Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E04: Ghosts From The Past

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

Oh, I think it slapped her in the face during the walk to the car when he struggled to explain how they were getting out of there and how far away it was.

I had to laugh when Memphis was pulling her suitcase across a dimly lit, gritty concrete airport parking lot after landing at night and Hazan asked her "You like Tunisia?" 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, Stuckathome said:

Also, someone above mentioned Memphis talking like Cookie Monster and I had to LOL because people said the same about Rebecca and Zied, lol

She’s the Nookie Monster.

• LOL 18
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

Same on both counts.....I hope it is a case where she is now mature enough to see that her baby daddies aren't there for her or the kids and she needs to do better. He will always be supporting her family in some shape or form----that is expected and it always amazes me how in Latin culture (and probably others) the most distant, tangentially related person is "family" and will come looking for a handout if there is a "rich" American connection. That is also why they all showed up to meet him, so later it can be, "oh,you remember my cousin's girlfriend's sister Maria she needs a loan. Oh come on, you met her!!!" 

My ex husband is Peruvian. His family is upper middle class---def don't struggle. Once he was laid off and this was going on near a year that his lazy ass wasn't working. His mother sent his brother and sister (35 and 22 at the time) to stay with us. Without one dime. I assumed it would be the normal 2 weeks stay, so when he asked if it was ok if they came for a visit, I said sure. Hey, can't turn down family, right? His mom knew our situation----son out of work almost a year, me teh only income in a high cost area of the US. Again, sent her kids without a dime AND complained we didnt' entertain them enough that they were bored and wanted to go out more. On whose dime? Oh, that's right, mine. Oh and they ended up staying 3 MONTHS. I went from supporting one deadbeat to 3......ugh...should have divorced him then! 

3 MONTHS?! Can you imagine how long they would have stayed if you had met all their entertainment needs? What nerve they had.

• Love 6
30 minutes ago, TipseyGirl said:

What nerve they had.

Oh, I forgot the best part.....like I said, they didnt' have a dime to their names for the entire time. I footed the bills for it all.....

Day before they left, we went to the mall, in my head to get out of the house. Sister starts shopping and is texting her mom pics of stuff at Ann Taylor and Banana REpublic. WTF? "Oh, mama gave me money to buy her stuff to bring back." WHAT?!!! Turns out she sent $1000 with her daughter with strict instructions to only use it to buy stuff for her right before leaving---she loaded up on clothes, perfume, shoes....I was LIVID. Almost as good as unloading my ex husband was losing that family. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Gobi said:

She’s the Nookie Monster.

LOL

She is the female version of so many of the past season's men---like Benjamin, Tarik, Robert who really just wanted a hot piece of ass who would also take care of their young kids for them while they work. Face it Memphis, what sort of work will Hamza find in Muskegon with such limited English and I assume formal education? He will quickly get bored and I think with his male pride he won't take to being a homemaker cooking, cleaning and raising the kids while you earn the $$. I mean, his momma takes care of him---this isn't some mature, independent dude. Hell, I think Zied was  more independent

• Love 10
34 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I hope you had a wonderful 39th birthday!

I’m not 39, but close to that age!

If I ever get divorced and meet someone overseas that requires a 20+ hour flight, let them know beforehand we likely won’t have much time for intimacy or cuddling because I will be dead tired.

Kinda shocked that after Caleb tried to apologize for being tired and saying “let’s cuddle now” and she said “well, I wanted cuddles yesterday” and then he had to say it a second time for her to finally get over the day before. Like, okay? He said he was tired he can’t jump in a time Machine. I really hope Caleb didn’t just sleep with Alina just because everyone was forcing him to.

Don’t like Caleb, but he isn’t as bad as I thought he was. He just doesn’t seem to know how to tell her he’s just not that into her. Seeing someone in person can be very different from online video chat. He needed to be honest and take things slow. I have a feeling some of their chats might have been real sexy and that’s why she’s surprised by his lack of interest. That being said if the roles were reversed people would tear him apart for demanding affection from her.

