Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E22: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

The only ones who acted like they were Mother(s) of the Year were Alex McCord & Ramona Singer. I don't remember Luann bragging about her parenting, nor do I remember much of her kids shenanigans being onscreen.

No matter how it's spun, Luann took a lot of really nasty crap from Ramon for 6 years. There's no time limit on television, and a lot of viewers (& cast members, past & present) have been waiting for karma to bite Ramona in the derriere.

The NY Housewives have been gracious, supportive & neutral about Ramona's marriage falling apart. FAR more than the viewers will ever be. Heather & Luann could've just continued the comparisons that Ramon has been obsessed with and started with everyone else's husband/children/house/party. Her GLEE at the problems of Luann's kids, her slamming of every non-Mario husband, her belittling of newbies, her incredible insensitivity & self-centeredness....that's not old news. That  *started* 6 years ago and continues right up into and through the reunion. It's CURRENT.

ALL the RHONY are being tactful, holding their tongue, curbing the more vicious, petty, vengeful sides of their personalities when it comes to Ramona's troubles. Why? No clue. That's their high road. This is something Ramona NEVER did--and never will--for them, because she's (cue Bethenny): "damaged" "honest" "a girl's girl" WHATEVER.

All in all, Ramona is damn lucky no one decided to really let her have it. It's been pretty smooth so far--except she made herself look like an ass. The extra friction from tabloids--she caused that herself.

Well in all fairness the falling apart of Ramona's marriage did not occur during filming, at least publicly.  Perhaps next week we will hear that all the women knew of the infidelity first hand from Ramona or Mario.   But as far as this week's Reunion-no one spoke to it except LuAnn who needs to dial it way back-she's winning don't go all Charlie Sheen now, LuAnn.  Heather has written about it - no surprise there because she had other issues with Ramona. 

I thought what Andy was trying to pull out of Ramona-or the usually very interrupting cast members, if Ramona had reached out or asked for support.  So Ramona didn't ask for support and none was offered.  I think that is about as real as it gets.  Ramona may very well process grief and humiliation different than others. 

This show started out "Manhattan Moms" and was suppose to focus on these women as moms so I totally get the focus on the kids.  LuAnn's kids were front and center.  As to the marriage you had two women married to much older men and in LuAnn's case she was either the fourth or fifth wife to the Count, who we rarely saw.  Simon and Alex were original to each other and Ramona and Mario had a long term marriage (Mario had been married before long ago) so there were constant comparisons-except LuAnn lied and stuff about her marriage was off limits or she called people names-"Crazy Eyes".  Because name calling is a good thing to do in front of your children-especially if it is making fun of a physical characteristic.

So as to the Reunion it was uncomfortable all around.  Sure Ramona bragged about her husband but no one there was going to say he was a jackass.  No one said Josh was a jackass and he was a jackass by huge proportions.  The lack of commentary about Josh is proportionate to the lack of commentary about Mario.  You can't tear down your co-workers husbands without it coming to bite you in the butt.  Ramona made an unfortunate observation about Heather's husband.  It wasn't an assault on his character it just wasn't nice and Kristen managed to get away with making comments about Jonathan.

Well in all fairness the falling apart of Ramona's marriage did not occur during filming, at least publicly.  Perhaps next week we will hear that all the women knew of the infidelity first hand from Ramona or Mario.   But as far as this week's Reunion-no one spoke to it except LuAnn who needs to dial it way back-she's winning don't go all Charlie Sheen now, LuAnn.  Heather has written about it - no surprise there because she had other issues with Ramona. 

I thought what Andy was trying to pull out of Ramona-or the usually very interrupting cast members, if Ramona had reached out or asked for support.  So Ramona didn't ask for support and none was offered.  I think that is about as real as it gets.  Ramona may very well process grief and humiliation different than others. 

