Type keyword(s) to search

Spray & Wash: Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

From TVLine's Inside Line:

It looks like filming for Season 2 of The Cleaning Lady is underway. Any scoop on what’s ahead for Thony and Arman? –Beth

I got your Q in front of exec producers Melissa Carter and Miranda Kwok, and they happily wrote back, “This season, fans can expect more of that complicated chemistry and sexual tension between Arman and Thony while they are pushed further into criminal activities together. But as they attempt to rebuild their lives, Arman’s wife Nadia becomes a crucial part of their business. Whereas Thony needed Arman’s help last season to save her son, now Arman needs Thony’s help to save his soul.”

(edited)

'Matt's Inside Line': (spoilers for other shows at the link)

“Marco’s decision to take Luca will have unexpected consequences that will effect each of our characters in deeply profound ways,” exec producers Melissa Carter and Miranda Kwok tell Inside Line. “And while our family will pull together to face the new challenges ahead, they will never be the same again.”

Kinda general, and doesn't spoil anything specific.

--

On one hand, I don't really want Thony's main arc to be getting back Luca (and taking her away from the other main characters); but on the other hand, it wouldn't make sense for her to just forget about her son who drove the main plots last season. I'm just not sure what the best solution would be. I do want Luca back with Thony, but I also don't think they can just ignore Marco's parental rights. I suppose they could take Marco out of the picture permanently; but will the writers want to do something that drastic? I'm interested in seeing what they do.

Edited by Trini
oy, grammar

https://deadline.com/2022/08/the-cleaning-lady-eva-de-dominici-promoted-series-regular-season-2-fox-series-1235093767/

De Dominici’s Nadia is Arman’s (Adan Canto) wife, who manages the exclusive cigar club La Habana with her husband. After watching her marriage steadily threatened by Arman’s involvement with Thony (Élodie Yung), this season the tables get turned. When Arman becomes embroiled in a dangerous situation, Nadia reaches out to a former lover for help, and he quickly becomes intent on winning Nadia back by any means necessary. Caught between two powerful men, each with their own agenda, Nadia’s loyalties are soon put to the test, especially as Arman starts to let Thony back into his world and his heart.

---

It sounds interesting; but I don't know about them adding a fifth person to what was already a 'love square'.

https://deadline.com/2022/08/the-cleaning-lady-chelsea-frei-season-2-recurring-1235097470/

Frei portrays Maya Campbell. When Maya took up a job as a bartender in Vegas to pay off her student loans, she had no idea her entire life would be turned around when FBI Special Agent Garrett Miller (Hudson) used his charms to turn her into a confidential informant. Maya became integral to a major FBI drug case, but when a fiery affair ended their relationship — and Garrett’s marriage — he was forced to sever all ties and walk away from the case in order to save his career. Now in Season 2, Maya comes back into the picture and Garrett becomes determined to make things right and get her out. Question is — does Maya want to be saved from the crime world she’s now deeply enmeshed in? Her character will be introduced in the second episode of Season 2.

----

I already could care less about Garrett, and now he getting another side character for another side plot? --Ugh.

• Like 1

More casting for Season 2: 'Actors Princess Punzalan, Alberto Isaac to appear in season 2 of FOX’s ‘The Cleaning Lady’ '

Alberto Isaac plays Jacinto de la Rosa, aka ‘Lolo,’ who is Fiona and Marco’s loving yet overbearing and often critical father, which all comes from a protective instinct to care for his family the only way he knows how.

Princess Punzalan plays Alma de la Rosa aka ‘Lola.’ While appearing quiet and reserved next to her domineering husband, Lola has a deep strength, compassion and wisdom, and often brings the voice of reason when it matters most.

---

Now Marco's parents are in the mix; looks like they're turning up the DRAMA for Season 2!

On 8/25/2022 at 6:29 PM, Trini said:

More casting for Season 2: 'Actors Princess Punzalan, Alberto Isaac to appear in season 2 of FOX’s ‘The Cleaning Lady’ '

---

Now Marco's parents are in the mix; looks like they're turning up the DRAMA for Season 2!

