Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: Grass on the Streets and Weeds on the Rooftops

Pallas
  • Start Topic

A few more thoughts after I let this finale digest:

Presumably the writers don't know the difference between permanent and reversible sterilization.  They seem to make up shit on the fly with the least amount of research:   "We have to get Beth to the prison, how?  I know!  Conjugal visit!  Every convict gets one of those!!"  They must have just asked the first guy they saw about that shit, so why not the same with Beth's sterilization?

I sincerely hope Sheridan is reading this or any other discussion regarding the blatant bullshit of the 6666 promotion and the ridiculous amount of time he inserted himself into the plot with his horse shenanigans.  Maybe he'll ease off.

So if everyone has a home at the Yellowstone, since they're all branded, how come there's no other older hands?  Only Lloyd.  Were the rest all killed off in some other Dutton feud?

• Love 9

Lol I always wonder how many bodies have been thrown over that cliff. Like how has no one ever noticed or investigated. I guess it’s remote but you would think after all this time with all those bodies something would be noticed.

• Love 6

I have so many questions on how, when this Jimmy engagement happened. I like the vet and if it makes Mia long gone forever that's even better. She's so pathetic. 

I loved Jimmy telling Mia off on her not living there. She and the other one need to be gone for good.

Jimmy and Lloyd were great and Jimmy made sense with his not being a fighter and they're not fighting everyone in Texas when doing their job like at Yellowstone.  

I liked his goodbye, Rip being proud of him and everyone sending him off. 

That was most bizarre random, but great wedding ever on tv.  I did LOL at some of the lines. John saying you can't get married in that dress, saying they're not Catholic and his reaction to kidnapping.

Totally fitting Rip would wear his regular clothes, hat and his gloves in his back pocket for his wedding. 

Beth said the priest just needed to sign the papers. What papers? Rip can file a marriage license? 

I don't feel bad for Summer's original sentence. She had a laundry list of arrests including attacking Kasey. The one thing Beth had her do was just tip of iceberg.

Kasey purpose at this point I have no idea. Is the girl the wolf?  Mo knew his quest was done how?

No Tate is good. I'll take Carter over him and found the ending scene with John sweet. 

I did like seeing Lee again. 

Beth doesn't know about the journalist does she? Her huge thing to own Jamie isn't even new. Rip and John already had a murder of his to own him with and Walker as insurance. 

Jamie also knows where the train station is because of all the other Dutton bodies being there. What really does Beth have over him that Jamie doesn't have on others or John & Rip had on Jamie. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 8

Jamie's strong for a slender guy, hefting that big ol' body around. So many people just disappear from this area and nobody cares or investigates. Dexter should move there. 

What's with all the longing looks and forced emotion between John and Summer. They boinked once and she watched him rescue a calf. I guess it's love.  

I did a vision quest on a retreat. From what I can tell, the idea is to bring you to the brink of death, so your brain goes haywire, and it seems mystical. I'm sure there's more to it when done with Native American hallucinogens! No one visited me, not even my spirit animal, which is a sloth. Was the young woman at the end Kayce's unborn daughter maybe? 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I think the Native American woman was Kaycee’s understanding of the wolf. Since wolfs aren’t supposed to talk. She would disappear and then the wolf would be standing there instead.  
I understood why Lee, Avery, and the military unit appeared.  Kacy feels guilt over Lee and the unit, and maybe feels attracted to Avery.  Although I still do not think he would act on it unless Monica were deceased. 
Beth should  have told John that Jamie didn’t order the hits, his father did.

John- you’ve got a really funny way of showing your kids you love them.  Is that why Beth treats Carter so badly? 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, bunnyface said:

You know that the train station is almost full.  Next couple of guys they roll over the edge are just gonna stay at ground level.

I said something similar to Mr. Max when we were watching.

1 hour ago, Marley said:

Lol I always wonder how many bodies have been thrown over that cliff. Like how has no one ever noticed or investigated. I guess it’s remote but you would think after all this time with all those bodies something would be noticed.

