Type keyword(s) to search

Kanye West: The Most Intelligent Celebrity

Message added by Aethera

Discussion of Kanye's run for the US Presidency is off-limits here, unless and until the run appears on the show itself, as per our Politics Policy. https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/94644-politics-primetimer-updated-070319

• Start Topic

Jackass called out a woman with a prosthetic limb and a kid in a wheel chair for not standing to praise him. Can we start a legal fund so the kid can sue him for emotional distress or something? I'd be all over giving to that. 

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/09/14/kanye-west-stops-concert-to-yell-at-wheelchair-bound-kid-stand-up.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+thedailybeast%2Farticles+%28The+Daily+Beast+-+Latest+Articles%29

• Love 2
But to no avail. West sent his bulky bodyguard Pascal Duvier into the crowd to confirm that the seated fan was, in fact, in a wheelchair. When it was confirmed, West said, “He is in a wheelchair? It’s fine!”

I'm still at a loss for words reading about this incident but this part? The jackass couldnt even bother to apologize? All is good now since this disabled individual got Lord Kanye's approval for sitting. Unbelievable.

• Love 1

Oh, this is great. Princess Catherine & Beyonce are pregnant at the same time & poor Kimmy isn't. Looks like both Prince William & Jay Z can get the job done Kanye, now what are you going to do?

Looks like sinks all over will be getting a workout.

I'm still at a loss for words reading about this incident but this part? The jackass couldnt even bother to apologize? All is good now since this disabled individual got Lord Kanye's approval for sitting. Unbelievable.

Kanye didn't have him brought on stage and healed him right in front of the crowd? The real Yeezus would have. Edited by iwasish
  • Love 2

Re Kanye's latest tantrum, I would like to say that I'm surprised, but unfortunately, I'm not. To call Kanye as piece of shit is an insult to shit. If the woman with the prosthetic limb and the kid in a wheelchair wanted to sue for discrimination, I wouldn't blame them. News flash, Yeezus: when people buy tickets to your concerts, you're supposed to perform for them, not vice versa.  

About Kate Middleton and Beyoncé's second pregnancies, I'm not only thrilled for them and their husbands, once again they upstaged Kim and Kanye in the process, making them look even worse than ever-if that's possible.

• Love 1

Re Kanye's latest tantrum, I would like to say that I'm surprised, but unfortunately, I'm not. To call Kanye as piece of shit is an insult to shit. If the woman with the prosthetic limb and the kid in a wheelchair wanted to sue for discrimination, I wouldn't blame them. News flash, Yeezus: when people buy tickets to your concerts, you're supposed to perform for them, not vice versa.  

About Kate Middleton and Beyoncé's second pregnancies, I'm not only thrilled for them and their husbands, once again they upstaged Kim and Kanye in the process, making them look even worse than ever-if that's possible.

He'll probably accuse the haters of planting disabled people in his audience to make him look bad.

Didn't he recently give a handicapped fan a microphone or something recently? Or was that another performer?

Hopefully this is the place where people realized he crossed the line.   Claiming he is oppressed and kept down because racism.  Claiming no one recognizes his genius because racism.   All his narcissim and stupid stunts are one thing.   Being pissed because a disabled person won't dance might be a bridge too far.   People can take rants about oneself but when you hurt others (seriously he had a bodyguard go check?) is where people start leaving -- in droves.

• Love 2

I read about Kanye's stunt this morning and I don't know why, but I was surprised. And I shouldn't have been because there have been more than enough reports of his self-deluded behavior/rants, but I dont know . . . I understand an artist wanting his audience to be into it with him, but to refuse to perform because two people wouldn't stand up is childish. But it gets worse because he actually sent a security guard to them to make them stand up. The first part of that is fucked up, but the second part is just - I don't have words for it really.

I wouldn't have been at his concert, but had I forked over money to see my favorite band, I would have left the building. Seriously. Because motherfucker, I paid to see you. I pay to buy your music. I help support your lavish lifestyle. If I don't feel like standing up/singing/dancing/what the fuck ever, that's my choice because I paid you to perform for me. And to refuse because I just don't feel like dancing means you're breaking your part of the contract.

In Kanye's case, he's supposed to be the creative genius, right? He's the one who's supposed to be the best ever, the most underappreciated, with the most famous/beautiful/talented/worthy wife, am I right? Yet he can't/won't perform unless everyone's on their feet? Shouldn't his genius transcend that?