This show started out "Manhattan Moms" and was suppose to focus on these women as moms so I totally get the focus on the kids.  LuAnn's kids were front and center.  As to the marriage you had two women married to much older men and in LuAnn's case she was either the fourth or fifth wife to the Count, who we rarely saw.  Simon and Alex were original to each other and Ramona and Mario had a long term marriage (Mario had been married before long ago) so there were constant comparisons-except LuAnn lied and stuff about her marriage was off limits or she called people names-"Crazy Eyes".  Because name calling is a good thing to do in front of your children-especially if it is making fun of a physical characteristic.

So as to the Reunion it was uncomfortable all around.  Sure Ramona bragged about her husband but no one there was going to say he was a jackass.  No one said Josh was a jackass and he was a jackass by huge proportions.  The lack of commentary about Josh is proportionate to the lack of commentary about Mario.  You can't tear down your co-workers husbands without it coming to bite you in the butt.  Ramona made an unfortunate observation about Heather's husband.  It wasn't an assault on his character it just wasn't nice and Kristen managed to get away with making comments about Jonathan.

I could be wrong but didn't LuAnn's marriage dissolve post filming of Season 2 so it wasn't filmed but it was mentioned during Season 2 reunion and yet Ramona jumped all over that and was a nasty wench.  So it makes sense why LuAnn isn't holding back.

• Love 9
Because name calling is a good thing to do in front of your children-especially if it is making fun of a physical characteristic.

The lack of commentary about Josh is proportionate to the lack of commentary about Mario.  You can't tear down your co-workers husbands without it coming to bite you in the butt. 

No name calling in front of kids....like telling someone their husband is an "old man twice her age" in front of her daughter? Sorry, for me, Ramona is the QUEEN of nasty-name calling.

No, you don't win tearing down other people's (especially co-workers) husbands/children/family/career/houses/parties.

Judging by their reaction to Ramona's troubles, this cast seems to have realized this en masse....with one telling exception: ....**Ramona Singer** She's NEVER followed that rule--not for a second!

Funny how everyone has to take the high road when it comes to Ramona & her family & her troubles, but she can go as low as she wants because "that's just who I am" or "just being honest." Her faux-apologies are the most enraging of all.

Let's see if any of this changes her. I lay odds it won't. That crazy-eyed delusion of hers will be back in place by next season.

• Love 12

Ramona made an unfortunate observation about Heather's husband.  It wasn't an assault on his character it just wasn't nice.

The two aren't mutually exclusive. What she said was an actual assault on his character. And it also wasn't very nice.

• Love 9

The two aren't mutually exclusive. What she said was an actual assault on his character. And it also wasn't very nice.

How is calling someone vanilla an assault on their character ? It may not be the most flattering comment but it didn't call his character into question, at all.

The count was much older than Luanne. He wasn't twice as old but it was no news that he was much older than Luanne and I'm pretty sure his daughter knew it. I don't see how that was mean either. Were they embarrassed by that and trying to hide it? I don't get the harm.

• Love 2

How is calling someone vanilla an assault on their character ? It may not be the most flattering comment but it didn't call his character into question, at all.

The count was much older than Luanne. He wasn't twice as old but it was no news that he was much older than Luanne and I'm pretty sure his daughter knew it. I don't see how that was mean either. Were they embarrassed by that and trying to hide it? I don't get the harm.

How is calling someone vanilla NOT an assault on his character? Was she talking about his skin color? His favorite ice cream flavor? Besides, she said a lot more than that. She went on and on. And don't forget all the comparisons to Mr. Lights Up the Room. And as for the Count's age, whether or not the age difference is true is not the point. It was Ramona's decision to point out this so-called truth to LuAnn and her daughter that showed her intentions. It was a put-down. That's Ramona's style. She's mean and bitchy and has no tact.

• Love 10

I could be wrong but didn't LuAnn's marriage dissolve post filming of Season 2 so it wasn't filmed but it was mentioned during Season 2 reunion and yet Ramona jumped all over that and was a nasty wench.  So it makes sense why LuAnn isn't holding back.

