Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Chapter Two - The Tribes of Tatooine

• Start Topic

Heh, I love that the assassins from last week are a part of some big infamous organization (Night Wind, I think?), and Fennec was just like "Ugh, these guys!  So overrated!  And annoying too!" about it.  Either she had a few unpleasant run-ins with them or maybe her origin story was that she tried to join them, they passed her over for some dumb reason and she was like "Well, fine!  I'm going to train real hard now and be the most awesome assassin ever!  You'll regret turning me down, you jerks!"

But it even though one of them claim it was the Mayor that hired him, it certainly sounds like there might be more to this.  With Jabba the Hutt's cousins now entering into the picture (complete with a scary, badass looking Wookie bodyguard!), they could be a possibility as well.  I'm also continuing to keep an eye on Garsa/Jennifer Beals' Twi'lek as well.  I know she claimed her nervousness was due to the Hutts return, but I wonder if it was actually because she was surprised Boba was still alive.  So many moving parts!

The flashbacks with the Tusken Raiders are giving me some of major "Dances with Wolves" vibes with the whole "outsider integrates himself with the local tribe and learns their customs" scenario, but it's cool to learn more about them and see them expanded upon after starting out as just secondary obstacles/antagonists way, way back in the first film.  It also looks like they've at least adapted a fighting style similar to the Maori, so I wonder if Temuera Morrison was involved with that.

The train heist was a pretty good action set-piece.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

I'm wondering if we don't see the Tuskens filtering into the city and/or becoming part of Boba Fett's entourage. He's clearly managed to become sympathetic to their plight - they weren't bothering anyone out in the desert and yet the guys on the train were basically shooting them for sport. My only issue is that its hard to keep track of who's who amongst the Tuskens - I don't know if any "major" characters got killed for instance. 

I like how other than the Stormtrooper inside the Sarlaac, we haven't seen any Imperials so far in this series. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Heh, I love that the assassins from last week are a part of some big infamous organization (Night Wind, I think?), and Fennec was just like "Ugh, these guys!  So overrated!  And annoying too!" about it. 

I loved that entire exchange. You know in her opinion that whole group are just over priced, inferior assassins.

I'm also continuing to keep an eye on Garsa/Jennifer Beals' Twi'lek as well.  

She's definitely a player in this game. I've had my eyes on her since last episode. I'm assuming she's got a major role.

It also looks like they've at least adapted a fighting style similar to the Maori, so I wonder if Temuera Morrison was involved with that.

If i remember correctly, Temuera Morrison talked about the fighting stick and style he used in The Mandalorian as being taken from his Maori background. Looks like they expanded on it to make it part of the Tusken raiders Indigenous culture. 

The flashbacks with the Tusken Raiders are giving me some of major "Dances with Wolves" vibes

Total Dances with Wolves and I'm loving it.

52 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

When they mentioned the twins, for half a second, I thought Luke and Leia were going to show up. 

Didn't go there but, I swear the couple in the "saloon" reminded me of Jacen and Jania Solo...or at least my imagination of what they looked like.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

The flashbacks with the Tusken Raiders are giving me some of major "Dances with Wolves" vibes with the whole "outsider integrates himself with the local tribe and learns their customs" scenario

Me too. Also, is anyone else getting the vibe that the Tusken in black (who I think is Boba's primary trainer) is a woman? I only know about Tuskens from the main films, so if there is an obvious male/female distinction in their society that I'm unaware of, I'm happy to learn. And I could be totally wrong; I'm just getting vibes.

3 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

If i remember correctly, Temuera Morrison talked about the fighting stick and style he used in The Mandalorian as being taken from his Maori background.

That's pretty cool. The initiation ceremony at the end reminded me of a Haka, so I wonder if that was the intention.

9 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

I know she claimed her nervousness was due to the Hutts return

Like I said, I know most of my Star Wars stuff from the main films so I may have missed something, but what's the big deal with the Hutts? I mean, how did they become such feared gangsters? Maybe it was just due to the limitations of practical effects in the originals, but Jabba could barely move, so how did that bloated worm build a crime empire? I am very excited to see more of the twins though. They were adorable.

