Type keyword(s) to search

S01:E11 I'm a Slave 4 U

AgentRXS
  • Start Topic

Eric and Naomi are conflicted on what is best for JoJo's future. Jill attempts to help a young troubled actor struggling against an overbearing parent. Valeria fights for an opportunity to lean into her Puerto Rican heritage.

Original Air Date: January 18, 2022

Naomi, come on - unclench just a bit. I am glad Valeria called her on some of her bull. "You've been a dad for a hot minute" - and why is that Naomi? Oh because you didn't tell him he was a father for 20 years. And don't act like you've been a doting mother this entire time.

I love Spanish music, so it was great to hear Valeria rap in her native tongue. And did Ava sound like Idina Menzel to anyone else (when she was singing her "authentic music")?

• Love 3

I know since Eve is on maternity leave and likely not coming back, Brandy is the most famous so she's going to be the focus but a little of Naomi goes a long way.

Enjoyed Valeria finding her voice and getting her song done how she wanted and calling Naomi out.

I did like that Naomi negotiated with Jojo and may eventually include Eric as a parent which he seems more than willing to do.

Jill got burned but I did like her helping Ava get out from under her mother.

It'll be interesting to see how the ladies come up with money...

• Love 3

Is it just me or are all of the songs these women do on this show exactly the same? The words are different but the music and rhythm etc seem to be identical. I mean, like one song, different words.

I should add that I mean the usual rap songs the women do, not the songs conservator girl and Valeria did tonight. But even JoJo seemed to be singing from the same song when she did her rap tonight for her dad.  Maybe the show can afford to come up with new lyrics all the time but changing the music itself is too much to do for a show each week. But it is getting old.

Edited by Andyourlittledog2
Added new comments.
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, GaT said:

Only one season & they couldn't come up with something better than "steal the plot from Britney Spears?"

And, maybe just try to find a better actor to play the faux Britney Spears??  I'm sorry, but that girl was one of the worst actors I think I've ever seen.  Evereything seems either coached from off-camera or read from cue cards.  She was okay in one or two scenes, but other than that, I thought she was terrible.

And, how is it that Jill had money to pay for Ava's attorney when they all seemed to have invested every last dime into the production company?  

• Love 3
On 1/19/2022 at 12:03 PM, RunningMarket said:

"You've been a dad for a hot minute" - and why is that Naomi? Oh because you didn't tell him he was a father for 20 years. And don't act like you've been a doting mother this entire time.

Naomi has no more rank to pull than he does. She didn't raise Jojo and I liked that Jojo called her out.

On 1/19/2022 at 8:33 PM, njbchlover said:

And, maybe just try to find a better actor to play the faux Britney Spears??  I'm sorry, but that girl was one of the worst actors I think I've ever seen.  Evereything seems either coached from off-camera or read from cue cards.  She was okay in one or two scenes, but other than that, I thought she was terrible.

And, how is it that Jill had money to pay for Ava's attorney when they all seemed to have invested every last dime into the production company?  

I didn't like her singing voice either. I thought it was fine, but nothing to get excited about. I found that whole storyline pretty dull, to be honest.

Valeria's outfits are a trip. I feel like I would record in sweats. Everything she wears is skintight, and those platforms were crazy..

• Love 2