Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E10: The Housewives

• Start Topic

Bravo's real housewives of Potomac, Orange County and New York City bring their signature attitudes to the catwalk for a client challenge like no other; emotions run high as each designer is paired with a housewife to create a reunion show look.

Original air date: January 6, 2022

Well, it was clear halfway through who was going home.  Although that other designer making a beige dress for someone who wanted jewel tones…say what?The Housewife wanted to be a princess but the designer said she’d be a boss or something…. She looked like she was coming back from the beach and all sandy.  

• Love 23

I watch NYC and OC but not Potomac so I didn’t know what to expect because some of these housewives can be horrible women (Leah), but I thought everyone was nice. And Leah did look washed out in that color dress. 
Christina over reacted, running outside crying, I didn’t think Dr. Wendy was mean or anything. She wanted to show off her new boobs, boy did she ever! I thought it was ill fitting. Christina was lucky Anna’s was worse. Her design looked goth and those sleeves reminded me of those tops you saw in 80’s music videos. 
Poor Aaron, always a bridesmaid. His design was nice but Chantal’s was better, very classy. 

Edited by Straycat80
  • Love 24

Again poor Aaron didn't win.  Now he's noticing it too!  God..he said 6 times he was on top without winning.  That's got to be a new record. Maybe they're setting him up to win.

I really think Shantel is very good though..she's probably the winner.

• Love 19

Never seen a Housewife episode!! I liked Aaron's, he really listened. Poor Bones, hard to work with all the restraints. The Spanx bit was hilarious. Didn't like Chantal's at all, bi-polar dress. I would have been fine with both Anna and Christina leaving. 

• Love 18

Aaron should have won. Shannon had her insecurities on full display; she’s a drama queen and generally annoys the crap out of me. Bones handled her very well and she looked good.

Can’t stand Wendy and her outfit was so ill-fitting. Plus I don’t know why she’s so proud of her gross store-bought boobs.

Anna was a good choice to go home. That outfit was not at all flattering.

• LOL 1
  • Love 23

I don’t watch any of the housewife shows but the cheering like these women cured world hunger was too much . Anna’s dress was terrible and wouldn’t fit in with a bunch of runway dresses. I actually thought all the others were fine. Bones did a great job considering his client wanted to be covered up and in black. His outfit and Aaron’s were my favorites. The winning dress was pretty but it didn’t seem original to me. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 23

It looked like Chasity’s Grande Dame dress had a crooked zipper in the back?  Unless it was from the fabric getting stuck or whatever she was fixing at the last minute.

I thought Aaron should have won.  

• Love 17

I don't even know what the Real Housewives show is about, so I was clueless the whole episode. I hate these "real client" episodes because a real client would already know the designer's aesthetic and have chosen them because of it. Random assignment is not how real clients work. It's just done for drama, and not anything to do with design.

• Useful 3
  • Love 10

I'm a huge RHONY fan so this crossover was amazing for me.

It's so clear that they're setting Chantal up for a win (OUT OF NOWHERE) but dammit, I hate admitting it, the judges chose correctly.  Luann is a former model I believe, she's so sexy, her fucking LEGS on that runway, she blew my mind.  Nobody else came close.

I didn't really get the Gizelle outfit at first, but when the judges started talking about it, they kind of sold me.  Gizelle is also a goddess physically, even more beautiful than Luann, so I was disappointed with the look.  She says, Don't make me look like I'm going to the Prom, and Aaron thinks, okay, Bubble gum pink.  And he is just so arrogant, Ah.  But, Gizelle is just soooooooo gorgeous she really sold it in the end.

WHY. DIDN'T. LEAH. HAVE. TO. TRY. ON. HER. DRESS.  I hate Leah (as do 90% of RHONY fans) so that might colour my opinion but WHY?

Kristina and Dr. Wendy were BOTH awful to each other.  Dr. Wendy was manipulative and a liar, but Kristina should learn about racial politics and don't go around calling this woman a Diva on international TV.  Jeez.

