Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: TRMS 2022 Season

• Start Topic

Ali says the same team will be putting the show together Tues through Fri as always did Rachel's shows. I'm not sure if they are rotating who sits in the chair, or what. Ali said that he'll be there all of this week.

• Love 2

If they are going to have rotating hosts, they need to be there for all 4 days, and they need to announce in advance who will be hosting. I love Velshi and will make sure to watch if he is hosting. I hate having to tune in every night in order to see who is on.

Anyone who watches John Oliver knows you can do an in-depth show on a weekly basis - so I know Rachel can still do her thing one night a week. I think the network is making a big mistake not having a permanent host for the other four nights.

• Love 2
On 5/2/2022 at 2:28 AM, FoundTime said:

Well, the DVR gods have helped me decide what to do going forward. Since my series recording was set for TRMS and for all practical purposes that doesn't exist anymore (except for whatever the Monday show is going to be), it's officially the end of an era 😔 I'm going to try Chris Hayes this week and see how that goes. I can only take Lawrence and Stephanie Ruehle in doses of about a few minutes at a time, so that's not going to be very comprehensive if I want a day's worth of news!

I will miss this thread and all of you smart and engaged posters. Expect I'll see many of you around elsewhere  on the site.

All I wanted to say was SAME. I couldn’t figure out what happened at first. Oh well. Will miss Rachel for sure. Little less tv for me isn’t so bad I guess. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, LaylaGirl said:

If they are going to have rotating hosts, they need to be there for all 4 days, and they need to announce in advance who will be hosting. I love Velshi and will make sure to watch if he is hosting. I hate having to tune in every night in order to see who is on.

Anyone who watches John Oliver knows you can do an in-depth show on a weekly basis - so I know Rachel can still do her thing one night a week. I think the network is making a big mistake not having a permanent host for the other four nights.

Does Ali Velshi ever sleep??? He has his own show on Saturday and Sunday mornings, and he is hosting this nightly show this week. Of course, he recently came back from his intense, boots-on-the-ground assignment in Ukraine and Poland. He's just as much of a machine as Steve Kornacki!!!

I know the plan is to rotate hosts in and out for now, but I wonder if this is the slot MSNBC will eventually place their rumored new hire Jen Psaki. I don't think they'd stick such a huge get on the weekends, but who knows?

• Love 7
(edited)

The only person I would tune into every night in place of Rachel is Nicole Wallace, but I doubt she'd want to give up her 2 hours from 4-6 EST for Rachel's 9PM slot 4 days a week.

I like Ali Velshi, but I see him as more of a reporter than a political analyst/commentator like Rachel is. 

I think Ari Melber is quite good, but haven't watched him enough to know if he could (partially) fill Rachel's shoes.

Edited by absolutelyido
13 hours ago, absolutelyido said:

The only person I would tune into every night in place of Rachel is Nicole Wallace, but I doubt she'd want to give up her 2 hours from 4-6 EST for Rachel's 9PM slot 4 days a week.

I like Ali Velshi, but I see him as more of a reporter than a political analyst/commentator like Rachel is. 

I think Ari Melber is quite good, but haven't watched him enough to know if he could (partially) fill Rachel's shoes.

Ari has his own show 5pm CST (that's 4pm EST) I don't see him giving that up.

8 minutes ago, taanja said:

Ari has his own show 5pm CST (that's 4pm EST) I don't see him giving that up.

Actually, he's on at 6 PM EST, right after Nicolle. I don't think I could take his incessant rap/hip hop references at 9. OY.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Prairie Rose said:

Actually, he's on at 6 PM EST, right after Nicolle. I don't think I could take his incessant rap/hip hop references at 9. OY.

Sorry.

I'm in CST -- I watch him when I get home from work. The show starts at 5pm and ends at 6pm when Joy Reid starts.

• Useful 1

Fascinating to see the Republican juggernaut just keep rolling along.
Fascinating...and frightening.

The Rs play the long game.  They planned their approach, including conservative judges at every available level, abortion/Roe stance before it even approached the Supremes, climate change denial from back in the 70s, etc. 
And they all say the same thing, the same way, repeatedly.
And the Dems?  The Big Tent approach , which encourages every Rep & Senator to say what they want, extensively.  And the result?  The Dems cannot agree on anything.
SIGH!

• Love 4

Thank goodness you all are here to explain things.

I jumped up and down to welcome Rachel back (HURRAH!), was thrilled to hear her hiatus had left her rested and ready to buckle down . . . and then, nothing.  WTF is MSNBC Primetime?

All this time I have assumed Rachel was home with covid.

Well, at least I like Chris Hayes.  Catch him sometime on a talk show--he's hilarious and completely irreverent.  The man must be biting back the snark on a nightly basis.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 5/12/2022 at 8:21 PM, candall said:

Well, at least I like Chris Hayes.  Catch him sometime on a talk show--he's hilarious and completely irreverent.  The man must be biting back the snark on a nightly basis.

It's always a treat when he is a guest of Seth Meyers. It's awesome!

