Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E10: The Housewives

• Start Topic

49 minutes ago, Deskisamess said:

I've never watched any of the "Real Housewives" shows. What a bunch of tacky fake classless women. Gah.

I fast forwarded thru most of the show, so so awful. I've no thoughts about who won and lost.

Remember when Project Runway used to have some class and even humor, not to mention talent?  Now it's been reduced to this trash.

• Love 21
9 hours ago, Talented Tenth said:

She didn't lie.  Her personal aesthetic isn't pants but she wanted the designer to create whatever she felt she could do the best.  Misunderstandings and miscommunications aren't lies.  She never led that designer to believe that she wanted pants nor did she ask for them.

Tape doesn’t lie.  

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Deskisamess said:

I've never watched any of the "Real Housewives" shows. What a bunch of tacky fake classless women. Gah.

But sometimes they flip tables or throw wine at each other.

I thought Aaron's garment looked a lot like what Johnny Weir was wearing doing the figure skating commentary earlier today.  Maybe he could become a housewife.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

We thought Luanne's dress looked incredible in the workshop but we were shockingly, sadly, and seriously unimpressed with the finished look on the runway.  I thought the asymmetry was fine but incredibly sloppy on top, the blouse.  The lapel was slouchy and IMO should have actually covered the right breast rather than sagged/flopped around her bust on that side.  And the darks bled into each other.  We were very ready for it to kill and it did not.  There is no way it should have won over Aaron's, which was pretty perfect.

The Grand Dame's dress looked amateurish.  Super thumbs-down on those straps.

I felt bad for Gina.  She is one of the weirdly nice Housewives, but yeah, her designer just gakked it.  Her Auf was proper and deserved.

Wendy was a fucking asshole.  I know that her designer overreacted, but I can see why, and we've been over that already.  Her look was fine, and while I generally agree on the breast support issues, it honestly didn't look any worse than any number of Housewives talking head breast insanity for the last five years.  And it certainly did show off her ass.  The comments by the judges on OMG WHAT WOULD YOU DO WITH A WRAP OMG seemed kind of stupid.  You'd... put it off to the side?   Jesus.

Bones probably deserved honorable mention immunity for dealing with Shannon, but he really handled her well and put together something that she liked and worked.  I mean, I didn't really love it myself, but I can see why other people did.

Lastly, I know everyone hates Leah, and I know she frequently deserves it, but she wears that nude color often.  Subjectively, I don't think it looks good on ANYONE, but it wasn't like it wasn't her.  And - and here's the final surprise - she could walk.  Out of seven of them, there were two people who knew how to walk, Luanne and Leah.  

Edited by Lassus
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, Leeds said:

Remember when Project Runway used to have some class and even humor, not to mention talent?  Now it's been reduced to this trash.

I remember when Nina would automatically put a designer who used hot pink into the bottom. Maybe she's changed her mind.

I think changing with the times keeps people interested in the show, because, let's face it, those who've been watching from the beginning are getting long in the tooth for the coveted ratings age groups. But it has dumbed down the show, IMHO.

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, WaltersHair said:

I think changing with the times keeps people interested in the show, because, let's face it, those who've been watching from the beginning are getting long in the tooth for the coveted ratings age groups. But it has dumbed down the show, IMHO.

Is the Real Housewives franchise a young person's show? I've never thought it was. I guess based on Bones' and Chasity's reactions it is but because most of the ladies are so much older, I just assumed the show skewed to the over 40 demographic. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, dmeets said:

Aaron and the editors sure are making a big deal about his always a bridesmaid status, but his edit seems too poor to suggest he’ll win the one that matters.

Aaron's taste level is also too poor to suggest he'll win the one that matters. 

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, joanne3482 said:

Is the Real Housewives franchise a young person's show? I've never thought it was. I guess based on Bones' and Chasity's reactions it is but because most of the ladies are so much older, I just assumed the show skewed to the over 40 demographic. 

The demographics vary for each installment.  Orange County is the OG of housewives and has an older audience.  Potomac is a newer installment and has a younger and more diverse audience.  The viewerships don't necessarily overlap, and I would not be surprised to find out Bones has never watched an episode of RHOC.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, BloggerAloud said:

I thought it was weird how they didn't really discuss that every Housewives reunion has a color theme of some sort. So like GIzelle and Karen's outfits would never be on the same reunion because they would be too dissimilar in terms of color story. It would've made more sense if each city had pre-determined color parameters because that's one of the real restraints.