That they are introduced to use as grandparents , lolo and lola, and not dad and mom as they would be to Thony and Marco suggest that they might already be with Luca. Perhaps already in America to stop their son from taking Luca back to the Philippines.

• Useful 1

The Cleaning Lady: Naveen Andrews Joins Season 2

Lost alum Naveen Andrews has joined the Fox drama in a series-regular capacity for Season 2, TVLine has learned. He’ll appear in the new episodes as Robert Kamdar, the “gregarious and charming” ex-lover of Arman’s wife, Nadia.

According to his character description, Robert is intent on driving a wedge between Arman and Nadia, leaving Arman to fight to keep his world and dignity intact while rebuilding his life under the worst of circumstances. Andrews’ casting comes less than two weeks after Eva De Dominici, who plays Nadia, was upped to series regular for Season 2.

Edited by milkyaqua
  • Useful 1
49 minutes ago, milkyaqua said:

Nice casting! I'm a little surprised he's a season regular, though. I'm guessing that means that Arman/Nadia/Robert will be the main love triangle for the season? Of course Thony will still be in the mix, but maybe not as much as I thought.

----

Season 2 synopsis from Fox's press release:

Season Two of THE CLEANING LADY picks up with THONY (Élodie Yung) desperately trying to find her son, LUCA (Sebastien & Valentino LeSalle), after he was kidnapped by his father, MARCO (Ivan Shaw). With nowhere else to turn, she enlists the help of FBI Agent GARRETT MILLER (Oliver Hudson) to track him down before they leave the country.

Meanwhile, an incident involving CHRIS (Sean Lew) forces FIONA (Martha Millan) to shield her son by any means necessary, furthering the theme of how far a mother will go to protect her child.

This season of THE CLEANING LADY continues to examine the plight of undocumented immigrants and their difficulties accessing necessary healthcare and resources. Galvanized by the many roadblocks she faced while searching for a treatment to save her son, Thony will utilize her expertise as a doctor to find ways to help her underserved community. However, as Thony continues to entwine her business undertakings with Arman, she once again crosses the moral line into the dark underbelly of Las Vegas.

The series also stars Faith Bryant as JAZ. Guest stars this season include Chelsea Frei ("The Moodys") and Liza Weil ("How To Get Away With Murder").

A little Season 2 info from this interview: https://collider.com/the-cleaning-lady-showrunner-melissa-carter-interview/

CARTER: Season 1 was Thony doing anything to save her son. Season 2 will be Thony doing anything to save her family and keep her family together. That’s her real draw and her core drive of Season 2. We want to present that in a surprising way that isn’t expected. Even though she’s doing criminal things and we wanna start grading her darker, she also has a moral center. Her moral compass is strong. If she’s gonna do bad, she likes to offset it with having Robin Hood moments and doing something good. Her instincts are always to take a dark situation and try to improve it, or leave something good behind.

What can you say about how [Marco taking Luca, and Thony going darker] is going to play into things with Season 2? Is that going to run through the entire season? How big of a role will this battle between the family be?

CARTER: I can’t give away anything, but it won’t just be something that happens quickly. It is something that complicates all of their lives in surprising and shocking ways because we don’t wanna do the expected. We don’t wanna do the expected custody battle, which is what I think an audience would think is gonna happen. We always try to take what we think people assume will happen and subvert it to surprise people and turn it on its head, so that’s what we’re gonna do for Season 2.

... we’re pretty sure we’re getting 12 episodes. ...

... You want formidable villains for Thony and new nemeses that she has to face off with. We do have a new character that will be introduced, that will be someone that’s been in Arman’s past and Nadia’s past, but will be introduced to Thony in a fresh, new way. There are new people swirling and coming in and out of our world, so Thony will make new enemies and new allies, and come up against new foes. There are some new characters coming your way.