LuAnn has since confirmed what Bethenny, Ramona and Alex implied was LuAnn was never married and living with the Count during Seasons 1 & 2.  During Season 2 Reunion LuAnn announced her husband ended their marriage via e-mail.  It was then that Bethenny and Ramona and Alex tried to call her out but it ended up on the cutting room floor.  She has since discussed and said she covered up because of her kids.  So maybe LuAnn is trying to say Ramona and Mario were separated throughout the season and Ramona lied?

If someone is living separate from their husband and they are filming a reality show-they should disclose it.  Kids be damned-the kids know dad doesn't live at home.  So LuAnn saying, "how many times have you called my ex out for cheating?"  Should have been answered, "how many?"  It was just like LuAnn screwing around with the pirate and then asking her friend to lie-LuAnn cheats.  Mario cheating does not make LuAnn a better person.  Nor is any of it "karma".  First LuAnn's cheating was going to hurt the children and then when she banged the pirate it was Jacques' feelings. 

• Love 1

How is calling someone vanilla an assault on their character?  Vanilla just means ordinary.  Same with not lighting up a room when someone walks in-it just means they are ordinary.  Ordinary doesn't mean bad nor is it an insult.

• Love 3

LuAnn has since confirmed what Bethenny, Ramona and Alex implied was LuAnn was never married and living with the Count during Seasons 1 & 2.  During Season 2 Reunion LuAnn announced her husband ended their marriage via e-mail.  It was then that Bethenny and Ramona and Alex tried to call her out but it ended up on the cutting room floor.  She has since discussed and said she covered up because of her kids.  So maybe LuAnn is trying to say Ramona and Mario were separated throughout the season and Ramona lied?

If someone is living separate from their husband and they are filming a reality show-they should disclose it.  Kids be damned-the kids know dad doesn't live at home.  So LuAnn saying, "how many times have you called my ex out for cheating?"  Should have been answered, "how many?"  It was just like LuAnn screwing around with the pirate and then asking her friend to lie-LuAnn cheats.  Mario cheating does not make LuAnn a better person.  Nor is any of it "karma".  First LuAnn's cheating was going to hurt the children and then when she banged the pirate it was Jacques' feelings. 

Ah  -- thanks for that info.  That makes what Ramona said sound less of an issue if LuAnn's marriage was already done but she was pretending everything was wonderful during Seasons 1&2.

I hesitate to put anything resembling a swear in a topic title...how about "Ramona Singer: Karma Called, Turtle Time Answered"?  

How about same thing but switch it up ... "Ramona Singer:  Turtle Time Called, Karma Answered"?   

• Love 7

I'm watching Sonja's debut on Season 3 and holy cow, she looks much, much better now.  I don't know if she tweaked her nose or just lost weight, but she looks much better.

Sonja looks good but she's gone full trout-pout.  I find the ex Mrs. Morgan (...oh and ex Mrs. Other Dude she married first, but she's gotta pretend she found twu wuv with the Monopoly Man to continue her charade, pronounced 'cher-rade-duh,' as you do in St. Tropez when wearing your South of France g-strings) contemptible so I hope she goes full Lisa Rinna with that mouth.  'As you can see by my lips, I was an amazing restaurant hostess....'  I guess she's lucky there's no way the trustee can sell the Restalyne and Juvaderm in her face, so keep on keeping on, sexy J!

Mario cheating does not make LuAnn a better person.

No one has said this.  At all.  On stage, or here.  Or insinuated it.  Or built a post on it. 

Nor is any of it "karma".

Ramona's **own behavior** and cruelty to castmates is what's come home to roost.  The fact that her husband rather obviously despises her is incidental.

[LuAnn] called people names-"Crazy Eyes".  Because name calling is a good thing to do in front of your children-especially if it is making fun of a physical characteristic.