• Love 4

Really enjoyed this episode.  I like the Tusken stuff and any chance to get to see more of Tattooine.  You can never go wrong with an action sequence on a train and that one was pretty awesome. 

Some nice Easter eggs here.  First off, the Wookiee is Black Krrsantan from Marvel's Star Wars comics.  He's a pretty awesome character who has crossed paths with a lot of major Canon characters.

Also, we get to see Tosche Station, mentioned by Luke in ANH.  The most famous Star Wars deleted scenes take here and the couple who gets beat up are Luke's old friends growing up Fixer and Camie.

Some good humor with the Tusken falling off the speeder bike.  Some good unintentional comedy with some of Morrison's facial expressions. 

Ming-Na continues to bring it.

Edited by benteen
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
43 minutes ago, Cherpumple said:

Like I said, I know most of my Star Wars stuff from the main films so I may have missed something, but what's the big deal with the Hutts? I mean, how did they become such feared gangsters? Maybe it was just due to the limitations of practical effects in the originals, but Jabba could barely move, so how did that bloated worm build a crime empire? I am very excited to see more of the twins though. They were adorable.

Money and a very long life. Jabba didn’t build a crime empire. He was born into a crime empire. In Clone Wars they show other Hutts who aren’t as large and slow as Jabba. His size is a indicator of his power because he doesn’t have to do anything himself.  Basically, the same thing that happened with Bib Fortuna. 

4 hours ago, benteen said:

Also, we get to see Toschi Station, mentioned by Luke in ANH.  The most famous Star Wars deleted scenes take here and the couple who gets beat up are Luke's old friends growing up Fixer and Camie.

0FA748F3-8800-4E27-BB64-65A276722555.jpeg

• LOL 8
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

The flashbacks with the Tusken Raiders are giving me some of major "Dances with Wolves" vibes with the whole "outsider integrates himself with the local tribe and learns their customs" scenario,

Same. I think the only thing that bothered me is, Boba, the "supposed" awesome bounty hunter we only briefly see in the original trilogy who doesn't do anything awesome in those movies, needs to be trained how to fight with a stick. Guess he was never that awesome if he can't handle close combat with a melee weapon.

5 hours ago, Cherpumple said:

Also, is anyone else getting the vibe that the Tusken in black (who I think is Boba's primary trainer) is a woman?

I was pegging the character as female also.

8 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I've had my eyes on her since last episode.

I've had my eyes on her since Flashdance 😜

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Cherpumple said:

Also, is anyone else getting the vibe that the Tusken in black (who I think is Boba's primary trainer) is a woman? I only know about Tuskens from the main films, so if there is an obvious male/female distinction in their society that I'm unaware of, I'm happy to learn. And I could be totally wrong; I'm just getting vibes.

My first thought was that it’s Fennec Shand, and we’re getting her origin story within the flashbacks as a former Tusken Raider, but apparently her character has appeared in The Bad Batch, so that wouldn’t be the case. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I enjoyed this much more than last week’s. Last week, I was happy with the “Present Day” stuff, but annoyed by the flashbacks.  I am glad they fleshed it out more and gave us more backstory on the Tusken Raiders.  I still preferred the present day stuff more though.  I like the running joke of them “missing” his litter.  

Clone Wars fans, have we met “The Twins” yet?  All the Hutts seemed to blend together for me.  The only one I remember specifically is, I think, his sister, with the weirdly whinny voice.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Cherpumple said:

Also, is anyone else getting the vibe that the Tusken in black (who I think is Boba's primary trainer) is a woman? I only know about Tuskens from the main films, so if there is an obvious male/female distinction in their society that I'm unaware of, I'm happy to learn. And I could be totally wrong; I'm just getting vibes.

