Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: Lost

• Start Topic

I would think keeping Sharif Atkins would be mainly on him deciding to spend extended time in Hawaii as opposed to traveling to all the mainland production centers for jobs. The franchise itself always had the couple of techs in the cast. 

Anthony Ruvivar is a native of Hawaii so I guess Jane's ex will make some more appearances coming up.

• Useful 1

I really liked that last scene between Jane and her ex.  Their chemistry is entirely believable as divorced parents.  The tension was palpable, and I thought it was well done by both actors.  Boy oh boy, do they know how to push each others buttons, and you could see them doing it from habit, then deliberately pulling back because each of them wanted this conversation to be constructive for the sake of their son.

I am now 100% on board with Vanessa Minnillo and the character Jane.  Jane is also different from the other NCIS leads, and comes with a quiet strength rather than bombastic leadership.  I liked her scene with the hospital administrator where Jane firmly steered the administrator into giving her what she needed, no evasion or stonewalling allowed, but enough guidance to get the info she needed without the administrator directly giving her info she couldn't or shouldn't disclose.  I also liked how she shut down Ernie's enthusiastic techno-babble with that quiet and sincere "I love your passion for this" which he instantly recognized as "cut to the chase."  With that one line, Jane give Ernie validation and recognition of his expertise, so he doesn't need to take the long way around to show off to his boss, because he knows his skills already valued by her.

• Love 5

I really appreciate the writing for Tennant, her calm yet determined demeanour if needs be is a nice change of pace and very effective. The scene between her and her ex was great. I also like how they handled the teenage son. As Daniel said, he must have known that getting Mum involved came with a risk but he also knew it was the right thing to do. He was pissed at her, but kept the hissy fit under control because deep down he knew they both did the right thing.

I'm coming around with Tara and Whistler - which means Whistler will soon be in mortal danger or die. I was surprised when Tara said that everybody at the office already knew. I never noticed anything but maybe they are that good at ignoring it?

I liked the simple introduction of her ex - not a “special episode” but just a very believable conversation between divorced parents.

I never thought I would like Whistler, but I find that I do.  That relationship has really grown on me.  And yes to Sharif staying.

• Love 2
On 1/6/2022 at 7:56 PM, Crs97 said:

I never thought I would like Whistler, but I find that I do.  That relationship has really grown on me.

It probably helps that Whistler has dropped that condescending holier than thou attitude she had in the first couple episodes. Still, I would've greatly preferred it if she just didn't have that in the first place.

I thought this was a good episode.  The case of the week was interesting.  Whistler wasn't annoying.  Jane fulfilled her responsibilities as a mandatory reporter and it caused issues with her son because it meant his friend was forced to move away. I thought it was funny how everybody seems to be able to use the nickname "Boom Boom" except for Kai.  I liked hearing more about Boone's relationship with his daughters and I am hoping we will see his family at one point.

Jane talked with her ex-husband, who we hadn't seen before.  I couldn't tell for certain, but I wasn't sure if ex-husband is Asian (Filipino) or Hispanic.  He looked more Hispanic but the son looks full Asian (Filipino) while the daughter looks more mixed (I am assuming that Jane, like Vanessa Lachey, is half-Filipino and half-white).

42 minutes ago, blackwing said:

I thought this was a good episode.  The case of the week was interesting.  Whistler wasn't annoying.  Jane fulfilled her responsibilities as a mandatory reporter and it caused issues with her son because it meant his friend was forced to move away. I thought it was funny how everybody seems to be able to use the nickname "Boom Boom" except for Kai.  I liked hearing more about Boone's relationship with his daughters and I am hoping we will see his family at one point.

Jane talked with her ex-husband, who we hadn't seen before.  I couldn't tell for certain, but I wasn't sure if ex-husband is Asian (Filipino) or Hispanic.  He looked more Hispanic but the son looks full Asian (Filipino) while the daughter looks more mixed (I am assuming that Jane, like Vanessa Lachey, is half-Filipino and half-white).

It seemed like Boom Boom was reserved for someone he went on an operation with since after the arrest he gave the okay to call him Boom Boom.

Anthony Ruvivar, Carlos Nieto of Third Watch, like most Filipino actors including Vanessa Lachey/Jane Tennant might be considered mixed race in American terms and are often get cast in the racially ambiguous roles

• Love 1