2.02 synopsis:

THONY'S IN-LAWS FLY IN FROM THE PHILIPPINES IN AN ALL-NEW EPISODE OF "THE CLEANING LADY" MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 26, ON FOX

Naveen Andrews Joins as a Series Regular

Thony's in-laws (Fiona's loving-yet-overbearing father and reserved-yet-strong mother) come to Las Vegas. Meanwhile, Thony must help Arman by meeting with Robert Kamdar (Naveen Andrews), Nadia's gregarious and charming ex-lover, in the all-new "Lolo and Lola" episode of THE CLEANING LADY airing Monday, Sept. 26 (9:02-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (CLD-202) (TV-D, L, S, V)

Cast: Élodie Yung as Thony; Adan Canto as Arman; Martha Millan as Fiona; Oliver Hudson as Garrett; Sebastien and Valentino LaSalle as Luca; Faith Bryant as Jaz; Sean Lew as Chris; Eva De Dominci as Nadia, Naveen Andrews as Robert

Guest Cast: Navid Negahban as Hayak Barsamian; Mac Brandt as Jon Price; Albert Isaac as Lolo; Princess Punzalan as Lola; Diane Villegas as Detective Lana Flores; Chelsea Frei as Maya; Rey Gallegos as Diego; J.T. Melaragno as Prison Guard; Craig Fones as Croupier; Chris Cortez as Joseph; Christopher Kelly as Stephens; Carl Savering as Judge Tuckerson; Denielle Fisher Johnson as Prison Director; Filip Sertic as Maitre D'; Jermaine Washington as Prisoner; Janelle Baptiste as Samentha; Liza Weil as Asac Russo

2.03 synopsis:

THONY AND NADIA JOIN FORCES ON AN ALL-NEW EPISODE OF "THE CLEANING LADY," MONDAY, OCTOBER 3, ON FOX

Thony must team up with Arman and Nadia in a new money-making venture to save Luca's life. Meanwhile, Fiona works to keep Chris out of trouble when the threat of evidence arises in the all-new "El Diablo Que Conoces" episode of THE CLEANING LADY airing Monday, Oct. 3 (9:02-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (CLD-203) (TV-14 D, L, S, V)

Cast: Élodie Yung as Thony; Adan Canto as Arman; Martha Millan as Fiona; Oliver Hudson as Garrett; Sebastien and Valentino LaSalle as Luca; Faith Bryant as Jaz; Sean Lew as Chris; Eva De Dominci as Nadia, Naveen Andrews as Robert

Guest Cast: Mac Brandt as Jon Price; Chelsea Frei as Maya; Shiva Negar as Isabel Barsamian; K.C. Collins as FBI Agent Tyler Jefferson; Jordyn Aurora Aquino as Nina; Taylor Skeens as Punk Girl; Paul Blott as Frank Elway; Richard Greywolf as Rowdy Guest; Joshua Bowen as Elway's Son; Jenelle Baptiste as Samentha; Joseph Garcia as Alonzo Ortega; Rocko Reyes as Bosco; Clint Obenchain as Vinny; Andrea Kepple as Maid #2; Gabriela Alicia Ortega as Roxy

ETA: BTW, the title in English is "The Devil You Know".

Edited by Trini

2.04 synopsis:

FIONA SEES A NEW SIDE OF THONY IN AN ALL-NEW EPISODE OF "THE CLEANING LADY," MONDAY, OCTOBER 10, ON FOX

After Fiona puts herself in a dangerous situation, Thony resorts to calling Arman for help, which continues to drive a wedge between Arman and Nadia. Meanwhile, Garrett works to get put back on the Cortez case, and Chris struggles with the emotional aftermath of recent events in the all-new "Bahala Na" episode of THE CLEANING LADY airing Monday, Oct. 10 (9:02-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (CLD-204) (TV-14 D, L, S, V)

Guest Cast: Mac Brandt as Jon Price; Chelsea Frei as Maya; K.C. Collins as FBI Agent Tyler Jefferson; Jordyn Aurora Aquino as Nina; Rory Keane as James; Landon Gunderson as Student.

