Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E10: Margaret's Journey

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

He was certainly wearing nothing but a sheet as often as he could get away with it...I don't know that they actually let him expose his genitals to anyone who came to his apt to help him...he had a personal care assistant (who deserved hazard pay...Princess I think was her name) who came by during filming. That's just what I remember being on film though, I would make no bets on what that jackass would do when the camera crew wasn't there. I wouldn't put anything past him!

Poor Princess, poor Dr. Paradise, poor nutritionists who get treated like garbage...these people who go into these homes, my gosh, what a job to have to do. Going into filthy rat's nests to help obstinate people who don't want help, and then they treat you like this.

I wouldn't be surprised if he did but maybe not when the cameras were rolling. 

Don't forget Dr. Now gets treated like garbage too. I don't think he has gone to anyone's home in awhile though. 

• Love 3

I often fast forward through the psychotherapy visits but so glad I didn't this time.

Dr. Paradise was a prince trying to talk sense to that crying, angry, naked lady. I thought she was going to tackle him there for a moment.

• Love 11

There was one scene when someone else was in the room where her mother at least had the sense to cover her up and she angrily uncovered herself again.  I can't remember if that was when Dr. P was there or the male therapist, but someone else was there in the room.  

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Don't forget Dr. Now gets treated like garbage too. I don't think he has gone to anyone's home in awhile though. 

Good point, I forgot to include "Poor Dr. Now"! The smells alone!!! 😆

Your mention of "not going into anyone's home in awhile" made me think of something else....would these people feel free to get naked to show their displeasure if the counseling session or physical therapy session was in the therapist's office? I doubt it, and it would be a more actionable offense if they did, I would imagine.

It might cut down on my business, but I'd refuse to do house calls after an incident like this, if I were a therapist of some kind.

2 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

There was one scene when someone else was in the room where her mother at least had the sense to cover her up and she angrily uncovered herself again.

Wow! Good catch! I didn't notice that. Well that really proves her intent, doesn't it.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I would choke but she is probably used to it. 

When Dr. Now did the endoscopy he didn't seem to see any issues with her intestinal tract except the gall stones.  That means that somehow, some way, that massive amount of food she eats makes it down her digestive system. 

I think I recall from some science class in high school it's called peristalsis where the body rhythmically moves food down your digestive tract irrespective of gravity.  I understand it, but I don't "get it."😄

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Sasha888 said:

Margaret would have stopped receiving ANY help at all at that point, if I was in charge of the show. I wouldn't have put those therapists through any more of that, and I don't blame the two female PT's from the beginning for never showing up again. At the very least I hope she received one hell of a scathing call from Dr. Now. She's absolutely vile.

As with Steven Assanti (sorry to be so cynical but can't help myself), I think the show is FINE with such outrageous behavior as it is a ratings bonanza. 

As we can see, the buzz on the boards today centers around her nakedness.  I bet a lot of viewers who missed the original airing will want to view the episode on "On Demand."

• Love 5
1 hour ago, borealis said:

I just hope that house call was his last work duty of the day and afterward he took advantage of the trip and went down to the beach!!!

I would have headed to the nearest bar! 

• LOL 8
  • Love 3

Her dad was 1,000 pounds,both her & mom feared him when she was a kid?

I’m sorry but how can you possibly be terrified of someone who is 1,000 pounds? By time they even rollover, they are so out of breath that you can practically tiptoe slowly out the damn door. 

Edited by Hellohappylife
  • LOL 2
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Kenzie said:

I often fast forward through the psychotherapy visits but so glad I didn't this time.

Dr. Paradise was a prince trying to talk sense to that crying, angry, naked lady. I thought she was going to tackle him there for a moment.

I was worried about her going after Dr. Paradise in that segment too.   I'm glad he was standing up, and near the front door.     I'm hoping the camera crew would have intervened to help Dr. Paradise too.   

Did anyone get a total count on Margaret's crying spells?    I counted at least eight, but I'm betting I missed some.   

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I thought she was going to tackle him there for a moment.

I thought the same thing and, actually, I think Dr. P. did too. He jumped up and backed away VERY quickly.  Thank goodness he could got out of her reach before she could get close to him. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Okay....UNCLE. I finished the episode. Poor Dr. P. I agree with above, her waddling to the bathroom half nakey was a big "F U" to everyone there. Dr. P. was right though. let her go...obviously she can walk if she wants to!