Caleb blurting out that Elijah looked stunning during that weirdly tense first meeting made wine come out of my nose.

Boy, did the majority opinion change about Elijah who was an MVP. I feel like Elijah was paid and told to “play it up”. He's overly protective and a little nosy, but when he called her a queen, at least I knew how much he does care about her. I'll say this about smoldering bedroom eyes Fabio - when he threw her down, he threw down! Love him or hate him, Elijah showed up to be a character on this show. You have to respect that.

Of all the couples, I thought Jasmine and Gino were the most likely to be a scam but I’m kinda convinced that Jasmine is actually into this man. Their laughs are oddly compatible? Jasmine and Gino's synchronized weird ass laughter is straight from my nightmares.

It’s actually wild how much attention Gino is bringing to his baldness by wearing a hat all the time. It’s like when someone says “don’t think about an elephant!” All you are going to think about is an elephant! Wearing a hat all the time just makes everyone really, really aware of his baldness. His wearing a hat during sex is the most disturbing thing I’ve heard all year.

Why does Ximena’s step mom look younger than her? The step mom looks 30 years younger than her father.

Did you cringe when Mike whispered "I love you" to Ximena's children repeatedly? So awkward. It’s heartbreaking to see children bond with father figures so fast when the entire relationship is still up in the air. Just like Tiffany’s son Daniel, it’s sad to watch them bond when you know there’s a possibility of them getting hurt when it all falls apart between the adults.

Are any of you guys wondering who actually called Mike? And why did he delete it immediately? Everyone seems to love him, but this seems suspicious.

Ella is Wiccan, and in a coven. SHOCKING.

Does Ella in fact know the difference between Chinese and Japanese? Or that there is a difference?

14 hours time difference between Ella and Johnny. It’s almost midnight in China which means it’s around 10am ish in Idaho yet she said multiple times that she woke up early to video chat him…..I was thinking it was like 6am. And she wore the wig for 1 minute. She’s so cringe.

I just realized Johnny expects his life to be “Oh. Horse!” like Zied when he’s really going to be shoveling shit like Julia.

Both Ella and Johnny are cringy as fuck. It's either going to work out great or be a terrible dumpster fire.

Rosa Ree is light years beyond Ooooozeman. She also had excellent social skills and was able to make Kimbaaaly feel included and desired. It was amazing how she handled that dinner! She just got a new fan.

I'm so confused: Why is Kim getting mad about Rosa Ree when she said she'd let him have another wife??? Good luck to Kimbaaaly on her trip back to reality.

I also can’t believe how most of these couples on all the seasons have major language barrier issues. If you can’t communicate WTF do you do? Get a friggin’ language conversion dictionary!!! Teach yourself or get Rosetta Stone or whatever!! Jesus!!!!! Everyone always complains about Mike not knowing that much Spanish but he knows a hell of a lot more than everyone else on the show. Most of the couples can’t even get the basics down and have 0 idea what each other are saying.

Can we just talk about the high cheekbone game on Hamza's mom for a second? What did you think? Seriously, she and Hamza’s sister look so alike! Stunning!

First Memphis is worried that Hamza won’t find her attractive and then when he gets too excited to see her now there’s a problem? I thought that’s what she wanted.

Are you confused on how Memphis is so educated yet she doesn’t know about Hamza’s culture? She’s basically demanding to sleep with him on the first night without considering his culture and that fact that they’re at his mom’s house.

I was really rooting for Memphis. But girl, deflowering Hamza in his mother’s home on the first night then shaming him for his quick performance on TV the next day is not a good look. I don’t know how liberal Hamza’s mom actually is, but Memphis will be damned lucky not to get kicked out of that house. She allowed Memphis to stay in her home and gifted her flowers but Memphis has the gall to disrespect her. It’s like they didn’t even try to hide or care that they broke her rule. Hamza didn’t care either. Feel bad for his mom.

Memphis is really going to call out Hamza as an minute man next episode. I’m dying.