---

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bahala_na

I missed this bit of casting info; the character was introduced tonight, but here's his description:

K.C. Collins (Lost Girl) has been tapped for a key recurring role opposite Oliver Hudson on the upcoming second season of Fox’s The Cleaning Lady.

<...>

Collins will play Special Agent Tyler Jefferson, a high-flier at the FBI who has quickly risen up the ranks at the bureau through his hard work, tenacity and sheer brilliance. Now leading the task force on a high-profile drug case, Tyler finds himself hounded by Special Agent Garrett Miller (Hudson), who is determined to get back on the case. What starts as a great rivalry between Tyler and Garrett turns into a true partnership as they strive towards the same goal — to take down one of the biggest drug kingpins in Vegas.

https://deadline.com/2022/09/the-cleaning-lady-k-c-collins-season-2-fox-series-recurring-1235127761/

2.05 synopsis:

THONY AND FIONA OPEN A NEW BUSINESS ON AN ALL-NEW THE CLEANING LADY MONDAY, OCTOBER 17, ON FOX

Arman and Nadia attempt to take control of their drug-selling venture when they realize Thony's ethical methods aren't making them enough money. Meanwhile, Fiona takes the lead on starting her and Thony's new cleaning business and Garrett is one step closer to solving the Cortés case in the all-new "The Brit" episode of The Cleaning Lady airing Monday, Oct. 17 (9:02-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (CLD-205) (TV-14 D, L, S, V)

<...>

Guest Cast: Ryan Sands as JD Harris; K.C. Collins as FBI Agent Tyler Jefferson; Susan Anton as Ginger Cline; Tom O'Connell as Stuart Ziegler; Nick E. Tarabay as Julian Cortés; Jenelle Baptiste as Samentha; Chris Cortez as Joseph; Rocko Reyes as Bosco; Clint Obenchain as Vinny; Gabriela Alicia Ortega as Roxy; Marcus Montoya as Delilah.

--

Nick Tarabay? This guy gets around!

2.06 synopsis:

AN UNEXPECTED TRIO TEAMS UP ON AN ALL-NEW THE CLEANING LADY, MONDAY, OCTOBER 24, ON FOX

An unexpected trio emerges in the mission to take down Cortés, as Arman and Nadia's relationship hits a breaking point. Meanwhile, Fiona attempts to keep her family safe as Chris continues to grieve in the all-new "Oasis" episode of The Cleaning Lady airing Monday, Oct. 24 (9:02-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (CLD-206) (TV-14 D, L, S, V)

Guest Cast: Chelsea Frei as Maya; K.C. Collins as FBI Agent Tyler Jefferson; Nick E. Tarabay as Julian Cortés; Ryan Sands as JD Harris; Liza Weil as ASAC Katherine Russo; Diane Villegas as Detective Lana Flores.

---

The photos for this episode are also out, and it looks like there's an Arman & Thony team-up/mission -- which probably explains "Arman and Nadia's relationship hits a breaking point".

2.07 synopsis:

DETECTIVE FLORES NAMES A SUSPECT IN MARCO'S DEATH ON AN ALL-NEW THE CLEANING LADY MONDAY, NOVEMBER 7, ON FOX

Detective Flores digs deeper into the cause of Marco's death. Meanwhile, Thony, Arman and Garrett team up to bring down Kamdar in the all-new "Truth or Consequences" episode of The Cleaning Lady airing Monday, Nov. 7 (9:02-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (CLD-207) (TV-14 D, L, V)

2.08 synopsis:

FIONA AND JD HAVE SOME BONDING TIME ON AN ALL-NEW THE CLEANING LADY MONDAY, NOVEMBER 14, ON FOX

JD temporarily takes in Fiona and the kids during a time of need. Meanwhile, Garrett changes strategies in his attempt to stop Kamdar in the all-new "Spousal Privilege" episode of The Cleaning Lady airing Monday, Nov. 14 (9:02-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (CLD-208) (TV-14 D, L, S, V)

---

I'm sure they're in the A-plot, but it's interesting that this doesn't mention Thony or Arman.

