Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E10: The Housewives

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, StillHere said:

Aaron's taste level is also too poor to suggest he'll win the one that matters. 

I agree. Everything he makes looks matronly. That look tonight reminded me of the Miss America Pageant - the gown competition.  In 1966.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
5 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

Would have loved to see the oversized trash bag dress "Daddy" would designed for his housewife.

Anna's look was horrible. She deserved the auf. I don't know Gina, but she was super kind. 

I think Kristina is a one-way monkey. Sheer overlay dress, coat, robe, etc. over pants. She couldn't make the dress, so she made that ill-conceived scarf. Her garment had a terrible fit.

Kristina has taste issues.

• Love 6

A new low.

What an unattractive and undignified coven of "clients". The last time I heard that much screeching, howling, and shrieking, I was visiting the zoo. Who finds these plastic, puffy women even remotely interesting or entertaining? Besides that Andy Cohen creature - excuse me ... I mean, cultural icon.

What a bizarre pep-rally of a runway show.

And how absolutely typical of Elaine to lecture a designer- which she is not - about how to collaborate with the client you are designing for. She's just insufferable. No fake crying tonight though, so there's that.

• LOL 1
  • Love 22

I have never watched a Real Housewives show and I can't stand "pop culture icon" Andy Cohen.  In fact, I stopped watching the CNN New Years Eve show the year they brought Andy Cohen on to replace Kathy Griffin.   From what I understand the network received many complaints this year and had to "have a talk with" Andy Cohen because he behaved like a drunken asshole during the broadcast.

That said, this was the most cringey episode of PR I have ever seen.  The designers were extra, the judges were extra, the guests were extra, it was a complete shitshow.

I don't know anything about the Housewives but they came off more like drag queens or caricatures of women.   The way Andy Cohen related to them (IMO) was gross.  He seemed (to me anyway) to regard them as property.  Like showdogs or something.

Lowlights:

Chasity's screeching.

The designers hooting and hollering during the runway.

Kristina's ugly crying.

Shirtless Bones in the workroom (way to promote a professional atmosphere).

Bones's runway look (give him an eyepatch and he's Pete Burns in "You Spin Me Right Round, Baby, Right Round")

Nina's vinyl dress (guessing if I google "should women over 50 wear vinyl dresses" the consensus would probably be no).

Elaine's baggy white boots.

The judges shamelessly fawning over the mediocre designs for the benefit of crossover promotion.

Kristina and Aaron designing essentially the same outfit, but Aaron getting kudos while Kristina gets shredded.

Christian telling Kristina "I'm going to murder you" (although it was kind of funny the way it came out).

Nina telling Anna her design was "inappropriate for a reunion show."  Huh?  What precisely is "reunion show" apparel, Nina?  Can you perhaps point me to some designers who specialize in "reunion show" fashion?

Andy Cohen from start to finish.

• LOL 1
  • Love 19

I thought the issue with Dr Wendy was a cultural  vocabulary misunderstanding.  When Kristina said "suit?" she was apparently thinking jumpsuit, while Dr Wendy was visualizing a business suit.  Of course neither idea would have met the glam standard for a reunion of those divas. But you would think in 2+ days they could have come to a better meeting of the minds.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

His snatching that purse out of her hands was real

Speaking of snatch, since when did it mean waist?  For me it denotes a body part that is below the belt, so to speak.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, carrps said:

I loved Gina's (?) reaction to the smoking. That was so honest, and she seemed genuine.

"You're smoking?  Are we smoking again?"  I thought she was very sweet with the designers out there.  I only watch RHOBH, so I don't know any of these women, but she seemed the nicer, for sure.

God bless Bones, he handled Shannon like a pro--and made her look great. 

All the whooping and hollering was...a lot. 

• Love 13
8 hours ago, millennium said:

Christian telling Kristina "I'm going to murder you" (although it was kind of funny the way it came out).

This for me was the highlight of the whole Project Runway franchise. I would love to have a meme contest for that little interaction. It was the most real thing to ever happen on Project Runway.

