Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E02: Thin Ice

• Start Topic

On 1/11/2022 at 1:27 PM, Bruinsfan said:

And as someone who has spent their adult life employed, I will be honest and say I sometimes disconnect with shows where the characters in a work place are a deeply close family where no one can ever concieve of leaving, no one wants a promotion because that means leaving the family and everyone loves their job so much, everyone stays despite all problems including serial killers and in this show's case, a childishly evil superior bent on their destruction

That's what i appreciated about the first episode of the season, less so this one, in that it showed them being split up and actually still working, not tearing their hair out.  Most adults change jobs every frew years, voluntarily or not, so this ridiculous 'family' trope needs to go away.  LIke on NCIS, McGee getting married with only his work friends because, sure the families would 'understand'.  Ugh, no.

• Love 1

Ha! I see i'm not the only one who was wondering if it's suddenly 9-1-1: Friendly Manitoba.

Come on guys. It's not THAT cold lol Paul was referring to his Chicago days, dude. we had lower single digit few weeks ago for days. (i finally closed my windows lol) I guess since all he was wearing was that thin undershirt and it was wet, i'll give it a pass. but still i think it would take more time for him to go into a barely conscious state at the temperatures Texas gives out. 

• Love 1
On 1/11/2022 at 1:20 PM, iMonrey said:

But this kid was under the ice for over a week!

Seriously, though - even in "show time," two hours is a very conservative estimate, from the time the kid fell into the icy water, to the time the couple found him, and then the couple had to go find someone's house and use a land line to call 911. How long before they found someone who even had one of those? And then the time for the ambulance to arrive, during a major winter storm. That seems like a lot in just two hours.

It was the lady's own house. That was in the dialogue. Just back tracking, no aimless roaming required.