Yes, totally. I actually Googled what Tusken Raiders looked like under the clothing to see if the were human or alien...basically I'm expecting a Love Story of sorts.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, benteen said:

Some good humor with the Tusken falling off the speeder bike.  Some good unintentional comedy with some of Morrison's facial expressions. 

Because Favreau is the primary writer... it was a lot like Tony Stark Fail Montage from Iron Man 1.0

• Love 3

About a thousand percent better than episode one! Even though it's been done before many times in other contexts, really enjoyed the 'white man humbles himself to learn from and join the society of the aborigines' plot. I get the Dancing With Wolves vibe, but did anyone else get a Mandalorian vibe from the very ritualistic creation of Boba's personalized weapon? 

Also, Fennec said something about needing to get permission to kill the Hutts; any idea who from? Or is this a mystery to be unraveled as we go?

I am enjoying the use of the TV serieses (how else would you pluralize series?) to flesh out minor and/or tangential characters. Much like how in original Star Trek the Klingons were just violent antagonists but were fleshed out and given cultural and societal back stories in later Trek series, it's interesting to see the originally one-dimensional Tusken Raiders being given an actual society with rules, rituals, etc.

• Love 7

That was a big improvement on last weeks episode, and I thought last week was pretty good, if a bit derivative of The Mandalorian. Dancing with Jawa's was pretty fun, I like that this show and The Mandalorian have expanded on the culture of the Tusken Raiders beyond angry sand people who murder everyone who they come across. They have a whole society and culture and while its hard to communicate with them its certainly not impossible. I have never been a huge Boba fan, I always always found him vastly overrated and frankly his popularity based on his original film appearance is baffling to me, but I am liking this show and exploring the world more. 

14 hours ago, benteen said:

Also, we get to see Tosche Station, mentioned by Luke in ANH.  The most famous Star Wars deleted scenes take here and the couple who gets beat up are Luke's old friends growing up Fixer and Camie.

Thank you, I knew that they were people that were a part of Star Wars somehow! I'm a big fan, but not even I can keep up with the millions of characters that exist in cannon. 

I always love a train heist, the sand train and sand bikes were really cool, very nice action sequence. The present day parts were pretty good as well, especially Fennec being totally unimpressed by the big scary assassin organization. I am interested in seeing how Jennifer Beals's character fits into things, she seems to have something going on behind the scenes. 

I really hope that they wash that lizard between vision quests.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

What I enjoy about this is that my rudimentary Star Wars knowledge (from the first 3 movies) is all that is really required to watch this. Not a fan of the other 5 or 6 or 7 movies or however many there are, have never read the books or comics, and I don't have to read/watch to enjoy a space Western, very much in the genre of Firefly, but with much more morally neutral characters. Although I doubt the original version of Boba Fet was quite this much of a "good guy", I am content to roll with it.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Same. I think the only thing that bothered me is, Boba, the "supposed" awesome bounty hunter we only briefly see in the original trilogy who doesn't do anything awesome in those movies, needs to be trained how to fight with a stick. Guess he was never that awesome if he can't handle close combat with a melee weapon.

I was pegging the character as female also.

Dude has an RPG plus a lot of mini missiles... he never needed to get up close and personal...

Is this going into Top Gun territory??? Maverick bones the Instructor? She gets killed so Boba leaves and luckily finds Mando & Fennec

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Captain Stable said:

In terms of Mandolorian plot, didn't we leave Fennec on a different planet, almost dead?
Then she reappeared at Boba's side acting like she owed him. 
Yet the Book of Fett story seems to be that he's been on Tatooine the entire time, so who rescued Fennec?

No, Fennec was on Tatooine in the Mandalorian ep "The Gunslinger".  Boba found her after she was shot and left for dead.  He gets her medical help, which is why she feels like she owes him. 

Agree this ep was better than last week's.  I enjoyed seeing more of the Tusken Raiders and their lifestyle.  I did wonder of Boba is immune to sunburn or wearing some kind of powerful sunblock, hee?   The badass Tusken who teaches Boba how to use the bo-staff (I just wanted to stay this) is pretty awesome - I love watching their fluid movements.  