2.09 synopsis:

LUCA IS IN NEED OF A NEW MEDICATION ON AN ALL-NEW EPISODE OF THE CLEANING LADY MONDAY, NOVEMBER 28, ON FOX

As Luca grows sicker, Thony will do anything to get him a new medication, including asking Kamdar for help. Meanwhile, Arman confronts Nadia about her secret in the all-new "The Ask" episode of The Cleaning Lady airing Monday, Nov. 28 (9:02-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (CLD-209) (TV-14, L, S, V)

And in the promo, Thony goes to the Phillipines?? And back, I assume?

2.10 synopsis:

ARMAN AND NADIA'S SCHEME PUTS THEM AT ODDS WITH THONY IN AN ALL NEW EPISODE OF THE CLEANING LADY MONDAY, DECEMBER 5, ON FOX

As Arman and Nadia plan their most dangerous scheme yet, Thony questions her alliances, especially with Luca's health deteriorating. Meanwhile, Garrett zeroes in on a suspect in Maya's death in the all-new "Trust" episode of The Cleaning Lady airing Monday, Dec. 5 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (CLD-210) (TV-14, L, S, V)

The last two episodes of the season will air back-to-back; 2.11 & 2.12 synopses:

THONY RISKS IT ALL TO SAVE LUCA AND FIONA ON AN ALL-NEW TWO-HOUR SEASON FINALE EPISODE OF THE CLEANING LADY MONDAY, DECEMBER 12, ON FOX

Thony is confronted by Garrett regarding the truth behind Maya's death as Nadia tries to stay on Kamdar's good side. Meanwhile, Fiona helps Luca celebrate his birthday.

Then, after Thony, Arman and Garrett work together to come up with a plan to take down Kamdar once and for all, Thony decides to take things into her own hands to ensure the safety of Fiona and Luca, in the all-new two-hour "Sanctuary / At Long Last" Season Two finale episode of The Cleaning Lady airing Monday, Dec. 12 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (CLD-211/212) (TV-14, L, S, V)

• Useful 1

An issue I have is that I just don't know where this season is headed -- and I don't mean that I need to know everything beforehand, but by now I feel we (the audience) should have a fairly clear idea of the story/character arcs; and I don't. (Maybe just me?)

Obviously, by the end someone will take down (probably kill) Kamdar, and maybe Fiona will get back with her ex; but other than that, things seem up in the air - in a bad way. The showrunners have talked about the show like a "female 'Breaking Bad'", but that's not really the show I signed up for. Thony getting into worse situations where she has to do worse things to get out of them is tiring.

Also they seem wishy-washy with the main love triangle. They've had Thony and Arman working together more, but I don't think they've actually progressed as a romantic couple. Nadia is upset with Arman about Thony, yet they still have a common enemy - Kamdar. Arman seems committed to both women. If the show wants us to root for a certain pairing, I don't think they are being clear.

And there's been zero progress on the immigration issues that were a big part of the first season. I think they should resolve at least some of that soon, if not everything.

• Love 1

From TVLine:

Season 2 has already delivered the deaths of Marco, Hayak and Maya — and it sounds like the body count could go up during the two-episode sophomore finale (airing Dec. 12). “It’s going to surprise a lot of people,” co-showrunner Melissa Carter says of the season ender. “In this world, no one is safe. Nothing is safe. No relationships are safe.”

• Useful 1
7 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

My guess is Kamdar goes down.  And probably Nadia.

"No one, nothing, no relationship" implies someone we like.  My vote would go to JD as the only likable character as I can't see them taking one of the kids this soon. And Fiona is needed for the Filipino content that the show runner wants to show.

3 minutes ago, Raja said:

"No one, nothing, no relationship" implies someone we like.  My vote would go to JD as the only likable character as I can't see them taking one of the kids this soon. And Fiona is needed for the Filipino content that the show runner wants to show.

