Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E04: Ghosts From The Past

• Start Topic

On 1/2/2022 at 12:04 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

And of course she is wearing a cold shoulder shirt, is it a uniform that all older women seeking the attention of a younger man from a foreign country must wear sot they can be identified easily?

They think if you look at the shoulders you won’t notice the multiple chins and turkey neck.

On 1/2/2022 at 12:53 PM, magemaud said:

Besides, I think he's playing for the other team (not that there's anything wrong with that.

I think there are at least seven teams now.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 1/2/2022 at 4:49 PM, nutella fitzgerald said:

Memphis talks to Hamza like she’s Cookie Monster. “Me nervous!”

But some horrible version of Cookie Monster that constantly interjects “sexy time? sexy time?” during conversation and is also too unintelligent to book a hotel room.

It’s not sexy time without a shower cap.

On 1/2/2022 at 8:50 PM, FrancescaFiore said:

"You look stunning?" The fuck was that?

I could see Caleb being pansexual as it was trendy (until Tammy on 1000 Pound Sisters).

• LOL 2
On 1/3/2022 at 11:54 AM, magemaud said:

IIRC, both Nicole and Azan in Morocco and Laura and Aladin in Tunisia had said something about a law prohibiting unmarried couples to share a hotel room in their countries. Nicole got around it by getting a separate room from Azan and Laura actually married Aladin on paper so they could be intimate. I'm sure Hamza doesn't have the money to book a hotel room or two, but Memphis does. The problem is, she doesn't want to marry him THIS week until she's sure he's good in the sack. She's the one who has been pushing the "sexy time test drive" idea on him. So much for "getting to know" each other in other ways before intimacy. 

Even if he were good in the sack you know he would lose interest like Mo once they get hitched.  So her insistence on a test drive is pointless.

On 1/3/2022 at 1:26 PM, Maximadc said:

I think she said that in a sexual way, like ‘I was hoping for some American coffee this morning’

She wanted cafe au “lay.”

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 1/3/2022 at 2:04 PM, FrancescaFiore said:

Elijah calling it out wasn't particularly cool

Being rude by pointing out rudeness.  It’s like when someone judges you by calling you judgmental.

On 1/3/2022 at 2:36 PM, Shauna said:

I took Alina's wanting "American coffee" to mean she wanted sex.  

With cream tee hee.

• LOL 4
On 1/3/2022 at 4:26 PM, ethalfrida said:

Ella's mom:  Remember, you've been a failure all your life... no one has ever wanted you...  

Ella:  I'm so sorry I disappointed you, mom...

I actually feel bad for Ella because she is being exploited very badly.

Mom looked like she was hit in the face with a shovel.

On 1/3/2022 at 5:29 PM, FrancescaFiore said:

How absolute DARE! 🤣  That's Nandor you're talking about!

And judging by Memphis' comments about how fast Hamza came, he could hardly be mistaken for Relentless!

Hamza needs to turn it around and say “it’s because you’re so hot, baby.”

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

It’s not sexy time without a shower cap.

I could see Caleb being pansexual as it was trendy (until Tammy on 1000 Pound Sisters).

I've never in my life seen anything as UNsexy as Memphis was with that awful shower cap on.  If I were Hamza's "member", I would have instantly deflated the moment I saw her with that God awful shower cap on, regardless of the big boobies.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 1/5/2022 at 5:43 PM, Hotel Snarker said:

Rosa Ree is light years beyond Ooooozeman. She also had excellent social skills and was able to make Kimbaaaly feel included and desired. It was amazing how she handled that dinner! She just got a new fan.

Me too! & she is just super cute😍

• Love 4
On 12/31/2021 at 10:14 PM, LennieBriscoe said:

Caleb got a backpack to carry Alina. "And your head could pop up here." 🤯 🤬 👎

As someone who toyed with those with two toddlers (it's easier to just carry them in your arms, or a sling if that's not an option), my immediate reaction there was that was a baby carrier, which is kind of gross.

• Love 5

I may be the only one here who still likes Elija's snark.  His "The fuck?" to Caleb's mumbo-jumbo was refreshing.  I'll agree that he should maybe stay out of the bedroom talk, but the advice about how to actually care about Alina didn't seem that dickish to me.

As for coffee, maybe I'm just too literal, but Turkish coffee and American coffee are very different.  It's more like espresso with fine grounds, which may not have been what she wanted.  Maybe it was just a euphemism that flew over my head, but she was more direct in other lines.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, anoninrva said:

I may be the only one here who still likes Elija's snark.  His "The fuck?" to Caleb's mumbo-jumbo was refreshing.  I'll agree that he should maybe stay out of the bedroom talk, but the advice about how to actually care about Alina didn't seem that dickish to me.

As for coffee, maybe I'm just too literal, but Turkish coffee and American coffee are very different.  It's more like espresso with fine grounds, which may not have been what she wanted.  Maybe it was just a euphemism that flew over my head, but she was more direct in other lines.

I've read somewhere that in Europe, American coffee means coffee with a lot of cream and sugar.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 1/6/2022 at 8:27 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

That is my birthday default age, I am well past that number but use it when someone asks how old I am, lol.

Don’t blame you there! I do the exact same thing.

On 1/8/2022 at 1:32 PM, magemaud said:

Yes! My birthday is this Thursday and TLC has gifted me with the extended version of Margaret's "journey" on My 600 Lb. Life that night. 

Happy birthday!

12 hours ago, Gobi said:

I've read somewhere that in Europe, American coffee means coffee with a lot of cream and sugar.

If you order "caffe americano" in Italy, they just water down the espresso (and probably roll their eyes behind your back.) 

edited to add: "Most similar to American coffee, it's espresso diluted with hot water and served in a larger cup. While this may be available don't be fooled, Italians do not drink this, it is only for tourists."

Edited by magemaud
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
On 1/10/2022 at 12:23 AM, anoninrva said:

Does anybody else think that there's something off about Eijah's face?  He looks like he's had bad plastic surgery, yet seems way too young to have needed any plastic surgery on his face.

• Love 2