• LOL 4
  • Love 9

I'm not really sure I'm adding a whole lot to this discussion but here goes:  I also have never seen a single episode of any Real Housewives franchise.  I would absolutely NOT know that for some reason, the reunion shows are somehow supposed to be extra "glamorous"  (meaning everything is supposed to be barely covered and extremely tacky.)  And even though I'm old, it never occurred to me that when Christina was asking about a suit she wasn't talking about pants or some sort of jumpsuit.   If that Dr. Wendy person was THAT adamant that she wanted a gown she should have simply stated that.  I honestly believe she was operating under the assumption that somehow she, and her show, were so famous that everyone should simply KNOW what she was talking about (and consequently, what she wanted for a reunion show)- rather arrogant if you ask me.  This was reinforced when Nina said something about Anna's(?) look not being appropriate for a reunion show - I kept thinking - "Unless there was a LOT of background information how the HELL was anyone supposed to know what was "appropriate"?  I think Anna was rightfully sent home because she made a very unflattering dress (and seemed to be REALLY proud of it) but I thought the criticism about it not being appropriate showed how at a disadvantage she was.  

I'm going to disagree with a lot of you and say I didn't like the winning dress at all.  As a gimmicky "costume" it was great but as an actual dress it seemed too "Look at me!!! Aren't I quirky?  Don't I look just like some edgy celebrity?"  If they were repeating the challenge from several years back where they were dressing drag queens, hands down, this should have won.  As an actual dress - not so much.

• Love 15
9 hours ago, Leeds said:

Speaking of snatch, since when did it mean waist?  For me it denotes a body part that is below the belt, so to speak.

I’m aging myself, but you just made me think of the book Scruples. I always thought of it as a snatched waist, as in it’s been “snatched” in.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

I watched the early seasons of RHOC and RHNY but stopped watching long ago when the shows became manufactured fake drama with over the top, drunken  shouting matches and not enjoyable. That's only my opinion. According to the ratings lots of people still watch them.  With that being said, I enjoyed this episode a lot. The RH ladies brought some buzz, high energy, campy fun, and humor to the episode and the designers, except for one, seemed to enjoy working with the ladies. I've never seen Potomac and didn't know any of the ladies from that cast. The only cast members I knew from watching their shows were "The Countess" Luann (NY) and Shannon (OC). Luann looked amazing and as a former model she knew how to walk the runway. Glad that Chantal won! The hot pink outfit was perfect for the RH that wore it. That was a fun look for her and it showed. The right outfit lost the challenge. Ill fitting and ill conceived. Overall, an enjoyable episode. 

• Love 18
10 hours ago, Leeds said:

The term when applied to garments is "cinched."  I wonder if someone got it wrong once and said "snatched" instead of "cinched," and it somehow became prevalent.  It could take just one post by the right social media celebrity.

4 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

I'm going to disagree with a lot of you and say I didn't like the winning dress at all.  As a gimmicky "costume" it was great but as an actual dress it seemed too "Look at me!!! Aren't I quirky?  Don't I look just like some edgy celebrity?" 

It looked a little home-made to me.  I noticed it particularly where the shiny fabric and the lace met, maybe because the shiny fabric was a little too puffy right there.  A lot of home-sewn clothes don't look quite crisp enough to me.

4 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

If that Dr. Wendy person was THAT adamant that she wanted a gown she should have simply stated that.

Exactly.  And when Kristina was asked if Wendy told her she didn't want pants, and Kristina said, "No," Wendy should have said, "That's true.  I told her she could do whatever she wanted as long as it looked good.  Turns out it didn't look good, but that doesn't mean I was okay with pants because I specifically told Christian I didn't want pants."

• Love 8

Sorry to run this into the ground, but after Dr. Wendy’s bust measurements were noted and before Christina asked if she should make a dress or a suit, Dr. Wendy said that “you can give me pants, you can give me a jacket. I will be good in anything .”  This was more than miscommunication, but it’s not clear if it was because Dr. Wendy wanted to give some latitude to the designer or she was just a poor communicator. I wish she would have taken more ownership for her part in it.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I feel like a repetitively redundant poster but am going to repeat this sentiment anyway (after writing it in almost every episode's threads): Christian should win as he, once again, redirected a designer's initial design.  He's the one who said "half suit, half-lingerie" about Luanne's look.  So, do I think he intervenes too much? Yes.  And, unfortunately, this is probably not the last time I will write a similar observation and statement.