But a show runner is going to think everyone on her show is "liked" in some way by the audience, even if it's a love-to-hate situation.  Besides, I like Nadia. 

It could also be Garrett now that he has identified the gun that killed Maya as Arman's. 

Kamdar is definitely going to die somehow.

I would hate it, but both Nadia of JD seem likely candidates for death: JD is not a regular so he's an "easy" target. And if the showrunners are aiming for a Thony/Arman endgame, they might want to eliminate the Nadia corner of the love triangle.

I wish it was Garrett; but they probably need him for their law enforcement/white guy quotas.

Or maybe it won't even be death; maybe one of the family actually does get deported or incarcerated.

With "no relationships safe", outside the love triangle the only other main relationship is Thony and Fiona; so I can see them having Fiona 'betray' Thony (for her kids, probably).

I have thought for a while that JD and Fiona would marry and he'd adopt Chris.  And then he would assert his influence over Fiona to make her break with Thony - that relationship would be destroyed - at least temporarily.  And given Thony-JD have now rekindled their relationship (with zero chemistry lol) I feel like my prediction might come true.

I think Kamdar is toast - I hope Nadia lives but I fear she's also toast... and I think that will put a serious wedge between Arman and Thony too.

I'd rather Nadia lived so she could still run the restaurant lounge (what's the name) but I have felt she was in danger for a while.

• Love 1
(edited)

No word on Season 3 yet, but I'm posting some quotes from the showrunners that tease what they might do next season.

(Reading these interviews, it seems the showrunners and I have different ideas about what the show is and should be; so what I'm wanting I might not get. 😕 )

----

https://tvline.com/lists/the-cleaning-lady-recap-season-2-finale-miller-dies-death-explained/thony-arman-nadia-love-triangle/

... Nadia has turned the tables on Arman. The fact that she was still legally married to Robert Kamdar and now holds the title to La Habana, the sportsbook and all the wealth and power changes their dynamic. If Arman is going to stay with Nadia, he is going to have to earn back her trust. She will now enjoy this power, and you can see it on her face in the finale when she points out that La Habana is hers, not theirs. And after Arman’s emotional infidelity with Thony, I think the audience will enjoy Nadia holding that over on Arman. ...

Thony and Arman will now work together to get Fiona back in the States, and it won’t be easy. They had a lot more conflict this season, and they both have things to be angry about with the other. But that sexual chemistry and romantic attraction they have for each other is very much there, so there is a lot to explore in Season 3.

... Which is why we loved being able to change the power dynamic between Arman and Nadia. It’s not that Arman doesn’t love her. He does. But Thony keeps getting in the way of their relationship and it can never be the same. And now that Nadia holds all the money and has become completely empowered over the last season, their relationship will change. I think their trust could be mended, if Thony stopped getting in between them. But we know that’s not going to happen.

... And I do think that Thony and Arman will find ways to come back together again and trust each other again. <...> How they will come back together again after everything they survived this season will only make them stronger now.

Edited by Trini
  • Useful 1

https://ew.com/tv/the-cleaning-lady-bosses-season-2-finale-thony/

... Battling with her own moral center is going to be a continuous challenge for her [Thony]. 

... He [JD] made her choose either Thony or their daughter, so that gave us great central conflict to our characters at the end that will still need to be dealt with in season 3.

...  Now she [Thony] doesn't have somebody who can easily get Fiona back or someone in law enforcement who is on her side anymore. Next season she's going to have to find different resources to help her. 

... We don't know where it's going now that the power has turned, so that's exciting to explore between Nadia, Armand, and Thony. 

• Useful 1

https://deadline.com/2022/12/the-cleaning-lady-fox-melissa-carter-miranda-kwok-season-2-finale-1235197215/

... We want to just show how unsafe the world of crime is and that anyone’s life is in danger at any point in time. So that was kind of the big, the big reason, and wanting a cliffhanger at the end of the season. But the other the other part of the motivation is that, with Fiona getting deported, Thony no longer has that law on her side. She no longer had that ability to get Fiona back, so that ultimately is going to push her deeper into crime.