Agreed - they do generally all dress in the same color or in at least in the same family of color for each reunion. I did find it interesting when Gina/Shannon? said that they're required to wear short dresses for RHOC reunions. I'd never realized that before (as someone who has seen many) and I'm now going to go look and see the looks. Wonder what's up with that? All the others are long dresses - which personally I kind of hate. They look like they're headed to prom. I'd prefer short and less just about everything else too, but that's me.

4 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I agree, it would have been wonderful for PR to show them some Housewives reunion clips and give them more of a brief, but since when does PR ever care to educate the designers?

I thought I saw one of the designers looking at a video clip or still from a reunion on an iPad at one point, but could have been something else.

In terms of the challenge I thought the right design won for all the reasons the judges mentioned. It was extremely well made (the lace edging on the slit!), looked good, had enough interesting things about it so that it wasn't just another dress (cough, cough, Chastity's dress for Karen) and it fit Luann's tastes and aesthetic perfectly. And considering the women spend 90% of the reunions seated, it was also really good from that perspective. The slit would allow a seated Luann to show off her legs and the two-natured top would look interesting as well as flatter Luann's upper body and face.

The seated factor was partially why I'd downgrade Aaron's for Gizelle. The bright pink would be a plus, but the pants and the extra fabric at the arm would be a drawback.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, jacksgirl said:

RH Watchers, I'm interested in changes made to these outfits for the reunion show. Is the reunion show soon?

Here's a photo of what the RH of Potomac women wore for their most recent. They went with pink palette and Gizelle looks to be wearing a Aaron's look (though can't tell if it's pants or dress) while Karen has modified (PINK! and short!) version of what Chastity made. Wendy is not wearing what Kristina designed for her. 

potomac reunion.jpeg

• Useful 10
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, Pop Tart said:

Here's a photo of what the RH of Potomac women wore for their most recent. They went with pink palette and Gizelle looks to be wearing a Aaron's look (though can't tell if it's pants or dress) while Karen has modified (PINK! and short!) version of what Chastity made. Wendy is not wearing what Kristina designed for her. 

potomac reunion.jpeg

Wow, not one but two mullet dresses 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Wow, not one but two mullet dresses 

Yes - that's not uncommon as they want to show off their legs and by doing so break up the visual. If they all wore something like what Gizelle (and Aaron) landed on, when seated they'd look like a bunch of blobs of fabric. Often the leg-showing-off goes way too far (literally, with slits UP TO THERE), but it does make sense for an hours long seated event, that they'd go for outfits along these lines.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Lassus said:

Lastly, I know everyone hates Leah, and I know she frequently deserves it, but she wears that nude color often.  Subjectively, I don't think it looks good on ANYONE, but it wasn't like it wasn't her.  And - and here's the final surprise - she could walk.  Out of seven of them, there were two people who knew how to walk, Luanne and Leah.  

She has her own fashion line.  It shouldn't be surprising that she can walk.  I wasn't impressed by her walk though.  I LOVED Luann's, Gizelle's, Wendy's.  

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I LOVED Luann's, Gizelle's, Wendy's

I must agree to disagree on Gizelle.  She was having a great time, which was great; but it was a lot of clunky movement in my opinion.

I also admit being so irritated with Wendy I didn't pay attention.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Re: the Wendy controversy. I don't watch The Housewives of any flavor, and don't know about whether or not they would lie. However, a suit does not automatically mean a pants suit. I come from a time when a woman's suit was a jacket and a skirt, before pants were common in the workplace . When she was asked if she wanted a dress or a suit, I don't think Wendy was envisioning pants, so she said that it didn't matter. Later, when she saw the pants, she seemed to be honestly shocked. Anyway, that's my interpretation. 

Poor Anna...that thing was a mess. I'm not sure she has ever recovered her game from the time she was hit with all that flying glass in the car accident. 

I don't think any of those women ever have to worry about a nip slip. At this point, they've been lifted so much, their nipples are behind their ears. 

I do think the right dress won. Beyond that, I kind of zoned out. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, Leeds said:

Yeah, but I still loved the episode :)

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, Jodithgrace said:

Re: the Wendy controversy. I don't watch The Housewives of any flavor, and don't know about whether or not they would lie. However, a suit does not automatically mean a pants suit. I come from a time when a woman's suit was a jacket and a skirt, before pants were common in the workplace . When she was asked if she wanted a dress or a suit, I don't think Wendy was envisioning pants, so she said that it didn't matter. Later, when she saw the pants, she seemed to be honestly shocked. Anyway, that's my interpretation. 

