Type keyword(s) to search

Legends - General Discussion

ApathyMonger
  • Start Topic

I really like tthat he show tackled a serious real life issue, the lack of women's right and misogyny in Saudi Arabia. I get so sick of the every arab is a terrorist stories that so many tv are obsessed with. 

I don't think that Hani had anything to do with the explosion. She was used a decoy and is lucky to be alive. I am interested to see where the story goes next. 

I am getting tired of Martin's legends and hope they will give it a rest for an episode or two.

I actually liked this episode. I think we are moving towards a coming together of the pieces. Martin is starting to piece together the lies that he is being fed. I liked that he seemed to connect the Sonya and Gates conversations.

I think Tony was made a team member because the show recognized what was discussed in prior episode threads - Tony was disconnected from Martin and the events f his Legends in a way that made him unlikable. Just the act of bringing him up-close and personal with Martin, that dynamic is already starting to change. Tony on the outside knew Martin wasn't the killer, but couldn't grasp the bigger picture, so he attacked Martin in a way that not only helped no-one, but actually stood a chance at jeopardizing Martin's life. Tony on the inside sees the bigger picture and is now better able to see that Martin is somehow being victimized. The latter leads to forward movement in the story. The former accomplished nothing but make us hate Tony.

Less Ali Larter as Crystal is always a good thing. Pretty much evey other female character is better than her.

• Love 1

Storyline is pesky at times. Even Sean is too edgy for my taste. I want this show to work, but I can hardly see prospects for a second season.

This has "just one season" written all over it

When Crystal said to Gates, "Has Martin gotten himself into trouble again?" my first reaction was that this wasn't realistic dialogue from a woman that young, and my second was to wonder at the barely restrained glee in her voice when she asked the question. I half expected her to follow up with a smiling, excited, "Did he? Huh? Did he, did he, did he?!"

Well, considering the ratings, I will say, yes, this is likely going to be an one season show.  Poor Sean Bean.

So, the enemies are so powerful this time, they actually knew Martin was actually an undercover agent, and are know getting ready to kidnap his family.  Whoops!  This certainly not a good development for them.

The bank for evil people.

I could watch Sean Bean's face all day but unfortunately, the rest of the show is rather pedestrian. I'm veeery slowly catching up but it's more of a chore.

When he came out at the end I thought it's such a shame Ned Stark had to die.

I hope there will be some repercussion on him killing that guy. Unfortunately, I don't think that will happen.

I could not help myself yelling: you were so wrong! when that homeless guy told Rice that a woman killed that guy. Because I don't like how Rice is unfolding either. Of course, they're hiding something, they're they undercover branch! Duh!

Ok, another episode some time this weekend.

Edited by supposebly

I liked that twist actually that they knew who he is. 

What didn't make sense was the kidnapping itself. If they knew that he is an FBI-agent and not a journalist, there would be no point in picking him up from the airport and kidnapping him. It would have been much easier for them to kill him instantly.

What do they possibly gain from the kidnapping?

Despite the appeal of Sean Bean, I have to admit I'm losing interest in this show.  But since it's almost over, I'm going to stick it out through the final two episodes next week.  I really hope he gets a good project next.

Martin must be at a tv world record for the number of times that he has been kidnapped and tortured. 

I loved that his wife was clearly an agent assigned to protect him. I hope that if the show is renewed that we see more of her badass side.

• Love 1

I knew that was why they picked Amber V. for this role. That is what she is better at. Demure does not suit her acting skills well.

I enjoyed this episode and liked that answers were starting to come quick and fast.

As soon as John Cameron's name came up as the targeted bad guy, I had the feeling that Martin was Cameron.  So Martin was an undercover MI6 agent, using the Cameron legend and planted within the evil Verlax organization. 

Part of me was hoping that Sonya would die, but I guess they need someone to watch over Aiden.

Although I'm not optimistic, I hope the show returns for a second season so that we can see how Martin gets out of this mess and uncovers his real identity.

Edited by tv echo

I am so glad they fixed Martin's backstory to make him a former MI6 agent. That nonsense the show started with about his being a former US military brat whose family had been stationed in the UK was ridiculous. Unless he was very young at the time, it's extremely unlikely that he'd lived there long enough to get an accent. Overseas military tours with dependents would only have been for three or four years--or less. Plus, since he's now in his 50s, he would have lost the accent years ago unless he'd spent most of his adult life in Britain.

