Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E08: Two Cliques

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, SongbirdHollow said:

Don’t forget Robyn trusting in God to find them a rennal!

Yes, Robyn mentions God occasionally and I did notice paintings of Jesus in the house (one of the girls’ rooms).

I think they have chosen which tenets of fundamental Mormonism to follow and let other policies and practices fall by the wayside. Kody probably fancies himself the prophet of his family’s brand of religion.

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
21 hours ago, nosedive said:

I wonder whose job it is to clean the hair out of the shower drain at Mykelti’s and Tony’s house.

I wasn't really a fan of Tony's when he was first introduced (remember his comment about Kody taking a 2nd mortgage to pay for the wedding) but he's really grown on me and I enjoy the little bits we see of him and Mykelti.

19 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Robyn is completely void of decency.  She is manipulative and lies to make herself look good.  She gave herself away this season when she told Kody she did not want to move back to Utah, but when he talks to Christine, don't say it was her saying it. Just like, don't say those are her uber strict Covid rules.  She thinks she is the Brown family scapegoat, but she is just the goat (apologies to goats everywhere.)

I forgot about this! Does Robyn not realise that she is being filmed, and Christine is going to be able to see these comments when they air on tv?

• LOL 4
  • Love 18

It looks like they're tiling the wall to the right of the columns.  Why?  They already have a fireplace.  I definitely can't see Kody having the patience to properly DIY some tile.  So they had a tile guy come in?  Did he/she quarantine for 10 days and follow the rules? It also looks like Robyn kept the furniture that came with the house.  Dayton is sitting in the chair that was in the listing. 

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

Edited by WhatsUpDummy
  • Useful 12
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, gingerella said:

Why on earth would K'Douche say that about kitchens? Such a bizarre statement to make IMO. You are one dude that in theory is schtupping these four women, so they're all sharing your peen but you don't want them sharing a kitchen? What the fuckity fuck fuck is that all about? Is he afraid cooking together will create a convivial atmosphere where his wives will share his ugly little secrets with one another? As if they couldn't do that already?!?

And why do Janelle and Christine still opine polygamy when they are clearly in such loveless and emotionally manipulative 'relationships' with K'Douche?

Oh, and I love how Douche Nozzle is always quick to diss monogamy, as if being plyg is some grand martyr's cross he bears for the world. You know what's more difficult than this charade of four 'wives' and your child army Douchey? Truly committing to one person for life, and making that shit work through good times and bad, through sickness and health, til death do you motherfucking part. THAT'S what's hard. Not your sad little parade of lameness. Fucking asshole.

Love every word of this post! 

As far as I can see, polygamy at least in Kody's world is for emotionally vacant, manipulative, and controlling men. He is only finding it hard now because half of his wives have woken up to his B.S.  And pretty much all of his children, certainly the adult ones. Janelle I think it was said that they raised strong willed children. They at least raised children smart enough to see what horrible lives their mothers' have had (other than Robyn's spawn), and want nothing to do with the lifestyle their mothers' have led. 

• Love 21

If you look at the video of Thanksgiving, the dining room table that was in the property listing pics (grey chairs) is behind Dayton (?).   Also in the pic it looks like the wine barrels were used as a side table type of thing.    It looks like on Thanksgiving they used the barrels and some type of top (probably plywood) for a bigger table.  God knows where those horrible chairs came from - but again the originals that came with the house are behind Dayton. 

• Useful 8
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

If Meri was being purely spiteful, it would show. She can’t hide it when she’s spiteful or angry. 

I am sure Janelle, Christine and their kids would attest to that. 

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Granny58 said:

I didn't read the book but I've read comments about the book.  I think it was in there that the wives couldn't get along sharing a kitchen.  I don't blame them.  I wouldn't want to share a kitchen either.  To be fair, I also don't want to share my husband.  Maybe I'm weird that way. 

Not me! I loathe cooking. I have cooked for the pickiest people on the planet, who also have had zero desire to shake things up a bit. Now, it's just the one picky person, but he's the pickiest of them all. Woe is me. 😆 

Anyone and everyone is welcome to come pull a Brown power-play over me and boss me around in my own kitchen. Please? I'll do the relish trays, hand you things and keep you company. 😂 

• LOL 16
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Adiba said:

I think they have chosen which tenets of fundamental Mormonism to follow and let other policies and practices fall by the wayside. Kody probably fancies himself the prophet of his family’s brand of religion.