I was about to say the same thing.  I have a couple of friends who came here from Russia.  I find that sometimes words that we use commonly that have a couple of different meanings, they don’t understand.  Perhaps Kristina thinks “suit” means pants as in a men’s suit.  Obviously Wendy thinks of a women’s suit as jacket and skirt as you’ve said.  It was a communication issue not necessarily “lying” in my opinion.  Also, I liked Coral’s dress the best, but not in that color.  As a blonde, nude, ivory, and beige really wash me out and washed that lady out too whomever she was.  That dress would have looked beautiful in a jewel tone and may have won.

• Love 20
52 minutes ago, Pop Tart said:

potomac reunion.jpeg

I just want to take a pin to all those balloons.

21 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

She has her own fashion line.  It shouldn't be surprising that she can walk.  I wasn't impressed by her walk though.  I LOVED Luann's, Gizelle's, Wendy's.  

I'm pretty sure there are probably more designers who can't walk than can!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, lark37 said:
23 minutes ago, Jodithgrace said:

I was about to say the same thing.  I have a couple of friends who came here from Russia.  I find that sometimes words that we use commonly that have a couple of different meanings, they don’t understand.  Perhaps Kristina thinks “suit” means pants as in a men’s suit.  Obviously Wendy thinks of a women’s suit as jacket and skirt as you’ve said.  It was a communication issue not necessarily “lying” in my opinion.  Also, I liked Coral’s dress the best, but not in that color.  As a blonde, nude, ivory, and beige really wash me out and washed that lady out too whomever she was.  That dress would have looked beautiful in a jewel tone and may have won.

I get all this, and I don't consider it a bad take.  However, when she was asked by the judges later what she wanted, and said "I wanted a gown" without acknowledging the conversation where the designer literally asked her and she absolutely did not say that, this is where my critical mass side-eye comes from.

Regarding the possible language confusion, I'm not sure what kind "suit" she was possibly agreeing to that could also be counted as a gown.  She ain't Billy Porter.

I agree they did not communicate well.  But Kristina never said "she told me to make pants", which I would have similarly considered a lie. 

• Love 14
16 hours ago, AryasMum said:

Surprise surprise. The “real woman” that has the closest thing to a model figure wins. Again. 

Yeah, and as has been mentioned, Luann actually worked as a model when she was young, so she knew how to work it.

16 hours ago, TexasGal said:

It looked like Chasity’s Grande Dame dress had a crooked zipper in the back?  Unless it was from the fabric getting stuck or whatever she was fixing at the last minute.

I saw that, too, It was meandering all around her butt.

5 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

But y'all, the really tragic thing is that Ramona's (NYC) absence meant a whole new audience was denied the pleasure of her runway walk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZjguCC-zzA

Ha! I mentioned this to my sister, and I don't need to watch the clip...I can replay ever nuance of that "walk" in my memory. And it makes me laugh hysterically every time.

The only RH show I ever watched was RHONY, and that was so long ago that Bethenny and Kelly were still on.  Chasity's reaction to me was so over the top it almost seemed fake, but it was definitely a 13 year old's reaction whether fake or real.

I loved Gina's (?) reaction to the smoking. That was so honest, and she seemed genuine. The rest seemed as fake as their boobs...and I guess their butts?

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
58 minutes ago, Jodithgrace said:

Yeah, but Wendy is a Millennial.  When I hear the word "suit", I always and immediately think of a blazer and pants.

43 minutes ago, Leeds said:

I'm pretty sure there are probably more designers who can't walk than can!

They usually do their own walk at the end of their own show, though.  At least they have more practice than non-designers.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2

The best part of the show, IMO, was the FIERCE dressing down Christian gave to Kristina when she was not paying attention.  Whoa!  The words were few, but combined with his heat seeking missile glare, there's no way she didn't walk away with singed eyebrows. 

There's a reason why Christian is running a multi-million dollar business.

• Useful 1
  • Love 22

I have an on again/off again relationship with the housewives.  This episode reminded me of what I like best about them… I laughed out loud at Shannon’s neuroses, Giselle shading Dr. Wendy (something about how the bigger her smile, the more you know she’s lying), the countess and her cabaret.  I guess what I’m saying is loved this episode. I think it was the most organic execution of a Bravo tie in.

And Team Bones and Miss Shannon for me… she looked great. 

