Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E05: Why We Fight

raven
  • Start Topic

"There is no prize for the best victim." Truer words.

Krisjen out here killing it in a short skirt and a looooong jacket. 🎂 I'm going to miss her "I came to slay" fashion.

I'm starting to suspect that Rosenberg will take Marco out

Oh I hope not. I think Naomi or Drummer should have that honor. What I'd really like though is for Filip to do it. Maybe Rosenfeld would be about to witness what happens and decides to walk away instead of helping Marco.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 4

Looks like the Final Battle will be over the new Belter capital, Medina, and the Mormons are still pissed. Will Drummer meet Rosenfeld?

I realize women have been the backbone of all the ‘ships we’ve seen over the seasons.  I can’t get over that Holden killed all those doctors on the Marasmus to destroy the protomolecule, yet the whole Free Navy/Mars/Laconia plot could not happen without the existence of the protomolecule sample that Naomi spared.

The show has presented being good or evil as a matter of the individual’s choices, no matter the gender; Sanjdrani, on Ceres, pointedly faces the most difficult of choices between Marco and Drummer.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Krisjen out here killing it in a short skirt and a looooong jacket. 🎂 I'm going to miss her "I came to slay" fashion.

Absolutely. She's been one of a kind, without question. 

• Love 3
On 1/6/2022 at 10:29 PM, raven said:
On 1/6/2022 at 9:15 PM, xaxat said:

Why can't this be episode 5 of 10 instead of the penultimate episode? There is entirely too much to cover in the last episode.

This cannot be repeated enough. 

Argghh. I have been thinking about this all week! "Why We Fight" had some great scenes, acting, and some big, thinky ideas about poltics, war, loyalty, love and trust. Chess pices were moved around.  But it wa so distracting knowing this is the second-to last episode!

Edited by marinw
  • Love 3

If Amazon reponds to all our begging and pleading, they could hire the novel writers for some original material that happens after this season but before the events of Tiamat's Wrath. There are also some novellas they can adapt.

If I sound like I'm grasping at straws, I am.

Edited by marinw
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, marinw said:
  On 1/6/2022 at 9:29 PM, raven said:
On 1/6/2022 at 8:15 PM, xaxat said:

Why can't this be episode 5 of 10 instead of the penultimate episode? There is entirely too much to cover in the last episode.

This cannot be repeated enough. 

Yes it can.

It's like if everybody kept going on and on, at the Louvre, about why the Mona Lisa isn't a bigger painting. COVID 19, the shut down of planet earth, a-hole actors, the absence of Jared Harris, and 6 episodes were not artistic choice made by the show runners. They've done quite a lot to rescue this season of the Expanse from the sh#ttiest of circumstances. Have hope, beratnas.

• Love 6

Celebrating on the Pella with Earther Brandy was a nice reminder of Del Gado’s joke in Season 5. Where is he anyway; will he be on the Strike Force?

Fillip finally saw Naomi’s warning about feeling remorse for killing someone and mirrored his mother’s consoling hug. Rosenfeld had called him out on his pretend remorse earlier; he’s never seen someone feel true remorse, TLS.

IIRC Madame A. had been looking for an alternative Belter to deal with a while ago.

Drummer and Ashford had a conversation earlier about policing Ring Transit at the Earther’s bidding.

Did Drummer say Oxsana “stayed on Ceres” after the fight with the Roci? Are all the Fam Five on Ceres?

The Strange Dogs don’t have hands to carry Xan or the bird, so does the protomolecule do all ‘the work’? I’m so glad Miller shot Dresden, Cortozar will be all over Xan! 

X-ray Bobbie is right, the Roci needs a Martian crew.

Next episode: A Good Man Goes To War.

• Love 1

Everything not on the "little girl planet" was great. It is really staring to feel like padding. Surely they could have given us more interaction with the main characters if they needed more scenes.

Next episode will be sad, no matter what happens. Goodbye Expanse, you will be missed.

• Love 3

[scratches head]I re-watched the last two episodes and it didn't dawn on me until now that part of the reason for the belters' tattoos on the face and particularly near the eyes is because in space, depending on your helmet and faceplate, your face is the only skin that's visible to others.   I thought I saw a belter's tattoo, a sword down the right side of his face, briefly through his faceplate.[/scratches head]

Edited by JZL
  • Useful 1
18 hours ago, JZL said:

[scratches head]I re-watched the last two episodes and it didn't dawn on me until now that part of the reason for the belters' tattoos on the face and particularly near the eyes is because in space, depending on your helmet and faceplate, your face is the only skin that's visible to others.   I thought I saw a belter's tattoo, a sword down the right side of his face, briefly through his faceplate.[/scratches head]

Belter tattoos are a tribute to the history of the Belt. Early (and cheap) vacsuits would leave burns and scars, especially at the neck where the helmet connected.

They can also convey affiliation and the like, but most importantly that they're Beltalowda and not Inyalowda.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I'm fast forwarding the stuff with the kid. Whatever.

Great scene with Drummer and Avarsarala. Can't believe  they wait to the bitter end to bring these two together.

I'm really going to miss this show. I only get into sci-fi occasionally- this was the first I watched since BSG. I think I enjoyed it more. BSG had some great moments but the nonsensical parts of the plot really undermined the whole show for me.

• Like 3