I thought that the show was setting Bones up for a major downfall, but hey, they liked his dress.  I'm really unimpressed with him stripping down to his boxers in the workroom.  Yes, the models have to strip but a female designer could never get away with behaving like that.

The lack of breast support KILLED me this episode.  If Dr. Wendy's breasts were supported or cupped the look would have actually been sexy instead of nerve-wracking and Leah's breasts just looked sad.   Give them support, PLEASE.  That's another reason why Luann and Gizelle's looks seemed so much better.

I don't think Chasity's look was that bad, and I wouldn't call it one of the worst.  The right person went home.  I can't believe they chose the right winner and loser, but they did.  I hate Andy Cohen but perhaps he elevated the usually moronic judging.

I didn't find Anna's look to be "goth" at all.  Since when do Goths wear wallpaper?  Do they wear enormous 80s shoulder pads?  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12

Well, since there was no Real Housewives of New York reunion this year we’ll never know if LuAnn would have actually worn the winning design. 
For those of you who don’t watch Potomac, Wendy has a near nip slip in almost episode. If you can get it you should watch this past season’s episode where Karen Huger renews her wedding vows.  Wendy’s gown was being held up by a prayer.

• LOL 10
  • Love 6

Andy Cohen is a “pop culture ICON?????????”  😩. Please.

Aaron’s pink outfit was pretty, but it seemed a little matronly to me with the sparkly pin at the waist and the swoosh of fabric on one hip.  Plus, he seemed overconfident and baggy, which bugged me.  lol

That Dr. Wendy did not tell the truth.  I felt bad for her designer.

The losing design was just weird .  Gina was kind.

Edit:   I liked Leah’s dress, but I SO did not want her to win! 

Edited by Thumper
  • Love 13

It's interesting to see people bash reality stars while watching a reality show...

What are people saying Wendy lied about?  The designer asked if it should be a gown or pants.  Wendy replied that she could make anything as long as she could make it [great].  The designer's look sucked.  How is that Wendy's fault?  

• Love 13

Shantell lucked out getting Luanne, the best body, plus Shantell  is really talented.  Luanne has perfect proportions, fake breasts aren’t oversized like most of them, shows how much the right mannequin matters.  

Leah was like a clod walking down the runway.  Such a mannish walk.  

Edited by Bluesky
Confusing
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
38 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Andy Cohen is a “pop culture ICON?????????”  😩. Please.

Aaron’s pink outfit was pretty, but it seemed a little matronly to me with the sparkly pin at the waist and the swoosh of fabric on one hip.  Plus, he seemed overconfident and baggy, which bugged me.  lol

That Dr. Wendy did not tell the truth.  I felt bad for her designer.

The losing design was just weird .  Gina was kind.

These women have matronly figures except Luanne so Aaron’s was flattering on her.  Bones did a good job giving the client what she wanted, he hid the waist nicely with ruching and made it pretty.  
Dr. Wendy, nobody wants to see your new fake boobs.  Everyone and their mother has them.  

• Love 9

I have never and will never watch a Real Housewives episode so I don't know their names, but the woman wearing Chantal's dress has amazing legs!  Also, Aaron's client is a beautiful woman and that helped his outfit.  If he'd put that on one of the shorter, less attractive housewives I'm curious about where it would've placed.

Anna sure did crash and burn.  I thought she was going all the way.  And while her dress was ugly and made her client look like a linebacker, Christina's top was worse.  The fit on that outfit was terrible (and it's so, so weird that people brag about their plastic surgery like it's an accomplishment!).  We know the judges take past performance into consideration, and it's interesting that they gave Christina the edge.  Had she won more challenges than Anna? 

I hope next week is better.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Anna sure did crash and burn.  I thought she was going all the way.  And while her dress was ugly and made her client look like a linebacker, Christina's top was worse.  The fit on that outfit was terrible (and it's so, so weird that people brag about their plastic surgery like it's an accomplishment!).  We know the judges take past performance into consideration, and it's interesting that they gave Christina the edge.  Had she won more challenges than Anna? 