Yeah, that eating while lying down was insane,, I don't know how she can do that. One thing I wonder watching all of these poundticipants is how how they can lie prone. I am about 50 pounds overweight and have sleep apnea, I have an adjustable bed frame. How they can sleep flat without dying from suffocation baffles me. 

This episode brought up memories of my ex husband...the man would cry over anything and everything and it drove me bananas. Now, I have to say I am a cryer and will cry when frustrated, which pisses me off because I really want to kill you. And even he would cry over shit more than me. I never knew what would set him off. Margaret was the female version of him. 

Margaret's butt reminded me of Charity from seasons past. Another butt with wings. 

Did anyone else notice Dr. Now looked like "Get me outta here!" uncomfortable when he told Margaret and her Mother that he'd let her get surgery? It was like she won the showcase showdown on The Price is Right.

• LOL 7
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, borealis said:

I'm gonna be like I was last week & talk about driving distances. 😋 Dr. Paradise's office (and looks like it's also his home) is in a part of Houston called Montrose, just west of downtown. Assuming that's where he drove from, Baytown's a nice drive from there. I just hope that house call was his last work duty of the day and afterward he took advantage of the trip and went down to the beach!!!

I like to imagine Dr. Paradise wheeling out of there and speed dialing Lola. “Girl, you are not going to believe this one” 😂

I feel like it’s safe to say that long-time viewers of this show have seen things. Things we’d like to forget that are burned into our brains. Even so, this was the weirdest episode in recent memory.  Listening to mama screaming when the PT people were outside was a sharp contrast to all the insistence that Margaret is her baby.  There’s got to be some weird stuff going on behind closed doors. Would love to hear what the siblings have to say about all this. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 15
12 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I don't care about Margaret or Millie, her mother.

I started calling the mother Methany.  She looked methed up to me.  Yeesh!

Edited by swankie
Spelling.
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

Not to ruin everyone's fun snarking, but I took the "2 cups" statement to mean something different. Margaret appears to be eating take-out salads from a restaurant. I assumed "cups" meant the little container a restaurant puts your dressing in, when you order a salad and they serve your dressing on the side. 

I don't believe anyone could dump 2 measuring cups of dressing on a salad. It would be disgusting beyond belief, even to someone who loves dressing.

I think Goofball Mom's mention of "cups" means "containers". 

That said, Margaret was on a very strict Dr Now style diet, and should not have been having an extra container of dressing on each salad.

A valid option, but . . . when Mama served her the first salad, she handed Margaret a bottle of salad dressing.  When I saw it, I turned to Mr. AZC and said, "And I bet she pours the whole bottle on her salad."  They didn't show that, but they didn't show any little cups either.  And - even if they did give her two containers in the to-go salad container - wouldn't that imply that there were two servings of salad in there, and each serving got ONE little container of salad dressing?

I guess this will remain as one of the great mysteries of "reality" TV.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

I agree so much with what everyone's saying about Margaret's nakedness. I was so shocked I had to pause the show and just say "Oh my God" out loud several times. I could not believe it.

I believe Margaret knew exactly what she was doing, and this was a deliberate "Fuck You" to people she did not want to talk to. She did not want physical therapy, and she did not want counseling from Dr. Paradise. 

Now imagine, for a moment, that a male poundticipant took their penis out in the same situations. That is essentially what she did...she "shook her dick" at anything and anyone she didn't like, so to speak.

Margaret would have stopped receiving ANY help at all at that point, if I was in charge of the show. I wouldn't have put those therapists through any more of that, and I don't blame the two female PT's from the beginning for never showing up again. At the very least I hope she received one hell of a scathing call from Dr. Now. She's absolutely vile.

On a lighter note...I did feel her reprehensible behavior gave me full permission to mock her, so I had one hell of a good time laughing at her when she threw her "I'm walking out" tantrum at Dr. Paradise. "You can't take my mommy from me!" 😆 Followed by the slowest angry stomp-off in the history of the world!

Then she sits there, literally a few feet away in the bathroom, with her bratty look on her face while he just calmly continues to talk to her messed up mother.  Yep, you really showed him!

Wasn’t it amazing how fast she could actually get out of bed and walk when she was motivated to do so!