Well, he had to found his own religion as they’re not welcome anywhere! A few of the kids tried to convert to LDS but were refused (I think Mykelti and Maddie?) because of their background. 

Christine’s family is pretty important within their former church (the AUB) Two leaders were Allreds (one was Christine’s grandfather) I refuse to believe they’ll take the Brown Clowns back in. Especially now it’s become public knowledge how King Kody treated the offspring of their former great leader.

• Love 16
21 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

what is it with Robyn and ugly chairs?

remember her 2 throne chairs… 😂

Those are to remind everyone that Kootie and Robyn are King and Queen of the Brown clan and you're not!

• LOL 17
  • Love 1

Damn, how dare Christine and Janelle choose other family (blood family even, sister and children) instead of sanitizing their mail so they could spend thanksgiving with kody and Robyn. Do they not realize, even with no covid, people routinely choose different parts of their families for different holidays, especially once their children grow up and have families of their own.

• LOL 2
  • Love 21

In another few years, if Robyn’s children ever move out and get married (haha), will she never travel to them for a holiday? Will she always put Kody and the other wives and whatever may be remaining of their plyg family above her adult children? Of course totally hypothetical, if they will move out and move on 

• Love 16
24 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I keep watching Robyns family and there’s just something  ‘off’ with them. 

The oldest son says nothing. Yes I know about his disability but he’s too quiet. 

The two oldest girls remind me of Stepford Wives.  So anxious to be happy and get it right!

The two young ones seemed just too overly excited to see Meri!  I noticed them glancing at the camera. 

The boy seems quiet and the little girl is showing signs of something. She’s very backward and not seeming to be very social after the huge Meri hello!

I would say not all is well in Robyns home!

In the very first season, before she married Kody, her kids seemed fairly ‘normal’. I remember scenes where the kids were being ornery and happily goofing off, driving Robin nuts. 

The contrast now is really sad. Aurora is Robin 2.0. She is the only Brown who I think might live polygamy. Robin will of course teach her how to be HBIC, if she does. 

I’ve always liked Brianna. I hope she can break away and seek out healthy relationships once she’s 18. 

• Love 11
30 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

The oldest son says nothing. Yes I know about his disability but he’s too quiet. 

The two oldest girls remind me of Stepford Wives.  So anxious to be happy and get it right!

The two young ones seemed just too overly excited to see Meri!  I noticed them glancing at the camera. 

The boy seems quiet and the little girl is showing signs of something. She’s very backward and not seeming to be very social after the huge Meri hello!

The whole over the top greeting of Meri looked fake as hell to me….. AROARa crying, breanna whimpering and wiping tears was ridiculous…. It wasn’t that long since they saw Meri and the rest of the family at the fire pit get together… Robyns older girls are turning into fake bitches just like their mother…. Crocodile tears 😭 

Dayun usually looks confused or awkward probably because of his condition….. I’m not sure what to think of Sol, he seems a little shy but nice and Areola is just weird… why is she still sucking on a binky and running the house by staying up all night?!?

• Love 20

I am getting so sick of Robyn's little digs like HER kids follow the rules because they respect their father..  like the other kids don't?

What kind of a friend is she to Meri, knowing she was all alone and following rules but leaving her by herself during this time. Wouldn't a friend offer her to come and stay with her? She only keeps Meri close as she needs another vote and someone on her side. 

Also the issue with trust.. regarding covid rules and I think it definitely applies to Janelles boys as I recall Janelle even saying in one episode "if he wants to throw us under the bus.."

I think Christine and Kody went downhill after she refused to live in one house.. we know Kody withholds affection if  a wife goes against him as punishment. The final straw was when he refused to go with Ysobel for treatment, I think that sealed it for Christine and she was done.

• Love 16
19 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I think it’s more than that. She becomes giddy whenever Kody wants to speak to her about ANYTHING. If Meri was being purely spiteful, it would show. She can’t hide it when she’s spiteful or angry. 

