Type keyword(s) to search

Single Drunk Female - General Discussion

• Start Topic

To anybody who has seen all of Season 2: how did "Group of Drunks" end? My streaming provider jumped to live tv so I never got to see the end credits. The last thing I saw was Sam and Darby on the roof the morning after Sam was locked out of her apartment. I get the feeling that the end of their conversation was cut off.

I hate when streaming services do that; Amazon Prime did that to me at the end of an episode of Outer Range 

Spoiler

just before somebody pushed Josh Brolin into that time hole.

so I had to turn auto advance off.

Chances are I didn't miss much but, like with Outer Range  there's always a chance it might be something important.

Edited by NeenerNeener
On 4/23/2023 at 11:40 AM, NeenerNeener said:

To anybody who has seen all of Season 2: how did "Group of Drunks" end? My streaming provider jumped to live tv so I never got to see the end credits. The last thing I saw was Sam and Darby on the roof the morning after Sam was locked out of her apartment. I get the feeling that the end of their conversation was cut off.

I hate when streaming services do that; Amazon Prime did that to me at the end of an episode of Outer Range 

Reveal spoiler

just before somebody pushed Josh Brolin into that time hole.

so I had to turn auto advance off.

Chances are I didn't miss much but, like with Outer Range  there's always a chance it might be something important.

Darby gave Sam some gifts. At the point where Hulu wanted me to go to the next show, this is what was said

Spoiler

Sam: Maybe I would look good with red hair?
Darby: Let's do it!
Sam: Really?
Darby: I'll start with my eyebrows!

and that was the end.

I just finished watching the season (I got distracted by some other shows) and I liked season 2. I really liked the Sam-Felicia-Brit friend group and how they played off of each other.

I also actually liked Bob this season.

On 5/3/2023 at 6:42 AM, chediavolo said:

Ugh. I’m out. 

?

• Like 3

I have two (?) episodes to go and hope Busy Phillips' role is kept to a minimum. I feel most invested in James this season and want him to do well! I was so anxious when he got up to speak at his church - I was expecting judgment and was worried about his mother's reaction.

I can't tell if it's the character of Carol, or the way Ally Sheedy is playing her, but she seems...off somehow. Like she's a parody of someone who's really anal retentive.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, archer1267 said:

I can't tell if it's the character of Carol, or the way Ally Sheedy is playing her, but she seems...off somehow. Like she's a parody of someone who's really anal retentive.

I could not stand her or the way AS played her in season 1. She never matched the vibe. She's better this season though imo.

9 hours ago, archer1267 said:

I have two (?) episodes to go and hope Busy Phillips' role is kept to a minimum. I feel most invested in James this season and want him to do well! I was so anxious when he got up to speak at his church - I was expecting judgment and was worried about his mother's reaction.

Yeah - Busy Phillips' character felt off to me. I did not like her very much - she was a bit too spacey.

I think it is the character of Carol - she needs Bob back! I didn't really like Bob in the first season, but I warmed up to him this season.

After a slow start I thought this season was very good. I like that Sam has had to deal with ups and downs while sober. It could have been so easy for the writers to have her drink again. I am glad they avoided that.

Busy Phillips character is just too over the top.  Some of the advice she gave Sam was good, but I would have preferred a more low key approach, like her first sponsor.

Carol always grew this season. I don’t love the character but at least she gained some self-awareness.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Dminches said:

After a slow start I thought this season was very good. I like that Sam has had to deal with ups and downs while sober. It could have been so easy for the writers to have her drink again. I am glad they avoided that.

Busy Phillips character is just too over the top.  Some of the advice she gave Sam was good, but I would have preferred a more low key approach, like her first sponsor.

Carol always grew this season. I don’t love the character but at least she gained some self-awareness.

I 100% agree on Busy Phillips character - she is way too exaggerated.

(edited)

Damn. I guess shows I like on Freeform always get cancelled after two seasons. Everything's Gonna Be Okay, Single Drunk Female, I wonder what's going to be next?

At least the finale had sort of enough to wrap it up? People were in decentish places

Edited by bros402
  • Like 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

No surprise it was getting canceled when the second season in full dropped on Hulu.

Yeah - if they had just dropped the whole season on Hulu at once, sure, I could see them switching it to a streaming only show (like how The Bear is an FX show, but it is streaming only). Once they said it was going to be airing on Freeform over two months... yeah, I knew that this was gonna be the last season.

Edited by bros402