Ramona clarified on Wendy Williams that she does not have a medical condition of any kind: she claimed it was trouble with her contacts.  Let me translate that for sane human beings: she got an eye job.  I won't weep for the woman who talked loudly and nastily about Kelly's implants at an event.  I just think it should be spelled Krazy Eyez, and that you get the best effect when the soused lunatic has a bang-roller in. 

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 12

Mario cheating does not make LuAnn a better person.  Nor is any of it "karma". 

Ramona gleefully and sanctimoniously exposing and ridiculing the marriage woes of others, and now experiencing marriage woes and public humiliation herself, is the very definition of karma.

• Love 18

He is maybe 15 years older than Luann.  If he’d been twice her age, he would have been in his 80’s, since Luann was in her mid-40’s then.  That’s mean, it’s untrue and Ramona knew it but didn’t care enough to do accurate math.

I hadn’t previously heard that Luann was separated when she started filming season one. If true, not cool to hide it.  Though I kind of wonder how often the Count was around even when happily married – IIRC he traveled a lot for his business.  I just saw another poster’s statement that Luann said she was hiding the separation for the children, which implies he was often not around when they were a real couple.  I could see keeping it quiet for young children.  Let’s face it, lots of couples stay together until the children are out of the house.  Since Luann didn’t go around claiming to have the best marriage ever, I don’t see where this is as bad as other things people have hidden (though Luann, I love you but don’t go on the show if you need to hide a major thing from your kids).

Edited by Mrs peel
  • Love 2

How is calling someone vanilla an assault on their character?  Vanilla just means ordinary.  Same with not lighting up a room when someone walks in-it just means they are ordinary.  Ordinary doesn't mean bad nor is it an insult.

I find your posts very ordinary. Not like my posts. My posts LIGHT THIS PLACE UP!

• Love 23

How is calling someone vanilla NOT an assault on his character? Was she talking about his skin color? His favorite ice cream flavor? Besides, she said a lot more than that. She went on and on. And don't forget all the comparisons to Mr. Lights Up the Room. And as for the Count's age, whether or not the age difference is true is not the point. It was Ramona's decision to point out this so-called truth to LuAnn and her daughter that showed her intentions. It was a put-down. That's Ramona's style. She's mean and bitchy and has no tact.

The measure of character is a moral measure. Being ordinary is not a measure of morals.

• Love 2

I don't think Ramona necessarily assaulted Jonathan's character but she did insult him.  Calling someone vanilla may not necessarily be bad but when you go on and gush about how YOUR husband lights up a room when he enters it, it then becomes an insult and a putdown.

• Love 9

I find your posts very ordinary. Not like my posts. My posts LIGHT THIS PLACE UP!

Are you saying my character is flawed because you find my posts boring? I wouldn't think so. You probably don't believe boring posts are a moral failure.

I don't think Ramona necessarily assaulted Jonathan's character but she did insult him.  Calling someone vanilla may not necessarily be bad but when you go on and gush about how YOUR husband lights up a room when he enters it, it then becomes an insult and a putdown.

That I can agree with but, in her fucked up way, Ramona was trying to connect with Kristen.

• Love 4

Exactly. It was an insult. And everyone's different, of course, but I'd rather be called anything but boring. Vanilla/ordinary. And apparently Ramona agrees, going by her taste in men. So does the mistress.

• Love 5

After reading LuAnn's blog all I can say is move on LuAnn-your marriage was over years and years ago.   I am so tired of hearing how wronged LuAnn was by Ramona. Also much of the bickering between the two took place long before the current cast was on.