... At the same time, with Fiona deported, she has to now make even more risky decisions and more potentially detrimental mistakes trying to get her back. It’s going to be this push-pull, but even more intense, even more elevated, and even more complicated.

... I think we’re going to continue to have a really interesting love triangle, and actually now the stakes are higher for everyone....

• Useful 1

They are casting Arman's parents:

TVLine has learned exclusively that Season 3 of the Fox drama will introduce Arman’s (Adan Canto) mother and father, who have been mentioned but never seen on the series.

Casting is currently underway for the roles of Teresa and Eduardo Morales, who will recur in the upcoming episodes. Fox did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

https://tvline.com/casting-news/the-cleaning-lady-season-3-spoilers-arman-parents-recurring-1235081103/

• Useful 2
6 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Kate del Castillo, Santiago Cabrera Join Fox’s ‘The Cleaning Lady’ Season 3 Cast

Kate-del-Castillo-and-Santiago-Cabrera.j

Kate del Castillo as Ramona Sanchez, an elegant, beautiful, regal matriarch, she has the grace and quiet wisdom that belies a ruthless cunning below the surface. To the world, she’s a benevolent philanthropist, art collector, and loving aunt to a young child, but behind closed doors, she’s shrewd, powerful, and fiercely protective of her family, her business and her many dark secrets. Driven by the desire to seek out the right heir to continue her legacy, Ramona deftly manipulates everyone in her orbit to determine who are her allies and eliminate those who are her obstacles. Ramona will sharpen her claws to ensure she gets what she wants and calmly eviscerates anyone who stands in her way without breaking a sweat. 

Santiago Cabrera as Jorge Sanchez, an intelligent and intuitive with a deep inner strength, he was born in Mexico but raised in the US with all the privileges that newfound wealth has brought to his family. A Harvard Law grad, Jorge been working as a successful businessman using legitimate business fronts to launder money and serve as a fixer in his family’s organization. Struggling with his wife’s untimely death, he cycles through stages of grief and an insatiable rage at the world, often making him volatile and unpredictable. The only joy left in his life is his daughter, Violeta, whom he strives to protect above all else. But everything changes when Thony walks into his life, opening old wounds, reminding him of the family he once lost – and challenging him to be the person he could be.

Yet another crime family! I'm wondering how they'll be introduced, and how they connect to Thony.

Sounds like Jorge might be a new love interest for Thony? I don't know if that's a good thing since he's also into crime, like Arman.

The part about Ramona looking for a heir makes me think that may be the storyline for Nadia.

• Like 1

More casting news:

https://deadline.com/2023/12/clayton-cardenas-cast-the-cleaning-lady-season-3-1235680978/

Cardenas has joined the cast of Fox’s The Cleaning Lady for Season 3 in the role of Dante, Ramona’s (Kate del Castillo) trusted lieutenant who is intense and authoritative with a dangerous edge. Unconcerned with anything but protecting the business, Dante grows increasingly aggravated with Thony (Élodie Yung), who constantly undermines their operations.

----

The new characters sound interesting; but again, I'm not a fan of them making Thony some type of crime boss.

• Useful 1

First promo photo of Arman's parents (and of the new season):

https://tvline.com/features/the-cleaning-lady-season-3-arman-parents-spoilers-preview-photo-1235104370/

Plus a some character info:

Eduardo, according to his official character description, is “stubborn to a fault,” especially when it comes to Arman, who, in his eyes, “betrayed and shamed the family. Though he harbors a secret desire to reunite with his estranged son, Eduardo protects his heart in the only way he can: by hardening it.”

Teresa, meanwhile, is described as “warm and soulful,” and the fissure between her husband and son — which keeps her estranged from Arman, too — is her greatest heartbreak. “Teresa feels the shame her son brought on the family by living a life of crime,” the description reads. “Though outwardly gentle and subservient, Teresa is not afraid to stand up for her beliefs or show her love for her son.”