My personal choice for worst look of the show is for Elaine's look of sequined cocktail dress/ evening gown and ivory loose boots.  What????? I still think her personal styling should negate her as a judge.

All of the following is just my opinion and I acknowledge that others will see the designers differently-Kristina is too "precious"-crying and calling her client a diva when her client really didn't rant or have a tantrum?  Okay.  Chasity is too one note-she has done the same strappy top a couple of times before this challenge (and the fit wasn't great).  Bones is too concerned about his social media presence (again with the stripping down in the workroom and he was almost late to the runway because he changed his mind about which wig to wear). Aaron veres a bit much towards costumes in his designs (even though I thought this design looked great on his client).  Coral is going to have a macrame look no matter what the challenge entails (and wow, did she NOT listen to anything her client wanted).

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
7 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

All the whooping and hollering was...a lot. 

...was designers' efforts to suck up to the housewives franchise (and dollars).

I loved Leah's dress, but agree it didn't have the housewives reunion "pop." It reminded me of something Vera Wang or even Georgina Chapman would design.

Karen's dress can be found in any department store. And she walked like a linebacker into the designers' workroom on the second day.

I've been disappointed in what Aaron has produced, but his hot pink dress best fit the challenge.

Luann's dress should not have won. Too classy for the housewives. As another poster mentioned, I noticed the rough appearance of the skin on her thigh, and I think it was a combination of camera close-up and high definition television. All skin loses it elasticity as we age, even Luann's.

I've noticed that a lot of the PR designers smoke, as do the crews on Below Deck. It's very worrisome. A friend has worked decades in the tobacco cessation field, and their eternal challenge is to convince young people that tobacco use clobbers you after middle age.

ETA: lack of sleep, too much hurry, not eating right...I think some of the designers flame out earlier than others.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 8
On 1/7/2022 at 10:52 PM, OlderThanDirt said:

I thought the issue with Dr Wendy was a cultural  vocabulary misunderstanding.  When Kristina said "suit?" she was apparently thinking jumpsuit, while Dr Wendy was visualizing a business suit.  Of course neither idea would have met the glam standard for a reunion of those divas. But you would think in 2+ days they could have come to a better meeting of the minds.

I think this is plausible, but I still think I take slightly more issue with Wendy here than Kristina. Kristina literally said "does it have to be a gown?" That was the moment for Wendy to say "yes, I want to wear a gown". She didn't. "or could it be a suit?" And Wendy said as long as it looks good, and highlights the ass and boobs. This alone, fine, we're on a misunderstanding train where what was meant by "suit" was maybe assumptions on both sides and not enough communication. But then when Christian came round she said explicitly she wanted a gown and not pants. When it was way too late to change course. I think that's part of why Kristina got so upset- she was having this horror moment of it's too late to do anything else, and from her perspective she explicitly asked if a gown was required and did not get a yes. So to hear the client telling Christian very plainly that it was pretty much Gown Only Town, it probably felt a bit gaslighty. Not intentionally on Wendy's part, necessarily, but she answered so clearly to him, and so wishy washy to the designer. I think if I were the designer there, that aspect of it would be pretty upsetting to me. Thinking you cleared the idea and then hearing the client tell someone else "no this is not at all what I wanted." Then on the runway, same thing. Wendy was acting like either she wasn't consulted at all or had explicitly asked for something else. 

All of that aside, it still wasn't a good look.That's on Kristina. And the discussion of "gown or no gown" was a real distraction from that, but I think it kept coming up because everyone was wondering - well did you do this because Wendy asked for it? No? Well then why the hell'd you do it?

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, pasdetrois said:

Karen's dress can be found in any department store. And she walked like a linebacker into the designers' workroom on the second day.