The train heist and chase was a lot of fun and well directed.  

Boba can't be so naive that he believes everything these outside the law types tell him, is he?  Maybe because he's new at being a crime boss.  He needs Fennec or someone else who will do some proactive investigating so he spends less time reacting.

The effects aren't great but I appreciate being on Tatooine. 

• Love 1

Boba seemed much more badass in his Mandalorian appearance. Of course he was fighting storm troopers and they are kind of useless. So maybe it wasn't that impressive. Here he seems kind of navie and clueless. Did he think he just has to kill the boss and everyone will fall in line?  These are criminals, they don't care who you are, or care about respecting anyone.

I get that he seems to be trying what worked with the Tuskens, but that only worked because he killed a beast that was probably terrorizing them. He didn't just walk around being nice to them. 

1 hour ago, Sakura12 said:

Did he think he just has to kill the boss and everyone will fall in line?

Boba is making his naughty and nice lists... All family business will be resolved by the finale

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I know Temuera Morrison is mixed race, but in the context of Star Wars, which kind of maps human racial divisions to all humans being white-coded compared to Tuskens, Gungans, etc, this episode's flashback was still extremely a white savior story. (Esp after the Tuskens gave him a vision lizard drug trip.) So yes, Dances with Wolves or Lawrence of Arabia. I didn't like that vibe at all.

And as for the Tuskens needing him to learn how to ride speeder bikes and otherwise coordinate a train heist, well, they probably aren't making their laser rifles and binoculars out in the desert with their nomadic camps. So it's not like they don't already use high tech stuff. Also, it was jarring as hell when the show subtitled a few lines for the Tusken leader and then kept most of the rest of the Tusken dialogue unsubtitled.

So yes, the train heist was fun but overall I'm way more interested in the present day stuff.

Oh, so his reward for beating the six-limbed monster was to get promoted from slave to freedman traveling with the tribe, and now his "reward" for beating the train is to go from wearing (beat-up) light colored clothes to multiple layers of all black clothing? In a desert under two suns??? Ooooof. I guess the robes plus his gaffi stick fill in the backstory of his armor-less appearance in The Mandalorian, but I didn't really need to see that and none of it felt remotely connected to the plot or themes or emotional arc of the present-day story.

Like @Sakura12, I still don't get why and how Fett can be considered the local daimyo. Surely it takes more than an exposition droid, a couple of Gammoran henchmen, Fennec, and his own self to hold the territory and manage a crime empire. He assassinated Bib Fortuna and otherwise routed/effectively fired the people working for Fortuna. That doesn't in itself make for an effective takeover.

On 1/5/2022 at 2:18 PM, Msample said:

I'm wondering if we don't see the Tuskens filtering into the city and/or becoming part of Boba Fett's entourage. He's clearly managed to become sympathetic to their plight

I'm wondering why this whole gaffi stick thing was seen as such a milestone for Fett and yet as soon as he got his armor back back in the Mandalorian, he stopped wielding the stick.

On 1/5/2022 at 6:50 PM, Morrigan2575 said:

If i remember correctly, Temuera Morrison talked about the fighting stick and style he used in The Mandalorian as being taken from his Maori background. Looks like they expanded on it to make it part of the Tusken raiders Indigenous culture. 

Wookiepedia says the sticks are directly inspired from Fijian war clubs and appeared in A New Hope, so before Morrison got involved with Star Wars.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, arc said:

the sticks are directly inspired from Fijian war clubs and appeared in A New Hope, so before Morrison got involved with Star Wars.

Nah, I probably just remembered wrong. I'll take a look at the Mandalorian episode thread, I swear I read it there.

ETA: Yep, I got it wrong. It was the fighting style that he was talking about, not the stick.

Morrison told the New York Times that his goal was to bring a Maori spirit and energy, called "wairua" to his performance. "I've been trained in my cultural dance, which we call the haka. I've also been trained in some of our weapons, so that's how I was able to manipulate some of the weapons in my fight scenes and work with the gaffi stick."