Montana is a big place and I surmise that  most of the people who've gone to the train station were transient, so not immediately missed.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Marley said:

I'm sure the vultures and other carrion-eating creatures in the area eagerly await the refilling of the train station buffet!!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

Not the most unrealistic thing, but doesn't Rip not exist legally? Also, I thought Catholic ceremonies had to happen in a church? Beth looked like a 15 year old's idea of sexy - in other words super cheap.

Fast forwarded all the KC stuff. I couldn't remember how this white dude got himself invited into ceremony. It made no sense.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Artsda said:

Beth doesn't know about the journalist does she? Her huge thing to own Jamie isn't even new. Rip and John already had a murder of his to own him with and Walker as insurance. 

Jamie also knows where the train station is because of all the other Dutton bodies being there. What really does Beth have over him that Jamie doesn't have on others or John & Rip had on Jamie. 

That's what I can't figure out! How do you "own" Jamie, Beth? You have a picture taken in the dark of him holding a man shaped lump. You have no way to share this photo in a way that proves its authenticity yet does not incriminate yourself. Finally, if you do get the police's attention, they'll want to know where the body is and they'll come across a lot more. The worst thing you could do is embarrass him and ruin his political career, which you were already going to do anyways.

Not sure how Jamie is John's "greatest failure" either. Jamie is exactly what John made him, and I think he has failed far worse, and exhibit A was standing right in front of him when he said it. Sure, Jamie is a weak willed, sniveling baby, but if he wasn't, he would have actually stood up for himself and went his own way, which John wouldn't have wanted. Also messed up that he admitted he didn't want to love Jamie and tried not to. What chance did Jamie ever really have?

I did love the judge's verbal beatdown of Summer. 30 years was too harsh, but everything he had to say about her was absolutely true. She isn't "trying to make the world a better place" she's using immature and ineffective tactics to try and force people to come around to her way of thinking. And 42 arrests, multiple ones involving assault/battery? That's just a drain on the legal system dealing with her. She's a public nuisance. And her response to the judge made it clear she's not sorry, she just doesn't want to suffer any consequences.

I think 1-2 years is fair, and glad to see John seemed to think it was as well. I don't like how John just assumes he runs everything but the judge did seem like he was overly harsh. That said, if the sentencing was within the guidelines, I am not sure Summer would have any luck with an appeal.

Oh Silver Hair, don't you listen? Beth doesn't give a shit about the land. Her getting a reaction out of you was probably reward enough. Also, maybe you haven't heard, but here in Sheridan-verse, the fights are always rigged. But go ahead, try and take down Beth. Yawn.

• Like 1
  • Love 7
On 1/3/2022 at 5:08 PM, BrownBear2012 said:

I don’t recall but Beth keeps talking about a hysterectomy.

I wonder if it was a vaginal hyst?  No scars, and it is basically an outpatient procedure.  

2 hours ago, bkathi said:

I wonder if it was a vaginal hyst?  No scars, and it is basically an outpatient procedure.  

An outpatient procedure that landed me in the hospital for three days due to complications and two weeks of sheer pain, two weeks of so so pain  and then finally feeling okay. That was 5 years ago.  Mine was vaginal also.  Yes I also had an ovary removed and slight repair done from a long ago childbirth. 

no way would it have gone unnoticed.   Taking  a shower and eating breakfast sent me to the recliner to recover for a couple hours before I moved again. 

• Useful 1
6 hours ago, Tatum said:

I did love the judge's verbal beatdown of Summer. 30 years was too harsh, but everything he had to say about her was absolutely true. She isn't "trying to make the world a better place" she's using immature and ineffective tactics to try and force people to come around to her way of thinking. And 42 arrests, multiple ones involving assault/battery? That's just a drain on the legal system dealing with her. She's a public nuisance. And her response to the judge made it clear she's not sorry, she just doesn't want to suffer any consequences

I agree. However, I would love to have had Summer be a more complex character. They leaned so hard into the "environmental terrorist" and completely left environmentalists by the wayside. They, as we all should be, are fighting to bring awareness and change to potentially devastating consequences to our planet.

I felt the same way to a lesser degree about the first developer (blanking on his name). There are many people who would love a way to vacation and enjoy these lands. How else are we to do it without a place to stay? 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Litnit said:

Not the most unrealistic thing, but doesn't Rip not exist legally?