I forgot I was going to comment on this! When the "housewives" first walked into the workroom, I told my sister she was walking like a draught horse.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I feel like a repetitively redundant poster but am going to repeat this sentiment anyway (after writing it in almost every episode's threads): Christian should win as he, once again, redirected a designer's initial design.  He's the one who said "half suit, half-lingerie" about Luanne's look.  So, do I think he intervenes too much? Yes.  And, unfortunately, this is probably not the last time I will write a similar observation and statement.

Fellow repetitively redundant poster here -- why can't Bravo put the final runway looks on their website?  I can't remember names, never mind match them with fleetingly shown outfits.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18

I watched the first episode of the new season of RuPaul’s Drag Race last night…two different outfits had the shoulders like the losing outfit…guest judge Lizzo’s and one of the queens runway look.   I don’t think that a “Real Housewife” would aspire to either esthetic.   

1 hour ago, Leeds said:

Fellow repetitively redundant poster here -- why can't Bravo put the final runway looks on their website?  I can't remember names, never mind match them with fleetingly shown outfits.

Oh for goodness sakes yes

• Love 8

I was amused by the designers’ expressions upon first seeing the housewives. It was obvious who was a fan and who didn’t have a clue. (Count me among the latter. I saw about 5 minutes of a RH episode once and that was enough.) Most of the women were more gracious than I expected, though.

I didn’t hate the episode. It was just a standard Real Clients challenge, only with big egos on both sides this time. In a way, maybe it’s better to do it with celebrities. There are always one or two clients who end up with a bad design, and it sucks when that happens to someone who never gets this kind of opportunity.

Lie vs. Misunderstanding: I lean towards the latter. But in this type of challenge, don’t the designers usually present sketches to demonstrate their vision? That would have really helped in this case. Housewife would have seen pants, said “ut-uh. No way,” and that would have been that.

The incessant crying was ridiculous. Get a thicker skin, or change professions. Designers can’t be that sensitive.

Say hi to Daddy, Anna!

• Love 8
On 1/7/2022 at 10:46 AM, StillHere said:

Aaron's taste level is also too poor to suggest he'll win the one that matters. 

I agree.  I think they are setting us to think he'll win it all.  But I think he won't even make it to fashion week.  

Aaron will be shocked and we the viewers are supposed to be shocked.  

• Love 3

re: Aaron, from the Bravo website:

Much of his early work was for drag queens and other performers he knew from his 20-year stint in the drag scene—he hosted a weekly drag show at the only gay bar in central Mississippi. Over the years, he has dressed multiple national pageant winners, Rupaul's Drag Race contestants, university and regional theater actors, and others. Aaron’s focus now is on his two design lines: Aaron Michael and Aaron Michael Costume Shoppe.

I'm not sure how his experience translates to designing for non-drag, non-costume-wearing clients.

• Love 3

On 1/7/2022 at 6:41 AM, backgroundnoise said:

Kristina calling someone else a Diva while sobbing about getting her widdle feelings hurt was hilarious, IMO.

She had a full on melt down…..requiring multiple people to console her…..over a client giving relatively mild critique to her design.  

Wendy may have lied on the runway,  but so what?    At the end of the day, it had nothing to do with why Kristina’s design was horrible.   The pants were the best part of the outfit.   The color, barely holding on top, and that weird scarf sunk the look.   The judges already scored it on the bottom before they even knew that Wendy would have preferred a gown.   

• Love 14
On 1/7/2022 at 3:10 PM, UMAngela said:

I have an on again/off again relationship with the housewives.  This episode reminded me of what I like best about them… I laughed out loud at Shannon’s neuroses, Giselle shading Dr. Wendy (something about how the bigger her smile, the more you know she’s lying), the countess and her cabaret.  I guess what I’m saying is loved this episode. I think it was the most organic execution of a Bravo tie in.

And Team Bones and Miss Shannon for me… she looked great. 

This is the first time I liked debbie-downer Shannon since her inaugural season.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I, too, am completely frustrated at not having a reliable place online to view the finished designs after the show. The runway is just too quick to really get a good look, and it’s very hard to remember which outfit goes with which designer. It really detracts from the fun of the show for me.

