Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E04: Ghosts From The Past

• Start Topic

Caleb bumps heads with Alina's best friend; Mike hopes to fulfill Ximena's fantasies; Kim suspects sabotage; Johnny plans to help Ella lose weight; Gino and Jasmine wake up satisfied; Memphis and Hamza can't share a bed.

First Look: 12/31/21

TLC Episode: 1/2/22

Discovery Plus: 1/2/22

Edited by greekmom
updated D+
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, greekmom said:

First Look: 12/31/21

TLC Episode: 1/2/22

Discovery Plus: ???

D plus will be Sunday, I hope!!  Packers and Vikings at noon!  What a day!  Skol!  💜🏈💜🏈💜

I am going to watch both the game and the new episode in a HEALTHY! NATURAL! COSMIC! WAY!

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

D plus will be Sunday, I hope!!  Packers and Vikings at noon!  What a day!  Skol!  💜🏈💜🏈💜

I am going to watch both the game and the new episode in a HEALTHY! NATURAL! COSMIC! WAY!

Thanks. I don't know when D+ drops the episode. (Sat or Sun) because I don't carry it. Matter of principal at this point (or until they show 90 day UK edition) 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

So Memphis has just landed in Tunisia and Hamza is already asking her how she likes the country. Uh, she has been here for less than an hour and it is night time. Maybe ask her a day or two later. I would have left the flowers at home in the guest room so she can enjoy them without having one more thing to lug around. She is also exhausted and jet lagged. It is still a 2 hour drive to his town? The language barrier is going to be a problem along with the cultural barrier of Memphis struggling to test drive Hamza to see if there is any physical chemistry. No sharing a room. Hamza is not responsible for her self esteem or self worth. You are involved with a stranger. Maybe you should have booked a hotel room for a couple of days.

The ep from last week had a bonus scene of Alina navigating the bathroom and bathtub.

Caleb seemed to be better in the morning. I liked Alina telling him that he showed her no affection the day before. At least he did bring Turkish coffee, even though she wanted American coffee. The carrier thing may be a good idea of sorts, but it has to be executed properly to treat Alina with respect. No, she isn't going to go hiking for a few hours with him. I didn't care for his shorts or leggings or whatever they were. His butt was quite flat.

Feet do tend to swell on a long flight and will be swollen for a day or two. Maybe Kim should have taken her shoes off on the plane and walked around the plane a bit every couple of hours. Usman seemed really excited about his new toys. He should have not accepted the gifts as they were too expensive for a 'potential' girlfriend. Kim also should not have given him the stuff that soon. And now his team has arranged a meeting with a Tanzanian artist who happens to be female. Kim, get used to it. Musicians/entertainers do have to meet a lot of people and some may be women (if they are men). Doesn't mean they will have an affair with that person. Could be a collaboration, appearing at a venue or festival, or whatever. Has nothing to do with you and you don't come across well. You could also have found a nice casual sundress, some strappy sandals or slides and made yourself look good. If it is a business dinner or drinks, one of his management team should also have been there.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, magemaud said:

Seemed kind of flat in the front, too...

I couldn’t help but notice that too. I’m shocked Caleb would highlight that on day 1 by sporting those weird spandex pants, but he seems to have a rather inflated sense of self so perhaps he’s deluded himself into thinking there’s a whole lot more there than meets the eye. There was literally nothing there. Poor Caleb. Actually, poor Alina!

• LOL 12
  • Love 2

Whenever I see Caleb shirtless, all I can think of is a My Little Pony centaur. And that awful straggly HAIR! Maybe Alina was just as disappointed in HIS looks but is trying to make the best of things. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 10

Kimbolly & Callib need to CHOP OFF a half a foot of their hair. His made me itch just looking at it and she needs some layers & highlights BADLY.

Callib's questionable leggings matched the lampshade so I give up. 

Also I think Kimbolly's problem at the Secret Garden was:

1)  50% the humidity dressed in ALL black non breathable fabrics (see Usman wiping his face w/the napkin and her drink sweating before it was even given to her)

&  2) 50% being hangry.

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • LOL 2
  • Love 15
5 minutes ago, Maximadc said:

Caleb is not attracted to Alina and he never will be. He just wants the world to know how international and disability-inclusive open minded he is. 

Not only he has no idea how to support a person with challenges as Alina’s, he has no idea how to help any person who needs any sort of help and be respectful at the same time. From my personal experience, you have to help but not even mention it, like it is a natural thing, so this person doesn’t feel like a burden on you.
Unfortunately Alina will be heartbroken again at the end, and her parents will be heartbroken too.

Edited by Maximadc
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, Maximadc said:

Not only he has no idea how to support a person with challenges as Alina’s, he has no idea how to help any person who needs any sort of help and be respectful at the same time.

Right. Also, what possessed him to think up this ridiculous contraption he brought with him to carry Alina on his back while hiking? Can you imagine all the attention they would get - and maybe that's part of what Caleb is after - carrying another adult on your back in a public place? If I were Alina, that alone would cause me to send him packing.