Though MT has no waiting period after a marriage license is issued at a county office, this is what you need to get one, so maybe, if not "most unrealistic" it still counts as very unrealistic:

$53 Cash, Visa or Mastercard (There is a $2.33 processing fee for cards)

Valid picture identification (driver's license, passport)

Birth Information including City, County, State or Foreign Country

Social Security Number

Fathers' first, middle, and last name, current residence, and birth state

Mothers' first, middle, and maiden name, current residence, and birth state.

Any information regarding previous marriages including date, county, and state of dissolution or death of spouse

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Rorysmom said:

I agree. However, I would love to have had Summer be a more complex character. They leaned so hard into the "environmental terrorist" and completely left environmentalists by the wayside. They, as we all should be, are fighting to bring awareness and change to potentially devastating consequences to our planet.

Yeah, the environmentalists on TV shows and books tend to be portrayed as being obnoxious, and Summer is no exception. Nuance, particularly for the female characters on this show, is not something on which a priority is placed, so I guess Summer being obnoxious and a hypocrite and also completely ineffectual is really just par for the course. I can't tell if the writers actually think people will root for Summer or if they enjoy dumping on her. They make her unlikable but then again John has taken up her cause.

I mean, clearly the writers have it out for Mia, and there's a head scratcher.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, SG429 said:

Valid picture identification (driver's license, passport)

Birth Information including City, County, State or Foreign Country

Social Security Number

He doesn't have a license, so passport out of question. He doesn't have an SIN or he'd have paper work.

So not sure what paper the priest signed.

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, Artsda said:

So not sure what paper the priest signed.

Rip and Beth, together 4ever

P.S. Sorry we kidnapped you at gunpoint

P.P.S We know where your mother lives

• LOL 8
  • Love 3

No wonder Kasey slept through the entire finale, it was mostly boring, probably because it was so stuffed full of Beth, the most boring unpleasant character on the whole show. I feel bad, I didn't even feel the need to watch the show for days, that's how bad this season has gotten. I'm not even a person who hates Jimmy, he was actually really likable this week, but having an entire season being a backdoor pilot was just insufferable. The show became less about Yellowstone the show and more about promoting this show show because its the showrunners new baby. 

I suspected that Jamie would end up killing his bio dad when the season started, but I was still surprised it went down that way. Of course it was because of Beth, which makes it a lot less satisfying, but at least that's at least one less annoying character to deal with next season. I just hate Jamie and Beth scenes, even beyond the show wanting us to see Beth as this badass boss bitch when she's actually an unpleasant asshole with terrible makeup who isn't as tough as she thinks she is, but they're so boring. Beth has this massive hate on for Jamie, Jamie tries to stand up to Beth but always loses, its just the same scene over and over, and knowing the backstory just makes it even worse. The situation was so weird and convoluted, I don't know why teenage Jamie said yes to sterilizing Beth or why they would even do that without parental consent, or if Jamie understood what was happening, or if the show even understands what procedure was done, I really wish the nature of their dislike of each other was more interesting. Like if Jamie blamed her for their mothers death and yelled at her, leading her to run away and get hurt and that led to her health problems or something, it would feel like a real reason for siblings not have this huge hate on for each other. I don't even think that Jamie is a good or strong person, I really have no reason to root for him against Beth, but the show does at least know that he's not a good or really likable person mostly, but they really seem to think Beth is morally grey but also awesome and badass, when really she's just a foul mouthed asshole who hides behind her daddy's money and her boyfriend/husbands gun collection. 

Also, she is really going to have to spin things if she wants to act like Jamie personally and maliciously killed her and Rip's unborn child. Beth is the one who wanted the abortion, she just asked Jamie for a ride to the clinic. 

Of course, a lot of Beth's issues are because of John's less then great parenting. He should have gotten her all kinds of therapy after her mom died, or at least told her over and over that her moms death really wasn't on her, but he seemingly never did. And if Jamie is a disappointment, its because of John and how he treated him like a pawn and not a son and very clearly didn't love him like he loved the other kids, even before he was forced to leave home and go to law school against his wishes. 

It was nice seeing Lee, the deceased but rarely mentioned eldest Dutton, even if he was just a vision. One good thing about this episode? Minimal Monica! 