2 hours ago, phoenics said:

I don’t even know what to think about these spoilers now that we know what happened with Adan. 😔

Yeah, I don't want to start speculating right away. It's so sad.

• Sad 1

What a shock to hear the sad news about Adan.  Now it makes more sense that so many new characters were added to S3.  Condolences to Adan's family and friends.  He will be missed.

• Like 1

More casting news:

'Brandon Jay McLaren & JB Tadena Join Season 3 Cast'

McLaren will portray Jeremy Dolan, the guy we all wish we knew. He’s charming, smart, affable and can put anyone at ease, including Thony (Élodie Yung) whom he has an instant connection. Jeremy enters the world of The Cleaning Lady as a contractor-turned-entrepreneur, building his business with a personal approach. His openness about his life and his carpentry skills keep Jeremy in Thony’s orbit as she comes to rely on him for help. But below his trustworthy, charismatic façade lurks a sinister secret about his true character, a truth that will have dire consequences for all involved once revealed.

Tadena will portray Paolo Belleza, a fun-loving and charming guy with a breezy sense of humor and sexy confidence. Paolo owns and operates a “Turo Turo” food stall in Manila where he is loved by his community and has an intimate connection with the De La Rosa family.

• Useful 1

When Arman mysteriously disappears, Thony and Nadia begrudgingly team up to look for him. Meanwhile, Fiona tries to manage the aftermath of her deportation to the Philippines and reconnects with an old flame in the all-new "Arman," season premiere episode of The Cleaning Lady airing Monday, March 5 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (CLD-301) (TV-14 L, V)

Cast: Elodie Yung as Thony; Martha Millan as Fiona; Kate del Castillo as Ramona; Sebastien LaSalle as Luca; Valentino LaSalle as Luca; Faith Bryant as Jaz; Sean Lew as Chris; Eva De Dominic as Nadia; Santiago Cabrera as Jorge.

Guest Cast: Liza Weil as ASAC Russo; Jennelle Baptiste as Samentha; Jordyn Aurora Aquino as Nina; Gabriela Alicia Ortega as Roxy; Jason Olazabal as Eduardo; Jacqueline Obradors as Theresa; Rekha Sharma as Susan; JB Tadena as Paolo; Kennth Miller as Angel; Amber Lynn Ashley as Charmaine; Glenn Thomas Cruz as Danilo; Rhandy Torres as Tomas; Joshua Nathaniel Melendez as CBP Officer Jappa; Princess Punzalan as Alma (Lola); Alberto Isaac as Jacinto (Lolo).

• Useful 1
On 2/26/2024 at 4:54 PM, Trini said:

When Arman mysteriously disappears, Thony and Nadia begrudgingly team up to look for him. Meanwhile, Fiona tries to manage the aftermath of her deportation to the Philippines and reconnects with an old flame in the all-new "Arman," season premiere episode of The Cleaning Lady airing Monday, March 5 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (CLD-301) (TV-14 L, V)

If Thorny smugglers Fiona back into the US before the end of tonight's episode, I'm going to be really mad (which probably means it's going to happen)!

• Hugs 1

If I am able to watch without interruptions for an already decided Presidential Super Tuesday primary elections I will be happy.

3x02 synopsis:

"For My Son"

THONY BECOMES INDEBTED TO RAMONA ON THE ALL-NEW EPISODE OF THE CLEANING LADY TUESDAY, MARCH 12, ON FOX

Thony turns to Ramona to get Fiona back to the United States but finds herself indebted. Meanwhile, a secret Fiona has kept hidden for decades comes to light, creating friction between herself and family members in the all-new "For My Son" episode of The Cleaning Lady airing Monday, March 12 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (CLD-302) (TV-14 L, V)

Cast: Elodie Yung as Thony; Martha Millan as Fiona; Kate del Castillo as Ramona; Sebastien LaSalle as Luca; Valentino LaSalle as Luca; Faith Bryant as Jaz; Sean Lew as Chris; Eva De Dominic as Nadia; Santiago Cabrera as Jorge.