If they are going to bring up Ramona's years old comments than bring up LuAnn's.  For LuAnn to act like she is mother of the year is ridiculous. There was no blackmail or Ramona hiring spies, her kids actions were common knowledge. LuAnn brought Victoria on and her first school, LuAnn threw the Sweet Sixteen party and then blogged how her daughter's party was better because the adults knew when to leave-just a note to LuAnn responsible adults don't leave a Sweet Sixteen nor do they put another mother down for sticking around. LuAnn brought up her daughter's broken wrists for trying to sneak out, Luann trotted her son out with broken bones from a poorly supervised skateboard car incident-as in the kid was dragging on the back of the car. LuAnn had the art show of Victoria's filmed where half the art work had 'kush' references in the artwork.  LuAnn's kid made it public she had been kicked out of two schools and was being sent to France to finish her last year. 

LuAnn is becoming dangerously overconfident -she never was the top bill and I think this season of no story line and this comfortable position of being able to exact revenge will be next year's undoing for LuAnn.

I also thought it was funny that after having the last word on Aviva's domestic help situation LuAnn has essentially retracted that statement.  I am curious how many nannies these people need to raise a child-I get Heather and her husband Mr. Mom, needing a dedicated nanny for their son with all his health issues and maybe a very aggressive home cleaning crew because of Jax's health issues.  But really even with four children (two of whom do not live with Aviva and her husband full-time) how many nannies do these people need? 

How is Jonathan 'Mr Mom'?  Last I knew he has a career as  a Senior Managing Director, Principal at Cassidy Turley.  Is he an involved parent?  Seems to be (and seems to be a very good one based on what we've seen) and not unusual when both parents work.

I don't think Luann ever came close to describing herself as mother of the year.  Ramona brought up the subject.  How is she supposed to respond.  I like Luann the first season.  After that, I couldn't stand her up until this past season.  And although I couldn't stand her, I thought Ramona crossed the line in the trifecta conversation. 

• Love 6

LuAnn has since confirmed what Bethenny, Ramona and Alex implied was LuAnn was never married and living with the Count during Seasons 1 & 2. During Season 2 Reunion LuAnn announced her husband ended their marriage via e-mail. It was then that Bethenny and Ramona and Alex tried to call her out but it ended up on the cutting room floor. She has since discussed and said she covered up because of her kids. So maybe LuAnn is trying to say Ramona and Mario were separated throughout the season and Ramona lied?

If someone is living separate from their husband and they are filming a reality show-they should disclose it. Kids be damned-the kids know dad doesn't live at home. So LuAnn saying, "how many times have you called my ex out for cheating?" Should have been answered, "how many?" It was just like LuAnn screwing around with the pirate and then asking her friend to lie-LuAnn cheats. Mario cheating does not make LuAnn a better person. Nor is any of it "karma". First LuAnn's cheating was going to hurt the children and then when she banged the pirate it was Jacques' feelings.

Where did Lu confirm she was not married to the Count before RHoNY started? I looked all over the interwebs and can't find anything. Can you help me out with this?

Thanks, I just keep getting stories about her and Jacques break up.

• Love 2
Where did Lu confirm she was not married to the Count before RHoNY started?

It's pretty well known the marriage had been over for years before the show started & while they had been leading separate lives, they were not legally separated.  When the show first started, Lu was bullshitting up a storm on what her life was really like & has never admitted to anything, so you will find nothing about it.

• Love 1

Where did Lu confirm she was not married to the Count before RHoNY started? I looked all over the interwebs and can't find anything. Can you help me out with this?

Thanks, I just keep getting stories about her and Jacques break up.LL

Luann was married before the show started.  They got divorced in 2010 IIRC - season three maybe.  She got an email from him in 2009 saying that he was in love with someone.  He also appeared on the show several times but apparently lead separate lives.

• Love 2

Ramona clarified on Wendy Williams that she does not have a medical condition of any kind: she claimed it was trouble with her contacts.  Let me translate that for sane human beings: she got an eye job.  I won't weep for the woman who talked loudly and nastily about Kelly's implants at an event.  I just think it should be spelled Krazy Eyez, and that you get the best effect when the soused lunatic has a bang-roller in. 