I am not that excited for the next season, but maybe it will be better when the spin-off is finally going on and we can just focus on this show? If nothing else, at least the scenery will be pretty. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 14
23 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

He should have gotten her all kinds of therapy after her mom died, or at least told her over and over that her moms death really wasn't on her, but he seemingly never did.

Not only has he not told her this, he has actually implied he believes it was her fault.

Last season or maybe the one before, Beth berates for John for sleeping with the governor, saying something like, how can you go from my mother to her,  like the governor is such a downgrade from Evelyn, which is bullshit right there, Evelyn was nothing to brag about and neither is John- he's the one dating up. I judge the governor for fucking him, not the other way around.

Anyways, John snaps at her and says something like  "you of all people have no right to complain about who I date after your mother,"...I can't remember the exact phrase but it was basically saying it's Beth's fault John can't be with his wife anymore.

Jamie did say something about Evelyn's death being Beth's fault, right to her face, but in his case I don't think he believes it, it's just the only thing he can say that will hurt her.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, KittyQ said:

But when they go to the dumping ground, isn't it always just passed the "Entering Wyoming" sign? This looks to be in Idaho.

I think the train station is inspired by this, but doesn't point directly to it. I remember on an early visit there, one of the guys explained that it was in a county with no residents, so no one cared about what happened there.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, Moose135 said:

I think the train station is inspired by this, but doesn't point directly to it. I remember on an early visit there, one of the guys explained that it was in a county with no residents, so no one cared about what happened there.

My husband also just made the point that the producers may not want to point directly to this "zone of death", in case it inspires anyone to take advantage. I'd buy that.  

Even so, you'd think that many bodies ending up being dumped in the same area would attract some attention by someone. 

• Love 3

Bio Dad's speechifying to Jamie about being "fearless" was a darn good re-invention of the serpent in the garden of Eden.  The man needed killin' and Jamie did the world a favor.

Of all the absurdities in this finale, I am most stunned at the sudden change by the jidge.  Costner did his Brimley and Mitchie acquiesced.  Huh?  No mention of closing the books on whatever debt he owed?  Puhleeze.  This has got to be a set-up for some future political takedown, in which Mitchie will play a major role.  

Jamie had two bad paths from which to choose and Kayce had the very same.  Maybe Jamie can kill Monica, thus squaring the books for them both?  Maybe he can be astride Metallic Cat when he does the deed?!  (I'm auditioning to be a writer on this series.)

This season started off with a physically impossible survival of Beth in the blast.  It ended with a thud at the train station.   In between we got yanked back more than a century ago and jerked around in Texas.   The moral of the story?  Danged if I can figger it out.

• Love 7

Arriving late to the party:

Wonder if Beth would've apologized to John if Rip hadn't drawn a line in the sand? It's a strange day in Yellowstone when Rip has the moral authority.

Jimmy's got that Texas cowboy swagger now, lol. Even his voice is deeper.

So Rip has been carrying that ring around in case a surprise wedding happened? Oh come on. That's the kind of HEA crap you pull in the show finale, not the season ender.

I thought Summer was from a powerful and wealthy family? Unless she's been disinherited I don't understand why she only had Dutton to stand up for her.

Hypothermia: A Generic Native American Way of Knowledge. From the lost works of Carlos Castaneda. I don't get what all that exposure to the harsh elements accomplished for Kayce. And what about the rumors Monica was leaving? Got my hopes up for nothing. 😒

Wonder if that was the last we've seen of the ME woman. Surely she can't openly threaten Beth and the ranch without repercussions. If Jamie's going to be the Dutton's puppet in the governor's mansion (probably), Market Equities is going to get run out the state for sure.

At least this wasn't the final season or Yellowstone would be taking Game of Thrones' crown for excellence in telling your fans to go fcuk themselves on your way out.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Among other things, a hysterectomy brings in a kind of menopause and Beth while older than 36 (actress) does not look remotely early menopausal (body shape, tight jawline, etc). Speaking as a pos t menopausal woman. 

agree that the whole thing is retrofitted. As is the beth rip undying love when in first episodes she was clearly just a sex hungry woman who thought someone wanting to ask her out was “ruining it.”

I like retrofitted Beth and hated season 1 Beth so sure fine bt let us also observe that retrofitted Beth would have had rips baby without a THOUGHT.