Edited by UMAngela
  • Love 24
2 hours ago, Pop Tart said:

potomac reunion.jpeg

What happened to the "must wear short dresses" edict? The first one is the only one that could be considered a short dress, the others are all long dresses, no matter how high the slit is.

• Love 3

There's an episode I could have done without.  Most of those "Housewives" are hideous looking to me.  I will give them credit, though, for their runway show.  They were having a ball.  I'm not at all surprised that Anna went home.  She took that gorgeous fabric and ruined it - and apparently it wasn't well-made according to Nina.

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, GaT said:

What happened to the "must wear short dresses" edict? The first one is the only one that could be considered a short dress, the others are all long dresses, no matter how high the slit is.

That particular dress code is only for the Real Housewives of Orange County.  The rest of the franchises allow for the housewives to wear gowns, jumpsuits or cocktail dresses.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

That particular dress code is only for the Real Housewives of Orange County.  The rest of the franchises allow for the housewives to wear gowns, jumpsuits or cocktail dresses.  

Oh, I misunderstood, thanks for the info. I wonder why they only have this rule for one show?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, GaT said:

Oh, I misunderstood, thanks for the info. I wonder why they only have this rule for one show?

That is a good question.  I know Orange County is the original housewives show, and the reunions have evolved since its first season.  It could be that the women of Orange County collectively decided they did not want gowns, giant heels and full glam or their production company has forbade it.  The various shows all have different production companies in charge of filming.  These reunion shows take hours to film requiring the women to be in their chosen outfits the whole time.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

I have to confess, I'm not a fan at all of the "Real Housewives" oeuvre.  I've never watched a single episode, but all the clips and promos I've seen are enough to inform me this is not at all a show I'd like.  See also:  anything Kardashian, anything Million Dollar Listing, anything VandePump, or, I guess, any reality show on Bravo with the exception of Project Runway.  All these women are so over the top and exaggerated not only with cosmetics but cosmetic surgery to the point that I few times I wondered if they were actually drag queens.

Either superglue was involved, or Kristina's bodice was better constructed than it appeared, because I cannot figure out how Dr. Wendy's right boob never popped out it its cup.  It was painted on.

And thank you all upthread for clearing up the confusion I had when so much emphasis was made that the garment had to either be a short skirt or pants, no gowns allowed then there showed up all those gowns, on last night's episode as well as in the photo of the RHOP reunion show.  Now I understand that was for OC only. 

The more I see of Bones, the more he's been growing on me.  He's young, but really does carry himself beyond his years.  He didn't get a good initial edit, but he and Christian had a moment last night that clearly indicated they'd made up and were on a good footing.  I think maybe PR wanted to make him something of a villain character, but he just didn't give them material to work with to edit in that direction so they had to give up.

I also think the Kristina/Dr. Wendy stuff was both lies and misunderstandings.  Wendy did tell Kristina to do what she wanted for her aesthetic, and didn't restrict her.  Kristina did ask suit or dress, in her mind thinking suit=pants, and when Wendy said "do what you want" I don't think she really had a thought one way or the other what "suit" meant.  I think, in the grand tradition of narcissists everywhere, she thought everyone thinks as she does, so she shouldn't have had to verbalize "no pants" because who would ever think pants were appropriate?  Kristina rightfully took "do what you want" as carte blanche, but Wendy's follow-on "except for pants" was apparently silent.   Either way, the garment was a disaster.  Would it still have been a disaster if there had been clearer communication and less drama?  Hard to tell.  Kristina looked like a deer caught in the headlights from the beginning, she got bowled over by all the diva bombasity and never got her feet under her. 

Kristina was doomed.  As was Anna, both were out of their depths with this crowd--even though it seemed they were all on their best behavior--and it showed.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
15 hours ago, dmeets said:

Anna really lost her mojo after “Daddy” (gag) got the boot a few episodes back. Oh well.

Gina was very sweet with Anna as well as Kristina. Shame that she wound up with the bottom look, but at least she’s the HW least likely to feel slighted by that. 

Not sure why Andy pretended he’d never seen Shannon with her hair up. I definitely recall her wearing a ponytail before, and not just this season.

Aaron and the editors sure are making a big deal about his always a bridesmaid status, but his edit seems too poor to suggest he’ll win the one that matters.

Would have loved to see the oversized trash bag dress "Daddy" would designed for his housewife.

Anna's look was horrible. She deserved the auf. I don't know Gina, but she was super kind. 