What?!!  Trouble with contacts means you've had an eye job!  My husband must have had an eye job without me knowing about it because he always has trouble with his contacts.

Luann acted like a giant snooty snob for the first few seasons.  She was living a lie pretending she was happily married to a Count, when in fact she wasn't.  She acted as if she was above everyone.  Many people, including Bethenny, called her out on her behavior.  It wasn't just Ramona.  I can't say I blame them either because her snootiness was annoying to me as a viewer so I can imagine how annoying it was in real life.

• Love 3
LuAnn is becoming dangerously overconfident

I'm not sure that's it.  When talkin' about this season Moaner said Lu has let her guard down & is more herself.  I agree.  She's let go of a lot of the bullshit mask she held onto so tightly before.  Now, has she changed?  Maybe some, but I'm sure she's still pretentious as fuck.  She's just relaxed a bit with that shit -- seemingly, at least.

I think Lu has still got a shit-ton of secrets to hide.  And dat's the ONLY reason she backed down on Moaner.  Moaner knows Lu's secrets & she didn't rip Moaner to shreads cuz Lu was scared shit of huh.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs

What?!!  Trouble with contacts means you've had an eye job!  My husband must have had an eye job without me knowing about it because he always has trouble with his contacts.

Luann acted like a giant snooty snob for the first few seasons.  She was living a lie pretending she was happily married to a Count, when in fact she wasn't.  She acted as if she was above everyone.  Many people, including Bethenny, called her out on her behavior.  It wasn't just Ramona.  I can't say I blame them either because her snootiness was annoying to me as a viewer so I can imagine how annoying it was in real life.

Oh, snap!  Does your husband also star on RHONY, have people all over the interwebs speculating that he has Graves' Disease or the like in order to shore up his claims that he's not had surgery?

• Love 1

Luann was married before the show started. They got divorced in 2010 IIRC - season three maybe. She got an email from him in 2009 saying that he was in love with someone. He also appeared on the show several times but apparently lead separate lives.

Thanks, that is what I remembered. I was just curious because I had seen a couple people say that Lu confirmed that her marriage was a sham/over blah blah. I just never read that.

I get that Lu was covering for her kids(that her marriage was not OK) . And I get that.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 2

It's pretty well known the marriage had been over for years before the show started & while they had been leading separate lives, they were not legally separated.  When the show first started, Lu was bullshitting up a storm on what her life was really like & has never admitted to anything, so you will find nothing about it.

Actually,,,,the main reason it was "well-known" that Luann & the Count had separated was...Ramona! She set the standard. She's lucky the other ladies are too reticient (for SOME reason) to really let her have it.

No one said she had to admit anything. But her responses made her look ridiculous given that 1) she's gleefully brought up offscreen marital problems of others 2) they were TOTALLY softball questions 3) she didn't look cool & unruffled--if anything, she was a total s*** going after Andy 4) her antagonistic, fuck-you-nothing's-wrong approach was practically a DARE for the tabloids to disprove.

Ramona really did this to herself by maintaining her delusional "happy, hot marriage" mentality--in the most ungraceful, belligerent manner possible. She doesn't have to discuss it, but she refused to face it. Andy tried, but in the end, it was Mario who forced the issue. Maybe he had to, in order to get those divorce proceedings to finally start.

And she's still really lucky. Props to the other ladies for not dredging up EVERY nasty "honest" opinion-stated-as-fact Ramona's levelled at them or every smug, nasty comment she's made about their husbands and children.

Edited by mmepeacock
  • Love 6

No name calling in front of kids....like telling someone their husband is an "old man twice her age" in front of her daughter? Sorry, for me, Ramona is the QUEEN of nasty-name calling.

No, you don't win tearing down other people's (especially co-workers) husbands/children/family/career/houses/parties.

Judging by their reaction to Ramona's troubles, this cast seems to have realized this en masse....with one telling exception: ....**Ramona Singer** She's NEVER followed that rule--not for a second!