(kind of like rose on Downton abbey, a wild flapper in season one and later so Good that if caught with a married man they’d be talking silver patterns.)

so yeah. In early season Beth seemed to bicker with Jamie  because he was an over educated wuss. Which really was way more believable and natural. Siblings do bicker. 

so Jamie’s dad ordered the hit. How does that make Jamie complicit l? I just saw Godfather II again and Beth’s “I know it was you” is theft but then again maybe Beth saw the movie too.

beth is mean to carter and I’m sick of it.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

So Rip has been carrying that ring around in case a surprise wedding happened?

I could be way off, but Rip said he had to go do two things before the ceremony.  One was Lloyd.  I think the other was to retrieve the ring from wherever.

1 hour ago, lucindabelle said:

so Jamie’s dad ordered the hit. How does that make Jamie complicit l? 

Even Beth acknowledged Jamie was not responsible for the order and the attack.  She was beyond furious that Janie had not 1)  Taken care of daddio and prison dude, and 2)  Did not go to John and tell him in detail about the conspiracy and execution of the hits so that he could take his revenge.

I wish the writing were more congruent and so many viewers were not so easily confused.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 1/4/2022 at 11:39 PM, Litnit said:

Beth looked like a 15 year old's idea of sexy - in other words super cheap.

She was coming back from her "conjugal visit" at the prison. She was dressed that way so the prison guards "had something else to look at", as Walker told her so she wouldn't be searched for potential weapons like hair pins. She just didn't waste time changing her outfit once she got back to the ranch, although she probably had time to while Rip went to get LLoyd.

Speaking of hair pins, why did we hear about a weapon when that never got used?

im pretty sure you need to do more than show up and say “I’m here for a conjugal visit.” Like show ID or proof. Otherwise heck gangs would send girls to do it every day and twice on Sundays.

• Love 4

She did have a pretty substantial hair clip in her hair. When the convict identified Jamie on her phone she didn't  need to use it. If he had claimed he was solely responsible for the attack, though, she might have tried to shiv him. Whether or not she would have succeeded is another question.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, NeenerNeener said:

When the convict identified Jamie on her phone

Never mind weapons, bobby pins, etc., here's an item that never gets past the reception area for visitors.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, SG429 said:

Never mind weapons, bobby pins, etc., here's an item that never gets past the reception area for visitors.

The phone, the hair clip/pin, the outfit, the conjugal visit on the fly, she’s not even on the visitors list.  There’s a list of rules a mile long and she’d have been turned away for that.  No one gets in a prison dressed like that either.  

• Like 1
  • Love 7
On 1/3/2022 at 4:59 PM, toodywoody said:

Dudes don't have any women after them? Like almost everyone is better looking and has a better personality than him. Just saying. The guy that plays Jimmy must have pictures of Taylor Sheridan with goats or something

It seems that all the cowboys in Texas who want a woman brings one with him to the 6666. Meanwhile Montana woman are more selective, a singer, the bunkhouse boss, a rodeo player needs to apply. The regular cowboy can just spend weekend leave at a strip club.

On 1/4/2022 at 1:59 PM, mythoughtis said:

It wasn’t really Jimmy that bothered me - all that much.  It was everything that had to do with 6666 or 1883.  The rodeo, the horses, the trick moves.  Tyler Sheridan’s character, the 15 minutes of Yellowstone vs 45 minutes of back door pilots.   It has been one of the most blatant pushing of new shows via the one I sat down to watch.  And it ruined this entire season 

I think 6666 is just a show like Kurt Sutter would make about a regular motorcycle club. Meanwhile 1883 hopes to be a Mayan's just a rehash of Yellowstone set in a different time instead of a different place.

On 1/4/2022 at 8:39 PM, Litnit said:

Not the most unrealistic thing, but doesn't Rip not exist legally? Also, I thought Catholic ceremonies had to happen in a church? Beth looked like a 15 year old's idea of sexy - in other words super cheap.

Fast forwarded all the KC stuff. I couldn't remember how this white dude got himself invited into ceremony. It made no sense.