Do you feel that this season is much more like "sexual" than the last seasons? It feels a lot closer to the Love In Paradise spinoff where they were eager to show off random boob shots for no reason except that they could, so many segments are almost entirely about sex and their sex lives and their toys

I wonder when they’ll show the old dude and his catfish Mahogany.

I’m fucking hooked on this season, thank the 90 Day gods!!

• Love 9

I want Hamza and Memphis to work out. So that they can bring his mother to the U.S. - where she can leave behind the stigma of being a divorced woman in a Muslim country.  She could enjoy respect, maybe find love?  I would give her a place in line in front of many of the people in this franchise.  

• Love 13
9 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

If I ever get divorced and meet someone overseas that requires a 20+ hour flight, let them know beforehand we likely won’t have much time for intimacy or cuddling because I will be dead tired.

Kinda shocked that after Caleb tried to apologize for being tired and saying “let’s cuddle now” and she said “well, I wanted cuddles yesterday” and then he had to say it a second time for her to finally get over the day before. Like, okay? He said he was tired he can’t jump in a time Machine. I really hope Caleb didn’t just sleep with Alina just because everyone was forcing him to.

Don’t like Caleb, but he isn’t as bad as I thought he was. He just doesn’t seem to know how to tell her he’s just not that into her. Seeing someone in person can be very different from online video chat. He needed to be honest and take things slow. I have a feeling some of their chats might have been real sexy and that’s why she’s surprised by his lack of interest. That being said if the roles were reversed people would tear him apart for demanding affection from her.

Caleb blurting out that Elijah looked stunning during that weirdly tense first meeting made wine come out of my nose.

Boy, did the majority opinion change about Elijah who was an MVP. I feel like Elijah was paid and told to “play it up”. He's overly protective and a little nosy, but when he called her a queen, at least I knew how much he does care about her. I'll say this about smoldering bedroom eyes Fabio - when he threw her down, he threw down! Love him or hate him, Elijah showed up to be a character on this show. You have to respect that.

Of all the couples, I thought Jasmine and Gino were the most likely to be a scam but I’m kinda convinced that Jasmine is actually into this man. Their laughs are oddly compatible? Jasmine and Gino's synchronized weird ass laughter is straight from my nightmares.

It’s actually wild how much attention Gino is bringing to his baldness by wearing a hat all the time. It’s like when someone says “don’t think about an elephant!” All you are going to think about is an elephant! Wearing a hat all the time just makes everyone really, really aware of his baldness. His wearing a hat during sex is the most disturbing thing I’ve heard all year.

Why does Ximena’s step mom look younger than her? The step mom looks 30 years younger than her father.

Did you cringe when Mike whispered "I love you" to Ximena's children repeatedly? So awkward. It’s heartbreaking to see children bond with father figures so fast when the entire relationship is still up in the air. Just like Tiffany’s son Daniel, it’s sad to watch them bond when you know there’s a possibility of them getting hurt when it all falls apart between the adults.

Are any of you guys wondering who actually called Mike? And why did he delete it immediately? Everyone seems to love him, but this seems suspicious.

Does Ella in fact know the difference between Chinese and Japanese? Or that there is a difference?

14 hours time difference between Ella and Johnny. It’s almost midnight in China which means it’s around 10am ish in Idaho yet she said multiple times that she woke up early to video chat him…..I was thinking it was like 6am. And she wore the wig for 1 minute. She’s so cringe.

I just realized Johnny expects his life to be “Oh. Horse!” like Zied when he’s really going to be shoveling shit like Julia.

Both Ella and Johnny are cringy as fuck. It's either going to work out great or be a terrible dumpster fire.

Rosa Ree is light years beyond Ooooozeman. She also had excellent social skills and was able to make Kimbaaaly feel included and desired. It was amazing how she handled that dinner! She just got a new fan.

I'm so confused: Why is Kim getting mad about Rosa Ree when she said she'd let him have another wife??? Good luck to Kimbaaaly on her trip back to reality.

