Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: The Family Business

paigow
  • Start Topic

On 1/2/2022 at 10:05 AM, paigow said:

Who was running Miami Metro Homicide??? Nobody -besides Dex- found the common thread that every missing kid was linked to a birthday clown??

They lampshaded that right at the start of the show. Dexter explains that the reason he finds so many victims there is because Miama Metro Homicide totally sucks at catching murderers.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’m trying to imagine a law enforcement officer who doesn’t have a book on criminal procedure……….hmmmmm…….

Turning Traffic Stops Into SexyTimes was a more important textbook...

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’m trying to imagine a law enforcement officer who doesn’t have a book on criminal procedure……….hmmmmm…….

The irritated look she shot Dexter after opening her present was a series highlight for Angela, and one of the only times I've liked her.

It would be a real trip to discover Iron Lake doesn't truly have a police department, and Angela and company are just running around in police uniforms and badges bought off a costume shop, and the precinct is just a building where they hang out until the tavern opens for lunch. 99% of Angela's detective work has been googling things.

• LOL 7
8 minutes ago, Tatum said:

The irritated look she shot Dexter after opening her present was a series highlight for Angela, and one of the only times I've liked her.

It would be a real trip to discover Iron Lake doesn't truly have a police department, and Angela and company are just running around in police uniforms and badges bought off a costume shop, and the precinct is just a building where they hang out until the tavern opens for lunch. 99% of Angela's detective work has been googling things.

The book as a Christmas gift…..well,  if she already had one, she’d likely wonder why her boyfriend, I mean ex-boyfriend, thinks she needs one and if she doesn’t have one, it might cause to her to feel insulted and embarrassed.  A nice foot massager might have gone over better.  Lol. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3
Just now, SunnyBeBe said:

The book as a Christmas gift…..well,  if she already had one, she’d likely wonder why her boyfriend, I mean ex-boyfriend, thinks she needs one and if she doesn’t have one, it might cause to her to feel insulted and embarrassed.  A nice foot massager might have gone over better.  Lol. 

That would be so hilarious if the book was a pointed gesture since she is a SUCH a shitty cop, who has spent far more time investigating her ex boyfriend than she has the missing girls in her town, the school  shooting in her town, or what truly became of Matt Caldwell (I mean, not gonna lie, if I thought my ex was a serial killer I'd look under the hood too, but I'd try and set aside some time to do my actual job as well), but we know it can't be since it's to Dexter's benefit that she sucks so badly at her job.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
32 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

No kidding! How jarring was that to see your home and everything in it reduced to ashes and then 10 minutes later it's no biggie. "Hey, Merry Christmas! Let's open gifts!"

I want him to die for all the innocent lives he shattered, destroyed, and ended with his ceaseless, "I want! To hell with everyone else". I wonder if he ever thinks about Astor and Cody, after he managed to orphan them.

My memory is bad who is Astor and Cody please?

2 minutes ago, chediavolo said:

My memory is bad who is Astor and Cody please?

Dexter's former stepchildren. He framed their father for relapsing on drugs and got him busted for possession (and unregistered weapons, as I recall), which was no big loss, and Trinity killed Rita as a way to hurt Dexter, leaving Astor and Cody with only Dexter for a guardian, which he quickly pushed onto their paternal grandparents because two nosy middle schoolers would have cramped his style.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, chediavolo said:

Not fair that we don’t know how Kurt killed podcast girl. I think we all knew we were going to see her in the dungeon. How is he preserving those bodies? won’t they rot? 

I love Dexter and while what he does isn’t  by any means normal or legal it is still saving lives. I hope he doesn’t die. I know this series isn’t perfect but I like it and hope it goes on.  I also wonder about his son.  

Never heard of two people being so happy 10 minutes after they saw their house after it was burnt to the foundation, having lost everything they own. 

I think he was embalming them, hence the metal table - it looked like a six feet under setup. 

I too hope the series continues, I wouldn't mind if the Harrison storyline faded away and we just dealt with Dexter and his mental trips with Deb.

Surely that gas truck that Kurt drove to the cabin would leave tracks, and hopefully eventually lead the cops back to Kurt. I may have missed something, where was the happy reaction to the cabin burning down? They were happy Dex and Harrison were ok if I read it right.