If there's a second season I hope they dial back the "legends" stuff for Martin unless he's mostly going to be impersonating non-Americans. IMO, Bean doesn't do a believable American accent and he certainly can't pull off things like the Texas drawl he attempted a few episodes back. AFAIC, whoever talked him into that travesty should be drummed out of showbiz.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu

How many TV series/movies have used Blackwater stand-ins as bad guys? Not that I'm in anyway a fan of them, but it's a bit of a cliché at this point.

I prefer the far more believable corporate mercenary as the bad guy than the overused random Muslim/Russian.  

• Love 2

Even later to the party, if they were married in 2004, assuming she ever was his wife, I wonder if the wife being blackmailed somehow?

If she is not his wife at all then she pretended for 10 years? I assume it is 2014 in-show too.

Still sloooowly catching up but this episode made me interested, so I need to see if Kirk Acevedo makes it out of that car alive today.

Shut up, agent Rice. People who keep telling everyone how awesome they are, ugh. Especially when they are really not.

I can't normally tell if an accent is good or not, but even I found it off. But it seems Texan accents seem particularly difficult?

"Has Martin gotten himself into trouble again?" my first reaction was that this wasn't realistic dialogue from a woman that young,

Same here. Why did she talk like she was his mother? The woman really shouldn't be acting.

I hate how Kirk Acevedo gets killed all the time I see him on TV. He was wonderful.

I wasn't too surprised that Gates was in on it. For what purpose, I can't say. Maybe he's really just trying to protect Martin so he won't get taken out in case he remembers. Still, I don't trust him either at this point.

"Trust no one", serious X-files season 1 flashbacks here.

I think he kept holding that cup for quite a while and by the time he absentmindedly took a sip, he didn't make the connection. Well, and a car accident, very little sleep and some major shootout, yes, I give him credit for that.

I like this show much better now. I actually want to know how it ends. Are they actually planning to continue this? Once he knows what happened and who he is, what show is there to do?

Just watched the finale (yes, it took me a while....).  I really hope this comes back for a second season as Martin would be so off the grid and rogue in order to find those responsible.  The show wouldn't be weighed down with the FBI stuff.  That I would love to watch.  Anyway, if it's back, so am I...

I expected cancellation, so this is good news. Those total numbers (glad they're finally looking across all platforms) are pretty good though.

One wish for the supporting cast: Make sure to keep Tina Majorino. I really liked the interactions and chemistry her character had with Odum.

• Love 1

I'm finding it very hard to determine when this comes back.  Apparently no longer on Aug. 25 as originally stated.  Anybody know?

According to Wikipedia (yeah, I know) it is returning November 2.

I'm trying to figure out if holding the show back until the fall season is well underway good or bad. I was really looking forward to its return this month, so I'm not sure what to make of the move. And putting it up against Castle, Blacklist and NCIS: LA? I'd think all three would share the same audience, and that audience is pretty finite.

According to Wikipedia (yeah, I know) it is returning November 2.

Yeah I checked TNT and that's the most recent return date.

This episode is available on some On Demand systems, as well as on TNT.com. The episode itself will not air until November 2 in the US on TNT, so read this topic at your own risk!

Martin Odum is a fugitive, hiding out in present day London and wanted by the FBI for a crime he did not commit. He can't remember his life prior to an injury he suffered in the Iraq War, so he's searching for clues about his true identity with the help of CIA agent Nina Brenner. Meanwhile, in 2001, FBI agent Curtis Ballard and his Czech Police partner, Gabi Miskova, launch an investigation into a Russian gangster named Dimitry.

(edited)

Definitely feels very Homeland-y, and not just because that's another show that tries to re-invent itself every season. I enjoyed it enough to stick with it for a few weeks at least. I watched all of Murder in the First S2, and it can hardly be a worse second season than that.

I don't trust the schoolgirl at all, but at least part of that is that I know her from The Fall.

I don't miss most of the old cast, but I wish Tina Majorino were still around.

