Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Minneapple

College Football

9 hours ago, twoods said:

This game seems to have been going on since yesterday. They are really milking all the commercials. 

9 hours ago, chessiegal said:

Not to mention pre-game and half-time. 

On the coaches' broadcast Mike Gundy actually talked about this. Saying that in the time the teams got for this halftime he could have installed a whole new game plan.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 3

I couldn't even finish watching the game, with the LOUD noise and the constant band playing, which is why I don't usually watch college football anyway.  

Never thought I’d say this, but congratulations LSU Tigers! You finally shut up Dabo, so this Alabama fan thanks you.

I am honestly very happy for Burrow and Orgeron; they had a great season.

Clemson, this is what happens when you play no one for an entire season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PepSinger said:

Never thought I’d say this, but congratulations LSU Tigers! You finally shut up Dabo, so this Alabama fan thanks you.

I am honestly very happy for Burrow and Orgeron; they had a great season.

Clemson, this is what happens when you play no one for an entire season.

Thank you!  💜💛🐯

Yah we shut Dabo up for a day, but I feel like the consequence of that will be another year of his crying and whining intensified by the loss.  Dude is insufferable.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

I’m a Clemson fan, some of my family are actual diehard Clemson fans and Clemson alum, and some of that group actually went to the game, so that was a tough loss.  I’m here in this thread to represent the losers.  Commence pile on!

I see some Dabo hate afoot, lol.  I’ll just say this.  Dabo really executed an impressive turnaround of that program, I think primarily through being a gifted recruiter.  My faults with him are just not giving Kelly Bryant a championship ring after Kelly got benched in favor of Trevor Lawrence and saying that he would quit coaching if players were paid (which I personally think is not a good look for a multimillionaire coach benefitting off of unpaid labor).  But he probably will go down as one of the college coaching greats overall, and he seems well-respected and liked by his players, and like a fairly decent person.

Game itself was too long for a “school” night.  I fell asleep for quarters 2 and 3.  The championship would be a lot more fun if it were on a Saturday night.

• Like 2

But hey, y’all!  Are we gonna talk about the real highlight of the game?  BIG FAN!  🤣🤣🤣🤣.   I’ll be danged if Eddie George did not make me crack the hell up with that chest pass.  And wow is he still ripped or what?!  Ay yi yi 😍😍😍

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

17 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

I’ll be danged if Eddie George did not make me crack the hell up with that chest pass.  And wow is he still ripped or what?!

I think he might be bigger than his playing days!

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Joe Burrow seems like a genuinely good guy and Ed O is just always Ed O and LSU is basically the SEC's version of Wisconsin so I really can't find anything bad to say about them winning. Good job, TIGAHS.

• Like 3

I’ve been an OBJ apologist for a very long time but he finally put me over the edge.  What a selfish jerk.

• Like 3

Yeah. Goddammit, man. No one would care about him throwing cash around if he just did it when there were no cameras around. And the new video from today where he feels up one of the LSU dancers is just creepy. Everything about him is "LOOK AT MEEEE I WANT ATTENTION."

Somehow Randy Moss, Tyrann Mathieu and other stars managed to be at that game without making everything all about them. But OBJ gotta OBJ. 

• Like 2

On 1/16/2020 at 6:34 AM, mojoween said:

I’ve been an OBJ apologist for a very long time but he finally put me over the edge.  What a selfish jerk.

He had no business being there in the first place.  Let the college players get all of the glory, no need for him to insert himself into it.

5 minutes ago, Minneapple said:

Yeah. Goddammit, man. No one would care about him throwing cash around if he just did it when there were no cameras around. And the new video from today where he feels up one of the LSU dancers is just creepy. Everything about him is "LOOK AT MEEEE I WANT ATTENTION."

There are cameras everywhere, including phone cameras.  He shouldn't have been throwing cash around period.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

He had no business being there in the first place

Schools love it when famous alumni walk the sidelines and happily give them credentials. I just think that LSU didn't anticipate that he would act that much of a fool.

• Useful 2

He was high off his face.  Not a great look, but 🤷🏻‍♀️.   He does crack me up.  And he has paid the fines in the past for when the band played Neck.  Dude does love LSU.  And if you’ve ever been in Louisiana, y’all know this behavior is how we roll.  Pass a good time!  

19 hours ago, xaxat said:

Schools love it when famous alumni walk the sidelines and happily give them credentials. I just think that LSU didn't anticipate that he would act that much of a fool.

That surprises me.  I am trying to think of a time when I thought OBJ didn't act like a fool.  I can't think of one.   I think it is abundantly clear that he craves attention at the expense of others.

• Like 2

On 1/18/2020 at 11:03 AM, icemiser69 said:

That surprises me.  I am trying to think of a time when I thought OBJ didn't act like a fool.  I can't think of one.   I think it is abundantly clear that he craves attention at the expense of others.

How so?  LSU and TAF love him.  We all good here.  And who of the NFL doesn’t crave attentions???

4 hours ago, geauxaway said:

How so?  LSU and TAF love him.  We all good here.  And who of the NFL doesn’t crave attentions???

Plenty of other LSU alumni there managed to not make a desperate grab for attention. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Minneapple said:

Plenty of other LSU alumni there managed to not make a desperate grab for attention. 

You sure about that? We live for the flash!!!    Blah.  It’s all over now.  The parade is over and we’ve all moved on.  It’s carnival !!! #TAF

3 hours ago, xaxat said:

Not sure it was that abrupt in his mind. He managed to stick around long enough to get a four million dollar "longevity" bonus and quit two weeks later.

He had a plan.

That was my initial reaction, too.

My Coach O is throwing out the first pitch at the Box!   That should be a fun time.  I was really hoping he would be rolling with our krewe this weekend, but hey ya!  

If this season played out exactly the same except (and I know this is a big except) Tua played every game for Alabama and never got hurt, would Joe Burrow still be the consensus number one pick?

45 minutes ago, mojoween said:

If this season played out exactly the same except (and I know this is a big except) Tua played every game for Alabama and never got hurt, would Joe Burrow still be the consensus number one pick?

Depends on if Tua maintained his high level of play throughout the season and particularly, if Alabama made it to the championship and he played well there.

In other words, no way to know.  Tua's injury was tragic in so many ways.

45 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Since it's Cincinnati w/the #1 pick, and Joe most likely still would've won the Heisman, I'd say no.  In fact, he wouldn't be #2 either.  Washington needs defense and they'll still pick Chase Young.

But rumors are Miami is looking more at Justin Herberts instead of Tua at #5, and I'd say THAT CHOICE might be more Tua, if he wasn't so prone to injury (reminds me of Marcus Mariota - great talent & upside, but too injurious)