• Love 4

As Harrison absorbed what Dex was telling him, I did empathize, still….I don’t care for the kid.  Could he bundle up that dark passenger for a year at a college prep boarding school?  Something far away where we’d only see him occasionally when he  FTs with Dexter.  He nor Dex are really team sports kind of people.  Lol

• LOL 1
49 minutes ago, paigow said:

Turning Traffic Stops Into SexyTimes was a more important textbook...

Which reminds me, I thought it was hilarious the last time Angela pulled him over and he said, “Yes, Mistress?” I can just imagine what some of their side-of-the-road assignations may have been like. Handcuffs at the very least.

• LOL 3
40 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

The book as a Christmas gift…..well,  if she already had one, she’d likely wonder why her boyfriend, I mean ex-boyfriend, thinks she needs one and if she doesn’t have one, it might cause to her to feel insulted and embarrassed.

Oh, that was great and another good example of how oblivious Dexter is to social convents and emotional response! But does Dexter really want her to finally learn proper police procedures? That is not in his best interests.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I think Dexter mentioned she just didn’t happen to have that particular one in her collection.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Oh, that was great and another good example of how oblivious Dexter is to social convents and emotional response!

Hee, Dexter: Everything okay, Angela? Angela (glowering at him and speaking with gritted teeth): Just fine, Dexter: Cool beans, call you later! (Voiceover: I'm glad she's not mad at me, that's all I need).

• LOL 3
6 minutes ago, Tatum said:

Hee, Dexter: Everything okay, Angela? Angela (glowering at him and speaking with gritted teeth): Just fine, Dexter

😄

Only Dexter would think a procedural handbook is an appropriate Christmas gift for the woman in his life. Even goofy Harrison had enough sense to give Audrey something that was at least personal.

• Useful 1

he could have played the book off as a gag gift, but nope, totally serious face in describing Harry's protocol.  i thought this was writers being off, not giving dexter a sympathetic side - he knows what makes a decent xmas present. a book on procedures, uh no.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I get the point of Dexter killing Kurt because it's Dexter and his show, but I really hope Dexter somehow leads the authorities to Kurt's underground lair. It feels dismissive and disrespectful to use Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women (only once referred to by Audrey), a real and underreported/underrepresented phenomenon, as a B-plotline in a story featuring a white man.

But then to continue to exploit it, like, "Oh, who gives a fuck about helping solve all these disappearances/murders that my Indigenous girlfriend, the Chief of Police, is really invested in solving? I'm just going to kill this guy and he won't hurt anyone else, but mostly he won't terrorize me or my son anymore." I realize this isn't a morality play, but I really wanted Dexter to just turn in his findings to Angela. Kurt has/had no concrete proof that Dexter did anything to Matt, AND Kurt just burned his house down. Kurt would be in prison forever and so many people would have answers to where their daughters/sisters/mothers/friends disappeared to, years and years ago.

Kurt may have fit the "code", but he was an extremely selfish kill for Dexter...as were Matt and Kurt's stooge. Am I misremembering, or did old Dexter kill NOT out of pure selfishness? He really thought he was ridding the world of "bad guys" while feeding the "Dark Passenger".

And how did Kurt get everything/everyone down that shaft? There was no other entry??

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, bilgistic said:

I realize this isn't a morality play, but I really wanted Dexter to just turn in his findings to Angela.

He never even did that for his own sister, even when he knew how desperately she wanted to apprehend a suspect because unlike him, she actually cared about justice and about the victims of these murderers. He hid what he found out, so he could have the pleasure of stalking and killing and if another innocent person was murdered in the meantime, oh, well. Why would he help police catch anyone? He never gave a shit for any victims of his quarry. Helping police catch them (something he never ever did) would deprive him of his only joy in life, the only thing that made him feel alive.

6 minutes ago, bilgistic said:

Am I misremembering, or did old Dexter kill NOT out of pure selfishness? He really thought he was ridding the world of "bad guys" while feeding the "Dark Passenger".

He only killed out of pure selfishness, like all serial killers do. Without Harry's Code hammered into him, he would have acted just like Brian.

• Love 3

Yeah, I can see that. I guess it just feels extra gross here with the victims of Dexter's "catch" being for the most part an already exploited and underrepresented group.