Funny how everyone has to take the high road when it comes to Ramona & her family & her troubles, but she can go as low as she wants because "that's just who I am" or "just being honest." Her faux-apologies are the most enraging of all.

Let's see if any of this changes her. I lay odds it won't. That crazy-eyed delusion of hers will be back in place by next season.

What was amazing to me was that immediately after she acted all offended and stupid and refused to answer the question she turned right around and commented on Kristen's marriage and how it was so bad that they bickered. WTF?  Sure Kristen and Josh seeem to be a trainwreck, but that just pointed out again how clueless Ramona is.

Ramona, honey, perhaps you should hold the marital advice. Self aware much?

Tune in next week when Sonja Morgan gives financial advice to the other housewives.

• Love 8

Mario probably figured out, now he has had time away from Ramona, that she is CRAZY. He is probably running for the hills. Watching Ramona dating...scary. We definitly need Bethany and Jill back.  Did you hear that Andy????

Not saying whether this is good or bad, but BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR. I could see this being a good set up for MAYBE 3 or 4 episodes and then have them both vanish after that.

However, asking Jill Zarin back is akin to her disguising herself as the grandmother in Little Red Riding Hood. By the end of the season she'll be running the show. And Lu will be in her pocket again. Not sure it's worth the risk.

• Love 2

WTF?  Sure Kristen and Josh seeem to be a trainwreck, but that just pointed out again how clueless Ramona is.

Ramona, honey, perhaps you should hold the marital advice. Self aware much?

Tune in next week when Sonja Morgan gives financial advice to the other housewives.

Don't forget,  Aviva Drescher: Charm School

• Love 2

Ramona gleefully and sanctimoniously exposing and ridiculing the marriage woes of others, and now experiencing marriage woes and public humiliation herself, is the very definition of karma.

I don't get the gleefully-I heard Ramona state it.  The clip they showed at the Reunion was after LuAnn said her ex had run off with a princess.  No one openly confronted Lu Ann about it during Seasons 1 and 2.  It wasn't something Ramona just pulled out of her pinot hat.  LuAnn had used it as a sympathy ploy.  The issue was LuAnn had not been genuine and then she struck out at some of the others as not being sympathetic.

I don't get the gleefully-I heard Ramona state it.  The clip they showed at the Reunion was after LuAnn said her ex had run off with a princess. 

I was referring to Ramona's history on the show, not one isolated instance. Karma is currently biting Ramona in the ass, and I'm guessing it doesn't feel so good.

• Love 7

I was referring to Ramona's history on the show, not one isolated instance. Karma is currently biting Ramona in the ass, and I'm guessing it doesn't feel so good.

I don't know it feels pretty good to me. Oh, wait you meant to her? Yeah, maybe not so much.

Edited by chlban
  • Love 4

There are two qualities I've gotten from Ramona that I think are absolutely genuine. One is that on the rare occasion she realizes she went too far and hurt feelings in a way that she herself can look at and know is unjustified, she usually does apologize. Beth on the bridge, Kristin and the glass, and while she didn't apologize it did seem like she felt bad in another season for essentially telling an interview candidate that she looked dumpy. 

The other, which often eclipses the first, is that she is a phenomenal hypocrite. Prime example being that Sonja's finances are Ramona's marriage -- both are in crumbling states that neither are willing to acknowledge publicly. But because Ramona deigned it so that Sonja must "own it" or whatever she called it at the time, it was ok for everyone else to talk about. If that ever goes away I'll...I dunno, eat my hat. And stop watching reality tv. In other words, it's never going to happen.

