Type keyword(s) to search

College Football

Minneapple
  • Start Topic

14 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

I  guess this week it may be quicker to say which teams are playing than which games are canceled. Not a good week.

Four of the top five teams aren't playing.  This is getting worse than the Baseball breakouts, but we are talking about young adults who feel invincible.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, roamyn said:

Four of the top five teams aren't playing.  This is getting worse than the Baseball breakouts, but we are talking about young adults who feel invincible.

I wouldn't be surprised if the fifth team is going to have some issues soon after the storming of the field last weekend.

Edited by galaxygirl76
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, galaxygirl76 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the fifth team is going to have some issues soon after the storming of the field last weekend.

Notre Dame just announced that they have no positives, or no new positives.  Those were the players; no idea about the students, but I'll be honest: I couldn't care less.  I'm not "rooting" for "tragedy" but it's a simple case of you know the risks & it is what it is

• Useful 2

After Wisconsin went up 21-0, ABC showed a cutout of a Michigan fan in a "surrender cobra". 😄

One of those teams looked like they were playing their first games in weeks, a period during which they could not have regular practice sessions.

The other was Wisconsin.

Edited by xaxat
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, xaxat said:

After Wisconsin went up 21-0, ABC showed a cutout of a Michigan fan in a "surrender cobra". 😄

I recognized him immediately from Michigan's infamous loss to Michigan state in 2015 (surrender cobra guy is the thumbnail and appears at about 16 seconds in).

• Useful 2

Maybe someone can answer this question: What is at risk if TPTB at LSU and/or wherever else would throw the damn kitchen sink at the suspects, any (and all) suspects for these acts?  I don't know what I'm missing.  Assuming these are valid, how dumb can human beings be.  Forget it's years after what happened at Penn State; what the hell was going on over the past five years at Louisiana State University?!

I'm sorry, but the fact that this was going on before Ed became the head coach is far from a reason why he should survive.  What. A Mess

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Carey said:

Maybe someone can answer this question: What is at risk if TPTB at LSU and/or wherever else would throw the damn kitchen sink at the suspects, any (and all) suspects for these acts?  I don't know what I'm missing.  Assuming these are valid, how dumb can human beings be.  Forget it's years after what happened at Penn State; what the hell was going on over the past five years at Louisiana State University?!

I'm sorry, but the fact that this was going on before Ed became the head coach is far from a reason why he should survive.  What. A Mess

The risk was that one of their best players would've had to be dropped from the football team.  And we cannot have that, LSU is a top football program and it makes enough money to support all of the other athletic teams at the school.  They think that if they ignore it, if they try to silence the victims; that it might never become public, and, for way too many years, that was completely true.

I say this as a two time graduate of THE Ohio State University where the football tail has always wagged the dog.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

Indiana had chances vs ohio state but too many mistakes.  

As for Justin fields and his 0 Ints and 11 total incompletions on the year before today, after his first two passes he was completely overmatched and dominated by the IU D.  The run game carried ohio state the whole game. 

Three Ints today and more incompletions than he had all year combined.  5 sacks. Penix outplayed him. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

Indiana had chances vs ohio state but too many mistakes.  

As for Justin fields and his 0 Ints and 11 total incompletions on the year before today, after his first two passes he was completely overmatched and dominated by the IU D.  The run game carried ohio state the whole game. 

Three Ints today and more incompletions than he had all year combined.  5 sacks. Penix outplayed him. 

One of those IT’s was due to Olave tipping the ball, so in my mind it doesn’t count.

However I think JF just lost any chance for the Heisemann.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, roamyn said:

However I think JF just lost any chance for the Heisemann.

He didn't look good, but who did he lose it to?

