Type keyword(s) to search

College Football

Minneapple
  • Start Topic

Tate Martell is transferring to Miami!  We don't need his negative attitude and bitching.

And I just found out yesterday that TTUN hired an offensive coordinator from Alabama, and Jimmy isn't going to run it anymore.  That's 1/2 the problem.  The other 1/2 is Don Brown's antiquated defense.  

14 hours ago, xaxat said:

I agree with Reggie Bush.

Same here.  You get all dressed up to go to the WH and you get fast food.  Plus, was all that food even warm enough to eat?  That's just sad.  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Popples said:

Jalen Hurts to transfer to Oklahoma.

Lincoln Riley is like catnip to college QBs. 

ETA This is bullshit. Oklahoma is willing to accept and play grad transfers immediately, but is making their QB who wants to transfer, Austin Kendall, sit out a year because he is going to West Virginia, a Big 12 school.

That's just petty AF.

Edited by xaxat
  • Love 3

From what I understand, Kendall is a grad transfer, so ordinarily he'd be allowed to play wherever without Oklahoma putting any restrictions on the transfer. But the Big 12 has a rule that says they can make Kendall sit a year. Oklahoma could waive it but they're being petty. They have a five-star quarterback coming in. They added Jalen. And, they bitched to high heaven when Baker Mayfield had to sit a year after transferring. 

• Love 1

In a world where head coaches can have three jobs in three years (Taggart) and can leave a program after 17 days (Diaz) I'm am so happy the players are realizing that there is a competition for their skills as well.

• Love 1
On 1/16/2019 at 6:41 PM, roamyn said:

And Tate Martell is going to the U of Miami.  Don’t let the door hit union ur way out!

We’re glad to take him! Diaz and Enos wanted either Hurts or Martell, and many of the players knew Martell, including two of his teammates from Bishop Gorman. And it sounds as if there were behind the scene issues that after Fields decided to transfer to OSU from UGA, triggered the transfer. Martell was very gracious to some fans and the local media who were at the airport, and he came across to me as being a mature adult. As to whether he would have to sit out a year, apparently those issues I mentioned plus the likelihood he will finished his undergrad degree by the end of the U’s two summer sessions, may just get a NCAA waiver. 

And give Manny Diaz a lot of credit for turning a lot of things around in just three weeks. 

As to Manny’s decision not to stay beyond his short presence at Temple, both the U’s AD Blake James and Diaz realized very quickly this had to happen then. 10 hours. And the U paid off Diaz’s Temple contract $4 million. And things have been that fast ever since. No one at the U is complaining.

Apparently Enos didn’t tell Saban he was leaving.  Just packed up his office and that was that.  Saban found out at a coaches meeting, and got pissed.  

On one hand, the fact that so many coaches have moved on to successful careers at other schools, lends credence to ur coaching & mentoring techniques, but on the other ALOT have made lateral moves, and that speaks of ur poor leadership.

• Love 1
On 1/8/2019 at 11:31 PM, roamyn said:

Fields is using a racial intimidation plea.  Another sports player used racial slurs at him and was thrown off the team (maybe baseball), and Justin is claiming that because he got this student kicked off his team, that friends of this student on the football team have made the locker room uncomfortable.  So he has a moderately successful case, not as strong as Shea’s, but not as weak as Kelly Bryant’s.   I hope he wins, because Martell is an ass and I’m not all that impressed from the little we’ve seen of him on the field.

The NCAA needs to be more consistent when granting transfer waivers.  The same rules should apply to all schools and not be arbitrary depending on how much clout and money some schools have. 

Luke Ford, also originally at Georgia, transferred to Illinois to be closer to his dying grandfather.  Ford's from Illinois and Illinois is the closest P5 program to his hometown of Carterville, IL.  Carterville is 190 miles from Champaign, and the NCAA denied Illinois their request for a waiver for two reasons.  First, his grandpa wasn't a nuclear family member and Carterville was more than 100 miles away from Champaign.  Illinois is appealing the decision, as well they should.  Georgia was fine with the waiver.  It would be great if the NCAA reversed its decision, but unlikely with how little clout Illinois has compared to OSU. 

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, xaxat said:

Does Lincoln Riley really think he is fooling anyone?

What, you don't think he might go with either the redshirt freshman or the true freshman instead of the guy who, in his own freshman year, broke records and led his team to an SEC championship, and has played in three national championships?