• Love 13
9 hours ago, carrps said:

I forgot I was going to comment on this! When the "housewives" first walked into the workroom, I told my sister she was walking like a draught horse.

When she first lumbered into the work room I thought the Grand Dame had been drinking and forgot to put on her bottoms! 😱

• LOL 8
10 hours ago, Leeds said:

They have a photo of each designer with their name and a paragraph or two about them on the Bravo site. Why can't they add a photo of the look each contestant produced  after the episodes air? That way at a glance you can see each designer, their name   and what they showed on the runway week 1, week 2  etc all the way through to the finale. It would really help the viewers with keeping the names and who produced what straight, and for the love of God extend the time the garments are shown on the runway and keep the designer's name on screen the entire time.

• Love 16

I  think Shantal's dress won because the fit was superb  and as others have pointed out  it was shown on a tall slender model like figure with great legs and a great walk. IMO Luann's face and body are looking fantastic at what 55,56?  I didn't love the design or think it would be great editorially  and not for one second did I think oh wow... I'd love to have a dress like that.

The first time I watched on a small TV at a distance I thought Kristina's  bustier + pants / jumpsuit  was possibly textured silk, like a  shantung. I didn't see that it was metallic until I saw it up close on my laptop. I did really like the color and thought it made Dr. Wendy's shape look incredible. I would have liked the fabric to come  up  just one inch higher on  her breasts.   I   loved what Kristina herself was wearing on the runway, such feminine shaping.

Oh how the mighty have fallen! Remember when Aaron shot out the gate with what, three  looks at the top and everyone was rooting for him? Then he was shitty and dismissive to Bones and he's been rubbing people the wrong way since. Bones'  personality comes across as so sweet! I loved how he was asking Shannon tons of questions and absorbing her answers hoping to give her the absolute best look he could. I really hope he gets to show at fashion week.

• Love 16

Loved the Housewives crossover and how excited the designers were for them on the runway. 

And I did like how all the Housewives were trying to be as delicate as possible with the designers knowing that it is a competition. 

Gizelle, Shannon, and Luann were excellent examples of the designers giving them their "signature" looks. Even though Luann does have the background and the stature for runway, the dress (while not sequined) really was on point for her. Sleek and cool. "Be cool. Don't be all uncool." TM Luann.

The shape of Gina's outfit was so unflattering to her figure: busty, narrow hips, and the slightest hint of tummy.

LOL at Wendy's interaction with her designer. Wendy is a pill.

And for those of us who do watch Real Housewives of Potomac, it was quite interesting to see just how well Gizelle and Wendy were getting along considering last season. 🙃

Edited by Rorysmom
  • Love 8

I've never watched Real Housewives of Potomac. I do watch RHO Atlanta and used to watch RHO Orange County and RHO NY but my interest in those last two have seriously waned.

For the people who are totally unfamiliar with these shows and have never watched an episode maybe have just seen the promos, I wonder what they'd think if they knew these reunions entail everyone bitching each other out about everything that has happened all season ... even things that have long since been smoothed over, for hours on end and then a lot of the franchises come back and do a part 2 AND a freakin' part 3! 🙀

🗣️  🥱  💤  🛌                            🗣️  🥱  💤  🛌                                     🗣️  🥱  💤  🛌

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 1/6/2022 at 10:08 PM, AryasMum said:

Surprise surprise. The “real woman” that has the closest thing to a model figure wins. Again. 

I think tall scrawny Leah (blonde from NYC, got the nude colored dress) has the closest thing to a model figure.  That said, If I were given a choice between having Luann's figure and Leah's, I'd take Luann's, even though it's got a lot more miles on it than Leah's.

20 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

I noticed the rough appearance of the skin on [Luann's] thigh, and I think it was a combination of camera close-up and high definition television. All skin loses it elasticity as we age, even Luann's.

