Forums forums
PRIMETIMER

Pallas

Hive Mind: Speculation

Throwing this out there, but I was wondering if Misty was actually still involved in the cult and manipulating Nat. Just thinking about how she was the one who gave Nat Travis's license, where he worked, the last note he allegedly wrote, that his bank account was emptied. And she was the one face we saw smiling during the flashback cannibal scene--plus one of the first members.

Then I also thought it would be sadly ironic if she wasn't involved with the cult because even they ghosted her when they were no longer forced to be with her.

• Useful 3

1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

I agree that if born, that baby won’t have much of a chance. It would also be extremely tiny, so wouldn’t offer much sustenance even if they did eat it.

Maybe not but it’s the perfect first step for a break in the group.  There are still a bunch of teens we haven’t really  seen much of yet.  One of them could take a moral stance against eating a baby and half the group could stand with her and be horrified that Shauna isn’t on their side.   But this split is what turns one group into outright cannibalism.  

By the way I love that this show has us talking about eating a baby as a serious possibility for a plot point.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 1
  • Laugh 2

1 hour ago, Chaos Theory said:

Maybe not but it’s the perfect first step for a break in the group.  There are still a bunch of teens we haven’t really  seen much of yet.  One of them could take a moral stance against eating a baby and half the group could stand with her and be horrified that Shauna isn’t on their side.   But this split is what turns one group into outright cannibalism.  

By the way I love that this show has us talking about eating a baby as a serious possibility for a plot point.

So true! 😂 But cooking a scrawny 1-2 pound fetus would probably leave them with little more than a few bones. Will be interesting to see them try, though.🙂

• Love 1

I'm late to the party having just finished the show.  But I do have speculation:  could Adam be Paul, boyfriend of Coach Ben?

• Laugh 2

18 minutes ago, meep.meep said:

I'm late to the party having just finished the show.  But I do have speculation:  could Adam be Paul, boyfriend of Coach Ben?

Only if he was like 10 when he was with Ben lol.

I believe the writers have said there’s nothing more to Adam than what was already revealed.

• Love 1
  • Useful 1

Hey! Obsessed with this show and just finished it. Apologies if this isn't the right spot but here's a few questions/speculations I have:

--How many "redshirts" are there currently among the survivors? How big is that group as of the end of Season 1? Do any have names that aren't major characters (yet)?

--Has there been any confirmation as to the level of "supernatural" we're in for? So far, I like that they've kept it lighter/implied...not to reference LOST again but I preferred when it hadn't gone too off the rails with time travel, etc and there was a Cold War govt study vibe to the island. Like, I'd totally buy it if the Yellowjackets are in some weird vortex part of Washington State or BC wilderness (I've heard theories Lottie may have seen turbine tunnels during her baptism and a huge dam somewhere could be causing weird things like hyper aggressive wolves). I like that so much is in the mind/human condition so far...

--Did I miss any acknowledgements from anyone in present day that all casualties were not during the crash? 

• Love 1

39 minutes ago, JasonCC said:

Hey! Obsessed with this show and just finished it. Apologies if this isn't the right spot but here's a few questions/speculations I have:

--How many "redshirts" are there currently among the survivors? How big is that group as of the end of Season 1? Do any have names that aren't major characters (yet)?

I feel like somebody counted in the funeral scene and there were 19 people? Including Jackie and Laura Lee? 

--Has there been any confirmation as to the level of "supernatural" we're in for? So far, I like that they've kept it lighter/implied...not to reference LOST again but I preferred when it hadn't gone too off the rails with time travel, etc and there was a Cold War govt study vibe to the island. Like, I'd totally buy it if the Yellowjackets are in some weird vortex part of Washington State or BC wilderness (I've heard theories Lottie may have seen turbine tunnels during her baptism and a huge dam somewhere could be causing weird things like hyper aggressive wolves). I like that so much is in the mind/human condition so far...

I haven't heard any confirmation and that's good imo. So far everything could be completely natural--even some supernatural stuff like Lottie having visions would be consider within the realm of natural for some people. So could be our world, but we believe in psychics or whatever. I don't see any reason for there to be any government conspiracy since what would that add to the girls starting a cult with human sacrifice and having to live with that later?

--Did I miss any acknowledgements from anyone in present day that all casualties were not during the crash? 

To other people? Not that I remember. Except, I guess, to Jeff if we count him reading it in Shauna's diary. 

• Love 1

29 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

I feel like somebody counted in the funeral scene and there were 19 people? Including Jackie and Laura Lee? 

I haven't heard any confirmation and that's good imo. So far everything could be completely natural--even some supernatural stuff like Lottie having visions would be consider within the realm of natural for some people. So could be our world, but we believe in psychics or whatever. I don't see any reason for there to be any government conspiracy since what would that add to the girls starting a cult with human sacrifice and having to live with that later?

To other people? Not that I remember. Except, I guess, to Jeff if we count him reading it in Shauna's diary. 

Lottie - schizophrenics have hallucinations. Nothing supernatural about it. Add in some collective hysteria. Not uncommon for young girls under a lot of stress.

• Love 2

Thanks to you both! No, I'm okay with hallucinations and even psychic premonitions and oddly rabid wolves. And, of course, human-created cults and rituals and strange sociology is prime game for this "Lord of the Flies" type stuff--it makes it scarier if anything! I just think I'd probably lose interest a little bit if it went time-travel or ghosts or literal demons or returns from the dead.

19 (even including Laura Lee and Jackie, RIP) seems like a LOT considering I assumed (perhaps wrongly) many died during the crash? How many members are there to a soccer team?! We know it was a private chartered flight so it's not like there were other random passengers just travelling to Seattle. It was only those affiliated with the Yellowjackets finals.

Edited by JasonCC

6 minutes ago, JasonCC said:

19 (even including Laura Lee and Jackie, RIP) seems like a LOT considering I assumed (perhaps wrongly) many died during the crash? How many members are there to a soccer team?! We know it was a private chartered flight so it's not like there were other random passengers just travelling to Seattle. It was only those affiliated with the Yellowjackets finals.

I think only like 4 or 5 died during the crash. The one freshman, the coach, and the pilot for sure. That's all I can think of but for some reason I'm remembering 4 graves. Although 1 grave was for Ben's leg lol.

• Love 2

Five died in the crash. Two pilots, one flight attendant, Coach Martinez and the freshman. 

• Love 2
  • Useful 1

On 4/13/2022 at 7:48 AM, JasonCC said:

How many members are there to a soccer team?!

You got me wondering - so, results of a quick google search:

typical high school boys or girls soccer team: 18-20 players

typical D1 NCAA soccer team: 28 

MLS: 30

(11 on the field, of course, at any given time)

It wouldn't surprise me if a national championship caliber HS team carried a few more players than most, so I'd guess 20 or a few more. (I looked for rules on maximums and found a few, but they were localized. I.e., you can have a max of 25 at the Michigan state championships unless you had more than 25 on the roster all season long; another locality set a limit of 22.) 

• Love 2

On 4/13/2022 at 10:48 AM, JasonCC said:

How many members are there to a soccer team?! 

Ironically i don’t think too many actual soccer players died during the crash.  Just the pilot, co pilot and the head coach.   Maybe one or two players.     They also brought a few JV players with them as backup.  The last thing you want is to have someone injured and to not have enough players during a championship game so when you can you bring a couple extras.      Plus it’s a good way for the show to add extra layers.  Younger girls who genuinely want to impress the older girls.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 3