And I totally agree with you about her being naked from the waist down was a deliberate fuck you to whomever was showing up that she did not want to see.

She is the only one I have watched so far where I was not happy when weight loss was successful. Generally, I am cheering them on when they actually do it. Not her. She is unlikable at any size.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Hellohappylife said:

I’m sorry but how can you possibly be terrified of someone who is 1,000 pounds? By time they even rollover, they are so out of breath that you can practically tiptoe slowly out the damn door. 

I could see a little child being afraid of someone who was verbally abusive to them. Also I have seen from several of these episodes that the caregivers are often emotionally manipulated and subjected to verbal abuse if they don’t bring the participant the food they want. 

I don’t know what to believe regarding what Margaret said, but it’s likely the 1,000 pounds is a hyperbole? Her father may have been very morbidly obese and eventually bedridden but not actually 1000lbs. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Kenzie said:

Lady??   I think you give her waaay too much credit.  Margaret and "lady" don't belong in the same sentence. Infantile human is more like it  lol.    I know what you mean tho ..😏

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, Kid said:

Wasn’t it amazing how fast she could actually get out of bed and walk when she was motivated to do so!

And I totally agree with you about her being naked from the waist down was a deliberate fuck you to whomever was showing up that she did not want to see.

She is the only one I have watched so far where I was not happy when weight loss was successful. Generally, I am cheering them on when they actually do it. Not her. She is unlikable at any size.

That totally reminded me of Steven Assanti.  Sprawled out naked.  Like some kind of circus freak show.  I think they get off on it or something.  They get off on shocking people.  Idk..   Sooo gross.  Have one teeny ounce of dignity please!  Ughh

• Love 7

Did all of you catch on her visit to Dr. Now's office, that she made a puddle on the sidewalk?    

Also, the Supersized version of this with bonus scenes is on 7 to 9 p.m. Central, next Thursday the 13th.    I can only imagine the horrors the few brave souls that watch this version will be subjected to.   And I can only shudder to think at the little facts that will pop up on the screen, and the desperation of the poor people who have to add information to this awful episode.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
59 minutes ago, Kid said:

I agree with you on that. I know they blur out the area, but there’s no way anyone could see any genitalia- her stomach hung so low that there’s no way you could see her mons pubis. And many of us women who have thick thighs (much less someone her size), the fat covers the vulva while laying down. 

The way Margaret behaved, it wasn’t just typical asshole behavior. It seemed like she didn’t understand any social rules or maybe she just didn’t care? With her crying and petulance. Something else was going on outside the issues that accompany all of these participants. Perhaps because Margaret NEVER lived any sort of adult life? Most of the participants have been large since childhood, but most have held some type of job, social relationships, interests etc.  I don’t know. 

• Love 8

I saw this whole shitshow but wasn't on chat.  Mama (Millie) an enabler - feels better than her daughter (I can relate).  I have NEVER seen so many rolls on legs in my whole life.  Dr. Paradise is a SAINT.. the poor bastard having to look at things that he needs bleach to get out).  Her HOO-HAA.. was so spread out.. I was waitiing for one of them dogs to jump in there.. (again, brain bleach).  Horrifying.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, AZChristian said:

A valid option, but . . . when Mama served her the first salad, she handed Margaret a bottle of salad dressing.  When I saw it, I turned to Mr. AZC and said, "And I bet she pours the whole bottle on her salad."  They didn't show that, but they didn't show any little cups either.  And - even if they did give her two containers in the to-go salad container - wouldn't that imply that there were two servings of salad in there, and each serving got ONE little container of salad dressing?

I guess this will remain as one of the great mysteries of "reality" TV.

That salad was massive.  With all the ingredients and dressing it could easily have gone over her daily calorie limit.  

4 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I could see a little child being afraid of someone who was verbally abusive to them. Also I have seen from several of these episodes that the caregivers are often emotionally manipulated and subjected to verbal abuse if they don’t bring the participant the food they want. 

I don’t know what to believe regarding what Margaret said, but it’s likely the 1,000 pounds is a hyperbole? Her father may have been very morbidly obese and eventually bedridden but not actually 1000lbs. 

She weight 750 lbs so if he was a lot taller it was definitely possible. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Last time I looked, the Live Chat hit 19 pages.   