I also can’t believe how most of these couples on all the seasons have major language barrier issues. If you can’t communicate WTF do you do? Get a friggin’ language conversion dictionary!!! Teach yourself or get Rosetta Stone or whatever!! Jesus!!!!! Everyone always complains about Mike not knowing that much Spanish but he knows a hell of a lot more than everyone else on the show. Most of the couples can’t even get the basics down and have 0 idea what each other are saying.

Can we just talk about the high cheekbone game on Hamza's mom for a second? What did you think? Seriously, she and Hamza’s sister look so alike! Stunning!

First Memphis is worried that Hamza won’t find her attractive and then when he gets too excited to see her now there’s a problem? I thought that’s what she wanted.

Are you confused on how Memphis is so educated yet she doesn’t know about Hamza’s culture? She’s basically demanding to sleep with him on the first night without considering his culture and that fact that they’re at his mom’s house.

I was really rooting for Memphis. But girl, deflowering Hamza in his mother’s home on the first night then shaming him for his quick performance on TV the next day is not a good look. I don’t know how liberal Hamza’s mom actually is, but Memphis will be damned lucky not to get kicked out of that house. She allowed Memphis to stay in her home and gifted her flowers but Memphis has the gall to disrespect her. It’s like they didn’t even try to hide or care that they broke her rule. Hamza didn’t care either. Feel bad for his mom.

Memphis is really going to call out Hamza as an minute man next episode. I’m dying.

Do you feel that this season is much more like "sexual" than the last seasons? It feels a lot closer to the Love In Paradise spinoff where they were eager to show off random boob shots for no reason except that they could, so many segments are almost entirely about sex and their sex lives and their toys

What’s with the Reddit copypasta?

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

That is my birthday default age, I am well past that number but use it when someone asks how old I am, lol.

I tell kids I am 102 when they ask my age.

I watched Dr. Kirk on the whole next morning scene with Caleb and Alina.  When Alina doubled down on "Where were MY cuddles?" he was like, ewww......she is really showing an unpleasant side of herself.

I will admit I am going to backpeddle a bit on Caleb.  For all the demands of "SLEEP WITH ME 60 MINUTES AFTER LANDING, STRANGER!" he could have been two things:  turned off by her or a gentleman.  I hope it is the second.

Thank you to all who have wished me an early happy birthday!  Heading to a swanky Italian place tomorrow night!  Then a MN Wild game Saturday night with my son!  Whoo hoo!!!!

• Love 7
38 minutes ago, HelloOutThere said:

I also thought [Alina] was rude about [Caleb’s] gift.  Did she bring him one?

well, if she watched previous seasons, maybe she was expecting laptops, suitcases full of lingerie, iPhone 13, lol

• LOL 3
24 minutes ago, Stuckathome said:

well, if she watched previous seasons, maybe she was expecting laptops, suitcases full of lingerie, iPhone 13, lol

Electric toothbrush, mouthwash, shaving products for her legs.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
On 1/1/2022 at 3:25 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

Thank you @Gobi!  I am sorry if this has been mentioned before, but why is Kim all "I am gonna flip the table if she is shady" or something like that, and doesn't like Usman talking to females, but said she is okay with him having a second wife?  Riddle me what?

Was it @Uncle JUICE who said Usman at least needed to giver her a courtesy boink?  That cracked me up!  Thank you!

I have a feeling that Kim is good with Usman having another wife, as long as there is no physical or emotional attraction to that other woman.  She would be there to make babies only, to provide children to Usman.  But Kim wants to be the only "real" woman in his life.

• Love 5
On 1/2/2022 at 2:49 PM, nutella fitzgerald said:

Memphis talks to Hamza like she’s Cookie Monster. “Me nervous!”

But some horrible version of Cookie Monster that constantly interjects “sexy time? sexy time?” during conversation and is also too unintelligent to book a hotel room.

Don't forget the "air quotes" around "sexy time."

• LOL 4
18 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

If there ever was a doubt that Kimberleee is delusional and dumb AF it’s that she has convinced herself Usman would not be interested in A beauty like Rosa Ree. 
LADY. The truth will set u free to spend that PS 5 credit card limit on more Michael Pedo Jackson. Off topic Michael Jackson was one of my fave artists but I still recognize the trash can he grew into and predator. 