I doubt that Anna has ever won, whereas I feel like Kristina has won at least twice.

3 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

Christian asked Wendy if she wanted to wear pants, and Wendy replied no (emphatically).  She clearly said “whatever is your aesthetic” when Kristina asked her the same question the day before, so that’s the lie.  

When Wendy and Kristina discussed the outfit:

Kristina:  Does it need to be a gown, or does it need to be a suit?
Wendy:  Whatever you can do.

On the runway:

Andy:  Did Wendy tell you she didn't want to wear pants?
Kristina:  No.
Wendy:  I remember it differently, but that's ok.

Wendy lied, unless they completely edited the show to make it that she did.

3 minutes ago, leocadia said:

The high point (for me) was one of the designers saying "I'm international, so I don't know anything about these housewives".  I'm going to start using that in my everyday conversation.  

Anna.  I thought that was so funny too.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16
51 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Luann is a former model I believe, she's so sexy, her fucking LEGS on that runway, she blew my mind.  Nobody else came close.

In a close-up of the slit (which looked to be perhaps too high when she posed on the runway), the skin on her leg look really rough.  I was surprised.  It looked like my skin, and I expect better from Luann. 

And I thought the outfit made her hips look bigger than they are--on her show, she usually looks slim in the hips, even when rocking white jeans. 

54 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Gina was kind.

I loved it when she chastised those girls for smoking.

50 minutes ago, Koalagirl said:

For those of you who don’t watch Potomac, Wendy has a near nip slip in almost episode.

How would you even know, since it looked like none of the women who had their boobs hanging out even had nipples.  Or not where I'd expect them to be, anyway.

48 minutes ago, Thumper said:

And I don't think she was acting when she said she loved it.  It seems exactly like something she'd wear, color and all.

Just now, LotusFlower said:

Christian asked Wendy if she wanted to wear pants, and Wendy replied no (emphatically).  She clearly said “whatever is your aesthetic” when Kristina asked her the same question the day before, so that’s the lie.  

There was also something on the runway where they were discussing this, and Kristina and Wendy each gave their version of Wendy's comments on a gown vs. pants, and Kristina's version matched what we saw while Wendy's didn't. 

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

When Wendy and Kristina discussed the outfit:

Kristina:  Does it need to be a gown, or does it need to be a suit?
Wendy:  Whatever you can do.

On the runway:

Andy:  Did Wendy tell you she didn't want to wear pants?
Kristina:  No.
Wendy:  I remember it differently, but that's ok.

Wendy lied, unless they completely edited the show to make it that she did.

Also, in the workroom:

Christian: Did you want a pant?

Wendy: No

Which followed, from the day before (again, in the workroom):

Kristina: Should it be a dress, or can it be a suit?

Wendy: Whatever is your aesthetic....that I will look good in.

Wendy = liar, diva.  Also = not an “advocate” for her designer during judging.  Witch.

• Love 11

I only watch NJ and BH—I wish Teresa (or Marge!) was included, not just because I (inexplicably) love her, but because I wanted to see her galumphing down the runway. I don’t know who I’d want from BH though—maybe Sutton?

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
57 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

I don't think it's a lie; I think it's a misunderstanding.  Wendy expressed to the judges that for a reunion she wouldn't wear pants.  When Wendy was consulting with the designer, the designer asked dress or suit.  Wendy then expressed that the designer could do what she wanted just make it [great].  Wendy also expressed that she wanted the compromise and let the designer go with whatever was her strong suit.  People are looking at things more nefarious than they actually are.  Since the challenge was a Housewives reunion look challenge, Wendy probably took it for granted that the designers would all know the aesthetic for Housewives reunions.  I also want to acknowledge that producers of Project Runway definitely wants some of the drama that comes from these misunderstandings.  I don't think Wendy went in with the intention to have an issue.

