Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Eye Of The Deep

I'm really wondering about those drawings.  I agree that Jack seemed to be trying to make sense of them, mining them for information or something.  I wonder if there could be something not even associated with the murder of Sonya's sister that Jack is looking for.  Maybe something he and his brother were involved in before his brother's brain was mangled by the bullet, and his brother never got to pass along some crucial information to him.  Oh well, it's fun to speculate, anyway.

Like a stash of cash?

Yes, scrb, I agree that the writer's can't allow the Juarez PD to be cleaned up.

I'm really wondering about those drawings.  I agree that Jack seemed to be trying to make sense of them, mining them for information or something.  I wonder if there could be something not even associated with the murder of Sonya's sister that Jack is looking for.  Maybe something he and his brother were involved in before his brother's brain was mangled by the bullet, and his brother never got to pass along some crucial information to him.  Oh well, it's fun to speculate, anyway.

Wasn't one like a tiger? I don't recall any tiger imagery previously. Anyone?

Yes, I remember seeing a tiger's head. It looked as if Jack was trying to put the separate drawings together into one big drawing, or moving them around into different positions to see if something popped out at him, but nothing yet. I agree that Sonya is bound to notice if anything is out of place by a quarter inch. 

With regards to the crypt - was Marco's son's body lying out in the open? Or was it behind glass? Either way, wouldn't it rot at some point? (Or are we supposed to think he spent a lot of money to have it preserved like, say, Lenin's corpse?)

No, the son's body was in a glass coffin. The first shot or so of the corpse looked as if it was out in the open, but then there was a shot of Fausto leaning on the glass top. And he would have had to have it preserved, even under glass. He is into taxidermy, as someone mentioned above. 

I understand that Fausto having the kind of pull to get Marco in the prison seems like a stretch, but there is so much corruption in the prison system that I can buy it. Lots of correction officers help smuggle in Illegal drugs, cell phones, and other contraband into prisons across the country every day. Fausto having dealers and contacts in multiple prisons is very plausible.

I think so as well, for all the reasons you say. Fausto sells a great deal of his merchandise in the US, and a prison that close to the border would provide business. Also, given the nature of the drug trade, there are probably plenty of prisoners who were working for Fausto when they were arrested. 

I would like less gore and more story as well. Gus's death was horrible, yet no violence or gore was needed to bring the tragedy across. I think the producers have been watching too much Sons of Anarchy

Wasn't there a tiger in the pilot? In the scene where Marco goes to the drug lord's estate, to basically ask permission to work on the bridge case? There was some sort of big cat in a cage, if I'm recalling correctly.

(I don't remember if the drug lord in question was Fausto.)

• Love 1

Wasn't there a tiger in the pilot? In the scene where Marco goes to the drug lord's estate, to basically ask permission to work on the bridge case? There was some sort of big cat in a cage, if I'm recalling correctly.(I don't remember if the drug lord in question was Fausto.)

So maybe the brother is looking for a stash of drugs?
I agree that the writer's can't allow the Juarez PD to be cleaned up.

it's going to take more than one lone prosecutor to root out all the corruption. It involves practically all levels of society, not just the local Juarez PD.

I think this show has gotten better. I really liked this episode.

Lulee,

Ref. the the drawings from Sonya's sister's killer that showed a tiger.  As I recall there was also a picture of a tiger's head on the card that was pulled out of the pant pocket of a corpse.  I'm trying to recall who pulled it out of the dead man's pocket.  Was it Sonya or Marco?  Someone help me out, please.  I think it was Sonya.  The card read "Sorcery" and had a picture of tiger on it.   I think it was someone the psycho lady had killed.  Did she place it there?  I'll have to replay it.

I'm not really wild about trying to interrupt the drawings from Sonya's sister's killer.  It's so overdone in these type of shows.  Usually, it ends up not making much sense and being so far fetched that it's more annoying than helpful.  But, other than that, I really like the direction things are going.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe

It bothers me that they didn't get a native speaker to translate Galvan's message. In plural form rats are female even if they are in fact male so it should be las ratas and that is IF you are in a specific culture where the thievery part is expressed as rat which IS slang for thief but could mean something else. So use the word thief for thief which is ladrone. Also the tense is translated differently. What it says is "This is what will happen to all the rats." Not "This is what happens to thieves." I don't get why they just didn't translate it as what it actually says. This is what happens to thieves would be " Esto es lo que le pasa a ladrones."

It bothers me that they didn't get a native speaker to translate Galvan's message. In plural form rats are female even if they are in fact male so it should be las ratas and that is IF you are in a specific culture where the thievery part is expressed as rat which IS slang for thief but could mean something else. So use the word thief for thief which is ladrone. Also the tense is translated differently. What it says is "This is what will happen to all the rats." Not "This is what happens to thieves." I don't get why they just didn't translate it as what it actually says. This is what happens to thieves would be " Esto es lo que le pasa a ladrones."

I don't recall exactly, but when he said "ratas," wasn't he referring to someone who snitched? Would that work in as slang in Mexican Spanish? Edited by shapeshifter