And now teaching Harrison the "code". I just... Subconscious Deb annoys me, but I was yelling right along with her...therapy! Institutionalize him!

Edited by bilgistic
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, bilgistic said:

"Oh, who gives a fuck about helping solve all these disappearances/murders that my Indigenous girlfriend, the Chief of Police, is really invested in solving? I'm just going to kill this guy and he won't hurt anyone else, but mostly he won't terrorize me or my son anymore."

That's what I thought! I said aloud to my husband, um, he's still going to make sure those girls underground get discovered, right? There has to be a way of blowing the lid off that without implicating himself and if he seriously lets all these missing girls' families just forever wonder what happened to their daughter/sister/whatever...I mean, there is no redeeming that.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, CarpeFelis said:

Kurt embalms the bodies, which slows decomposition. Maybe the containers he put them in are refrigerated?

I don’t want Dexter to die either, so I hope the theory I posted above is wrong.

Slows.. but within a month things would be nasty. This show is sloppy.  We don't know how Molly was offed... we don't know why, people say it was because she was on to Kurt but she TOTALLY wasn't and they never set up any reason for him to think that.  Especially to take the chance on bringing media and national authorities to town. 

It is bad enough that every single small town and country in the USA seems to have an exotic serial killer.. I could buy some of that in Miami but.. it is becoming laughable. 

I want Dexter to be caught and go on trial (and be found not guilty by jury nullification). Perhaps we can see that storyline play out beside Harrison's first steps into Dexter II. 

One thing that really irritated me about this show was Dexter always magically got away with it. I could perhaps fanwank that Dexter was smart but this whole season he has made so many mistakes. If he gets away scott free again... I don't see how that is any different than the end of season 8.  Magic lucky Dexter. 

I can't see Dexter dying because I think that would make the audience unlikely to care too much about a "new dexter"- I don't think people like a show about a serial killer, I think they like Dexter and the characters established in the original series. I want to see their reaction to finding out what Dexter is. I honestly don't see the point of this new series with out that. It isn't like we haven't seen Dexter kill a zillion times. It isn't interesting anymore. I don't want to see Harrison do the same thing. 

Edited by BooBear
  • Love 4

This episode smells like it was cut and the timeline rearranged. The Christmas portion of the episode may have been for an earlier episode which would make more sense than this soup bowl of crazy.

Has anyone ever seen a clown in full makeup with a beard? I can't get past this detail.

Killing the podcaster off screen was strange. Maybe they'll show the murder in a flashback, but I can't help thinking the reveal was for shock value only.

The titanium pins remind me of an old case in Chicago where a body in a demolition site was identified by the rods in the legs.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, BooBear said:

I don't think people like a show about a serial killer, I think they like Dexter and the characters established in the original series

Yes, and that show was unique, quirky, and full of great writing, acting, and brilliant black humour - all things this show is lacking.

37 minutes ago, WaltersHair said:

Has anyone ever seen a clown in full makeup with a beard? I can't get past this detail.

Come to think of it, I never saw that either. 😆 I guess they did that to make him look even more evil.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I find a firearm an odd gift, as someone upthread mentioned, for a student who’s been involved in two violent incidents on campus.  

All part of the Code. Blend in. Everyone at Iron Lake High has a hunting rifle.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, aghst said:

Kurt was going to kill them so there really was little leeway on whether or not to kill Kurt.

And he wanted to kill Harrison and he was a serial killer as well. He killed Matt by mistake. He hit him during the fight - not that he didn't dream about killing the SOB (who killed and injured his friends in the boating "accident"). And the "stooge" was hunting him to take back to Kurt so he could kill Dexter. I do hope that they find the tanks. I can't imagine the energy needed to keep that system going for so many years. How did it get there without anyone knowing about it they can't do all that work in the dark of night!? 

Dexter explains that the reason he finds so many victims there is because Miami Metro Homicide totally sucks at catching murderers.

And lawyers suck at putting them behind actual bars. But he also hindered police work to keep them for himself.

• Love 3
On 1/2/2022 at 2:50 PM, CarpeFelis said:

I had a similar thought when Dexter deliberately tripped Kurt’s warning system. Now that he knew they were there, what was to stop him from showing up and trapping them down there? At that point a lookout was really necessary! And Kurt NOT showing up felt like a plot contrivance.