I've noticed that a lot of the PR designers smoke,

Luann smokes.  I was surprised that her skin looked so rough (i.e., like mine), because I have almost 10 years on her AND I assume she takes care of hers better than I do.  Maybe it's the smoking.

15 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

But in this type of challenge, don’t the designers usually present sketches to demonstrate their vision? That would have really helped in this case. Housewife would have seen pants, said “ut-uh. No way,” and that would have been that.

Their sketches almost never look like the finished product to me, and I honestly wonder if I'd be able to discern pants from the way some of them are drawn.  They're usually just a bunch of long vertical lines with a tiny orb for a head.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I was going to say the same thing about Leah, as Luann is muscular.  But then I remembered Luann's abs.  Sigh.  She looks amazing.

Right? Someone mentioned Luanne's TM "Don't be all uncool man" line from when the housewives were on a trip somewhere warm and I remember her body...abs in particular  looked incredible in the bikini she was wearing.

I thought Luanne's face looked great as well.   As soon as  she came in in the one shoulder white dress I noticed how good and how slender (but not too too thin)  she was looking. I wonder if she  really works at it, or if it's just phenomenal genetics triumphing over not so great habits like  smoking?

• Love 1

Hand up  in the Be Honest - Real Housewives addiction group. 

Heck, I've watched them all since 2006  - the start of Orange County that launched the wives and a thousand egos. I've binged on many an episode, but others I've tuned out over the years. Yet still pick up on most of the individual bios & seasonal silly plot lines.

That said, I rather liked this Bravo reality show crossover. This one works. Cheezuz, as opposed to the recent Summer House meets the two assholes from Southern Charm. Or Patty Stanger, Millionaire Matchmaker tries to match up those Manzo boy (RHNJ) losers.  

But....wished they would have done this crossover maybe two or three episodes ago on PR. Then we would have had eight or nine PR designers. Then they could have featured more Housewives from more franchises.  More personalities, more design challenges, interesting diversity. Not three from Potomac, and maybe add in Beverly Hills, Atlanta, and New Jersey.

That is all. 

Footnote:

It would have been nice to have Ramona Singer (RHNY) on this episode. She could have done her signature runway catwalk Part Deux.  

https://tenor.com/WG6D.gif

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

The Housewives certainly seem to believe their own hype but encountering them for the first time I see nothing to indicate they have any redeeming qualities. This show eschews matronly garments or costumes but this is certainly a group that deserves those types of clothes. 

I don’t know why Wendy was drawing attention to her “new” boobs. Nothing amazing or show worthy there….thank god Kristina put a lot of structure in the garment.

• Love 10
On 1/8/2022 at 1:50 PM, pasdetrois said:

David's Bridal has almost that exact same dress this year in its special occasion collection.  Not original.

On 1/8/2022 at 1:50 PM, pasdetrois said:

ETA: lack of sleep, too much hurry, not eating right...I think some of the designers flame out earlier than others.

Kristina did mention something about having had to drop out of school due to a nervous breakdown.  Sure hope history doesn't repeat itself.

• Love 4

I’ve never watched a RH show - don’t even know / understand what they’re about.  Certainly not “real” housewives, far as I could tell from this show.  

Usually, the real person challenges highlight / benefit a group of women who normally wouldn’t have access to designers. They are almost always grateful for whatever they get.  And the shows have been about those women, in a good way.  

This episode lacked all of that.  As for these RH folks - well, let’s just say that if I never ever meet one of them, my life will be happier. That said, look how much interest this episode has garnered on this board, myself included. So probably a good move for the network.  

It would be nice, just once, to see a plus sized model win.  If that’s not going to happen, give up on the illusion that it will.  Or, every season, do a plus-size challenge where the smallest woman is at least a size 16.  We all know why TPTB won’t do that.  So they pay lip service to being inclusive when they are anything but.  

• Love 9

This was the most insufferable crossover ever, I couldn't fast-forward enough to avoid wretching at the endless ass-kissing of random reality trash that was happening.  I hated Shantalls look so much, it was drab, cheap and uninspired.  At least Aaron innovated and made a bold color statement. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, dogdays2 said:

It would be nice, just once, to see a plus sized model win.  If that’s not going to happen, give up on the illusion that it will.  Or, every season, do a plus-size challenge where the smallest woman is at least a size 16.  We all know why TPTB won’t do that.  So they pay lip service to being inclusive when they are anything but.  