• Love 12

I was really touched by Luann and Chantal hugging at the end.  Luann looked SO happy.  She was such a gracious client.  

I was also touched by Anna doing "the flower" and giggling after.  So sweet.

I know some hated it, but I LOOOOOOOOVED the housewives modelling and all of the designers screaming at them.  That made the show 100x more fun than it usually is.  And it was very believable to me.  It was two of my favourite shows colliding.  I totally buy that the designers were starstruck and having a blast. (Unlike when they have social media "stars" on or some random teen on from some show and the designers are clearly reading a script about why this is great.)  I never expected the crossover and I was so pleased.  It was so up my alley.  The housewives took so much pleasure in their looks and their walks, even Dr. Wendy who had a horrible collaboration and apparently hated her outfit.  So I thought the episode was so much fun!

I just wish that it wasn't Leah!  Anyone else, please!  Garcelle from RHOBH would have been amazing!  

I don't know anything about Gina but she endeared herself to me.  I too enjoyed the "smoke break" and her reactions.  She was very nice.  I just hate how she refused to wear her jackets on her arms.  That's what Anna should have made for her.  Some outfit and some damn jacket she could rest on her shoulders because that is clearly the style she likes.

Here's Garcelle from RHOBH on Italian Vogue - Yes Honey... ITALIAN VOGUE BABY

110956970_3414644071920844_5076857807150047511_n.jpeg

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 22

For me, this was a fun episode because I watch RHoPotomac and have seen RHNY.  I thought most of the looks turned out well.  Having seen Gizelle in some interesting fashions over the years, I was very impressed with the design Aaron made for her.  I think it worked and she felt great in it.  It's too bad that both Kristina and Anna were done in by miscommunication with their clients.  Anna's client was super kind and went along with Anna's ideas, even though it wasn't flattering or appropriate for her reunion.  I was hoping Kristina would fix the bodice on Dr. Wendy's top, after the fitting.  A tiny bit more fabric would have showcased her new assets with more style and class.  

• Love 5
45 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

Also, in the workroom:

Christian: Did you want a pant?

Wendy: No

Which followed, from the day before (again, in the workroom):

Kristina: Should it be a dress, or can it be a suit?

Wendy: Whatever is your aesthetic....that I will look good in.

Wendy = liar, diva.  Also = not an “advocate” for her designer during judging.  Witch.

It didn't look good though, which is the point of the show.  Had it looked good, Wendy would have possibly liked it and said something to the effect of, "I normally wouldn't wear a suit, but this is so great it changed my mind!". The outfit wasn't in the bottom two because Wendy said she wouldn't wear pants; it was in the bottom two because it wasn't good.  It's also the job of the designer to probe more and have better communication to understand what they're designing for.  The women all had look books.  I'm unsure if the designers had access to their phones or a computer but the designer could have also looked at what other women have worn.  

Edited by Talented Tenth
  • Love 9

Anna really lost her mojo after “Daddy” (gag) got the boot a few episodes back. Oh well.

Gina was very sweet with Anna as well as Kristina. Shame that she wound up with the bottom look, but at least she’s the HW least likely to feel slighted by that. 

Not sure why Andy pretended he’d never seen Shannon with her hair up. I definitely recall her wearing a ponytail before, and not just this season.

Aaron and the editors sure are making a big deal about his always a bridesmaid status, but his edit seems too poor to suggest he’ll win the one that matters.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

I don't watch any of the Housewives shows, so I didn't love this episode. It also looked like a lot of the designers had no idea what to do with big boobs, the tops all looked like would fall off. 

• Love 6
49 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

You asked what the lie was though.  Whether Kristina made the world's best or worst outfit it doesn't detract from Dr. Wendy lying.

She didn't lie.  Her personal aesthetic isn't pants but she wanted the designer to create whatever she felt she could do the best.  Misunderstandings and miscommunications aren't lies.  She never led that designer to believe that she wanted pants nor did she ask for them.