I used to think that many of the rants were strictly for publicity, but I am beginning to think he's mentally ill. Seriously. That or he's an ever bigger tool than we even though possible. I hope there's some good backlash on this one because he earned this one all by himself. He didn't need Kim's help this time. Ugh.

• Love 12

He'll probably accuse the haters of planting disabled people in his audience to make him look bad.

Didn't he recently give a handicapped fan a microphone or something recently? Or was that another performer?

Yeah, in the linked article it has a clip of him giving a microphone to a fan in a wheelchair. Which, to me, makes this even worse. Now people have to prove their disability to this jackass to be treated with respect. What if the fan had a heart condition and couldn't dance around? I have MS and have had a couple of really bad flares where I can't even feel my legs or feet. The first one, my legs were so numb my neuro didn't understand how I was even walking. I didn't feel a thing when he was stabbing at me. I lived in fear I was going to break my toes and wouldn't even know until they turned purple or were sticking off at a funny angle. I did manage to walk and stand, but try standing when you can't feel it. Your balance isn't too great. I certainly wouldn't have stood up for this fool.

And here's what I really don't get, he could see well enough to see 1 fan out of the audience wasn't standing, but couldn't see the wheelchair? What if the fan was a little person and was standing? 

• Love 5

What if the fan was a little person and was standing?

he would have blamed the person for being a little person.   Then demanded only tall people be allowed at his concerts.  Because short people just don't get his genius.

*I know what you meant by "little person" but the joke works better.   Plus now I have that damn song "Short People" going through my head.

• Love 2

Just PART of Kanye's most recent rant from his Monday night show:

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/09/kanye-west-wheelchair-concert-response/

But what I’m sayin’ is, you’ve got like 12 years that we put in positive music. How many people ever heard one of my songs on their way to work—they heard it, and it made them feel better? And on those songs that made them feel better, don’t I say offensive shit here and there, like, so wait a second, that’s my brand! I curse and say really offensive… wait a second. That’s why when I did ‘Runaway’ earlier, I said, ‘I sent ya a picture of my dick…’ what did ya think when y’all heard that? That’s not G-rated! This is rap fuckin’ music! This is real expression. This is real artistry. You know, an artist’s career doesn’t happen in one cycle of news—an artist’s career happens in a lifetime. And if you’re a true artist, you’re willing to die for what you believe in.

And I don’t know if you feel like this, or give this feeling after the 10, 11, 12 years, but does it seem like in any way I might be slightly a true artist? So, people on the Today show, I’m not sure I keep up with the news, but if Michael Strahan is still at the Today show—no, Good Morning America, Matt Lauer, the girls on The View—Whoopi Goldberg, Robin Roberts, if y’all run this, take a step back and look at this: I’m a married Christian man with a family. At my concerts, I make sure everybody has as good a time as possible. So all this demonizing me, it aint’ goin’ to work after a while. Pick a new target. Pick a new target. Because I’m not one of these dumbass artists that you’re used to. You come at me, I’m going to take my platform and break this shit down for real, intelligent people every night. And then, we’ll get back to the music.”

Does he ever actually sing at a concert, or people pay money to hear him shout a bunch non-linear, deluded, self-aggrandizing nonsense?

I mean, you can pretty much watch the same program for free in any subway station with a schizophrenic homeless person - save your money!

• Love 10

Why do people even pay to see this jack ass "perform"? 

Does he ever actually sing at a concert, or people pay money to hear him shout a bunch non-linear, deluded, self-aggrandizing nonsense?

I mean, you can pretty much watch the same program for free in any subway station with a schizophrenic homeless person - save your money!

I was wondering the same thing-do people go to one of "revivals" to hear him "sing" or to hear him preach?

What surprised me was the first I read of this latest tantrum was posted by a 22 year old & all of his friends comments were how much they despise Kanye & how is the biggest waste of space, etc.

I am so ready for this whole krew to just disappear!

• Love 2

if y’all run this, take a step back and look at this: I’m a married Christian man with a family.

And how Christian, married man with a family is the fact most of Kim's pregnancy and their relationship she was married to another man? How Christian is that Kanye's baby was almost born with another man married to the mother of the child.

Kanye needs to shut up, media also needs to not let him on their programming. When he wants something to promote and wants to grace Kelly&Michael/Today/TheView etc.. with his holy presence they need to tell him FU. Then he's going to rank about that also.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 4

And how Christian, married man with a family is the fact most of Kim's pregnancy and their relationship she was married to another man? How Christian is that Kanye's baby was almost born with another man married to the child.