The ceremony has to be in a Catholic Church, unless her Bishop signs off in order for it to be "valid" or able to take communion and needing a more extensive form of annulment if Beth and Rip break up and attempt to marry someone else.  For some reason I think it has been a long time since a Dutton has seen a mass or made a confession. You can always go to the church later. In many nations like France there is only a secular marriage so a believing Catholic would have to go through a second ceremony at the church  

He was the best man, as the oldest branded one he was probably there when young Rip was made a child soldier for the Dutton's

Edited by Raja
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I liked the bunkhouse scenes, but also if Taylor can't write for women then he just needs to stop.  Beth's entire storyline has gotten gross. She would have been in the hospital for days with a hysterectomy  and consent forms would have needed to be signed.  Also the "cutting out the baby" rhetoric is something that does not happen. People don't always have to have a backstory to be awful.  

• Like 2
  • Love 4

I recently re-watched Season 3 Episode 6, where Beth accuses Jamie of of forcible sterilation at the time of the abortion. I noted that only Beth used the word, hysterectomy, and when Jamie was trying to reason or explain, she cut him off, so we never heard any kind of explanation for what really happened. And when John asked why she hated Jamie so much, we didn't see that conversation. John just showed up and confronted Jamie, and didn't ask for his side or consider that Beth may not have been truthful. I'm skeptical that Beth knew what she was talking about, and consider it possible that she's outright lying about what happened. Is there another episode that has more information? If so, I missed it.

This episode was also about the disappearance of young indigenous women, which I thought was minimized due to Beth's dramatics.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3

I normally like to rewatch before commenting but life has been busy .... I do have some thoughts on the writing for the female characters this season. The only ones I can tolerate is Teeter who I love. I think the actress has made her bearable otherwise she'd be a cartoon. The Governor, as there is serious chemistry between her and Dutton. Beth and only because Kelly Reilly is a revelation, I have hated her storyline this season, but I love her in the role. This week the whole prison caper as well as the wedding were a joke to me. a bad one.

the rest:

Emily, stop smirking through every scene...but she did have a mean hook.

Mia, just go away. Badass barrel racer to crying baby in 30 sec. You gave an ultimatum now live with your decision or shut the F up.

Laramie who is at least consistent.

Summer? Stop writing her as a 25 yr. old ingenue. piper is 45, she looks good for her age, but she is not naive.

Monica, I mean what a bore of a character. I don't think the actress is that great but look at the material she has been given. Last year there was some growth, but this year has been very disappointing.

Avery, puppy dog eyes over Kasey I mean I get it, seriously but needs more meat

Sheridan call me you need some help with your female characters.

Edited by rhygirl720
  • Love 5
On 1/6/2022 at 5:02 PM, tennisgurl said:

I suspected that Jamie would end up killing his bio dad when the season started, but I was still surprised it went down that way. Of course it was because of Beth, which makes it a lot less satisfying, but at least that's at least one less annoying character to deal with next season. I just hate Jamie and Beth scenes, even beyond the show wanting us to see Beth as this badass boss bitch when she's actually an unpleasant asshole with terrible makeup who isn't as tough as she thinks she is, but they're so boring. Beth has this massive hate on for Jamie, Jamie tries to stand up to Beth but always loses, its just the same scene over and over, and knowing the backstory just makes it even worse. The situation was so weird and convoluted, I don't know why teenage Jamie said yes to sterilizing Beth or why they would even do that without parental consent, or if Jamie understood what was happening, or if the show even understands what procedure was done, I really wish the nature of their dislike of each other was more interesting. Like if Jamie blamed her for their mothers death and yelled at her, leading her to run away and get hurt and that led to her health problems or something, it would feel like a real reason for siblings not have this huge hate on for each other. I don't even think that Jamie is a good or strong person, I really have no reason to root for him against Beth, but the show does at least know that he's not a good or really likable person mostly, but they really seem to think Beth is morally grey but also awesome and badass, when really she's just a foul mouthed asshole who hides behind her daddy's money and her boyfriend/husbands gun collection. 

Also, she is really going to have to spin things if she wants to act like Jamie personally and maliciously killed her and Rip's unborn child. Beth is the one who wanted the abortion, she just asked Jamie for a ride to the clinic. 