There was a great moment, several seasons ago, a contestant made a fabulous "Michelle Obama"- style dress on a plus-sized model. Does anyone else remember that? Bright flower print & similar hair & skin tone on the model. This season has just been an embarrassment for the plus sized models. Every week in the bottom elimination looks. Imagine how they must feel... 😬💔 

18 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Luann smokes.  I was surprised that her skin looked so rough (i.e., like mine), because I have almost 10 years on her AND I assume she takes care of hers better than I do.  Maybe it's the smoking.

Luanne is a recovering alcoholic. That affects the skin, too. She has a new line of non-alcoholic wine:

Screenshot_20220110-060626_Google.thumb.jpg.67ab108d276389b164468712e4445c75.jpg

She's also a woman of a particular age; that shows in the skin as well. The muscle tone on her body was amazing. She clearly works hard to take care of herself.

I think Bones deserves an Honorable Mention for his work! His client had soo many specific demands & body issues--- God bless her for saying all the stuff out loud that we all think anyway! I thought she looked most like a "real" woman because she was also petite in stature. Bones didn't have a meltdown & go cry & smoke on the patio--- he had his client laughing & pumping her fist! She looked A-dorable! Sexy, age appropriate, figure-flattering, a dress I could actually see someone purchasing in a store. The hair was on point, too. Luanne's look had the runway impact, but Bone's dress was the one that buyers from major department stores would stock up on.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, NowVoyager said:

There was a great moment, several seasons ago, a contestant made a fabulous "Michelle Obama"- style dress on a plus-sized model. Does anyone else remember that? Bright flower print & similar hair & skin tone on the model. This season has just been an embarrassment for the plus sized models. Every week in the bottom elimination looks. Imagine how they must feel... 😬💔

Similar hair and skin tone to who? Are you saying designer and model had similar hair and skin tone? [Could have been Kenya designing for Liris?]

Liris  came to mind,  a   black woman plus size model who like Grace this season,... was tall and very well proportioned. She killed it in so many  of the  looks she showed! Liris may have  been one of, if not   the first plus size model

Then there was The white woman designer with pink hair,  Ashley who made the first plus size collection for the finale but I don't remember if I liked her stuff. I remember Liris though, she could sell the hell out of a look!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, T Summer said:

Similar hair and skin tone to who? Are you saying designer and model had similar hair and skin tone? [Could have been Kenya designing for Liris?]

Liris  came to mind,  a   black woman plus size model who like Grace this season,... was tall and very well proportioned. She killed it in so many  of the  looks she showed! Liris may have  been one of, if not   the first plus size model

Then there was The white woman designer with pink hair,  Ashley who made the first plus size collection for the finale but I don't remember if I liked her stuff. I remember Liris though, she could sell the hell out of a look!

Oh, I missed this season. Thanks for sharing!! Liris looks like she was a great model: amazing walk and well proportioned for designing. PR needs to get her back!!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, T Summer said:

Even Tim admitted after the fact that the judges only had Ashley win because they were being "inclusive" (he thought it was a terrible collection and should NOT have won.)  Lots of see through lace with granny panties, bare midriffs and hats that looked like flower pots.

Unlike some of the current plus size models (I don't remember the name of the one who consistently loses) Liris is also VERY conventionally proportionate.  She has a true hourglass shape and not a really large belly,  I think that also makes it much easier to design for her.

Edited by DaphneCat
Whole thoughts are good and spelling. (I really should finish my coffee before posting.
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Even Tim admitted after the fact that the judges only had Ashley win because they were being "inclusive" (he thought it was a terrible collection and should NOT have one.)  Lots of see through lace with granny panties, bare midriffs and hats that looked like flower pots.

Thanks for that.  I couldn't remember a damn thing about her collection or whether I liked anything.... and now I know why!