• Love 7

I have a feeling that Kim is good with Usman having another wife, as long as there is no physical or emotional attraction to that other woman.  She would be there to make babies only, to provide children to Usman.  

I don't think she'd be good with it on any level whatsoever. She's tolerating it as a theoretical idea (and her friends clearly didn't believe SHE thought it would work). But a flesh-and-blood woman 20+ years younger than her being anywhere near Usman? She will not be ok with that, not even if the woman is a crossover from "My 600-Pound Life" instead of from "Sister Wives."

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
On 1/5/2022 at 9:19 AM, gaPeach said:

Here is what I find so hard to understand, how have they talked for 13 years and he did not know how short she is?  How did she not explain her needs such as an elevator in hotel etc.  She knows what she needs how did she not talk to him about it when making the plans to meet?  What exactly do they talk about? If she was only facetiming from the chest up, and they started taking about meeting did she not give him a full body shot and explain what being that size entails?

I too liked him better this episode.  I thought he was very patient with all the BS coming from both Elijay and Alina.  It seemed as though she told Elijay everything that happened between her and Calib just so he could drill Calib with questions that were not of his business while she sat there agreeing with a smirk on her face.  It made her look bad.

They keep saying they've known each other for 13 years, but I think it was more like they KNEW each other 13 years ago, as internet friends, and then reconnected recently on a dating site.  Cosmic Caleb thought it was Karma.  I don't think they've been in constant communication, and they obviously do not know each other.

22 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

LOL

She is the female version of so many of the past season's men---like Benjamin, Tarik, Robert who really just wanted a hot piece of ass who would also take care of their young kids for them while they work. Face it Memphis, what sort of work will Hamza find in Muskegon with such limited English and I assume formal education? He will quickly get bored and I think with his male pride he won't take to being a homemaker cooking, cleaning and raising the kids while you earn the $$. I mean, his momma takes care of him---this isn't some mature, independent dude. Hell, I think Zied was  more independent

Hamza was probably raised to be a typical Tunisian man.  There is nothing unusual about his living with his mother.  One day he will marry, and his wife will take over the Mommy duties of feeding him and cleaning the house.  With benefits.  I'm guessing that he doesn't NEED to have a job until such time as he has to support a family.  I would think he'd try to get a job to help out his mother, though.  What on Earth does Memphis think he's qualified to do in the U.S.?  He's going to be Mr. Mom at home for a while at first.  I can see THAT going over well!

Edited by Kath94
spellign
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, Kath94 said:

What on Earth does Memphis think he's qualified to do in the U.S.?  He's going to be Mr. Mom at home for a while at first.  I can see THAT going over well!

I doubt they have even discussed his life goals...again he knows 4 words in English: sexy, time, big, boobies! 

I think it will go as well as it did for Molly and Luis in terms of his interest in being a doting stepdad....although Luis seemed to already have his backup chick waiting in the US and I dont' think Hamza is that calculating. He just wants to cash his lucky ticket out to the US of A....And yes, I would think he would have worked to help his mother and sister out in some capacity. 

Who else from Tunisia has been on this show? Zied....were Mohamed, Aladin and Azan all Tunisian?? 

Edited by Stuckathome
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, Kath94 said:

I have a feeling that Kim is good with Usman having another wife, as long as there is no physical or emotional attraction to that other woman.  She would be there to make babies only, to provide children to Usman.  But Kim wants to be the only "real" woman in his life.

Aaaaaaand that will end great, right?  Because telling people how to feel and not to feel is a real thing......right?

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, Stuckathome said:

I doubt they have even discussed his life goals...again he knows 4 words in English: sexy, time, big, boobies! 

Oh, come on, STUCKATHOME.  He also knows "yes, baby" and "no, baby."

• LOL 11
10 minutes ago, Kath94 said:

Oh, come on, STUCKATHOME.  He also knows "yes, baby" and "no, baby."

I find it weird how everyone on this entire franchise refers to their other as "baby" or maybe babe. I can't recall hearing words like sweetheart, sweetie, honey, love, etc.

