Type keyword(s) to search

S33.E01: We’re Back! LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Just now, iMonrey said:

The problem with recruited players - they maybe aren't familiar enough with the show to recognize the clue.

Kim and Penn are real TAR fans.  I don't know if they applied or were recruited, but they are legit TAR fans. 

• Love 4
Just now, iMonrey said:

The problem with recruited players - they maybe aren't familiar enough with the show to recognize the clue.

You mean the one that "THE AMAZING RACE"   Unless they're unclear what show they were recruited to it's pretty obvious.   Maybe it needs to say "THE AMAZING RACE.  OPEN ME.  THIS MEANS YOU.   DUMBASS."

• LOL 6
1 minute ago, Lamb18 said:

When people say "twins" I think of the Minnesota Twins.

If they make it past this leg, I’ll think of them as “twinnys,” with the emphasis on “NY.”

Oh, right . . . Brexit. Clever producers!

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 2

I guess "It's on my jacket!" isn't a great way to determine which countries are in the EU.

I'm surprised the judge is telling them what is wrong, that a cake isn't in the EU, instead of just "no".

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
Just now, chaifan said:

I'm surprised the judge is telling them what is wrong, that a cake isn't in the EU, instead of just "no".

I would imagine it's because they can't just have hundreds of cakes ready for the racers to decorate.

• Useful 1
Just now, iMonrey said:

Darts is the more dangerous choice because they might never finish it. You'd eventually get the cakes just by observing what the other teams decorated when they passed.

Goes back to the good ol' days of TAR where there were definite pros and cons of each choice.  Darts is risky, but if you can get it you're out of there asap, like Team Wrongfully Convicted.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, iMonrey said:

Darts is the more dangerous choice because they might never finish it. You'd eventually get the cakes just by observing what the other teams decorated when they passed.

I think both have their pros and cons.

Cake Pros: You can observe other racers, you get told if you're right or wrong.

Cake Cons: It's gonna take time and precision, if you get the cake wrong in other ways, you have to start over

Darts Pros: You can just keep shooting over and over and over again in a short amount of time so there's more of a speed advantage

Dart Cons: There's a chance of the both of you never hitting the bullseye in the same round

• Love 2

Did we just have a School for the Gifted door moment with the twins?

I would have done the same thing.  Here in the states public doors have to open out for fire safety, not in.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

Okay, both flight attendants have painful vocal fry.

I hate vocal fry, but have to disagree here.  The one with the glasses doesn't really have it.  The other one goes in and out of vocal fry mode.  But hers is still relatively light compared to a lot of other people I've seen on tv. 

Just now, Lady Calypso said:

And that is why I'd never race with my sister. We're not twins, but we wouldn't race well without arguing and fighting the entire time.

Yeah, my sis and I love each other but would have killed each other during the audition process.

• LOL 2