Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E08: Two Cliques

• Start Topic

The Brown family grows more divided than ever; Christine and Janelle must choose between seeing Kody and seeing their older children; Robyn and Meri follow Kody's COVID rules so they can have Thanksgiving with him.

Air Date: January 9, 2021

12 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

At the end of the episode they showed previews for next week. So you mean to tell me exactly one month later, rules were followed and everyone got together for Christmas at the Big Canoe? Aka Chez Kobyn? 

I believe it is Douche Manor. TM Julez

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, deirdra said:

When they had that 3 firepits for 4 wives get together in ~August, Robyn's kids stuck to their picnic table and acted stand-offish, especially AuroraBreanna. A couple of the other kids came over (10' away) and spoke to them for a bit.  Day'un came over and spoke to Christine & her girls. Aurora, we don't believe your crocodile tears for a second. You don't miss any of them

Christine said in previous episodes that her girls really struggled in Flagstaff. Gwen in particular had trouble making friends, Ysabel was in pain and Truely never made friends either. By contrast Robyn's girls love Flagstaff according the Robyn. If IIRC Breanna was on the dance team? I wonder if they just ran in very different circles and I wonder if that caused some tension that still exists. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 3
Just now, Tuxcat said:

Christine said in previous episodes that her girls really struggled in Flagstaff. Gwen in particular had trouble making friends, Ysabel was in pain and Truely never made friends either. By contrast Robyn's girls love Flagstaff according the Robyn. If IIRC Breanna was on the dance team? I wonder if they just ran in very different circles and I wonder if that caused some tension that still exists. 

When Christine mentioned moving back thou all three girls said they didn't want to

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

That was some primo shade! Most people mistake outright insults for shade, but it ain't. Shade is subtle and if done incredible well, needs a bit of time and unpacking for the target to even realize they had been insulted. 

I'm getting a real "Flowers in the Attic" (sans the incest, hopefully) vibe at the Brown compound. Seems like all the kids are shuttered away from all civilization and goodness gracious, watch old VHS tapes of Robyn breakdancing (da fuck).  I think at this point I would wonder if I died and went to the Bad Place. 

Both Robyn and Meri making it seem like Janelle and Christine don't value the family because they made a choice to spend the holiday with their kids who couldn't/wouldn't comply with Robyn/Kody's rules was despicable. 

Kody conflating strict unquestioning compliance with showing respect and love - how is it possible to keep getting douchier and douchier with each episode? 

Christine is shady af.. love it 😍😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, suev3333 said:

Yes we wives must bow down to Koduche and RESPECT him, and be LOYAL to him.   Pffft   

Cue the “Theme From The Godfather”! Remember, never go against the fambly! 

• LOL 10
  • Love 4

Robyn and Kody spinning the story to justify the inevitable switch to monogamy from polygamy. They want it to appear the decision was made by the other three wives. Kody even said Christine decided to separate in his announcement about her leaving. Truthfully, they forced it by all the antics we see-the lack of exposure to him, his lack of closeness to his children, he shut them out which will force them to leave (who sticks around for his scraps) and then will say they chose to leave. Meri will end up like an aunt to Robyn and Kody. Those rules he and Robyn came up with were a bit of CYA for the nanny. Their answer for What Does The Nanny Do? The same with allowing Meri to visit. The situation is so sad for Janelle and Christine’s kids and I don’t enjoy watching anymore. 

• Love 20
5 minutes ago, MamaGee said:

From the way she talked in this episode, I would have guessed Janelle would be out the door right behind Christine. 

Right? But this is the same Janelle who swore she wouldn’t uproot her kids and move to a flagstaff. I think she genuinely didn’t want to, but gave in way too easily. I’ll be surprised if she leaves as Christine did, but I do hope she does one day. 

• Love 19

I was kinda surprised that Janelle spent Thanksgiving with her sister in Utah. I thought there was "no one there for her" in Utah? So Janelle did not only disregard Christine's daughters and Mariah, but also her own sister.  And I'm not buying Christine's story that her children "love Janelle so much" for one second. Maybe they like her, but love? Did Janelle ever visit Aspyn or Mykelti in Utah? Finally, the scapegoat. Of course, Robyn is the scapegoat. I mean, she's only ever got the tablescraps, right? 🙄

Edited by Elodia
  • Love 21
11 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Right? But this is the same Janelle who swore she wouldn’t uproot her kids and move to a flagstaff. I think she genuinely didn’t want to, but gave in way too easily. I’ll be surprised if she leaves as Christine did, but I do hope she does one day. 

Janelle has had the jam to separate herself twice before.  I knew about the 2 years or so she spent away before the purchase of the Lehi house (which she came back and financed), but was surprised to learn that she had stayed behind for 8 months in Wyoming? for her employment. 

The will to fight for her own and kid's mental health seems to have left her.  Even muttering F**k you to Kody was done in a gutless manner with her back to him as she was walking away.  To have been really effective about her feelings, she should have made this declaration right to his face, waited for his response, then countered with her honest emotions.  Instead she took the cowardly route of hit and run, nothing gets resolved that way.

• Useful 1
  • Love 23

I just watched the first scene during my lunch break. "That's a door" is the same thing as "Look at the trees." Dumb and in denial of the reality of the situation. It's also cruel for Robyn to be giving Meri hope when there is none and she knows it. 

And all 4 of these women make a huge show about being moms to all 18 kids. But Robyn got annoyed when one of the other kids dared to call her, and I'm betting Christine and Janelle haven't given a thought to Robyn's kids' mental health. They are all so full of it. 

Is there a production set on the Prairie Land that they just keep reusing? I can't think of any other reason for continuing to drive out there to talk.

• Love 20
49 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

Her youngest daughter, still don’t know the spelling of her name, seems too old for a pacifier.

Are you kidding me?  That kid was born in January 2016.  She's still sucking on a pacifier? 

Wait, hold the phone, Robyn is probably still nursing her along with the whole co-sleeping scenario.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 18