Read More: https://www.looper.com/291371/boba-fetts-fighting-style-on-the-mandalorian-chapter-14-explained/?utm_campaign=clip

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Useful 1

Thought about it some more and I think I have five reasons why I’m not into the flashback sequences:

1. no Ming-Na Wen
  2. there’s no plot connection or thematic resonance to the current day sequences
  3. I get my hackles up at white saviour stories.
  4. like I said earlier, when Boba got his armor back in The Mandalorian he ditched that Tusken gaffi stick, suggesting that this whole time didn’t mean that much to him. That it was more of a stepping stone than a new, integral part of him. At least in most white saviour stories the white saviour either stays with the morally righteous natives or is forced by circumstances to leave and regrets it.
  5. Mos Espa just looks good visually and the Tatooine desert of the flashbacks looks quite bad.
Edited by arc
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, arc said:

Like @Sakura12, I still don't get why and how Fett can be considered the local daimyo. Surely it takes more than an exposition droid, a couple of Gammoran henchmen, Fennec, and his own self to hold the territory and manage a crime empire. He assassinated Bib Fortuna and otherwise routed/effectively fired the people working for Fortuna. That doesn't in itself make for an effective takeover.

I guess its a transfer of power thing, like when you could challenge a king for ruling in a mortal combat in the middle ages in some countries. He killed Bip, who was the daimyo at that time, and now he is daimyo, until someone else kills him.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Rushmoras said:

I guess its a transfer of power thing, like when you could challenge a king for ruling in a mortal combat in the middle ages in some countries. He killed Bip, who was the daimyo at that time, and now he is daimyo, until someone else kills him.

And he is in fact seeing challenges to his title, like with the assassin team and the Twins and the sheer disrespect from the mayor! But the crazy thing is he is genuinely surprised that his first week on the throne isn’t universally accepted as a fait accompli. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, arc said:

And he is in fact seeing challenges to his title, like with the assassin team and the Twins and the sheer disrespect from the mayor! But the crazy thing is he is genuinely surprised that his first week on the throne isn’t universally accepted as a fait accompli. 

How did Bib win the first war of succession? The Twins were too lazy? All those angry Trandoshans were scared?

• Love 2
10 hours ago, arc said:

I know Temuera Morrison is mixed race, but in the context of Star Wars, which kind of maps human racial divisions to all humans being white-coded compared to Tuskens, Gungans, etc, this episode's flashback was still extremely a white savior story. (Esp after the Tuskens gave him a vision lizard drug trip.) So yes, Dances with Wolves or Lawrence of Arabia. I didn't like that vibe at all.

And as for the Tuskens needing him to learn how to ride speeder bikes and otherwise coordinate a train heist, well, they probably aren't making their laser rifles and binoculars out in the desert with their nomadic camps. So it's not like they don't already use high tech stuff. Also, it was jarring as hell when the show subtitled a few lines for the Tusken leader and then kept most of the rest of the Tusken dialogue unsubtitled.

So yes, the train heist was fun but overall I'm way more interested in the present day stuff.

Oh, so his reward for beating the six-limbed monster was to get promoted from slave to freedman traveling with the tribe, and now his "reward" for beating the train is to go from wearing (beat-up) light colored clothes to multiple layers of all black clothing? In a desert under two suns??? Ooooof. I guess the robes plus his gaffi stick fill in the backstory of his armor-less appearance in The Mandalorian, but I didn't really need to see that and none of it felt remotely connected to the plot or themes or emotional arc of the present-day story.

I'm wondering why this whole gaffi stick thing was seen as such a milestone for Fett and yet as soon as he got his armor back back in the Mandalorian, he stopped wielding the stick.

Wookiepedia says the sticks are directly inspired from Fijian war clubs and appeared in A New Hope, so before Morrison got involved with Star Wars.