Edited to add: speaking of Sonja! I don't understand why this woman doesn't market a toaster oven with the quickness! I'd buy it! I'd buy it without even bothering to light an abundance candle first!  I've been hearing about it for THREE YEARS. I AM READY FOR THE TOASTER. I think she'd make money off it initially just because the Sonja toaster has become a novelty...and if it's actually a good product, she could get a lot of $$$$. Not Bethenny money, but better than Ramona pinot, I bet. In an ideal world she'd make more than Josh does just to piss him off.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut

He is maybe 15 years older than Luann.  If he’d been twice her age, he would have been in his 80’s, since Luann was in her mid-40’s then.  That’s mean, it’s untrue and Ramona knew it but didn’t care enough to do accurate math.

The context of the conversation seems to be missing here. Ramona and Luann were giving Bethenny dating advice. Luann poo pooed Ramona's advice and told Bethenny that she needed to be demure and mysterious and talk softly so that the man would lean in to listen. When Ramona said that advice wouldn't work in the modern dating world, Luann said that it had worked for her. Ramona said yes because you married a man twice your age. Victoria was walking around in the background and wasn't even paying attention to the conversation until Luann blew up at Ramona.

Now, I'm not saying that what Ramona said was nice or appropriate, but neither was Luann in that situation. They were both wrong and the only reason that Victoria was aware of the topic of the discussion was because Luann started yelling at Ramona about it.

• Love 4

I am watching (as I work at home) Season 3.  Ramona is talking about her being married for 17 years.    Jill in her talking head starts saying "being married 17 years isn't a milestone. Well, I guess being married every year is a milestone...I guess being married to Ramona for a day is a milestone."  Hilarious.

• Love 7

She stated she has decided to move on with her life without Mario, she tried to make the marriage work and it didn't. She owes Andy an apology.

On his show, with a bottle of Maker's Mark in hand and a big 'ol slice of humble pie in the other.

• Love 2

Thanks, I just keep getting stories about her and Jacques break up.

E! True Hollywood story.  She talked about how difficult it was to film with her being separated.  Bethenny brought it up on her show as well.  Bethenny talked about how hard it was to film with LuAnn because she had told the cast one thing and when it came time to tape LuAnn would clam up.  Of course once again LuAnn cited the kids. 

Along with calling him vanilla Ramona also said he hunches over when he walks in a room and hides in Heather's shadow. She's implying he's a wimp.I saw him on that mud run...the man ain't no wimp.

• Love 11

Jonathan seems like one of the nicest of the hubby's.  And I wouldn't be surprised if he was really the breadwinner -- not the "Yummie Tummie" brand.

Schindler is Managing Director and Princpal of a national commercial real estate company. I think he does "alright".

• Love 5

E! True Hollywood story. She talked about how difficult it was to film with her being separated. Bethenny brought it up on her show as well. Bethenny talked about how hard it was to film with LuAnn because she had told the cast one thing and when it came time to tape LuAnn would clam up. Of course once again LuAnn cited the kids.

Thanks, I'll try to watch it when find it online.

Again thanks, I don't I have watched an ETH in years.

Schindler is Managing Director and Princpal of a national commercial real estate company. I think he does "alright".

One would never know because his wife has to be out front.  I find Heather extremely overbearing.  I looked up the company where he works and could not find him as Managing Director or a Principal.  I think that company is much like other national real estate firms there are offices in many cities.  His name doesn't come up as a principal.  Maybe he is the Phil Dunphey of the RHONYC series.

A quick google search reports Schindler in this position in a lot of reputable business publications and newspapers (including the NYTimes).  Many business websites don't list who the principals are.  Also, of course Heather is out front on this show - the show is about the wives not the husbands. There's a world of difference (and prestige) between commercial real estate and the realtor sells houses.

Edited by jimene79
  • Love 7

One would never know because his wife has to be out front.  I find Heather extremely overbearing.  I looked up the company where he works and could not find him as Managing Director or a Principal.  I think that company is much like other national real estate firms there are offices in many cities.  His name doesn't come up as a principal.  Maybe he is the Phil Dunphey of the RHONYC series.

Jonathan Schindler, Senior Managing Director, Principal

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 4