• Love 14
52 minutes ago, Breedom said:

There is no way Kim is 50

But if she's telling the truth about being 19 when she was in the military during Desert Storm (1991) she would have been born around '72 and might not even have turned 50 yet. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
41 minutes ago, Maximadc said:

Caleb is not attracted to Alina and he never will be. He just wants the world to know how international and disability-inclusive open minded he is. 

When he finally pulled her close to him in bed, he said something like how she "fit perfectly" like she's some kind of child or pet. Then, the whole backpack idea was just cringeworthy. 

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, The Goon said:

What does Caleb think it's gonna be like a Luke and Yoda thing?

acf85247b9750b2be8e4aa701928f257.jpg.e8260e63ad6d3cc223b7229b6aa23698.jpg

THIS!  You win.  Game over.  I have not laughed so hard in a long time!  Thank you!

And as a lifetime Vikings fan (it is my curse, I know) I did not know until yesterday that we are SNF!!  So I can watch this, then....🏈💜🏈💜🏈💜🏈!

Happy birthday to me! 

40 minutes ago, magemaud said:

But if she's telling the truth about being 19 when she was in the military during Desert Storm (1991) she would have been born around '72 and might not even have turned 50 yet. 

As some who was 26 in 1991, I agree.  And if we know her last name is easy to verify.  That picture looked late 80's early 90's to me.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 8
25 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

And if we know her last name is easy to verify. 

it's Menzies, but I'll let you do the sleuthing. 

I'm so relieved to see that I wasn't the only one hunkered down watching the preview on New Year's Eve! 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

it's Menzies, but I'll let you do the sleuthing. 

I'm so relieved to see that I wasn't the only one hunkered down watching the preview on New Year's Eve! 

Okay I need a life!  I attempted a lookup, but they were charging a fee.  Plus is Menzies her married name or maiden?  I will try again later.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Okay I need a life!  I attempted a lookup, but they were charging a fee.  Plus is Menzies her married name or maiden?  I will try again later.

I don't want to be accused of "doxing" so I'll PM you the info I've found 

• Love 2

I also wonder just how much Alina weighs because she might not trust the backpack carrier to safely hold her weight. After all, she's not a toddler and that contraption Caleb held up didn't look particularly strong. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, Gobi said:

Releasing someone’s personal info (name, address, etc.) on the internet. From “documenting”.

Thank you @Gobi!  I am sorry if this has been mentioned before, but why is Kim all "I am gonna flip the table if she is shady" or something like that, and doesn't like Usman talking to females, but said she is okay with him having a second wife?  Riddle me what?

Was it @Uncle JUICE who said Usman at least needed to giver her a courtesy boink?  That cracked me up!  Thank you!

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I am sorry if this has been mentioned before, but why is Kim all "I am gonna flip the table if she is shady"

Yes, I was going to mention that! How classy! I mean, has anyone on this forum ever, EVER been in the company of a woman who decides to flip over a table in public in a fit of fury? Yeah, if I were a guy, I'd love to be with a woman who thinks like this. Ya picked a real prize, there, Usman!

Edited by Breedom
  • LOL 7
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, Breedom said:

Yes, I was going to mention that! How classy! I mean, has anyone on this forum ever, EVER been in the company of a woman who decides to flip over a table in public in a fit of fury? Yeah, if I were a guy, I'd love to be with a woman who thinks like this. Ya picked a real prize, there, Usman!

He picks the lucky Crackerjack box.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Breedom said:

I mean, has anyone on this forum ever, EVER been in the company of a woman who decides to flip over a table in public in a fit of fury? Yeah, if I were a guy, I'd love to be with a woman who thinks like this.

I could certainly see Angela graduating from cake smashing and water throwing to table flipping Theresa Guidice style.

Edited by magemaud
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 6

Poor Gino. Sometimes his laugh and speaking voice sound like Leonardo DiCaprio in What’s Eating Gilbert Grape. I don’t mean that to be funny 😔 I agree there is some form of cognitive deficiency there. His uncle getting so emotional at the airport a few episodes back would lead me to believe that as well. I tend to think Gino’s eating habits are what they are because he might not be able to actually shop for and prepare meals on his own.

ETA: I don’t know about this guy. 

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Useful 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
16 hours ago, Breedom said:

I asked my hubs this, as he had what would call an active dating life if a woman ever said that.  Nope.

I woke up at 7 as I was having a dream no make that a nightmare that the Cowboys were playing the Packers on SNF and I had to watch.

Then I discovered this awesome pile of cringe had dropped.

My birthday is Friday but HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!💜🏈💜🏈💜🏈💜

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 7

JFC Caleb is a total ass. 

And wait a minute, if Elijah, who I love so far, BEST SIDE EYE EVER, is from Russia and has green eyes, does that fit your red haired green eyes Asian man stereotype, Ella? Also, stereotyping and generalizing is bad for all the reasons. 

• Love 9

Kimbaaaaly says she wants to look her best when she meets with Usman and that girl, funny her best looks exactly like her worst or her everyday self.  And of course she is wearing a cold shoulder shirt, is it a uniform that all older women seeking the attention of a younger man from a foreign country must wear sot they can be identified easily?

