Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E10: Margaret's Journey

• Start Topic

What the heck was going on when Millie was exclaiming, "Look!  Look!  Isn't that somethin?!" when Margaret was splayed all on her back naked on the side of the bed?  What the hell was she talking about?  Her rotund stomach?! Her Michelin Man legs?!  Her sewage dump smell?!  That woman has to be nose blind.  To be in that close proximity of that waste dump crotch on a daily basis you would have to be.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 1/9/2022 at 5:17 PM, FormeryHeavyJ said:

Just watching this episode now on my cable company's repeat channel.  Been wondering why her voice sounded vaguely familiar.  Does anyone else think she sounds like MeMaw from Young Sheldon?

Memaw.jpg

Is that Annie Potts??  Don't watch Young Sheldon ( but a big fan of BBT).  

• Love 3

I don't watch Young Sheldon either, but I loved Annie Potts as Mary Jo on "Designing Women."

In the annals of creepy mother-daughter relationships, this one belongs right up there with Edie and Edith Bouvier Beale of "Grey Gardens" fame. These two need serious psychiatric help.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, mmecorday said:

I don't watch Young Sheldon either, but I loved Annie Potts as Mary Jo on "Designing Women."

In the annals of creepy mother-daughter relationships, this one belongs right up there with Edie and Edith Bouvier Beale of "Grey Gardens" fame. These two need serious psychiatric help.

I see your name and i SCREAM laughing.   Kudos to you.  Loved Designing Women!

On 1/7/2022 at 2:28 PM, Teriacky said:

Mommy is trying to atone for leaving her in order to have her own life (not too sure about the lifestyle she has chosen) by infantilizing her to a ridiculous degree. 

So I was confused by this.  When Margaret explained it, she said the mom left with one of the other kids, and she was left with the dad, who told her that her mom didn't want her.  Was the mom's story that she wanted Margaret to come too but the dad wouldn't let her take Margaret?

On 1/6/2022 at 3:31 PM, Sasha888 said:

That said, Margaret was on a very strict Dr Now style diet, and should not have been having an extra container of dressing on each salad.

On 1/6/2022 at 8:57 PM, AZChristian said:

And - even if they did give her two containers in the to-go salad container - wouldn't that imply that there were two servings of salad in there, and each serving got ONE little container of salad dressing?

And...even if 'cup' was referring to 'container', and even if she only ate one container, I guarantee that that's far more than Dr. Now's diet would allow, if his diet allows for creamy salad dressings at all.  I did a quick scientific experiment and one of those little restaurant dressing containers held about 3 tbsp of dressing, but a serving of salad dressing is only 2 tbsp.

Even using a 2-tbsp serving, for honey mustard dressing, that is about 70-100 calories, depending on which calculator you use, and it's anywhere from 45%-65% fat and 6-8 carbs.  When you only get 1200 calories a day, and it's a low carb diet, there is no way that such a relatively high-calorie, low-nutrient item would be allowed.  In fact, right as I was typing this, I decided to do a quick internet search about his diet, and sure enough, it indicated salads without dressing.  

On 1/7/2022 at 10:07 AM, MakingBacon said:

I thought it was interesting mom had a boyfriend with her during Margaret’s surgery. I would bet Margaret doesn’t get along with with him since he is a threat to mommy and me time. 

I think I heard correctly, that they told Dr. Paradise that even when Mommy goes to work, that Margaret calls her all day every day, sometimes even talking 7-8 hours?  So how on earth does Mommy get her job done, and not get fired?  What exactly does Mommy do?  And what on earth could they possibly talk about for all that time? 

On 1/6/2022 at 8:09 PM, Kbo said:

Listening to mama screaming when the PT people were outside was a sharp contrast to all the insistence that Margaret is her baby.  There’s got to be some weird stuff going on behind closed doors. 

Yeah, I think she's the type who puts on a sweet, supportive front for the cameras, and could turn into a she-devil when the cameras aren't there (or when she forgets that she's mic'ed even though the cameras aren't inside).

• Love 3
14 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

I think I heard correctly, that they told Dr. Paradise that even when Mommy goes to work, that Margaret calls her all day every day, sometimes even talking 7-8 hours?  So how on earth does Mommy get her job done, and not get fired?  What exactly does Mommy do?  And what on earth could they possibly talk about for all that time?

“Your call is very important to us-please continue to hold. Estimated wait time is 7-8 hours…”

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

Margaret’s mom may work in a stock room, or be a cleaning person or a caregiver.

