Type keyword(s) to search

College Football

Minneapple
  • Start Topic

Go Badgers!

Can't like this enough! On Wisconsin, beat the Tide!

Solid lineup of games this weekend starting with North Carolina vs. South Carolina. I hear Fox Sports will actually have a "khaki cam" on Jim Harbaugh during Michigan's game against Utah tomorrow. I'm sure it will be a beautiful disaster. Can't wait!

That's definitely the game I'm going to be watching.  I hear Utah is a tough place to play on the road.  I can't see Michigan winning this game as I don't think Harbaugh has the talent yet but I wouldn't call it impossible either.

Well Michigan, with a solid quarterback and a much better running back could really become something. Overall, decent showing. Thank goodness for Jake Butt!!

By the way, Utah fans are the most welcoming, lovely people. Good job, Utes.

• Love 2

Colin Cowherd made his Fox debut, working as one of the analysts during the Michigan game.  I always enjoy his take on college football but good lord, he looked embarrassing with his dyed hair.  His haircut looked like Jerry's little boy haircut on an episode of Seinfeld.  Way to keep it real, Colin!

Colin Cowherd made his Fox debut, working as one of the analysts during the Michigan game.  I always enjoy his take on college football but good lord, he looked embarrassing with his dyed hair.  His haircut looked like Jerry's little boy haircut on an episode of Seinfeld.  Way to keep it real, Colin!

When I saw that hair my first thought was, "Did he lose a bet?"

Minnesota also put up an impressive effort in a loss to TCU.

Goooooooooo Gophers! 

I woke up this morning shocked to see that my golden rodents scored at the end and brought it to 23-17. I finally turned it off with about five minutes left in the fourth (why did this game take approximately 12 hours to play?!) and would never have guessed we'd get another score with the offense doing what it was doing. 

Lots and lots of Michigan fans around, on our best, most respectful visiting fan behavior. (seriously, Michigan fans are by and large quite docile)

Snort!

Couldn't prove it to Buckeye fans!

Is Harbaugh the Bill Belicheck of College Football with his stern face?

If they did, they got it past me.  It doesn't look like anything in particular to me -- space creature, blow job or anything else.

How does the LSU-McNeese State game that was canceled get recorded on the teams' records -- as a 0-0 tie?

College Football Final -- I miss Lou Holtz -- from reading sports boards, I know I am in a small minority, but I enjoyed having the coach perspective and having the long history of Holtz.  (But not the Notre Dame bias:  Go Blue!)  The first show with the new two co-hosts just seemed so plain.  Did not see Rese Davis on College GameDay, will try to catch him soon. 

• Love 1

I don't think many games finished the way I was hoping this weekend! Is Notre Dame legitimate or is Texas really bad? Alabama's run game looked terrifying. Major fails Nebraska and Penn State. I don't like the Big Ten performing so poorly; living in Pac12 country it gives me great joy to dismiss all but Oregon out of hand. Not this year!

• Love 1

--When Rece Davis was announced as Chris Fowler's replacement, I was so annoyed when everybody kept saying how they're basically the same person.

Well, with Rece as host, College Gameday is essentially the same. They did a nice tribute to Chris Fowler, with Fowler on set.

Still, I'm still not sure I like the 3-hour runtime. I fast-forward through a lot, and I'm still exhausted afterwards.

--For the 4th season, DirecTV refuses to carry the Pac-12 Network...There was actually talk it would happen this year. But no luck. So, like previous years, I had to watch today's games on an illegal stream, even though I'm paying big bucks for DirecTV. (I keep DirecTV because of NFL Sunday Ticket.)

--I recorded 2 primetime games Saturday. Alabama-Wisconsin and Texas-Notre Dame. Damnit, how could they both be blowouts?

I was at the Penn State game yesterday and damn, what a disappointment!  Franklin is a great recruiter but a lousy X's and O's coach.  His offensive coordinator is terrible and even former players from the teams LAST YEAR were ripping him on Twitter.  Christian Hackenberg's stock is going to hit rock bottom if things don't get better.  Outside of Northwestern's surprising upset over Stanford this hasn't been a good start for the Big Ten.  Ohio State needs to beat Virginia and MSU has to be Oregon next week.

nowandlater, I share your pain as I also recorded both Alabama-Wisconsin and Texas-Notre Dame.  Sounded like I missed the most exciting games.

If they did, they got it past me.  It doesn't look like anything in particular to me -- space creature, blow job or anything else.

How does the LSU-McNeese State game that was canceled get recorded on the teams' records -- as a 0-0 tie?

