Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: The Original Heavy Hitta

• Start Topic

She lost 100 pounds but I couldn't tell a difference looking at her... probably because she still weighs four times what she should.  I just hope she continues losing and doesn't think that now she lost enough because she is able to play with her child a little...  so many poundticipants would stop as soon as they felt 'functional enough' to do the one thing they wanted.  Hope she gets on the right track and keeps losing...

• Love 9

Jasmin lost 100 lbs so far.   Good for her.     I hope she keeps it up, and gets thrown out of that BBW group.     

Latrisha sitting there acting like she's not a saboteur really irritates me.   I bet if Jasmin has a moment of weakness, Latrisha will be in the drive-thru line getting a bunch of stuff for her.  

I could see the difference when they showed the photos.   

Her mom looks fantastic too. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

Congratulations, Jasmin!

See you all in the new year!

5 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Jasmin lost 100 lbs so far.   Good for her.     I hope she keeps it up, and gets thrown out of that BBW group.     

Latrisha sitting there acting like she's not a saboteur really irritates me.   I bet if Jasmin has a moment of weakness, Latrisha will be in the drive-thru line getting a bunch of stuff for her.  

Latrisha actually said "Just because you're on a diet doesn't mean that I can't continue to eat badly."

What kind of fool says that? 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, sainte-chapelle said:

That catfish host freaks me out…he looks like a sleazy guy 

Grapes ?!?! Well there goes the diet

If you are talking about Nev he was expelled from college for punching a woman in the face at a school dance and has had me too allegations against him regarding the show.

1 hour ago, ams1001 said:

Washing my hair tomorrow should be fun, though.

Do you have any of those thin latex or vinyl gloves like those used for painting?  

1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Latrisha has an unfortunate face so I get it why she is sabotaging Jasmine.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

If you are talking about Nev he was expelled from college for punching a woman in the face at a school dance and has had me too allegations against him regarding the show.

Yea Nev, I knew nothing about him as I don’t watch the show. For some reason I am not surprised.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Do you have any of those thin latex or vinyl gloves like those used for painting?  

I actually have a box of gloves my mom gave me in the early days of the pandemic. I thought of them last night; will try that.

56 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Yea Nev, I knew nothing about him as I don’t watch the show. For some reason I am not surprised.

He was on Dancing With the Stars. I liked him before I learned that stuff about him (I don't watch his show and had never heard of him before).

I couldn't see a difference in the "reveal" until they showed the pictures. I hope she keeps going. They were all talking like she already lost all the weight she should but she still weighed over 500. I hope she's not one of those "lose just enough to not be housebound and stop" people. 

• Love 5

On this show and the previous Dr. Procter show, they have the reveal way too soon, in my opinion.    I suspect that some of the patients relapse, or stop losing weight, when they get more mobile.    

With Jasmin, I could only tell she lost weight by the before and after photos.    I hope she's kept with the diet, and health program, and is doing well.    Jasmin needs to get healthy, and be there for her son.    If something happens to Jasmin, her mother really isn't going to be capable of taking full time care of him, and Latricia certainly wouldn't be a good caretaker for him.      

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, OoogleEyes said:

PARK!

Oh, they're carrying an actual kitchen chair. 

I wish I could have seen my face when I saw Jasmine's mother hauling a kitchen chair with her. 

13 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

That catfish host freaks me out…he looks like a sleazy guy 

Grapes ?!?! Well there goes the diet

I literally yelped "no grapes!"

13 hours ago, Ladybugnine said:

Good for her for shutting her sister down!

I cheered!

13 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

That poor son has the misfortune of looking like Kody. Good for him for calling Kody out for spending all his time with Robyn.

All those poor boys look just like him!

13 hours ago, Suzywriter said:

Congratulations, Jasmin!

See you all in the new year!

Latrisha actually said "Just because you're on a diet doesn't mean that I can't continue to eat badly."

What kind of fool says that? 

Dumbass Latrisha, that's who.

2 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I could never stand Nev. I quit watching the show because skeeved me out so much.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ams1001 said:

I actually have a box of gloves my mom gave me in the early days of the pandemic. I thought of them last night; will try that.

He was on Dancing With the Stars. I liked him before I learned that stuff about him (I don't watch his show and had never heard of him before).

I couldn't see a difference in the "reveal" until they showed the pictures. I hope she keeps going. They were all talking like she already lost all the weight she should but she still weighed over 500. I hope she's not one of those "lose just enough to not be housebound and stop" people. 

They did the reveal just two months after the surgery.  On other episodes it has been a longer interval.  So another 75 pounds in two months was pretty good but premature for a reveal.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

It does seem to be a show thing to have the big reveal.  Other shows about obese folks have done this as well as plastic surgery shows.  It's silly because it's not like the person was locked away in a closet for the last however many months.  It's completely different if they have lost a huge amount of weight (in cases like this 200+) and are seeing someone they have not seen in a long time, like when folks go back to see out of town family. 

Jasmin seems like a very nice person.  She took responsibility for her own choices.  I also appreciated that she was trying to not pass along her bad eating habits to her son. I also enjoyed her joking about the weight of her braids when she was taking off every little thing before the weigh in.  I think many of us have been there.  🙂

• Like 1
  • Love 7

Just caught this. I like Jasmin-I think she understands what needs to be done. But why couldn't she have it done closer to home? I live in the "Greater Metro Area" and there are 8 major hospitals near her-almost all of them have a bariactic department. Some of them do skin surgery too.I'm figuring she wanted the juicy TLC money because she couldn't stick to the program the Detroit docs wanted her to do .her sister was dong her no favor.As A funeral director I have seen the uptick in Covid deaths and many of them were people of color and were obese Regardless of vaccination.I hope she continues well on her journey and her and her family thrive. My only beef- lose the butterfly eyelashes ladies  lose them they look so heavy why wear them?

• Love 2
On 12/29/2021 at 7:24 PM, Hellga said:

604.  Should have eaten a few more donuts, 606 would have fit her better.  Or 608.  No angles in her, just circles!

Another 'magical thinker' who thinks after surgery she will wake up thin and able to eat whatever she wants...

A magic wand and she'd eat herself back up to 600 lbs.

• Love 2
On 12/29/2021 at 10:59 PM, Hellga said:

She lost 100 pounds but I couldn't tell a difference looking at her... 

There was a very heavy comedian who said you know you're really in trouble when you lose a hundred pounds and people say "I can really see it in your face."

The faux COVID safety gestures really annoy me. Elbow bump greeting. "We've both tested negative, so if we keep our distance we can take our masks off if that's okay with you." Then he gives her his hand to help her stand, stands next to her as she weighs in, and high fives her afterward as they both laugh in each other's faces.

At least the cameraman had the sense to stand outside the room.

• Love 2

She's pretty and even tho she's big she keep her self looking nice she keep her hair combed she goes outside has supportive friends and a social like she not in bed eating n yelling at people all day  unlike most ppl on these shows

• Love 1

She's pretty and even tho she's big she keep her self looking nice she keep her hair combed she goes outside has supportive friends and a social like she not in bed eating n yelling at people all day  unlike most ppl on these shows

• Like 1