Usman sits at the table with Kimbaaaaly staring at his phone wishing he was anywhere but there and Kimbaaaaly is mentally getting herself ready to say things like, "hey that's my man, back off bitch," and figuring out the trajectory of the table once she flips it.  

• LOL 13
  • Love 10
On 12/31/2021 at 11:09 PM, Frozendiva said:

So Memphis has just landed in Tunisia and Hamza is already asking her how she likes the country. Uh, she has been here for less than an hour and it is night time. Maybe ask her a day or two later. I would have left the flowers at home in the guest room so she can enjoy them without having one more thing to lug around. She is also exhausted and jet lagged. It is still a 2 hour drive to his town? The language barrier is going to be a problem along with the cultural barrier of Memphis struggling to test drive Hamza to see if there is any physical chemistry. No sharing a room. Hamza is not responsible for her self esteem or self worth. You are involved with a stranger. Maybe you should have booked a hotel room for a couple of days.

Hamza's limited English is very basic, it is going to be a very boring visit for Memphis, they do not speak the same language and now she finds out the language of love will not be spoken either, she really did not plan very well, he lives at home in a Muslim house what did she really think was going to happen?  

They are sitting in the car and she is staring straight ahead talking to Hamza, not even making eye contact but she is so in love with him...once again I think we have someone who needs to set herself up for disappointment so all her friends will pity her and pay attention to her when she gets home.  I swear it is some sort of syndrome, it has to be, right?

• Useful 3
  • Love 12

Memphis's nasal voice is like nails on the chalkboard to me! 

2 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

And wait a minute, if Elijah, who I love so far, BEST SIDE EYE EVER, is from Russia and has green eyes, does that fit your red haired green eyes Asian man stereotype, Ella?

He might look the part, but I doubt if Ella considers Russian/Mongolian "Asian" enough. Besides, I think he's playing for the other team (not that there's anything wrong with that...) Next thing, she will be expecting Johnny to dye his hair red and wear green contacts. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
42 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Kimbaaaaly says she wants to look her best when she meets with Usman and that girl, funny her best looks exactly like her worst or her everyday self.  And of course she is wearing a cold shoulder shirt, is it a uniform that all older women seeking the attention of a younger man from a foreign country must wear sot they can be identified easily?

Usman sits at the table with Kimbaaaaly staring at his phone wishing he was anywhere but there and Kimbaaaaly is mentally getting herself ready to say things like, "hey that's my man, back off bitch," and figuring out the trajectory of the table once she flips it.  

I can only hear that as Taylor Swift singing!

30 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I think we have someone who needs to set herself up for disappointment so all her friends will pity her and pay attention to her when she gets home.  I swear it is some sort of syndrome, it has to be, right?

It is a syndrome and some clever poster really needs to name it.

2 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

if Elijah, who I love so far, BEST SIDE EYE EVER, is from Russia and has green eyes, does that fit your red haired green eyes Asian man stereotype, Ella?

But is there a demon fox inside?

My hubs joined for a bit and called Kimbaaaaaaaleeeee Cruella Deville.

No spoiler, obviously, but BUCKLE IN for the last five minutes!!!  Whoo Hoo!

15 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I tend to think Gino’s eating habits are what they are because he might not be able to actually shop for and prepare meals on his own.

And he is how old?  You would think taking care of his dad and elderly grandpa would motivate him to cook a bit better.  There is no excuse, even during Covid.  I taught both my kids to cook, and my younger one really took it a new level buy watching YouTube videos!

I am surprised Gino is not heavier, he seems to be on the processed food diet, which, in all fairness, a lot of Americans are practicing.

It is negative 7 degrees here.  Guess I need to watch again, right?

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

It is negative 7 degrees here. 

It was 60 degrees in my town, calling for snow tomorrow.  

The processed food is loaded with salt, with any luck whatshername will be in his will because eating all that salt will give him a coronary or stroke.

1 hour ago, Fable said:

That's the other bald guy.

Same difference.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Ella takes atrocious care of her wigs. Invest in some damn wig stands, ya weirdo! And y'know, brush 'em once in a while. Sheesh!

Memphis & Mike are equally clueless.

Gino. TMI. Eeeew.

Caleb is being mind-gamey. It's understandable not wanting to fuck right off the bat after a long flight & meeting for the first time, but no kiss? Then, the weird attitude toward Elijah. "You look stunning?" The fuck was that? Alina is so beautiful and straightforward, she deserves better than Caleb's douchey chakras and tumbleweed necklace nonsense.

Again, I swear there was supposed to be a catfish story this season.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I am getting them mixed up on only... episode 4? I hang my head in shame......

Mrs.H, no shame necessary! 

Not sure why, but I feel the need for a roster sheet (with photos) to keep this season's cast of idiots straight. 

I'm a bit very disappointed that Sharp couldn't come up with something more creative than a rerun of BGL/Usman story.

• Love 6