Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Minneapple

College Football

College Playoff is tired of the same old-same old and wants to open up her options.

• Like 1

Now that the NCAA lifted rules that previously restricted college athletes from making money off of name, image and likeness deals, Auburn QB Bo Nix is first out the gate with an endorsement deal.

• Like 1

College Gameday is kicking off at a battle of the HBCUs.

• Like 3

But will this help Oklahoma win a playoff game?

• Surprise 1

You know, I thought for a second that the Big 12 would die in the early part of the past decade. It survived and actually got better. Texas AND Oklahoma joining the SEC will kill it no matter what else doesn't happen

• Like 1

If OU and Texas are going to join the SEC, the SEC should have to shed two teams.  They can fight out who goes Hunger Games style.

Someone yesterday (on Highly Questionable, I think) said that conferences are no longer allowed to use numbers in their name, because the Big 12 and B1G make no sense, and I would like to add that geography no longer applies either.  Like The Big “East”.

I remembered not liking the last round of musical conference chairs. Nostalgia.

But I'm over that and am fully looking forward to the upcoming chaos.

• Like 4

This is the third time I can think of off of the top of my head about ESPN being wildly accused of interfering in things. There was Kirk Herbstreit supposedly leaking Les Miles to Michigan in order to sabotage the deal (plus I'm sure all sorts of other coach drama over the years). Then there was the Pac10 getting ready to raid the Big12. Although I can't remember if ESPN was supposed to have been for or against that.

Some in the media are trying really hard to make USC (along with Washington, Cal and Oregon) to the Big 10 a possible thing. I've also seen a few suggest SEC is courting OSU/Michigan and Clemson. Chaos is right.

At this point screw conferences. Might as well just form two leagues (ACC/SEC on one side and Big10/Pac12 on the other and split the rest) and the champions meet in a Super Bowl. Winner gets Notre Dame or something.

• Useful 1

6 hours ago, dmeets said:

At this point screw conferences. Might as well just form two leagues (ACC/SEC on one side and Big10/Pac12 on the other and split the rest) and the champions meet in a Super Bowl. Winner gets Notre Dame or something.

Probably the best shot Kelly has in terms of winning a Natty.  Assuming Alabama & Clemson both get picked off!

1 hour ago, Carey said:

Probably the best shot Kelly has in terms of winning a Natty.  Assuming Alabama & Clemson both get picked off!

Haha, that was my clumsy way of trying to say that instead of a trophy, winner gets Notre Dame as a prize to join their megaconference (since conferences will never stop courting them and the Big Ten has apparently never read He's Just Not That Into You). I imagine right now Notre Dame is sitting back eating this up! And hey maybe while ESPN has been devilishly scheming to decimate the Big 12, NBC is trying to finagle an automatic championship game for ND every year!

• Laugh 1