I am sure if my sister’s caregiver wanted to talk on the phone for several hours during her work day she could- there’s lots of down time, and when she’s cooking, cleaning, doing laundry etc that’s time she could be on the phone. 

• Love 1
On 1/17/2022 at 6:01 PM, Scarlett45 said:

Margaret’s mom may work in a stock room, or be a cleaning person or a caregiver.

I am sure if my sister’s caregiver wanted to talk on the phone for several hours during her work day she could- there’s lots of down time, and when she’s cooking, cleaning, doing laundry etc that’s time she could be on the phone. 

Our letter carrier is always chatting on the phone when he walks around delivering mail.

• Love 4

On 1/6/2022 at 6:12 PM, Hellohappylife said:

Her dad was 1,000 pounds,both her & mom feared him when she was a kid?

I’m sorry but how can you possibly be terrified of someone who is 1,000 pounds? By time they even rollover, they are so out of breath that you can practically tiptoe slowly out the damn door. 

I'm guessing he controlled the money and wasn't afraid to turn it off in creative ways if he wasn't catered to. Plus guns, threats, etc. Woman with limited marketable skills, multiple kids - leaving even a bad situation can be near impossible if you don't have your own money.  Few women are prepared to put their kids out into the street, if that's the only option they have other than staying. 

Of course she did manage to get out with "some" of her kids. 

On 1/6/2022 at 7:54 PM, snarkish said:

Did anyone else notice Dr. Now looked like "Get me outta here!" uncomfortable when he told Margaret and her Mother that he'd let her get surgery? It was like she won the showcase showdown on The Price is Right.

I think these people triggered his (and my) primal "back away" instinct. Their energy was so twisted and "off" that pure animal instinct would tell you to back away slowly and not engage - all the more so when they revved it up to 12.  Assanti was hyper obnoxious and the relationship with his father was twisted, but he was basically just an asshole with anger issues, and being fat was a separate issue.  These two... the creep factor when it comes to their dynamic is off the charts. 

On 1/16/2022 at 9:47 PM, LuvMyShows said:

So I was confused by this.  When Margaret explained it, she said the mom left with one of the other kids, and she was left with the dad, who told her that her mom didn't want her.  Was the mom's story that she wanted Margaret to come too but the dad wouldn't let her take Margaret?

SNIP

Yeah, I think she's the type who puts on a sweet, supportive front for the cameras, and could turn into a she-devil when the cameras aren't there (or when she forgets that she's mic'ed even though the cameras aren't inside).

From what the Mom said, it seems like Margaret was given the choice at the time and chose Dad. Now to give them both the benefit of the doubt, that certainly could have happened and Margaret in her child's mind could have twisted it as her mom not fighting for her, or maybe she changed her mind shortly thereafter but was never given an opportunity to appeal the decision because her mom dropped out of her life? If a young kid is given a choice and then the parent literally disappears altogether from their life, it would still be abandonment to the kid, regardless of whether they were consulted about living arrangements ahead of time.  The darkest spin I can put on it is she picked Daddy and Mom just ghosted her, but now is throwing back in her face that it was HER decision.

I didn't care for the mom's energy in the hospital -- too performative -- but that scene with the physical therapists...  Almost makes it look like a "Misery" situation where she wants the daughter helpless and dependent (maybe the other kids all bailed on her?)  Daughter keeps mom close by being needy, mom keeps daughter close by infantalizing her. The whiplash between her screaming at the daughter to get up and do physical therapy and the viciousness with which she ordered the women to go away was crazy. 

Oh to be a fly on the wall as those women drove away from the house out of camera shot.

• Love 5
On 1/16/2022 at 9:47 PM, LuvMyShows said:

My MIL and her ex boyfriend used to do this. It drove us up the wall (she lived with us at the time) because they'd greet one another first thing in the morning and then the rest of the day was just a random "Baby, what are you doing?" and  listening to one another breathing. 😂

Every now and then he'd put her on mute or hang up long enough to check on a patient (he worked in a hospital lifting and turning patients), but as soon as that was done it was "I'm back, baby!" And then background noise and conversations alllll day long. 

How her phone never needed to be charged is beyond me. That thing was on from first thing in the morning to well past midnight. 

Edited by PaTatertots
Predictive text thought "on" should be "in"
  • LOL 2
7 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I saw part of the rerun, but fortunately tuned out before Dr. Paradise's visit, where Margaret was exposed, and tried to go after Dr. Paradise.    

I saw it and I swear, if I ever hear the word "momma" again...

• Applause 1
  • LOL 2