Obviously these two need to sit down and have a therapy session, but they won't, because it's a TV show, and this creates drama.  Has Jamie ever really apologised to Beth for the whole situation?  I don't think he fully has?  But why has it taken so many years for her to have that angry confrontation with Jamie in the prior season?  Why can't Jamie take ownership of the situation and ask her what else he can do to show her he is sorry?

I am curious about what will happen when Beth finds out Jamie has a child.  I really hope nothing happens to the innocent baby, no matter how much Beth hates Jamie.

On 1/8/2022 at 2:02 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

So Rip has been carrying that ring around in case a surprise wedding happened? Oh come on. That's the kind of HEA crap you pull in the show finale, not the season ender.

Wonder if that was the last we've seen of the ME woman. Surely she can't openly threaten Beth and the ranch without repercussions. If Jamie's going to be the Dutton's puppet in the governor's mansion (probably), Market Equities is going to get run out the state for sure.

Well, Rip and Beth were already engaged.  She had asked him to marry her and he said yes.  Then we saw in a prior episode that he exhumed his mother's body so he could retrieve her wedding ring so he could give it to Beth.  They just hadn't set a date yet.  When she decided it was going to be that day, presumably he went to their room at the house and retrieved the ring from his nightstand.

I highly doubt this is the last we see of Silver Hair... she will be around next season I am sure.  I find it particularly terrible that it seems nobody here knows her name, and she has appeared about the same amount of times that Roarke did, and we knew Roarke's name.  I've been calling her Silver Hair because I don't know what else to call her.

On 1/10/2022 at 11:20 AM, SG429 said:

True.  But they weren't in the general prison section, were they?  It looked like she was brought to some kind of outbuilding with rooms for a conjugal visit.  I would presume that the convict would have gotten thoroughly searched after he returned from the visit.

3 hours ago, blackwing said:

But they weren't in the general prison section, were they?  It looked like she was brought to some kind of outbuilding with rooms for a conjugal visit.  I would presume that the convict would have gotten thoroughly searched after he returned from the visit.

I have an extended relative that was in prison. They are all searched before and after even a general visitation room visit.  You aren’t allowed to take anything in in my area except for a prison debit card for the vending machine, and a single car key and id.  The visitor gets patted down and walks through a metal detector.  The visitor and inmate get watched continually.  The higher the level of prison, the more scrutiny.  If there are lockers, the id and key are left in the locker.  I find it hard to believe that a conjugal visit in a room with maybe  privacy wouldn’t require even more scrutiny.  

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

What was THAT? NEWSFLASH BETH when you adopt a child, you become that child's mother. I really hate her.

What the Hades Hell was up with those waste of my time scenes with Kacey? Things that make you go HUH?

I do not care about Summer. Sorry Babe- eventually someone was gonna press charges. You've dodged that bullet 48 times! 48!

Mia, go away and don't come back. 

I have no problem understanding Teeter. But hubby can't. 

Jamie, eat some cake. You look BAD. You've never been my favorite character, but this doesn't look healthy.

I used to hate beans in my chili. I have a pompous jerk of an ex-boyfriend who insisted that I was some sort of moron because chili MUST have bean. So, I love and adore it when shows and TEXAS back me up! Arrogant, pseudo intellectual jerk.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 1/8/2022 at 3:02 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

I thought Summer was from a powerful and wealthy family? Unless she's been disinherited I don't understand why she only had Dutton to stand up for her.

No. Before the wedding, Rip said he had to go get 2 things. The old guy and the ring

Oh, poltergeist voice not Sally Struthers is going down!

Also, about Beth's hooker dress, Walker said it would be easier to sneak a weapon in if she fave the guards something else to look at. Boobs. They're called boobs. Also, yes the abortion was Beth's idea. However, Jamie chose the reservation clinic. The nurse came out and told him to take her somewhere else because they had to sterilize her. He said to do it. He knew the consequences and said to go ahead. He was a legal adult then and she wasn't. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Bali said:

Also, yes the abortion was Beth's idea. However, Jamie chose the reservation clinic. The nurse came out and told him to take her somewhere else because they had to sterilize her. He said to do it. He knew the consequences and said to go ahead. He was a legal adult then and she wasn't. 

When did we see this, or when was it explained to us?