How do you know there was no back entrance??  Yes. Good points.  Nobody would have purposely tripped the alarm.  That was stuid, but it’s also,stupid tjat Kurt knew Dexter/Jim killed Matt.  There was no way he could know that.  

I assume he broke his pattern and killed Molly because he was afraid she’d catch on to him. We already knew from the episode where Dexter followed Kurt and Molly that he was probably going to kill her.

Well, Molly would not go near Kurt so it’s dumb he reached her.  They couldn’t show the abduction because there was nothing believable they could show.  

ETA: With Kurt dead I hope we don’t have to listen to that stupid Runaway song ever again. The instrumental part always sounded to me like it belongs in a circus.

Sorry - it’s a good song!

• Love 1

Anyone else notice that one of the names in the vet's ledger of people who bought Ketamine was "Al Chung" - "for his cows". In Season 3 Albert Chung was a burglar who killed a woman when taken by surprise. He ended up getting a sweetheart deal from Ellen Wolfe and that PO'd a bunch of people, including Dexter and Masuka (also because he made Asians look bad.) Dexter never killed him - he apparently went into a brief prison term. Either the writers are just having fun, or that ledger entry means something. 

Edited by Pike Ludwell
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

My favorite moment in the episode was the quick look exchanged between Dexter and Deb when Dexter told Harrison that he would never hurt family.  For once, Deb didn't say "WTF?", but it was definitely implied.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Dexter being so glad Harrison is like him and doesn't judge him  really contradicts the series finale of the original. Dexter had acceptance, from various girlfriends (Lila, Lumen, and finally, his "great love", Hannah). He left everyone because he felt they would be better off without him, and he knew that he would always be putting people close to him in danger, as the killers he targeted might target him back.  And now, case in point, Harrison was setup to be collateral damage in Dexter and Kurt's little pissing contest. Yeah, Dexter saved him -in the nick of time- but doesn't this just prove to Dexter that anyone close to him is always like, 5 seconds away from death?

To me it seems like the writers thought that fans were sad for Dexter, living his sad little Wolverine self imposed exile, and wanted to give him a happy ending after all. Maybe Angela will finally bring the hammer down on Dexter in the next episode, but ten bucks says Dexter then shows Angela Kurt's underground museum and Angela decides she can live with Dexter out in the world as long as there is one less Kurt in it.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, CarpeFelis said:

I think Dexter mentioned she just didn’t happen to have that particular one in her collection.

And if Dex was a Frasier fan he would have added that it was a first edition or the original Latin version...

• LOL 6
3 hours ago, Tatum said:

Dexter being so glad Harrison is like him and doesn't judge him  really contradicts the series finale of the original.

Dexter always yearned to be a hero to someone who understood him, loved him and admired what he did. He was elated to have exactly that with Lumen, although her desire to kill left her and she dumped him. Lila brought out his truly "dark" side, and he liked it until she turned on him. He thought he had a great partner and friend with Miguel, a monster he (Dex) set loose but who got out of his control. Hannah, well, she certainly didn't judge him and his bizarre infatuation with her allowed him to forgive her even after she tried to murder Deb.

"The little wooden boy" just can't seem to learn there really is no honour among serial killers. Now there is no going back from what he revealed to Harrison. Can't see that working out all that well.

11 hours ago, Bulldog said:

My favorite moment in the episode was the quick look exchanged between Dexter and Deb when Dexter told Harrison that he would never hurt family.  For once, Deb didn't say "WTF?", but it was definitely implied. 

That was good! She could have started ticking off on her fingers: "Let's see - Rita, Cody, Astor, Harry,  Harrison , and don't forget about ME, fuckwad."

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Dexter always yearned to be a hero to someone who understood him, loved him and admired what he did

I mean I get that he wants that, but the basis conundrum remains- there is no way for him to be close to anyone without putting them in danger, as he learned with Rita, Deb, and now Harrison in the reboot. Sure he can be glad Harrison admires him, but Harrison can't be safe as long as he's in Dexter's life, so really this whole season has resolved nothing in terms of Dexter's conclusion he must walk this earth alone :).