It won't count.  And with it not being rescheduled, LSU will only play 11 regular season games this year, just like Florida did last year.

As a Nebraska alum and fan, can we restart the season? Thanks. Ugh, the last second almost always bites us (see Big 12 championship game versus Texas) but props to BYU for winning. With a new coach I wasn't sure what to expect going into the game but was hopeful, not confident, for a win. I saw a lot of things to be hopeful about though.

Now that all the opening week games have been played, here's what I learned in Week 1:

• Year 2 of the Charlie Strong Era at Texas got off to a very bad start.  He's not gonna last long if he can't turn it around.
  • Nebraska had won 29 straight regular season openers.  A Hail Mary and a slew of red jerseys near the end zone not remembering to KNOCK THE BALL DOWN!!! kept it from reaching 30.
  • Apparently Utah didn't get the memo that Jim Harbaugh was making his coaching debut at Michigan.
  • Kansas is still Kansas.

Great win by Harbaugh. I'm cautiously optimistic we can win a majority of the rest of our games. Aiming high! It's been a rough 10 years.

Too bad Auburn came back, but the loud NOOOOOOO that rang through my house on that ND touchdown was really something to behold. Stupid lucky sons of bitches.

Hope the Spartans get a win! Oregon is always so crazy fast, so that's a scary team with or without Mariota.

• Love 1

I wonder if Bret Bielema misses Wisconsin. His tenure at Arkansas has been underwhelming.

Hate that Jacksonville St. couldn't pull off the upset, it would have made that sad looking Auburn fan dressed as Pikachu even funnier.

Man I can't stand Notre Dame.

• Love 2

It's SO nice to see the SEC smacked down this week.  Both Tenn and Arkansas lost.  I think Tenn can recover from a loss to Oklahoma (great comeback btw) but losing to Toldeo might be a deathblow for them.  I constantly kept hearing that those teams would be better this year.  Auburn didn't exactly wrap themselves up in glory either.

• Love 2

Oh, it is ON now! We'll see who's talking trash on October 3rd.

Should be a good game, barring any disasters 3-1 Wisconsin vs. 4-0 Iowa.

Speaking of, Kirk Ferentz may have bought himself another year with that win. To which I as a Badger fan say woo hoo.

Hardy har har to Bielema. The #karma gods are alive and well. Never look past the MACtion, Bret.

Also Auburn looked like crap. SECSEC.

• Love 1

Here's what I learned in week 2:

• Heartbreaking loss for Virginia, but when you're playing a team like Notre Dame you can't take your foot off the gas, not even for a second.  Coach Mike London is already on the hot, and this 0-2 won't be doing him any favors.  That said, I don't like Notre Dame's chances against Georgia Tech next week, with the starting QB out and all.
  • The Jacksonville State game showed that Auburn has no business being in the Top 10.
  • The Toledo game showed that Arkansas had no business being ranked.
  • Tennessee built up a nice lead over Oklahoma...only to pull a Clemson late.
  • Kentucky picked up its first SEC road win in 6 years.  They may be able to break a much longer streak next week.

I'm curled up in a corner trying to comprehend what is going on at my beloved Nebraska. What an amazing comeback. Sad they couldn't finish though. I've never witnessed a losing season before. This is so strange. Also? I'm baffled by how the Sun Life stadium was so empty.

Incredible play for Ole Miss when the QB chucked the ball in the air, bounced off some players and one of his guys caught it and returned it for a touchdown.

The Texas Tech coach had great quotes after the game regarding the Arkansas coach. (I'm too tired to look up their names to spell them correctly.)

I do love the chaos we've had in recent seasons in the early weeks. No longer a given of who will win.

• Love 1

Wow, my Cal Bears, which went 0-11 vs. FBS teams 2 years ago with freshman Jared Goff, is now 3-0 with junior Jared Goff.

(It's great to see my team on television. I pay so much money for DirecTV, which doesn't have and will never have the Pac-12 Network, where Cal plays nearly all of its games.)

Edited by nowandlater
  • Love 2

There are still a lot of questions moving forward.  Is LSU really that good?  Probably, but Auburn is most certainly mediocre at best, so we will see.  Is Ohio State the best team in the country? Most certainly not, but they don't play a quality opponent until *November 21*, so what do you do with that? Is the Pac12 as good as they seem? Is the SEC finally ending this long national nightmare of dominance? Time will tell.

Michigan needs to play a lot better to beat BYU next week. The quarterback situation is not good.  I am endlessly amused by Harbaugh in his grandpa reading glasses marching up and down the sidelines with the occasional emotional meltdown tantrum.