Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
comatoast

Memory Lane: Seasons 1-5

This is pretty juicy from that article, from Carole.  So she didn't even want to leave the show but it appears that Bravo didn't give a shit.  Did Bethenny help influence that, I can't help but wonder!!!!  I'm not even a big Carole fan but I'd rather have her on the show than off of it.  At the end of the day I prefer Carole over a LOT of the NY HWs.  Not the core 3 (although Sonja is definitely starting to falter) but ones like Tinsley, Heather, Jill, Kristen certainly.  Dorinda.  Leah no question. You don't even have to ask.

I would think maybe Eboni and Carole would get along.  It's too bad.  Although Luann did have a really bad reaction to her name the other episode. 😄

“I stayed for the money. Sometimes you stay longer than you feel in your heart that you should,” she revealed. “I don’t regret it, but it was a big learning lesson about a lot of things in life. I would have stayed another season if Bravo and I could [have] come to some agreement, but they were unwilling, I was not willing … it was bad at the end; I’m not gonna sugar coat it at all. I’m glad that it’s behind me.”

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

On 6/1/2021 at 1:48 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

This is pretty juicy from that article, from Carole.  So she didn't even want to leave the show but it appears that Bravo didn't give a shit.  Did Bethenny help influence that, I can't help but wonder!!!!  I'm not even a big Carole fan but I'd rather have her on the show than off of it.  At the end of the day I prefer Carole over a LOT of the NY HWs.  Not the core 3 (although Sonja is definitely starting to falter) but ones like Tinsley, Heather, Jill, Kristen certainly.  Dorinda.  Leah no question. You don't even have to ask.

I would think maybe Eboni and Carole would get along.  It's too bad.  Although Luann did have a really bad reaction to her name the other episode. 😄

I’d take Carole back to hang out with Eboni. I’d like to see Eboni with someone closer to her intellectual level to hang with. 
Heck, even Tinsley would have better energy. 

• Like 6

I’m almost through my S4 rewatch. Ramona was shook by the fortune teller and Mario was so the cat that ate the canary when they returned from the Morocco trip (and Ramona covered him in oil). Alex is a kook but I can see where she’d be an excellent therapist today. She really does listen and feel, even though the other women consistently steamrolled her. I need to find myself a man that looks at me the way Simon looks at Alex. They were strange but their love is real.

• Like 12

7 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Alex is a kook but I can see where she’d be an excellent therapist today. She really does listen and feel, even though the other women consistently steamrolled her. I need to find myself a man that looks at me the way Simon looks at Alex. They were strange but their love is real.

At the end of the day, she was completely harmless, I would take her back over the present day additions in a heartbeat.  On rewatch I was still so pissed at Kelly for telling her to stop turning red.  F off Kelly.  It was SO uncomfortable to watch.

Cindy was a complete waste of space.  I forgot how bad she was. That lunch where she couldn’t even handle ONE of her twins.  I would love to see how they turned out.  🙄.  I still don’t understand why neither of her parents that she was having lunch with didn’t step in and take the kid, she had to call an assistant?  Like isn’t that the whole point of grandparents (I kid!).  But I couldn’t imagine taking my son to lunch with his Mimi and her not immediately taking him off my hands.  

• Like 11
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Cindy was a complete waste of space.  I forgot how bad she was. That lunch where she couldn’t even handle ONE of her twins.  I would love to see how they turned out.  🙄.

Well, in August 2019 she announced that one of her 9 year old twins is transgender.

https://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/personal-space/cindy-barshop-twin-child-jesse-is-transgender

• Like 4

4 hours ago, geauxaway said:

she had to call an assistant?

Who had just given birth herself! That was infuriating. When I look back on it, Cindy was so entitled in that regard. 

• Like 6

On 6/15/2021 at 12:12 AM, RedDelicious said:

I’m almost through my S4 rewatch. Ramona was shook by the fortune teller and Mario was so the cat that ate the canary when they returned from the Morocco trip (and Ramona covered him in oil). 

I just re-watched the Morocco episodes (to prep for my own trip to Morocco!) and Mario's reaction was SO painfully obvious. He repeated what Ramona said, or paraphrased it back to her - a classic stalling technique - before answering. (As if a fortune teller would refer to a child as "another woman!")

Jill was less loathesome on the trip than I remembered. I liked how she came to Ramona after cooling off and mended fences. She just seemed to be more easy-going, less overbearing. I think I just couldn't stand Jill by the end of S3 that she couldn't do anything right, but Ramona was no picnic either with her guest requests and the unpacking.

Poor Alex - I think she would have enjoyed the trip a lot more if she wasn't fighting Ramona's battles. 

• Like 7