I think Kristina is a one-way monkey. Sheer overlay dress, coat, robe, etc. over pants. She couldn't make the dress, so she made that ill-conceived scarf. Her garment had a terrible fit.

Edited by jackjill89
  • Love 16
18 hours ago, AryasMum said:

Surprise surprise. The “real woman” that has the closest thing to a model figure wins. Again. 

Yeah, and as has been mentioned, Luann actually worked as a model when she was young, so she knew how to work it.

18 hours ago, TexasGal said:

It looked like Chasity’s Grande Dame dress had a crooked zipper in the back?  Unless it was from the fabric getting stuck or whatever she was fixing at the last minute.

I saw that, too, It was meandering all around her butt.

7 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

But y'all, the really tragic thing is that Ramona's (NYC) absence meant a whole new audience was denied the pleasure of her runway walk:

Ha! I mentioned this to my sister, and I don't need to watch the clip...I can replay ever nuance of that "walk" in my memory. And it makes me laugh hysterically every time.

The only RH show I ever watched was RHONY, and that was so long ago that Bethenny and Kelly were still on.  Chasity's reaction to me was so over the top it almost seemed fake, but it was definitely a 13 year old's reaction whether fake or real.

I loved Gina's (?) reaction to the smoking. That was so honest, and she seemed genuine. The rest seemed as fake as their boobs...and I guess their butts?

ETA: Forgot to ask -- what was up with Elaine's* white Wellies???

*almost went with Welteroth for the alliteration.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, UMAngela said:

I have an on again/off again relationship with the housewives.  This episode reminded me of what I like best about them… I laughed out loud at Shannon’s neuroses, Giselle shading Dr. Wendy (something about how the bigger her smile, the more you know she’s lying), the countess and her cabaret.  I guess what I’m saying is loved this episode. I think it was the most organic execution of a Bravo tie in.

And Team Bones and Miss Shannon for me… she looked great. 

I really wanted to see more of the interaction between Bones and Shannon - I thought their chemistry was hysterical and wish he would make cameos on the OC show or something... 

• Love 18
5 minutes ago, FlyingEgret said:

I really wanted to see more of the interaction between Bones and Shannon - I thought their chemistry was hysterical and wish he would make cameos on the OC show or something... 

I would watch the hell out of a Bones & Shannon travelogue show!

• Love 13

I watch all the real housewives shows (please don’t judge, we all need our vices) and I so enjoyed this episode.

The contestants who were all excited and those who had no idea who the Real Housewives are was entertaining.

I  hope those who knew nothing were provided pictures/videos of previous reunion looks; otherwise an extreme disadvantage for them.

I thought Aaron should have won (always the bridesmaid). That outfit was so Giselle but actually fashionable for once.

Coral was incredibly lucky Leah loved her outfit. Ironically, Coral ended up designing a dress that was so “Leah”.

Edited by Stats Queen
  • Love 12

Never seen any version of Real Housewives and after this episode I doubt that's going to change any time soon.  The screaming and screeching during the runway show was ridiculous.  

I loved Bones and his Housewife together, and I loved the dress he created.  She looked great.   Kristina and Wendy were a match made in hell; Anna's outfit was just puzzling. Not good.

• Love 12
54 minutes ago, FlyingEgret said:

I think that would be awesome. I enjoyed it as well.

He also made Shannon look fabulous and not frumpy - he really understood her. I hope she retains him at a minimum for for styling advice.

I find it interesting that no Real Housewives of Atlanta were present. I think that was a really good choice because it would be disrespectful of this contestants to be forced to create something so tacky with so, so, so much boobage. JHMO

Edited by Stats Queen
Forgot about RHOA
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, JapMo said:

The best part of the show, IMO, was the FIERCE dressing down Christian gave to Kristina when she was not paying attention.  Whoa!  The words were few, but combined with his heat seeking missile glare, there's no way she didn't walk away with singed eyebrows. 

His snatching that purse out of her hands was real

• Love 15
10 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Bwahaha!  I bet Ramona spent eons explaining to her "60-plus Best Friends" WHY Project Runway didn't choose HER for this episode.  🤔  (Wonder if Andy C. had anything to do with that.  Those 2 deserve each other!)

RHONYC is the only franchise that I watch.  Mainly because I'm a New Yorker and it's fun to see familiar locales.  🗽

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

I'm watching now. Kristina needs to grow a thicker skin if she's ever going to have clients. Dr. Karen was not unreasonable in her comments about her outfit. In fact she was tactful as that outfit did not look good on her at the fitting. It showed a lot of skin on top but was not at all flattering to her. Plus the pants part was weird.