Edited by Prairie Rose
  • Love 4

Rachel has an interesting show tonight, she interviewed the new Ambassador to Ukraine, and I always enjoy hearing Michael Bechloss views.  Rachel will be Hosting Thursday night's coverage of the Jan.6 Hearings(along with Lawrence, Joy Reid, Nicolle Wallace & Chris Hayes)

• Love 6
4 hours ago, M. Darcy said:

If you didn't watch last night, she's going to be back on tonight (I'm guessing her regular normal "Monday" show) and then back Wednesday to cover that day's hearings.  

Wednesday's hearing has been postponed, so she might have a show since Thursday's hearing is supposed to go on.

If you missed last night:  Tuesday night panel recapping today's hearing; Wednesday  Rachel Maddow Show.

I think there's another hearing on Thursday so there should be another panel show then. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
20 hours ago, M. Darcy said:

If you missed last night:  Tuesday night panel recapping today's hearing; Wednesday  Rachel Maddow Show.

I think there's another hearing on Thursday so there should be another panel show then. 

Yes, there is another hearing tomorrow (Thursday) so Rachel and the gang will be back for another panel show.

18 hours ago, corn2022 said:

Today is the day: The one year anniversary of Rachel's wig admission. How will she mark it tonight?

Can you explain what the wig admission was?  I looked at Rachel 2021 posts and saw nothing there...???

37 minutes ago, roughing it said:

Can you explain what the wig admission was?  I looked at Rachel 2021 posts and saw nothing there...???

The link above is to an interview where she points to her hair and says "wig" when told she looks the same as her first show. I'm not sure anyone remarked on it at the time.

• Thanks 2
4 hours ago, tessaray said:

The link above is to an interview where she points to her hair and says "wig" when told she looks the same as her first show. I'm not sure anyone remarked on it at the time.

A couple of people mentioned it.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, M. Darcy said:

Rachel is on tonight at 9 pm. 

Yup, I was coming here to post that. I will not be watching tonight; I am too upset. I probably won't be watching much of MSNBC live for the next few days... probably not until the 1/6 hearings start up again. Still, I have no doubt that Rachel will have a completely raw and unfiltered show tonight.

• Hugs 4
  • Sad 2
1 hour ago, M. Darcy said:

Rachel is on tonight at 9 pm. 

Thanks for posting this. My DVR settings would have caught it but now I know to just watch it live. I'd already planned to take today off for other reasons and have ended up just watching coverage. I need an hour of Rachel's show tonight.

• Hugs 1
2 minutes ago, nichelle said:

Thanks for posting this. My DVR settings would have caught it but now I know to just watch it live. I'd already planned to take today off for other reasons and have ended up just watching coverage. I need an hour of Rachel's show tonight.

My DVR actually has two hours of Chris Hayes listed.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Prairie Rose said:

My DVR actually has two hours of Chris Hayes listed.

Weird! Mine has it correct. But I'll be sitting in front of the TV with a stiff drink and some unhealthy food tonight.

• Thanks 3
  • Love 2

I'm seeing headlines that say Alex Wagner will be getting Rachel's old T-F time slot.

I like Alex and hope she does well but I still think this Monday thing is too awkward to work long-term. But I'm often wrong, so who knows?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, nichelle said:

I was happy with today's announcement regarding Alex Wagner. I'm looking forward to seeing her at the desk!

I wish they had given it to her 'The Circus' partner, John Heilemann.

Mostly I wish the events of the past few weeks would have inspired Rachel to change her mind about only showing up once a week.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, meowmommy said:

I wish they had given it to her 'The Circus' partner, John Heilemann.

Mostly I wish the events of the past few weeks would have inspired Rachel to change her mind about only showing up once a week.

I suspect they were looking to put in a "new face".  She does strike a similar tone as Rachel -- or she tries to.  Can't say I'm interested in watching her much or at all.  I predict her ratings will tank, but they're stuck with her for the time being. 

Jen Psaki might be an interesting choice for a replacement when she fails.  Loved her press conferences, particularly when she'd swat away stupid questions from Fox dopes.

• Love 4

I noticed when Rach introduced the Hearing analysis "in Prime Time" (her words) she said they've made a commitment to cover each & every Hearing fully.  And did anyone else notice Rachel seemed in full control of the 2-hour analysis?

Idk, I can't shake the feeling Rachel loves doing what she does so much, she'll eventually want to do more than appear once a week.  Maybe this Hearing analysis is an indication of that?  Well, we can hope anyway . . .

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

And, as Ben Franklin put it so well, for "proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Rachel's regular working day today coincides with the day of an FBI raid on a Certain Florida Mansion. 

Fascinating to watch, and I may come back in a few hours and watch it again. When she has to modify any previous plans for her program and cover something major that just dropped, she's absolutely unbeatable.  And she still can fit her originally-planned subject in.

A truly perfect end to the evening would be a Lawrence O'Donnell interview with Mary T*r*u*m*p. 

• Love 4

I think they should give her a different time slot. Maybe a weekend show. She doesn't want to have to recap the day's events. She wants to do her in depth examinations with historical perspective, and honestly that's what she does that no one else does as well. But when they have her on Mondays, her plans get bumped for the day's headlines too often.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1