Meri is just horny, plain & simple😍

• LOL 10
5 hours ago, magemaud said:

Did she cut her own hair?

Between the crazy haircut and the pacifier, I really have no clue what is going on with that child.  Total speculation here, but I wonder if Robyn is encouraging her youngest child to stay young and wild, therefore keeping the baby factory permanently closed off to Kody - she can hardly have another kid with him if Ari is swinging from the chandeliers at 3am.  As for the pacifier, either Robyn is too lazy to take it away or Ari has a tantrum when she does try and Robyn has just given up.  I know how difficult it can be to take a paci away from a child, but Ari is school-age - she should be in kindergarten by now.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
10 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

It is possible to have several members of a family   inherit conditions like autism to varying degrees. Just putting that out there.

• Useful 8
  • Love 5

Re Robyn’s kids:

Ari is the typical youngest child: the baby princess that is pampered, hardly ever corrected, worshipped and kept a baby because she’s the youngest. They typically get away with everything as they’re so adorably little. To make this condition ten times worse: She’s the youngest child of the top wife who happens to be over-protective of her brood as well. 

Sol: is Kody’s favorite son that needs to follow his lead. Sol seems quiet, no typical dare devil, kind-hearted and gentle. No awesome dude-type material which surely disappoints daddy. I suspect Kody tries to toughen him up.

Dayton: possibly on the ASD spectrum so therefore pampered and overly-cared for. Won’t gain his independence because mommy thinks he can’t. I suspect he’s treated as a big kid in every way and behaves like that.

Auroara: Name says it all…manipulative and delicately sensitive like mom. No self-esteem yet an entitled princess and above all a drama queen.

Breanna: I still have some hope for her if she can escape mom’s clutches…

• Love 10
10 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

YES! I noticed this also—like the excitement was encouraged and the children promptly resorted to over-acting, followed by seeking approval as of to say “Is this what you wanted me to do?”

It felt incredibly set-up. The only reason Meri fawns over those kids is that she’s stupid enough to think if she’s on Team Robyn, she may be taken off the bench by Kody and somehow get back in the game. 

Meri’s need for approval is definitely cringey—she says she understands Kody just wants to be friends, but her actions are that of a desperate, pathetic woman who doesn’t want to believe that. For a time I was hoping she’d leave like Christine, but more and more it’s entertaining watching Meri continue to be rejected. I don’t think she stays for spite, I think she’s delusional that somehow, Kody will take her back. 

So. Keep going back for more, Meri, you’re showing to be the opposite of your carefully crafted online social media persona. 

• Love 17

As I’m slightly bored at the moment, I pulled out my kindle and started searching for “kitchen entries” in the SW-book on my kindle. Yes, I bought it ages ago. (me dodging bullets now)

Janelle is the one who often mentions the kitchen one way or another. She specifically states that Meri challenged her on everything: the right way to fold clothes, the right way to clean the kitchen… Janelle also mentions that she does the dishes in the morning, leaving the dirty dishes overnight in the sink. Meri hated that.  Christine also said there was constant strive over the kitchen, though nothing specific.

That’s it really… was hoping for some more juicy details, but there weren’t any.

• Useful 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
42 minutes ago, LilyD said:

As I’m slightly bored at the moment, I pulled out my kindle and started searching for “kitchen entries” in the SW-book on my kindle. Yes, I bought it ages ago. (me dodging bullets now)

Janelle is the one who often mentions the kitchen one way or another. She specifically states that Meri challenged her on everything: the right way to fold clothes, the right way to clean the kitchen… Janelle also mentions that she does the dishes in the morning, leaving the dirty dishes overnight in the sink. Meri hated that.  Christine also said there was constant strive over the kitchen, though nothing specific.

That’s it really… was hoping for some more juicy details, but there weren’t any.

I’m with Meri on leaving dishes in the sink overnight. A glass or a bowl? Sure, no problem. All the dishes from a family dinner overnight? Hell No!

• LOL 4
  • Love 14

A four or five year old cutting their hair during COVID lockdown was quite common.  My granddaughter did it twice and even older grandson did it once.  My daughter told of other kids who did similar things.  Some of it was boredom and some was salons were closed awhile where they live and the kids got tired of hair in their faces.  Plus fourish is a common age to finally get their hands on scissors and experiment.