• Love 12
7 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Kristina and Dr. Wendy were BOTH awful to each other.  Dr. Wendy was manipulative and a liar, but Kristina should learn about racial politics and don't go around calling this woman a Diva on international TV. 

Kristina calling someone else a Diva while sobbing about getting her widdle feelings hurt was hilarious, IMO.

I thought Bones did the best job.  His client looked great in that and he added some needed flair with the feathers.  Coral lucked out big time, but I think nude fabric needs some sparkle to keep it from looking drab.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 19

I thought it was weird how they didn't really discuss that every Housewives reunion has a color theme of some sort. So like GIzelle and Karen's outfits would never be on the same reunion because they would be too dissimilar in terms of color story. It would've made more sense if each city had pre-determined color parameters because that's one of the real restraints.

I did find it hilarious when Gina was talking to the designers outside, and was all, "Wait, is smoking back? Why are you two smoking?'

• Useful 6
  • LOL 4
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, Talented Tenth said:

She didn't lie.  Her personal aesthetic isn't pants but she wanted the designer to create whatever she felt she could do the best.  Misunderstandings and miscommunications aren't lies.  She never led that designer to believe that she wanted pants nor did she ask for them.

She did, however, give the impression that pants would be fine, while on the runway she said she'd never wear pants to a reunion.

I figured Kristina would be in trouble from the get-go.  Her loose, multi-layer outfits are so not the Housewives' style, and Kristina has already shown she is not willing to compromise her aesthetic.

• Love 12
7 hours ago, Talented Tenth said:

Since the challenge was a Housewives reunion look challenge, Wendy probably took it for granted that the designers would all know the aesthetic for Housewives reunions.

For me, therein lies part of the problem. When you have international contestants like Anna and Kristina who have never watched the show, nor apparently have ever watched American reality shows which have "Reunion episodes" you end up with designers like Bones, Aaron, and Chasity who know exactly what the brief is looking for and you have folks like Kristina and Anna who have no idea. I've never watched Real Housewives, but it seems like reunion shows for this franchise are fairly specific in aesthetic and design. So while I definitely agree there were some communication issues, Anna and Kristina were starting from further back on the line in their understanding of what they were being asked for.  Neither are my favorite, so I don't actually care that Anna went home, but for me this challenge was a little unbalanced. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 13

Every designer comes to the show with a knowledge base and a skillset though.  There are always designers who declare that they only do ready to wear, or they never do menswear, or blah blah blah.  Anna said she's never had a CLIENT.  How is that possible?!  But designers always come and make these grand declarative statements about what they do or don't do.  If they don't know about the Housewives, that's just one of the many examples that the show can't exactly plan or account for.

I agree, it would have been wonderful for PR to show them some Housewives reunion clips and give them more of a brief, but since when does PR ever care to educate the designers?

The rules that the Real Housewives franchise impose on the women for these reunions is disgusting.  Is RHOC really not allowed to wear long dresses?  That's really sick.  And why do they need colour stories?  There's something really Handmaid's Tale about all of this.  Some of the recent reunions were all on Zoom anyway.  None of this matters.  It's so dumb.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 7

I land on the "misunderstanding/miscommunication" side of the Wendy design issue.  Saying you're OK with a suit "if it makes you look good" is not the same as saying you're ok with pants.  Many women's suits are not pants. Heck the winning design was half suit/half lingerie and it was dress, even the suit side.  Plus, as others pointed out it was not a good design and did not make her look good. 

• Love 12

It was almost like Wendy wanted Kristina to fail.  Why, I don't know, because it's really weird to me.  If you want your designer to do a good job, overcommunicate.  How does undercommunicating, being evasive, being confusing, being vague, and using semantics games help the situation?  Very, very odd.

I suppose it was up to Kristina to read Dr. Wendy's mind, and to feel through osmosis that Dr. Wendy never wanted to wear pants, and that Dr. Wendy didn't actually need to say that.  Ok!

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 18