• Love 3

Did you all see that clown?! I think I would have killed him. yeesh. I am enjoying the unfolding of the "code" to Harrison. Of course, it's total nonsense since the only rule is don't get caught, but I root for Dexter to get away with it anyway. 

I'm enjoying all the savage burns here at Angela's expense. Not for nothing, I'm not going to be upset if anyone wants to give me a book. 

I was surprised that Dexter was doing gifts with her since they're broken up. 

When they don't write Harrison whiny and attitude all the time, the actor is doing just fine. He did great in the whole 'code' scene. The anger is certainly justified, but I don't know if they wanted him to play it so petulant or what.  

On 1/3/2022 at 1:56 PM, Tatum said:

99% of Angela's detective work has been googling things.

And 1% listening to podcasts. Maybe she needs that book.

I think what annoys me about Molly's podcast narration is that she's saying 'fuck' like she's a kid who just learned the word. The placement is off. 

Edited by DoctorAtomic
  • Like 1
  • Love 5

On 1/2/2022 at 12:50 PM, CarpeFelis said:

I assume he broke his pattern and killed Molly because he was afraid she’d catch on to him. We already knew from the episode where Dexter followed Kurt and Molly that he was probably going to kill her.

Or at least expose that he was lying about Matt. Well, first rule is don't get caught, right? Would those bodies be preserved that long?

That was a great reveal though. 

On 1/2/2022 at 1:32 PM, aghst said:

What is Angela suppose to conclude that Dexter stabbed Matt with that screw?

She might! I mean, the book. 

On 1/2/2022 at 8:41 PM, AngelaHunter said:

And there's Dexter and Harrison's footprints leading from the hatch to that weird vehickle and the tracks from THAT going back to Dexter's  place. I think maybe Miami Dex still hasn't got the hang of this serial killing in the snow thing yet.

I don't live in NY, but I live in a snowy area, and those ATVs are ubiquitous. Blend in. 

On 1/3/2022 at 12:28 PM, chediavolo said:

I love Dexter and while what he does isn’t  by any means normal or legal it is still saving lives. I hope he doesn’t die. I know this series isn’t perfect but I like it and hope it goes on.

It would be hard to call bs on Dexter finally being brought to justice or someone finally getting him, but I can't see the show going on without him killing about wherever he decides to go (I'm speculating he will flee Iron Lake; no spoilers). I have no illusions that he's nothing but a monster, but I don't do bad things so he wouldn't come after me anyway. 

I kind of hope he doesn't kill Angela; they disappear, and she's the only one that knows. I mean, knows, but not enough to actually be able to do anything about it legally. 

Re: the titanium screws - When Angela looked at the screw at the end, there clearly was a serial number. 

• Love 3
On 1/4/2022 at 9:09 AM, WaltersHair said:

This episode smells like it was cut and the timeline rearranged. The Christmas portion of the episode may have been for an earlier episode which would make more sense than this soup bowl of crazy.

Dexter seems to recover quickly from GSW on his leg and (maybe) head injury/concussion.

Beardy clown… only in Dexterland! 😂

D7772260-38C8-4B1B-A177-F741A63BEF1F.jpeg

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
47 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Or at least expose that he was lying about Matt. Well, first rule is don't get caught, right? Would those bodies be preserved that long?

That was a great reveal though. 

She might! I mean, the book. 

I don't live in NY, but I live in a snowy area, and those ATVs are ubiquitous. Blend in. 

It would be hard to call bs on Dexter finally being brought to justice or someone finally getting him, but I can't see the show going on without him killing about wherever he decides to go (I'm speculating he will flee Iron Lake; no spoilers). I have no illusions that he's nothing but a monster, but I don't do bad things so he wouldn't come after me anyway. 

I kind of hope he doesn't kill Angela; they disappear, and she's the only one that knows. I mean, knows, but not enough to actually be able to do anything about it legally. 

Re: the titanium screws - When Angela looked at the screw at the end, there clearly was a serial number. 