I might have to check the contenders a week from now.  Trask could get there but I don't know if Florida will defeat Alabama.  Today should have been the perfect spot for Lawrence to get back into the hunt, but unlucky might be the lightest word to describe his situation

• Love 1

The first rankings for the College Football Playoff have been revealed.  Not much surprise within the Top 4, which features Alabama, Notre Dame, Clemson and Ohio State.  Barring something, I don't expect the season to end with these rankings.  I personally don't need to see Notre Dame/Clemson Part III.  There was an ounce of surprise to see the Tigers at No. 3 but it's not a stunner.  Ohio State nearly lost at home to Indiana.  Yes they are decent this year, but Indiana should've won given the fact that OSU looked bad.  Clemson didn't play, and prior to that, they didn't have their quarterback.  I think the committee got it right.  Florida & Texas A&M are just outside of those rankings.  Northwestern isn't too far behind, and thanks to that (among other things), Cincinnati has no chance at making the CFP

• Love 1
On 11/24/2020 at 8:30 PM, Carey said:

The first rankings for the College Football Playoff have been revealed.  Not much surprise within the Top 4, which features Alabama, Notre Dame, Clemson and Ohio State.  Barring something, I don't expect the season to end with these rankings.  I personally don't need to see Notre Dame/Clemson Part III.  There was an ounce of surprise to see the Tigers at No. 3 but it's not a stunner.  Ohio State nearly lost at home to Indiana.  Yes they are decent this year, but Indiana should've won given the fact that OSU looked bad.  Clemson didn't play, and prior to that, they didn't have their quarterback.  I think the committee got it right.  Florida & Texas A&M are just outside of those rankings.  Northwestern isn't too far behind, and thanks to that (among other things), Cincinnati has no chance at making the CFP

I completely disagree.

Clemson LOST.  tOSU didn’t “nearly lose”.  They had some younger players in in the 4th.  Yes, Justin Fields had his worst game, that’s true.  And Michael Pennix was amazing, which showed some weakness our secondary.  But IU has NO rushing whatsoever.

If ND beats Clemson in the ACC, then BYU or Cinci deserves to have the fourth spot.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, roamyn said:

I completely disagree.

Clemson LOST.  tOSU didn’t “nearly lose”.  They had some younger players in in the 4th.  Yes, Justin Fields had his worst game, that’s true.  And Michael Pennix was amazing, which showed some weakness our secondary.  But IU has NO rushing whatsoever.

If ND beats Clemson in the ACC, then BYU or Cinci deserves to have the fourth spot.

Fair enough.  Speaking of fair, I will give Cincy a chance: 1%.  Same goes for BYU.  I don't think the committee will add the Bearcats because they deserve to be there.  For one, they, along with BYU, have to win out.  Then they have to get help.  That help comes from the teams that they defeated along the way.

If ND beats Clemson, if I had to guess, the committee is not putting Cincinnati in before a one-loss Ohio State that feel short against an undefeated Northwestern team from the Big 10.  That panel could argue on Clemson's behalf that they lost without Lawrence and that they'd be a one-loss team losing to a perfect Notre Dame.  I wouldn't be a fan of that, BTW.  The Bearcats, to be fair, were once a power school when they had 6 big conferences including the Big East, so that would be total garbage to have a 2-loss Clemson team over a possible undefeated Cincinnati team.  Moreover, I would love to see Notre Dame vs Cincy

23 hours ago, Carey said:

an undefeated Northwestern team

As a Northwestern alum, I'm finding this combination of words nearly impossible to process.  I keep looking at them and thinking I'm having a stroke.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 11/28/2020 at 3:02 PM, docmatt said:

MIchigan  and Penn State are both not good. And this is not an awesome game. But it is so nice to hear Golic Sr. 

How bad is this year, that Harbaugh & Franklin may both lose their jobs?!

Though I think Franklin deserves a break, in these terrible circumstances.  I would love to see a Harbaugh extended, but it ain’t happening.  He’s probably leaving on his own.  He has no drive, no excitement, no culture at UX.  It wouldn’t surprise me if the Lions have already put out feelers (or the Bears if they decide to get rid of Nagy - zoo Khaki Pants is close to the McCaskey family)