I remember quite a bit of commentary when the Browns were in Vegas of Robyn's older daughters acting way out of ordinary and making a huge fuss to the extent of pushing the son's full siblings out of the way when one of the older sons came home from somewhere.  Who it was is lost to memory.  They'd been taught or encouraged to over emote by that point.

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

I’m with Meri on leaving dishes in the sink overnight. A glass or a bowl? Sure, no problem. All the dishes from a family dinner overnight? Hell No!

Same. It’s better to get it done and wake up to a clean, tidy kitchen than have to worry about a mess first thing in the morning. I hate messes and clean up even as I’m cooking, with most of the cookware cleaned and put away before sitting down to eat (it could also be OCD, I cannot relax knowing there’s a mess to be dealt with). 

That does explain a lot about Janelle—sort of a lazy, procrastinating nature. 

• Love 17

So Meri is legally not married.  King Kody considers her as celestially not married to him.  Does Meri now have to find a new king of a planet to spend eternity?

There were a couple of male Mormon missionaries that were going door to door in my neighborhood a few weeks ago and I should've ask them.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, mytmo said:

There were a couple of male Mormon missionaries that were going door to door in my neighborhood a few weeks ago and I should've ask them.

Better to rely on the internet for your answers because it you show any interest at all, you'd never get rid of them. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, lilysmom said:

It is possible to have several members of a family   inherit conditions like autism to varying degrees. Just putting that out there.

The way I understand it, one can inherit the risk but not necessarily ASD itself. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Useful 8
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Same. It’s better to get it done and wake up to a clean, tidy kitchen than have to worry about a mess first thing in the morning. I hate messes and clean up even as I’m cooking, with most of the cookware cleaned and put away before sitting down to eat (it could also be OCD, I cannot relax knowing there’s a mess to be dealt with). 

That does explain a lot about Janelle—sort of a lazy, procrastinating nature. 

Same here.  I can't abide waking up to dishes in the sink.  I unload the dishwasher before bed, too.  The less I have to do in the morning, the happier I am.

Even Snowflake said Meri told her to clean as she goes.  So I can see why Meri didn't like it when Janelle left a mess.  Meri's pretty bitchy though, and she most likely could have been kinder when criticizing Janelle's sloth-like ways.

I can't stand AROARa's over-emoting.  She learned from the Master Witch.  

Something else is a bit puzzling to me.  Kootie telling that Christine hated him for little Truely's kidney failure.  I guess Christine kept that under wraps.  She called him "wonderful man" after that, and must have wanted to keep sweet when being filmed, or something.  Ysabel being without Kootie's help and support had to be the very last straw.

• Useful 3
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, LilyD said:

Re Robyn’s kids:

Ari is the typical youngest child: the baby princess that is pampered, hardly ever corrected, worshipped and kept a baby because she’s the youngest. They typically get away with everything as they’re so adorably little. To make this condition ten times worse: She’s the youngest child of the top wife who happens to be over-protective of her brood as well.

And "keeping" the baby a baby can then bleed into adulthood. I have seen a 45 year old woman who was treated like a baby and "protected" from those meanie older siblings to the point that they can't live on their own, have multiple marriages/divorces and dragging children into the toxicity (and then grandchildren by the time they are 40). And still declare that they are special because THEY are the baby!!

...youngest of four.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I worked full time, had 4 kids at home, and a husband who usually worked opposite hours than me.  It was all I could do to get the kids fed, homework done, laundry for the next day, baths & bedtime in the evenings.  I didn't want to spend my kid-centered time OR my few minutes of quiet/tv time doing dishes at night.  Much easier to clean up, load the dishwaher, and leave anything else soaking until the morning, when I'd get it done quickly before anyone else was up.  

I'm not sure what timeframe Meri's statement was referring to, but if it was after Janelle had some kids and was working... I'd have been right there with her in the "lazy, sloth-like, procrastinators" club.  