Kanye needs to shut up, media also needs to not let him on their programming. When he wants something to promote and wants to grace Kelly&Michael/Today/TheView etc.. with his holy presence they need to tell him FU. Then he's going to rank about that also.

Hopefully they'll put Kim on the do not book list since her hubby likes to bash them. Kris must be cringing as she sees bridges burning.

• Love 2

Not that you would ever catch me at one of his concerts but I would refuse to stand up (I have MS but I CAN walk...nobody's going to tell me to stand up for Kanye. Or Kim.

I wonder if he would have you tossed from the concert?

And how big was this crowd that he was able to spot the non-standers?

• Love 1

Good question! Does he hire bullies to scan the audience for sitting people?

And since Kanye can't stop ranting at his audience, I'd let his bodyguards drag me outta there then ask for a settlement. ;-)

I do not call them fans...audience seems more than sufficient.

He sent security to look at the people in wheelchairs, so I guess the answer to the question is, yes!

• Love 2

He sent security to look at the people in wheelchairs, so I guess the answer to the question is, yes!

I say we go in rented wheelchairs and then when he demands we all stand... we scream that "We are healed!!!" get up and  stagger around. I bet Kim actually will believe it. Kanye just might too.

• Love 8

And since Kanye can't stop ranting at his audience, I'd let his bodyguards drag me outta there then ask for a settlement. ;-)

I do not call them fans...audience seems more than sufficient.

Heaven help me that I signed up for this site to actually post to this thread! I am a lurker from the "other" site and have been a lurker here since the "other" site shut down. 

But . . . to answer the question regarding the crowd size, I think this picture speaks volumes . . . I think its pretty obvious he could see every single audience member. 

http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/14/kanye-west-concert-wheelchair-video-stand-up-awkward/

• Love 2

Kanye's rules:

“Kanye is incredibly demanding — he has very precise standards, but it they’re not met he gets moody. He has a short fuse. He wants his music at a certain volume, insists on private lifts and entrances wherever he goes and no one is allowed to be on a mobile around him before his concerts,” an insider claims.

“When he’s at his New York apartment, the temperature must be set to a level that allows him to wear a hoodie indoors, even in summer.”

Even at Kim’s mum’s home, where they’ve been staying while their LA pad is renovated, Kanye still insists on his own rules,” the source added.

“Only one approved maid is allowed in their bedroom, and when his clothes are washed they must not be in with anyone else’s. He seems to want to be treated like a god and insists that Kim follow his rules too.”

West has been gradually tightening his leash on Kardashian and she’s more diva than ever now.  “Kanye nags her about everything and he even chooses who Kim can and can’t hang out with,” the source told Radar.  “Her friends cannot even be around her anymore because she is not allowed to have any girl time.”  

“Kim used to treat her hair and make-up team like pals and talk about her life, but Kanye told her she needs to be more private and now she barely speaks to them apart from pleasantries,” the source said.

“She doesn’t like her entourage to sit near her when traveling and requests they are quiet… Kim’s friends worry Kanye is changing how she behaves.”

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/09/king-kanye-wests-krazy-rules-for-kim-exposed/

• Love 1

Not that Kimmy was all that wonderful before, but can you say "signs of abuse."    He mght not be smacking her around, but he is clearly a very controlling individual.   Again, Kimmy is not the brightest bulb in the chandelier but she has not been declared incompetent, therefore as a legal adult she gets to choose who she hangs out with and what she choose to share of her live and with whom.   

With all the news coming out of the NFL lately, this is very scary.    Run, Kim, run.   NOW.    If you leave him over his controlling ways, I promise not to make jokes about your third divorce.

• Love 2

Not that Kimmy was all that wonderful before, but can you say "signs of abuse."    He mght not be smacking her around, but he is clearly a very controlling individual.   Again, Kimmy is not the brightest bulb in the chandelier but she has not been declared incompetent, therefore as a legal adult she gets to choose who she hangs out with and what she choose to share of her live and with whom.   

With all the news coming out of the NFL lately, this is very scary.    Run, Kim, run.   NOW.    If you leave him over his controlling ways, I promise not to make jokes about your third divorce.

When Kim divorced her first husband, didn't she make accusations of domestic violence against him? Or was that her father's suggestion, in order to haggle a bigger settlement out of him? 

If Kim has a third divorce.. no worries, the family will rewrite history and all participate in a  fourth Fairy Tale wedding, replete with a bridal shower, white dress and dialogue about her marrying her best friend and how they were meant to be together, with vague references to the rocky road it took to get here. I bet she even practices walking down the aisle, carrying a bouquet and complains about people who want a "plus one" as if she's never experienced it before.

article-2470094-18E3282A00000578-619_634

BWAHAHAHAHA! Do you think Princess shaves his chest?

