Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
peachmangosteen

Single Drunk Female

A public flame-out at a New York media company forces 20-something alcoholic Samantha Fink to seize the only chance she has to sober up and avoid jail time: moving back home with her overbearing mother, Carol. Back in Greater Boston, Samantha restarts her life, working at the local grocery store while surrounded by all of the triggers that made her drink in the first place. Confronted with remnants of her old life, including run-ins with her perfect former best friend, who is now dating her ex, Samantha sets out on a path to move past her worst self and figure out her best self. Kinda.

• Like 1

Single Drunk Female is a ten episodes half-hour dramedy series on Freeform.

Single Drunk Female will debut with back-to-back episodes on Thursday, Jan. 20, starting at 10 p.m. After its premiere, the series will air new episodes Thursdays at 10:30 p.m. on Freeform, following “grown-ish.” 
FF_SDF_S1_KeyArt_HR_XTag.jpg?q=50&fit=cr
160084_SDF_Sofia.jpg
imgonline-com-ua-resize-KEEzKMkO1sqr4H.j

Single Drunk Female is a dramedy, where 20-something alcoholic, Samantha Fink (Sofia Black-D’Elia), a writer, who has  a public flame-out at a New York media company which forces Samantha Fink to seize the only chance she has to sober up and avoid jail time: by moving back home with her sober, overbearing Smother, Carol (Ally Sheedy) in Boston. Back in Greater Boston, Samantha Fink restarts her life, working at the local grocery store while surrounded by all of the triggers that made her drink in the first place. Confronted with remnants of her old life, including run-ins with her perfect former best friend, who is now dating her ex, Samantha Fink realizes she can no longer qualify as a party girl—she’s a walking disaster. Samantha Fink sets out on a path to move past her worst self and figure out her best self. Kinda. 
158039_0040.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=750&dpr=
160216_0155.jpg
160084_SDF_Group_Final1.jpg

The rest of the cast includes:

Rebecca Henderson as Olivia, a brilliant melancholic lesbian who works as one of The Greeters at AA. Smart as a whip with an acerbic wit, Olivia is a highly regarded, Peabody award-winning PBS journalist known for her program “Off the Docs.”

Lily Mae Harrington as Felicia, Samantha’s fun and fearless drinking companion who is always counting down the days until Samantha is out of rehab so they can meet up at their favorite local bar.

Garrick Bernard as James, an isolating, high-functioning drunk who works in the tech industry.  Whereas Samantha is on a downward spiral, James is merely experiencing a very slow and tedious decline.

Sasha Compère as Brit, her childhood former best friend forever.

Madeline Wise as Stephanie.

Jojo Brown as Mindy.
FH84j3HWQAQk3qK?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1

On 1/4/2022 at 3:00 PM, AnimeMania said:

Single Drunk Female is a ten episodes half-hour dramedy series on Freeform.

Never heard of Freeform. Is it another "pay for" channel? I think I might like this show but not willing to pay. 

3 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Never heard of Freeform. Is it another "pay for" channel? I think I might like this show but not willing to pay. 

I think it’s included in most basic cable/satellite packages. I have neither, but it is included with my Hulu. It used to be called ABC family and is owned by Disney.