How does titanium screws prove that Dexter killed Matt?  It only proves that he’s dead but Kurt could have done it since he insisted Matt was still alive. In addition, how can Angela prove that Dexter is the BHB?  Evidence gathered via the internet is circumstantial at best. Her suspicions should only keep her from continuing her relationship with Dexter.  If Dexter confesses and Angela puts Dexter in jail it would be another unsatisfactory ending with no conclusion to Dexter’s fate because there’s only one episode left.  I’m thinking that Angela will be grateful to Dexter when he shows her all of Kurt’s trophies.    

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

There was discussion upthread about how surgical metal has to have an identifier, so I made a note to check it out at the end to confirm there was a serial number. 

On 1/2/2022 at 3:28 PM, Morrigan2575 said:

Based on Law& Order Criminal Intent, the pins have serial nbers which are tracked. So the pins will can confirm they came from Matt's disposed body.

However, going from that to proof that Jim/Dexter killed Matt will take a leap

Edited by DoctorAtomic
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I think what annoys me about Molly's podcast narration is that she's saying 'fuck' like she's a kid who just learned the word. The placement is off. 

She must have taken lessons from Debra.

• LOL 6

I don’t think Dex really considered how a teen’s brain is just not fully developed yet.  Harrison could easily get emotional, angry or passionate and spill the beans to his girlfriend. Then girlfriend confides in her mom or makes comments about it on social media.  On tv dramas, teens just can’t be trusted with family crime secrets.  Lol

• Love 4
3 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I think what annoys me about Molly's podcast narration is that she's saying 'fuck' like she's a kid who just learned the word.

I was thinking the same thing! Was she trying to impress people and show how badass, edgy, and cool she was by saying "Fuck" before or after every other word and sounding so self-conscious about doing it? I curse like a sailor too, but I wouldn't do it if I knew I had an audience listening to me. But maybe her particular audience thinks it's so cool as well.

Deb said fuck constantly - 994 times to be exact - but she wasn't speaking to an audience. It was just part of her passionate nature and who she was. Growing up with cops surely didn't help refine her vocabulary.

3 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Dexter seems to recover quickly from GSW on his leg

Now he has matching scars on both legs. I guess after the first time it's not all that bothersome when it happens again?

3 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Yes, but none of the tracks of those others lead direcly to the door of "Kurt's Murder 'n Mannequin Museum". 😄

That clown? Holy shit. I hope no one visiting this forum has "Coulrophobia". I just looked that up.

"Some experts believe as many as 1 in 10 adults have a fear of clowns."

I didn't before, but now I think I do.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

In Fanaddicts podcast, Scott Reynolds (the writer) mentioned  that it was Kurt who left the envelope in Angela’s mailbox. It’s a final “f*ck you” from him.

Prior to that, some fans were comparing the note with Ethan’s kill list.

DE9F2219-C269-4A44-8818-F9014261526F.jpeg

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 1/2/2022 at 1:05 AM, paigow said:

Who was running Miami Metro Homicide??? Nobody -besides Dex- found the common thread that every missing kid was linked to a birthday clown??

Angel was out doing blow and Miami hookers and Debra was getting drunk.

8 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Prior to that, some fans were comparing the note with Ethan’s kill list.

Probably someone behind the scenes, maybe a camera operator, who has nice printing so they got him to write both. This could just be one of the lazy little irritating goofs often seen on this show taht were so unnecessary and for which there is no excuse.

Did they run out of film? Couldn't afford to take some new pictures? Thought, "Eh, no one will notice!"?

interpoDexter-36356074-500-442.jpg.5d51e2d5c8f4a7b3f01b60d7a35b61b5.jpg

• Love 1
11 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I was thinking the same thing! Was she trying to impress people and show how badass, edgy, and cool she was by saying "Fuck" before or after every other word and sounding so self-conscious about doing it? I curse like a sailor too, but I wouldn't do it if I knew I had an audience listening to me. But maybe her particular audience thinks it's so cool as well.

I do too, but I do it like an adult. I don't object to her actually using language, but like I said, she's inserting it seemingly random and without emphasis. It's a podcast, so all you have is audio. Do it right. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Probably someone behind the scenes, maybe a camera operator, who has nice printing so they got him to write both. This could just be one of the lazy little irritating goofs often seen on this show taht were so unnecessary and for which there is no excuse.

Yeah. The show (any show) shouldn’t underestimate the viewers. Not anymore. 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Love 1