• Love 16

Early prediction - - - - - - - But, I am thinking the "nanny" is going to be a fifth wife of this abhorrent clan of misfits. Yeah , I know she is supposedly married but that shouldn't really matter. Maybe if they ingest her and her husband, Meri can have a lover again. 

Her constant pining over her man is so nauseating.  She basically begs and grovels. No way in hell would I ever act that way towards a man who doesn't love and respect me. But, I have that love and respect for myself so I don't need to get it from that asshole.

Robyn-UGH!!! Everything about her makes me tremble with hate. Yup, her eyebrows too. What are those caterpillars anyway. They are not natural so why the fuck does she do that to herself? Well, ugly meets ugly so I guess it all works out. She is one hell of a control freak just like her husband. Screw her that she can't understand why Janelle and Christine would want to be with their kids for Thanksgiving. Why couldn't Covid Protocol House go to Meri's for turkey? One might assume if they were all following the RULES set by Mr. and Mrs. Brown, that a change of venue , albeit briefly, could benefit her kids in allowing them to see 4 new walls. 

I am now on team Janelle. I used to not like her much but I feel like she is finally able to speak some truths and damn any consequences that result. She is showing her disgust over this whole arrangement and not bowing down to Kody when it comes to her kids. But the "fuck off" was simply brilliant. Worth the price of admission right there! 

• Love 10
On 1/10/2022 at 5:46 PM, Joan of Argh said:

Those chairs belong in Dracula’s castle 

what is it with Robyn and ugly chairs?

remember her 2 throne chairs… 😂

F8BC8D47-0399-48D9-82B2-6CE9BA593E3F.jpeg

I'm getting Tim Burton Beetlejuice vibes from these chairs.

Interesting watching Meri and Robyn concoct the narrative of who is in and who is out, that definitely benefited the both of them. If Robyn was a good friend to Meri she's tell her to move on but then she'd lose her yes man. Meri will do anything to stay near Kody. It's actually kinda sad.

Robyn is neurotic and she's making her kids neurotic too.

• Love 14

Today’s Meri is not the Meri of yesteryear!

She gave up a whole lot of power being first wife and allowing the divorce so Kody could marry and save Robyn and her kids 

The Meri that had the best apartment in the Lehi House and told everyone if they could back and forth and commanded both Christine and Janelle how the household would be run is not the Meri begging for crumbs and attention now!

How the mighty have fallen!

• Love 12
31 minutes ago, mytmo said:

So Meri is legally not married.  King Kody considers her as celestially not married to him.  Does Meri now have to find a new king of a planet to spend eternity?

That's interesting.... Or does he think it still counts as Brownie points for his celestial planet because he technically never unsealed his marriage?

I'm trying to understand what Crazy Kodouche is gaining from this situation: Staying sealed might bring him his planet but that would also bring Meri to his planet as she is his spiritual wife... And he doesn't even want to spend a lifetime with her, let alone eternity! Unless he can banish her to a moon of course (provided that his designated planet has one of course)

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, LilyD said:

That's interesting.... Or does he think it still counts as Brownie points for his celestial planet because he technically never unsealed his marriage?

I'm trying to understand what Crazy Kodouche is gaining from this situation: Staying sealed might bring him his planet but that would also bring Meri to his planet as she is his spiritual wife... And he doesn't even want to spend a lifetime with her, let alone eternity! Unless he can banish her to a moon of course (provided that his designated planet has one of course)

It’s really confusing how these ‘religious’ people think!

They make and change the rules as needed. 

I never see any bible reading or praying or dressing up to attend church. 

They would be what I call all talk and no show!

• Love 13
59 minutes ago, GeorgiaRai said:

'm not sure what timeframe Meri's statement was referring to, but if it was after Janelle had some kids and was working... I'd have been right there with her in the "lazy, sloth-like, procrastinators" club.  

This was in the early years of their marriage when it was just Meri, Janelle and Kody. In the same chapter, Janelle described the horrible evenings she went through with Kody and Meri snuggling up together under a blanket on the sofa every evening! So far for equal marriages. It didn't even exist in the honeymoon stages... From those chapters it was also painfully obvious that Meri was in charge; it was her way or the high way and Janelle couldn't get anything right, which was one of the main reasons why she moved out eventually.

• Useful 5
  • Love 8