I was reading it along as I watched, but quit to finish watching.
It had 3 more pages than Lacey's, but Lacey's was more entertaining.
Didn't Dr. Now say something about sending an aide to help with personal hygiene?  She must have really stunk,
Near the end. when she was getting into the back of the van, it looked like she peed as she slid in; there was a puddle on the asphalt under her.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Boston said:

Dr. Paradise is a SAINT.. the poor bastard having to look at things that he needs bleach to get out).  

I am in awe of people like Dr. Paradise and Dr. Now amaze me.  They clearly care about helping people and have committed their lives to it.  I think it's why Dr. Now gives patients so many chances.  Personally, I don't have that gene.

7 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Did all of you catch on her visit to Dr. Now's office, that she made a puddle on the sidewalk?    

Yes!  I kept thinking it can't possibly be that she peed on the asphalt, but what else would it have been?  That was seriously disgusting.  I'll never look at a puddle in a parking lot the same way again.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
39 minutes ago, cynicat said:

I am in awe of people like Dr. Paradise and Dr. Now amaze me.  They clearly care about helping people and have committed their lives to it.  I think it's why Dr. Now gives patients so many chances.  Personally, I don't have that gene.

Yes!  I kept thinking it can't possibly be that she peed on the asphalt, but what else would it have been?  That was seriously disgusting.  I'll never look at a puddle in a parking lot the same way again.

One time I parked my car and was walking to the grocery store and I saw a mother having her little girl pee in the parking lot. So no, that puddle might not be water! 

1 hour ago, cynicat said:

I literally just went back and FF to that scene because I missed it. There is a pole right where that puddle is. Not sure if she could have peed right near that pole or it "ran" towards it. I ignored it at first because of all of the rain I normally see on episodes at his office, I wondered if Houston is prone to pop up showers often and then it dries quickly with the heat? 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

Not to ruin everyone's fun snarking, but I took the "2 cups" statement to mean something different. Margaret appears to be eating take-out salads from a restaurant. I assumed "cups" meant the little container a restaurant puts your dressing in, when you order a salad and they serve your dressing on the side. 

I don't believe anyone could dump 2 measuring cups of dressing on a salad. It would be disgusting beyond belief, even to someone who loves dressing.

I think Goofball Mom's mention of "cups" means "containers". 

That said, Margaret was on a very strict Dr Now style diet, and should not have been having an extra container of dressing on each salad.

Either way, they were straight up lying in any case. Mama is still getting her baby pizzas and fried chicken, and they got together on their stories before they walked into the office. Maybe Margaret is only drinking water (she was very quick to let him know that--"Water! Water water water!") but she sure as shit is not sticking to the diet, salad dressing or no salad dressing. Can't you picture it? "Baby, you've been working so hard! It won't do any harm to have a cupcake every once in a while!" And suddenly every other day is a "cheat day".

16 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

I agree so much with what everyone's saying about Margaret's nakedness. I was so shocked I had to pause the show and just say "Oh my God" out loud several times. I could not believe it.

I believe Margaret knew exactly what she was doing, and this was a deliberate "Fuck You" to people she did not want to talk to. She did not want physical therapy, and she did not want counseling from Dr. Paradise. 

Yes, I think her only weapons are her constant crying and tantrums, and getting naked. I said in the live chat that she's doing the same thing Steven Assante did, trying to shock and control the situation in a weird, sick way. 

16 hours ago, borealis said:

I'm gonna be like I was last week & talk about driving distances. 😋 Dr. Paradise's office (and looks like it's also his home) is in a part of Houston called Montrose, just west of downtown. Assuming that's where he drove from, Baytown's a nice drive from there. I just hope that house call was his last work duty of the day and afterward he took advantage of the trip and went down to the beach!!!

I hope production sent a car for him so he wouldn't have to drive himself. After the episode with Margaret and her crazy mother I'm sure he would have appreciated being able to kick back in the limo, have a drink, and not have to fight with traffic!

• Love 8
2 hours ago, snarkish said:

I literally just went back and FF to that scene because I missed it. There is a pole right where that puddle is. Not sure if she could have peed right near that pole or it "ran" towards it. I ignored it at first because of all of the rain I normally see on episodes at his office, I wondered if Houston is prone to pop up showers often and then it dries quickly with the heat? 

I missed it too. 

