Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E10: An Expensive Glitch and a Goof-Off Room

DanaK
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

The Cooper household that Mary ran may have had a TV, but I doubt they were watching Saturday Night Fever.

Sure, but as we've seen numerous times now, Mary's rules have never stopped Georgie from anything. 

• Love 3

It’s kind of hit and miss as to whether Georgie would’ve seen Saturday Night Fever. I’m about the same age as him at that point and I never saw it, it came out when I was like two. I’d heard of it, though, mostly because I saw Airplane.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, SnarkySheep said:

Anyone find it rather unbelievable that Georgie would have no idea who/what the Bee Gees or Saturday Night Fever were? IMO most teens today would have at least heard of them and that's decades later, while Georgie here would have been a kid during their peak?

3 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Georgie not knowing who the Bee Gees are and not having seen Saturday Night Fever may be a tiny bit inconsistent with viewers' memories of the episode when Georgie and Mom were watching an old video together (was it Dirty Dancing?), but, IIRC, that was a one-off for them. The Cooper household that Mary ran may have had a TV, but I doubt they were watching Saturday Night Fever.

When Young Sheldon is set, Dirty Dancing is less than a decade old, so I would not call it an old movie. Saturday Night Fever was shown on television, so Georgie could have seen it when George and Mary were on a date and out of the house. George has friends, so he could have seen it when he was at a friend's house.  

2 hours ago, Sarah 103 said:

When Young Sheldon is set, Dirty Dancing is less than a decade old, so I would not call it an old movie. Saturday Night Fever was shown on television, so Georgie could have seen it when George and Mary were on a date and out of the house. George has friends, so he could have seen it when he was at a friend's house.  

Yeah, but there’s a huge difference between opportunity and actually wanting to see it. I just can’t see Georgie going, “Ooh, Saturday Night Fever is on, let’s microwave some popcorn and watch it!”

• Love 4
1 minute ago, kariyaki said:

Yeah, but there’s a huge difference between opportunity and actually wanting to see it. I just can’t see Georgie going, “Ooh, Saturday Night Fever is on, let’s microwave some popcorn and watch it!”

It's closer to my generation and I don't want to see it!  But that said I've certainly heard of it.  I hate when they make teenagers seem dumb by having them be ignorant of fairly commonplace things.

• Love 1