• LOL 1
On 7/16/2019 at 6:35 PM, Bastet said:

What, you don't think he might go with either the redshirt freshman or the true freshman instead of the guy who, in his own freshman year, broke records and led his team to an SEC championship, and has played in three national championships?

Thank you. He’s being utterly ridiculous. Hurts wouldn’t have left Alabama without knowing that he’s the starting QB at Oklahoma.

I guess Dabo Swinney and I are both assholes since I am not aghast that Kelly Bryant didn’t get a ring.  I hope Dabo doesn’t cave.

I mean, I get why Bryant left.  But he did leave.  He played four games at Clemson and then 11 with Mizzou.  He wasn’t on the team when the championship game was played, so why would he get a ring?  It’s not like he was injured but still enrolled.

I’m definitely not trying to be heartless to this kid who got squeezed out, but I must be missing something because I don’t know why he would get a ring.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, mojoween said:

I’m definitely not trying to be heartless to this kid who got squeezed out, but I must be missing something because I don’t know why he would get a ring.

He doesn't necessarily deserve one, but it would cost (almost) nothing to give him one. He was part of the NC season.

• Love 1

Tate Martell, The entitled former tOSU QB who warned Justin Fields not to transfer to tOSU, then transferred to my MIA when the latter did, DID NOT get the starting QB job.  HA!

Now his pouty diva self hasn’t been showing up to practice and is threatening to re-enter the transfer portal.

• LOL 3
42 minutes ago, Minneapple said:

Tathan (yes, that is actually his name) has not yet threatened to transfer again.

According to Sports Illustrated, they said “he’s looking into his transfer options”, because most likely he would have to sit a year if he did it again.

Why else would he be missing practices?

Edited by roamyn
1 hour ago, Popples said:

This is just total bullshit. If a place isn't in the vicinity of a stadium, it shouldn't host College GameDay, but Disney is gonna Disney.

Does that mean Washington State's streak is over?

Agreed it is bullshit. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Popples said:

I still prefer GameDay to be at a site where a game is playing, but Times Square allowed signs and didn't charge $100 just to be there.

Your original complaint is that it won't be in the vicinity of a stadium.

They've had Gameday on an aircraft carrier where no one except servicemen and women were allowed to attend. They've had it in studio where no one attended.

College Gameday is not some sacred cow. It is merely a TV show. Its bottom line is making money. In this case it is about corporate synergy and promoting Disney's new Star Wars theme park. Because, you know, money.

I do think the Ol' Crimson tradition is cool, because it is a pure labor of love. It's a tradition that showcases the best of college football, and it would be nice to see the flag at Gameday because of all the people who do it for no reason other than passion for their school.

On 8/14/2019 at 12:53 PM, Silver Raven said:

THE Ohio State University wants to trademark the word "The".

Not in general, just when part of "The Ohio State".  A level of obnoxiousness on top of its existing pretension that will surprise absolutely no one.  I love this first line from the linked article:

Not content with having Urban Meyer teach a class on leadership and character, Ohio State is upping its game on stupid ideas.

Any time I might wonder about my degree of distaste for a football program in a division I don't care about, I can look back on this as a concrete example.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Bastet said:

Not content with having Urban Meyer teach a class on leadership and character, Ohio State is upping its game on stupid ideas.

Any time I might wonder about my degree of distaste for a football program in a division I don't care about, I can look back on this as a concrete example.

The amazing thing about that quote is the reaction of people I can only assume are Ohio State fans in the comments section of that article who attacked the author of the article for taking such a low blow at Urban Meyer.  They seem blithely unaware of how accurate a slam it was.  Or they possibly just don't care because: football trumps all crimes throughout history and until the end of time.  Unless it involves the Wolverines.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, mojoween said:

Florida is rushing THREE PEOPLE.  Miami’s o-line is a sieve.

That game had eveything.  Muffed plays, miscues, penalties - esp defensive interference by FL at the end, turnovers, nice drives and luck.

Play was so poor by both teams at times, that I can’t see either being competitive with the big names.

it was nice to hear Bernie’s name mentioned, too.

Edited by roamyn
  • Love 2

Good start for Jonathan Taylor and Wisconsin.  JT had 16 carries for 135 yards and 2 TDs, 2 receptions for 48 yards, both of which went for TDs,  and didn't play much of the second half because the Badgers had a big lead.  Plus Patrick Mahomes tweeted a Heisman endorsement.  

• Love 1