8 hours ago, Bluesky said:

That’s true. I didn’t realize Margaret was only 5’4. If her father was 6ft or taller, he could’ve still be been mobile at 1000lbs (or close to it). I was surprised that Margaret was as mobile as she was-but that might be because she was still young and had been very large a long time so she acclimated. 

• Love 2

If Margaret was being taking care of by a boyfriend, I would have said her scrunching of her face and crying like a baby was part of a fetish they both had. 

Margaret only lost weight because her mother controlled the food and had had the surgery herself so she can’t eat crazy amounts. My guess is she couldn’t call for delivery while her mother was working because she likely didn’t have any access to money or credit cards. She is like a true child without even a piggy bank full of an allowance.

I thought it was interesting mom had a boyfriend with her during Margaret’s surgery. I would bet Margaret doesn’t get along with with him since he is a threat to mommy and me time. I don’t for a minute believe she wants to lose weight and be independent. She didn’t mention one goal in life like everyone else. She just wants to be babied. I also don’t think she has to worry about outliving her mom. I think mom is going to be here long after Margaret is gone. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, snarkish said:

We can get pop up showers here. Sometimes the puddles dry quick, sometimes not because it can be very humid ( can? it is very humid) but if it was a pop up shower there would be other puddles. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Either way, they were straight up lying in any case. Mama is still getting her baby pizzas and fried chicken, and they got together on their stories before they walked into the office. Maybe Margaret is only drinking water (she was very quick to let him know that--"Water! Water water water!") but she sure as shit is not sticking to the diet, salad dressing or no salad dressing. Can't you picture it? "Baby, you've been working so hard! It won't do any harm to have a cupcake every once in a while!" And suddenly every other day is a "cheat day".

Yes, I think her only weapons are her constant crying and tantrums, and getting naked. I said in the live chat that she's doing the same thing Steven Assante did, trying to shock and control the situation in a weird, sick way. 

I hope production sent a car for him so he wouldn't have to drive himself. After the episode with Margaret and her crazy mother I'm sure he would have appreciated being able to kick back in the limo, have a drink, and not have to fight with traffic!

Why do I think that while your suggestion that production spring for a limo for Dr. Paradise  is quite endearing and called for under the circumstances, it was NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN. 

"Production" (Dr. Now's son's company) seems to be on the stingy side in every regard.  Look at the measly allotments they give the participants as an example.

I think that Dr. Paradise was so thrilled to flee that incredibly disgusting experience he was more than happy to get behind the wheel of his own vehicle and fight the Houston traffic to get home as a survival strategy known as DISTRACTION😀

• Love 7
19 hours ago, Hellohappylife said:

And I think that is the ONLY reason Dr. Paradise only moved towards the door and didn't outright bolt for it when Margaret began to get up and out of the bed! I really thought for a second he was going to flee in terror!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, Bluesky said:

That salad was massive.  With all the ingredients and dressing it could easily have gone over her daily calorie limit.  

The Salad:  first of all it was pre-packaged and huge and I think had some kind of meat in it.  It reminded me of when I was working at one of my first jobs (in Chelmsford, MA).  There was this GREAT place that had a salad buffet (weighed by the lb.) and I LOVED IT.  However, I was working, walking, and running after work.  I can't imagine being in bed eating that shit.

• Love 4

It seems as though Margaret has never had proper socialization in her life. According to her, she had no friends at school and was most likely made fun of by the other kids. She hasn’t held a job and probably has been written off by her siblings. 
Mommy is trying to atone for leaving her in order to have her own life (not too sure about the lifestyle she has chosen) by infantilizing her to a ridiculous degree. Who gives their 30 something year old “child” a high five? She spoke to her as you and I would speak to a toddler. Both of these women need YEARS of intense therapy. 
(And in my personal snark, Mom needs to shop somewhere other than Forever 21 (because she isn’t.))

• LOL 4
  • Love 13
24 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

Imagine M and Steven Assante on the same show. lol They would be interesting psychological studies. Steven seems like he could hurt someone  while Margaret doesn't seem to be that way. I could be wrong though.