The Sand People don't use Speeder Bikes because Speeder Bikes require fuel and repair shops and infrastructure.  Since they don't use them, they're not familiar with them.  You live in a modern, technological culture.  Can you fly a Space Shuttle which is part of that culture?  Presumably no.

Boba's reward for killing the monster was becoming a freedman traveling with the tribe.  His reward for helping them deal with the train was to be fully initiated as a member of the tribe.

Boba Fett is presumably leaving the gaff stick behind as crime lord because Boba Fett, scary-ass bounty hunter in Mando armor makes for a more convincing daimyo than Boba Fett Gone Native Sand Person.

Edited by johntfs
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, johntfs said:

The Sand People don't use Speeder Bikes because Speeder Bikes require fuel and repair shops and infrastructure.

The Last Jedi aside, I’m hard pressed to think of any other time* where fuel limits was a concern. It actually struck me in the moment in this episode that all the training time on the bikes might use up the fuel before the raid on the train, but it never came up.

* in the movies and Mandalorian. I've never seen the animated shows and I sure as heck haven't read all the comics and EU or even still-canon books.

also, the rifles the Tuskens use must also require more technology and infrastructure than the tribes can carry in their nomadic camps. 

His reward for helping them deal with the train was to be fully initiated as a member of the tribe.

Sure. I'm just struck at the sheer impracticality of wearing heavy black robes in a punishingly hot desert environment. Esp since the first episode went out of its way to emphasize how grueling the Tatooine desert is. It's a bit like when the Stonecutters took the stone of shame off Homer Simpson so he could be given the much larger stone of triumph.

Edited by arc
  • LOL 1
5 hours ago, arc said:

Sure. I'm just struck at the sheer impracticality of wearing heavy black robes in a punishingly hot desert environment. Esp since the first episode went out of its way to emphasize how grueling the Tatooine desert is. It's a bit like when the Stonecutters took the stone of shame off Homer Simpson so he could be given the much larger stone of triumph.

The Tusken Raiders and the Tatooine desert were inspired by the Bedouins. Which is problematic on its own but their clothing does make sense for the setting. It’s about the fit and protection from the sun. The color has no impact on how hot it is with that style. 

Edited by Guest
9 minutes ago, Dani said:

The Tusken Raiders and the Tatooine desert were inspired by the Bedouins. Which is problematic on its own but their clothing does make sense for the setting. It’s about the fit and protection from the sun. The color has no impact on how hot it is with that style. 

today I learned! https://www.theguardian.com/science/2012/aug/19/most-improbable-scientific-research-abrahams 

I withdraw the objection then!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 1/6/2022 at 7:23 PM, raven said:

No, Fennec was on Tatooine in the Mandalorian ep "The Gunslinger".

Also the same episode that Mando swapped binoculars for safe passage with some Tuskens. So, Tuskens acquire technology opportunistically.

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, paigow said:

Also the same episode that Mando swapped binoculars for safe passage with some Tuskens. So, Tuskens acquire technology opportunistically.

There are different clans so it’s easy to explain away any discrepancies. 

21 hours ago, Dani said:

There are different clans so it’s easy to explain away any discrepancies. 

Actually didn't that come up in this episode? I swear there was talking with the chief about different tribes having more technology or using more technology

This was so much better than episode 1!  Quite frankly I only watched this episode because I tend to not give up on shows after only 1 episode.

But boy, I am eating crow.  I went from dislike and boredom last week to liking Boba and rooting for him and his relationship with the Tuscans all in one episode.

The stunt woman playing the female Tuscan warrior was awesome.  I read that is Joanna Bennett, Tony Bennett's daughter.   The whole train action sequence was fantastic. Such a big improvement on last week's clunky action. And no wonder, according to the credits this train sequence was directed by Sam Hargraves, that's the guy who directed the Chris Hemsworth action movie Extraction.

The Hutt twins were very intertwined with each other, the Jaime and Cersei of Star Wars?

I wonder whether next week we will see Boba save Fennec? Did Din barter the binoculars with this tribe?

I am looking forward to next episode.