Never mind his chest, I don't think there's any hair under his arms either. Well, if he needed someone to tell him how to get rid of body hair, he sure married the right woman 

• Love 2

Never mind his chest, I don't think there's any hair under his arms either. Well, if he needed someone to tell him how to get rid of body hair, he sure married the right woman

The mask is perfect though, I just wish he'd wear it all the time.

Are those two tone pants or are they just falling off his ass?

Fella needs a bit of lipo around the middle also.

• Love 1

Gross. As long as he shelled out a lot of money to get the whole bottom row of his teeth replaced with diamonds maybe he can buy himself a new chest and stomach? I think I'll just take a minute to laugh that Kim has to deal with this controlling idiot with a flabby stomach when she use to have this..talk about a downgrade.

kim-kardashian-reggie-bush-gq-magazine-3

• Love 2

Kanye's body just doesn't go with Kim's "athletes" type. Reggie, Miles Austin, Kris.

Correct, but they weren't the same famewhore type she is. Kanye loves the extra press he getting now. Kim even admitted it when she was discussing the Vogue cover and how excited he was cause he was only the second guy on the cover and how they "create controversy" He's stated that he thinks the Kardashian family is the most influential in the world. He's hooked his wagon to them and is along for the ride. He wants press, good, bad, indifferent. And he wants to pretend he doesn't want it. Hence the sour expressions and the periodic explosions on the paps. To make sure they keep being there. The same reason Kimmy is out wearing see thru work out pants and no underwear, or with her tits exposed. Attention. It's what they live for. And now they use North to get even more.

• Love 5

That’s why when I did ‘Runaway’ earlier, I said, ‘I sent ya a picture of my dick…

’ what did ya think when y’all heard that? That’s not G-rated! This is rap fuckin’ music! This is real expression. This is real artistry.

Really?  Singing/rapping/whatever about your "dick" is "artistry" now?  Not the fake kind, mind you, real artistry!

• Love 1

article-2470094-18E3282A00000578-619_634

BWAHAHAHAHA! Do you think Princess shaves his chest?

The jelly roll sort of kills the whole effect.    Is he supposed to be rising from an iceberg, and the thing on his face represents his horrible oppression?    I'm such a plebian-I expect musicians to perform music.   

• Love 1

Kanye is now teaching at a college,  (Los Angeles Trade and Technical College). This is apart of the mandated 250 hours of community service that he received after the incident he had with the paparazzi a little over a year ago. I wonder what subject Kanye is teaching? It could have something to do with fashion, it's being reported that this school is known for classes in fashion design (as well as technology).

http://t.entertainment.msn.com/kanye-west-is-now-teaching-a-college-2?toc=celebs

It's being reported on another site that he's teaching classes about designer labels and talking about his experiences with the fashion industry:

http://laist.com/2014/09/22/mr_kanye_west_is_a_substitute_teach.php

Edited by Jx223

Hee! Can you imagine Kanye teaching Fashion 101? First class topic would be always wear a hoodie at all times.

I have a feeling that Kanye is having fun teaching classes, considering how much he likes to talk about fashion and just about everything else, lol.

• Love 1

Teaching does not mean babbling on endlessly.  God can you imagine PAYING for this class and being stuck listening to this guy?

Advanced Fashion Class -- how designer are racists because they won't accept that hoodies and ripped jeans are the height of fashion.

• Love 2

Teaching does not mean babbling on endlessly.  God can you imagine PAYING for this class and being stuck listening to this guy?

Advanced Fashion Class -- how designer are racists because they won't accept that hoodies and ripped jeans are the height of fashion.

Don't forget the leather jogging pants!!!

• Love 1

I didn't click on the link, but really? He's teaching? That's his community service? He must have paid someone off because community service -- it seems to me -- is supposed to be a way of giving something back to your community. I hate to use the word "punishment" because really, I don't think community involvement should be considered punishment. But it should be something that makes you reflect on what you've done and re-evaluate your choices, etc.

It seems to me the college ought to have, I don't know, real, qualified teachers for doing what Kanye is reportedly doing. In my mind, I consider time at a soup kitchen, picking up trash, trail clearing/breaking to be community service. Whiling the day away talking to people who actually paid for an education -- basically taking time from their real classes -- doesn't seem much like community service to me.

• Love 4