• Love 8

On runway day the housewives walked in all done up with full faces and yet they still them go to the makeup room. I was certain they would skip it but they just piled more on. 

Overall, the final results were uneven and a bit underwhelming. It's a strange balance because the looks the women wear for the reunion shows aren't really tasteful or fashionable. They are loud and sparkling without subtlety meant to grab as much attention as possible. They are pageant dresses' older slutty sister. It doesn't work in the favor of minimalist designers. 

For the question up thread asking what Octavio would have created, he'd probably do well since he has experience working with clients. 

• Love 12
19 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I know some hated it, but I LOOOOOOOOVED the housewives modelling and all of the designers screaming at them.  That made the show 100x more fun than it usually is.  And it was very believable to me.  It was two of my favourite shows colliding. 

Same. I hope they do this again but maybe for a non-reunion look.

• Love 7

So, Kristina flees the workroom, weeping disconsolate tears at receiving criticism for her design, yet she feels free to call Dr. Wendy a diva? Alrighty then.

I feel I see a variation of the same dress from Chastity every week.

I spent the whole episode trying to remember Bones' name. I'd blame the long break between eps, but, as I spend every week trying to remember who Coral is, I'm gonna say it's just that all the designers this season, and their designs, are just that forgettable.

No quibbles over Anna leaving. That design was awful, for any occasion. But I wouldn't have had any quibbles over Kristina leaving, either. Or Coral. I understand this is a design competition and staying in is the most important thing to the designers, but jeezalou, not giving your client anything she asked for is not cool, even if she ultimately liked your design. Christian's "You didn't give her anything?" said it all. Why she liked that color I'll never know. It couldn't have been duller.

• Love 10

I thought Aaron should have won. Shantell's dress was fine, but it didn't seem all that original to me. Or if it was, I couldn't tell from watching a black dress on a laptop screen.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Lamb18 said:

I'm watching now. Kristina needs to grow a thicker skin if she's ever going to have clients. Dr. Karen was not unreasonable in her comments about her outfit. In fact she was tactful as that outfit did not look good on her at the fitting. It showed a lot of skin on top but was not at all flattering to her. Plus the pants part was weird.

There's someone in my family who is a designer and they had major PTSD watching this, and they're one of the toughest people that I know!  I think people think that being a designer and pleasing a client is so much easier than it is.  People in the arts are often treated like garbage because 1) so many people think that it's not a real skill, and that "anyone can do it" and 2) so many people think that they don't deserve money for their work.  It's not like being a plumber.  EVERYONE thinks that they're an expert in the arts.  Also, art is personal to the artist.  Criticizing someone's art is like criticizing them.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 14
8 hours ago, StillHere said:

Aaron's taste level is also too poor to suggest he'll win the one that matters. 

Agreed. Yet, I think dressing the Housewives was a perfect opportunity to showcase his taste level (and still no win).

Loved Luann's look and hated Shannon's! The hair pulled back was aging and the dress fit too snugly across the stomach. Coral's gamble was hilarious.  Ignoring your client and pleasing yourself is an excellent business decision!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Lamb18 said:

Bones's comment about Anna being off--I think Anna was affected by the collision with the scaffolding, maybe a concussion.

I have always thought the same.  I think they should have let her leave and come back for another season.  She never did well after the incident and the judges felt too responsible to criticize her.

59 minutes ago, nb360 said:

Same. I hope they do this again but maybe for a non-reunion look.

I would love that!  And bring on more Housewives!  Luann and Gizelle can come back anytime!

2 minutes ago, adore said:

Loved Luann's look and hated Shannon's! The hair pulled back was aging and the dress fit too snugly across the stomach. Coral's gamble was hilarious.  Ignoring your client and pleasing yourself is an excellent business decision!

Honestly, for PR, it kind of is.  The judges pretend that they are about how the client feels, but they don't.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I have always thought the same.  I think they should have let her leave and come back for another season.  She never did well after the incident and the judges felt too responsible to criticize her.

I would love that!  And bring on more Housewives!  Luann and Gizelle can come back anytime!

Honestly, for PR, it kind of is.  The judges pretend that they are about how the client feels, but they don't.

It definitely is for PR! Just not sure if that approach will work so well outside of reality tv.

• Love 1