• Love 2
On 1/5/2022 at 8:58 PM, absnow54 said:

When they mentioned the twins, for half a second, I thought Luke and Leia were going to show up. 

I had the same thought. It's nice to know I'm not alone. 

On 1/6/2022 at 1:00 AM, Cherpumple said:

Like I said, I know most of my Star Wars stuff from the main films so I may have missed something, but what's the big deal with the Hutts? I mean, how did they become such feared gangsters? Maybe it was just due to the limitations of practical effects in the originals, but Jabba could barely move, so how did that bloated worm build a crime empire? 

I always assumed Jabba's massive size was a subtle reference to Marlon Brando in The Godfather. I know Goodfellas came out decades later, but this quote from part of Henry Hill's narration describing another gangster also sums it up/explains it pretty well: "Paulie may have moved slow, but it was only because Paulie didn't have to move for anybody." 

On 1/6/2022 at 2:49 PM, Gummo said:

I am enjoying the use of the TV serieses (how else would you pluralize series?) to flesh out minor and/or tangential characters.

I think the word series is like "sheep" in that singular and plural are the same word. You have one sheep or or you have seven sheep. It's the same with series. She was on a series that aired in 1975 or he made five series that aired during the 1980s. 

On 1/7/2022 at 4:44 AM, arc said:

Thought about it some more and I think I have five reasons why I’m not into the flashback sequences:

there’s no plot connection or thematic resonance to the current day sequences

This made me feel so much better. Since I've only seen the movies and The Mandalorian I was worried I was missing something. My problem with the flashbacks in this episode was that they did not connect to the present day story at all. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Sarah 103 said:

This made me feel so much better. Since I've only seen the movies and The Mandalorian I was worried I was missing something. My problem with the flashbacks in this episode was that they did not connect to the present day story at all. 

I think it's likely more accurate to say that they don't obviously connect to the present story.  Except that they do.  The flashbacks aren't silly thematic things like you'd see in Arrow.  They're telling the story of what happened back then.  And it's pretty clear to me that what happened back then is the "Why?" of what's happening now.

There's currently no speculation thread so I'll spoiler text this next bit.

Spoiler

Boba Fett is and was a legendary bounty hunter.  His gift was finding things and people who usually did not wish to be found.  If he'd wanted to get his armor back prior to when he did, he could have done so fairly easily - especially at this point. 

I think something happened to trigger his desire to "become a crime lord."  Something tragic.  He was in a position to see Din take the armor from Cobb, which indicates that he was there to get it himself.  And once he got it he and Fennac returned to Tatooine.

Consider as well what happened in this episode.  He and his tribe destroyed a valuable vehicle belonging to a crime syndicate, took or destroyed it's valuable cargo and humiliated the syndicate's representatives.  I think that there will very likely be some bad repercussions from that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Boba Fett vs Clay Morrow and the Sons of Anarchy was all kinds of awesome.

I do feel like the human couple must play a larger role in a future episode because why randomly introduce them lik that? There must be more to it.

From what I understand there is vocal part of the fan base that doesn't care for the Sand people flashbacks. Not me...I think they're great.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, North of Eden said:

I do feel like the human couple must play a larger role in a future episode because why randomly introduce them lik that? There must be more to it.

I read somewhere that those two are a deep cut reference to old SW lore. I think a deleted scene from A New Hope or something. So they might not mean anything more. (Aside from the way the franchise under Disney has a regrettable habit of digging up tiny small things and blowing them up into full movies rather than make something new, anyways.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, arc said:

read somewhere that those two are a deep cut reference to old SW lore. I think a deleted scene from A New Hope or something. So they might not mean anything more. (Aside from the way the franchise under Disney has a regrettable habit of digging up tiny small things and blowing them up into full movies rather than make something new, anyways.)

Yeah, I read on Twitter they're Luke's friends from ANH (Camie and Fixer) oh and that was Tosche Station. Haha! I'm going to have to rewatch now because I feel like a failure as a Star Wars fan. 😂

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2