Edited by ApathyMonger
  • Love 1

This episode is available on some On Demand systems, as well as on TNT.com. The episode itself will not air until November 9 in the US on TNT, so read this topic at your own risk!

In present day London, Martin is finally able to make contact with Ilyana Crawford, a woman who may be linked to his past. Unable to get answers from her, he turns to her teenage daughter, Kate, who is in search of her own identity. In 2001 Prague, Dmitry is on a mission to locate a wanted war criminal believed to be connected to the Chechen gangsters. But Dimitry's handler is concerned that his infiltration techniques may be crossing the line.

I loved this. Several storylines that seem interesting. The 2001 Sean Bean is too old for being 14 years younger...but, oh well. I am a fan of Sean Bean and generally like what he does. I think the teenage girl will get into some serious trouble and that there is some kind of link between the mom and Sean so he will get involved. I want to know more about the FBI agent who lost his leg somehow. I hope others are watching this.

• Love 1

I found it very disjointed, too much intercutting of story lines too quickly.  Yes, there was a definite connection between him and the Russian mom and that was one of the plots I found interesting.  Otherwise, too many plots dangling.  I'll probably watch at least one more episode

• Love 1

As a Sean Bean fan, I enjoyed this.  I was glad to see that all the other actors from season one were gone.  I'm not a fan of all the time jumps, which seems to be a popular theme lately, but I'll tolerate them for the sake of being able to see an actor that I admire, as well as seeing how some promising storylines play out.

I was trying to remember more of the set up from season 1, who Martin was framed to have killed and a bit more of the background from then.  Guess I could have used a clip show/recap to refresh my memory.  I do like that we're hopefully going to find out more about his background, who he really is.  Already there are questions as to his connection to the Russian woman and her daughter, why are they receiving death benefits for John Cameron, who Martin may also be, but she called him Dimitri?  I like most of the new characters so far and looking forward to learning more about them.

So other than Morris Chestnut, everyone from last season is gone? I am not complaining too much, but I liked his estranged wife and son. I think that the show is stronger this season and I am enjoying it a lot. I don't mind the flashbacks. 

• Love 1

Yeah, I have also gotten used to the flashbacks and can follow them better than last week though I don't really remember what happened in Season 1 including why Martin(?) is on the run in the first place. But I am a big fan of Sean Bean so I figure I'll just go along for the ride. Not much to watch on a Monday night anyway.

It's a race against time as Martin searches for Kate in Paris. He's convinced the peaceful protest she's attending may turn violent at the hands of her friend Ifti, a boy with radical beliefs. In 2001 Prague, Dmitry discovers that the key to getting close to Doku Zakayev may not be his brother Tamir, but instead Doku's wife, Ilyana. In 1991 Lithuania, a younger Ballard is involved in an incident that will affect the rest of his life.

I think the loss of Most of last season's cast actually works. The ex and the kid are still a thing, but not being their constantly enables storyline movement. I miss the Steve Harris character because I thought he brought layers to the show, but with the shift in focus, it is hard to see how his character wouldn't interrupt the flow of the current stories. Perhaps they can bring the character back on a recurring basis as the person Morris Chestnut's character reports to.

• Love 1

So the police question/search the young Muslim man, who was carrying the white-girl's bag.  Wouldn't they think it strange to find girl stuff in the bag, like her ID, possibly some femine hygiene products (I know I always carry an emergency supply), a brush with long dark hair in it, face cream or other beauty products, female clothes?  Wouldn't that suggest he switched bags with a girl and that was suspicious?

• Love 1

What IS this?

I just segued into this show after failing to change the channel from Major Crimes, but it looks extremely interesting.  And who doesn't love Sean Bean, even if he's a little jowly these days? 

But then I came here and saw I was 13 episodes behind and decided I couldn't possibly catch up.  (Insufficient download speed to watch anything online.)

But now I'm reading this thread and no one really seems to know much more than I do.   Hmm.

Is there an ongoing arc having something to do with this Kate person, plus an independent story for each episode?  Or is it all connected and so hopelessly convoluted I was right the second time and there's no point trying to dope it all out?

Oh wait, Kate's the Muslim newbie. . .

Anyone know where I could get some recaps?