2 hours ago, IvySpice said:

I don't think she'd be good with it on any level whatsoever. She's tolerating it as a theoretical idea (and her friends clearly didn't believe SHE thought it would work). But a flesh-and-blood woman 20+ years younger than her being anywhere near Usman?

Absolutely. On the one hand she's trying to portray herself as an open, confident, modern and enlightened woman, and on the other hand she's already threatening to flip over tables - on what, day two of being with Usman face to face? She's deluding herself. She's not onboard with any of that. She's afraid Usman wants kids and since she's not able, she would be out of the picture pretty quickly.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, magemaud said:

Azan was from Morocco, but the others were all Tunisian

Thanks, I knew we have taken multiple trips to Tunisia for LUUUUUVVVV...

Compared to the others, I feel like Hamza's living conditions seem to be pretty decent. Like, it's small but it doesn't look like a hovel.....maybe because he isn't in the capital city?? 

Any idea if the Peruvian Mahogany will ever appear?? 

2 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

Any idea if the Peruvian Mahogany will ever appear?? 

“Peruvian Mahogany” sounds like the name of a color of wood stain. 

Rumor has it we will see creepy ex preacher soon, but I think production is setting the stage for a catfish story. Whether she will never show up like Caesar’s scammer (Maria?) or we will be surprised to find she’s a real person (or an actress hired to play a part) like the David and Lana drama remains to be seen and keeps viewers watching. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 1/5/2022 at 11:15 AM, magemaud said:

Memphis was pulling her suitcase across a dimly lit, gritty concrete airport parking lot after landing at night and Hazan asked her "You like Tunisia?" 

He'd been practicing that sentence; it's the only one he had.

I did the same thing in Japan. My Japanese is about as rudimentary as Hamza's English. I would percolate a draft sentence in my mind well in advance of its use.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
34 minutes ago, magemaud said:

“Peruvian Mahogany” sounds like the name of a color of wood stain. 

Rumor has it we will see creepy ex preacher soon, but I think production is setting the stage for a catfish story. Whether she will never show up like Caesar’s scammer (Maria?) or we will be surprised to find she’s a real person (or an actress hired to play a part) like the David and Lana drama remains to be seen and keeps viewers watching. 

Seek and ye shall find.

peru.jpg

• LOL 10
3 minutes ago, magemaud said:

So maybe he's being catfished by a Samurai? 

I feel like they had footage of the two of them together (like, standing together for the intros) and showed her saying her name and location in the "coming up on this season" stuff.....but it's odd they haven't shown her or him yet and we are this far along. Given my personal history, I hope she turns out to be another Lana lol

• LOL 3
7 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

I feel like they had footage of the two of them together (like, standing together for the intros) and showed her saying her name and location in the "coming up on this season" stuff.

You may be correct, I haven't paid close attention, but I remember him saying his friends didn't believe she was real so if he had pictures with her I would think that would have shut them up. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 1/6/2022 at 12:31 PM, lamujerdecente said:

If there ever was a doubt that Kimberleee is delusional and dumb AF it’s that she has convinced herself Usman would not be interested in A beauty like Rosa Ree.

while at the same time believing that he's interested in HER. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

So Johnny, the sole support of his son and parents, is planning to quit his job and go to the US on a visitor's visa for three months? I got news for you, Lover Boy, it ain't gonna happen. The minute you tell that to the Consular Officer the big red DENIED stamp is going to come down hard and fast on your application. If they catch a whiff that you are an intended immigrant with no job to return to, you are done. You must prove there's a job you must return to. I'm not even going to get into the whole travelling during a pandemic issue. These people are so naive. Ella will just have to live without her Asian Manga Man.