As angry as Margaret could get, I don't see her throwing a full urinal on someone like Stephen Assanti did. They are both crazy but I think Stephen's even further over the edge than Margaret.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Teriacky said:

It seems as though Margaret has never had proper socialization in her life. According to her, she had no friends at school and was most likely made fun of by the other kids. She hasn’t held a job and probably has been written off by her siblings. 
Mommy is trying to atone for leaving her in order to have her own life (not too sure about the lifestyle she has chosen) by infantilizing her to a ridiculous degree. Who gives their 30 something year old “child” a high five? She spoke to her as you and I would speak to a toddler. Both of these women need YEARS of intense therapy. 
(And in my personal snark, Mom needs to shop somewhere other than Forever 21 (because she isn’t.))

So true. And what happens when Mama passes away? What does Margaret do then? Part of parenthood is preparing your child for the world and that just never happened here. She’ll be another Sean.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, pdlinda said:

Why do I think that while your suggestion that production spring for a limo for Dr. Paradise  is quite endearing and called for under the circumstances, it was NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN. 

"Production" (Dr. Now's son's company) seems to be on the stingy side in every regard.  Look at the measly allotments they give the participants as an example

Well the participants get thousands of dollars in medical care, and remember how Dr. Now redid some botched surgery that dirty Jeanne's mother had, and took care of her.
Dr. Now seem very generous when he thinks people deserve it.

• Love 3

Given Margaret’s proclivity to nakedness in the presence of strangers, I’m sure Dr. Paradise was happy his session with her was on film with witnesses. As unstable and anger-prone she was, there’s no way I’d want to be alone with her and her mother, especially if she was naked. Margaret seems like a person who doesn’t have a good grip on reality and could make all kinds of claims. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
On 1/7/2022 at 1:45 PM, lilysmom said:

And I think that is the ONLY reason Dr. Paradise only moved towards the door and didn't outright bolt for it when Margaret began to get up and out of the bed!

Maybe after this experience he can have a less dangerous second career as a rodeo clown distracting a charging bull

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 4
15 hours ago, auntjess said:

Well the participants get thousands of dollars in medical care, and remember how Dr. Now redid some botched surgery that dirty Jeanne's mother had, and took care of her.
Dr. Now seem very generous when he thinks people deserve it.

My remark was intended toward the PRODUCTION COMPANY, certainly not Dr. Now's clinical standards, that I have always considered "above and beyond the call of duty!!"  

• Love 2

So much to say about this episode, but for now I'll just say this.. Why the complete nakedness, specifically during the PT session? She wore clothes during other parts of the episode so she was definitely capable of wearing clothes but yet chose not to during the session. Not even covering up just a little bit, nope she had to show it ALL. I can't tell if it's because she truly is lazy and has no shame, or if she actually wanted them to see her fully naked. And of course poor Dr. Paradise, he's being reasonable and here she is throwing a tantrum flashing him. I would need eye bleach after that.

• Love 4
On 1/6/2022 at 12:10 PM, starlightlost said:

A couple updated pictures on here https://tvshowsace.com/2022/01/05/my-600lb-life-margaret-johnson-2021-update-where-is-she-now/ it seems she has kept up with the weight loss and looks quite a bit better. Let's hope she stopped with the constant crying and being a giant baby

Given how none of the photos show her full size, and how easy it is to manipulate photos in photoshop or even just by choosing the right angle and light...  I will reserve my judgement until I see a more tangible proof.  I don't think she lost that much...

On 1/6/2022 at 5:32 PM, pdlinda said:

I think I recall from some science class in high school it's called peristalsis where the body rhythmically moves food down your digestive tract irrespective of gravity.  I understand it, but I don't "get it."😄

Yup, our bodies don't rely on gravity to move stuff within us (besides, only a small part of the GI tract goes directly down, most of it is very... convoluted).  However, she most likely has lots of hearburn... not that she would distinguish it as a separate sensation.  And eventually she might run into issues when her GI system slows down with age - if she lives that long, that is.

On 1/7/2022 at 2:28 PM, Teriacky said:

She certainly seems stuck in eternal toddlerhood, with her mother's gleeful approval.  That's so incredibly sad to watch.   I think that if she outlives her mother (and at her weight, that's an if), she will follow Sean and just die soon after.  She is so unprepared to function independently, I am not sure any level of therapy would help.  Just like speech - once a certain window has passed, a human child will be incapable of learning to speak (multiple examples of abandoned children left without human contact, like in confinement or raised by animals).  Not sure anyone has done studies on learning life skills, but between all the massive issues such infantilization creates... there may simply be no time to untangle everything in time.

• Love 6