Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Those Chops Pop / S02:E04: Ghosts of Boyfriends Past

Mr. Sparkle
  • Start Topic

Monday, January 10th. 

E03: Kenan struggles to define his personal and professional relationship with Mika. Rick searches for his passion and makes an unexpected enemy..

E04: Kenan believes he should help Mika with her boyfriend troubles, whether she needs it or not. Pam and Gary have a crush on the same woman and risk their friendship to be with her.

It seems like the show is trying to move away from the family friendly nature of it's first season and into a more mature and edgy aspect for it's second season. The show was sold as Kenan the wonderful dad, now you barely realize that he has children. I think this is a mistake, there are few shows were a family can watch together, I think they should have continued to lean into that demographic, since that is the kind of comedy that Kenan excels in, being silly. The show seems to be pivoting into a weird work place comedy, instead on an overwhelmed dad struggling to provide a normal home life for his two daughters.

• Love 4

Really happy they ended the Kenan/Mika romance they teased last season.  And I liked seeing them giving Mika her props as the producer and Kenan was way out of pocket to undermine her authority that way.

I am liking Tammy more and more each episode.  So much better than last season

They really need to find something for Rick to do.  I hope Vanessa Williams makes another appearance.

Liked all the shout outs to the Divine nine.  I am glad nothing was wrong with Mika's too good to be true boyfriend and that it was all her.  I hope he comes back.  He's kinda cute.  And I would have totally been Pam making sure to order the expensive stuff to go while it was still possible he was paying.  This was the most I've liked Pam since the start of the show.

• Love 3