Memphis wants to bring her boy toy back to the States where he will continue his career in heating/cooling systems, if I recall correctly from Ep 1. I am sure his future coworkers and customers will enjoy his extensive English language skills: "Sexy times" "I love you baby" and "Big boobies" are just the kind of technical terms you need for HVAC installation and repair.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9

I was laughing my ass off at Kim erroneously jumping to the conclusion that Usman was about to propose to her in the Bonus Scene tonight. He just said he had something for her and to close her eyes but she immediately thought he was getting down on one knee with a ring. She even stuck out her hand! Instead, he gave her a wooden bead necklace and a couple of touristy gift shop stretch bracelets. Certainly nothing compared to a PS5 and laptop! (it's the thought that counts, right?) When she finally calmed down, they hug. (I forget, have they kissed yet?) The whole scene was so awkward and cringeworthy and Kim looked like such an idiot. 

Edited to add: Did Kim really think she was going from “potential girlfriend” status to “engaged to be weefy” status in TWO DAYS? 

Edited by magemaud
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, magemaud said:

I was laughing my ass off at Kim erroneously jumping to the conclusion that Usman was about to propose to her in the Bonus Scene tonight. He just said he had something for her and to close her eyes but she immediately thought he was getting down on one knee with a ring. She even stuck out her hand! Instead, he gave her a wooden bead necklace and a couple of touristy gift shop stretch bracelets. Certainly nothing compared to a PS5 and laptop! (it's the thought that counts, right?) When she finally calmed down, they hug. (I forget, have they kissed yet?) The whole scene was so awkward and cringeworthy and Kim looked like such an idiot. 

Again, it was yesterday, but happy birthday to me, right?

• Love 3
11 hours ago, magemaud said:

while at the same time believing that he's interested in HER. 

What is it with these people punching above their weight?  Seriously, have they been told they can get a younger man without having to change a lot about themselves physically?  Have they not figured out that men like Usman are users? I do not know for sure but I have a feeling that Kim is paying for the video Usman is making, if she hadn't ponied up the money he would not have invited her.  If I were in Tanzania I would be shopping for tanzanite jewelry and not giving expensive gifts to Usman.

Why did Usman decide to shoot a video in Tanzania and not in Nigeria, was it because Kim could not get in to Nigeria because of Covid?  

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

What is it with these people punching above their weight?  Seriously, have they been told they can get a younger man without having to change a lot about themselves physically?  Have they not figured out that men like Usman are users? I do not know for sure but I have a feeling that Kim is paying for the video Usman is making, if she hadn't ponied up the money he would not have invited her.  If I were in Tanzania I would be shopping for tanzanite jewelry and not giving expensive gifts to Usman.

Why did Usman decide to shoot a video in Tanzania and not in Nigeria, was it because Kim could not get in to Nigeria because of Covid?  

I think your theory is 100% spot on per her paying for the shoot.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Again, it was yesterday, but happy birthday to me, right?

Yes! My birthday is this Thursday and TLC has gifted me with the extended version of Margaret's "journey" on My 600 Lb. Life that night. 

• Love 4
On 1/8/2022 at 9:09 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

Why did Usman decide to shoot a video in Tanzania and not in Nigeria,

My guess is that they consider the backdrop scenery in Zanzibar more beautiful than a shooting location in Nigeria. Plus, it allows Usman to claim “international" status if he appears outside his home country. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I think your theory is 100% spot on per her paying for the shoot.

A girlfriend would pay for a video shoot not a super fan, right?  I wonder if his buddies hotel rooms are in the production budget?  

So if this was a real shoot wouldn't they have a schedule, if they were going to have that woman singer be a part of things they would have had it worked out prior to arriving in that country and she would have known what she was going to be singing, etc...Kim is probably footing the bill for Usman and Co. to sit around the pool.

• Love 2

The record company would pay for the video. Or the artist’s management team.

Maybe Kimbaaaaly invested some money.

The video would be on a tight schedule. Crews would be brought in or hired locally. But then again, Usman isn’t the star he thinks he is. Maybe he used fan funding. 

• Love 4
On 1/1/2022 at 10:12 AM, magemaud said:

Whenever I see Caleb shirtless, all I can think of is a My Little Pony centaur. And that awful straggly HAIR! Maybe Alina was just as disappointed in HIS looks but is trying to make the best of things. 

He looks like a deflated Meat Loaf.

• LOL 4