Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: The Original Heavy Hitta

• Start Topic

Jasmin is a young single mom who weighs 604 pounds and has lost almost all of her independence. Her mother was recently diagnosed with MS, and Jasmin knows that she must get bariatric surgery so she can take care of her mom and her 7-year-old son.

Streaming on Discovery+

Original network air date 2021.12.29

1 minute ago, SunnyBeBe said:

That’s pretty sneaky…..telling the kid he shouldn’t eat those donuts, less he look like her….and after he puts them down she gobbles them up! 🤣

Hmm. Was that 'more for meeee" advice?

Latrisha is a feeder.

Edited by Suzywriter
  • Love 5

The son is a cute boy, and still thin - hope he manages to stay that way... is she limiting his food by eating all the junk herself, or is he able to stay active despite his mother being a blob unable to take him places?  Either way, I really wish him best.

2 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

Hey folks. Is this the live chat? 

Not officially, but I think it functions pretty much the same?  At least, that's how I've been treating the last few episode threads.  

• Love 3

That's a group discount in waiting, if I ever saw one!  That's self-perpetuating weight problem.  They keep reassuring each other that they are fine, it's the world that fails to appreciate them...  I have no hope for success for this gal unless she ditches these friends.  At best she loses a few dozen pounds to get a bit more mobile, but then she will eat it all back up. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

SSBBW? That's a new one...

Oh yes, they have fan clubs all their own. Really.  I actually like this group of women. They support each other in all things. 

She has a Heavy Hittas shirt!!

Edited by Suzywriter
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

I'm worried about Jasmin chokeing on a biscuit, right on camera.    You can't tell me that there isn't a doctor in Michigan that handles 600 lbs. + patients.     She'd lose at least 10 lbs. if she took those huge fake eyelashes off.      I'm guessing she's flunked out of more than one weight loss surgery program. 

Detroit to Atlanta is a 12 hour drive, so it should take at least 4 days each way. 

Jasmin is so delusional, she thinks Dr. Procter will immediately do surgery?  

After seeing the SSBBW group, I'm wondering if Jasmin is really going to want to lose wait, and follow through?    Her son is adorable.    

604 lbs, I'm shocked it wasn't 704. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

After seeing the SSBBW group, I'm wondering if Jasmin is really going to want to lose wait, and follow through?    Her son is adorable.    

One of the group had gastric bypass, and she still looked pretty BBW. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, OoogleEyes said:

I will NEVER eliminate dairy from my diet. NEVAH!

Me neither!  For Lent, we are technically supposed to forego both meat and dairy for the entire 6 weeks - I can and do give up meat/eggs/poultry, but I can never go without dairy.  Milk, cheese, farm cheese, sour cream, yogurt...  Yum!  

• Love 5

604.  Should have eaten a few more donuts, 606 would have fit her better.  Or 608.  No angles in her, just circles!

Another 'magical thinker' who thinks after surgery she will wake up thin and able to eat whatever she wants...

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Her mother with MS is carrying a chair behind her cow of a daughter while her son is playing by himself as far away from them as possible.  Sad.  

12 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm worried about Jasmin chokeing on a biscuit, right on camera.    You can't tell me that there isn't a doctor in Michigan that handles 600 lbs. + patients.     She'd lose at least 10 lbs. if she took those huge fake eyelashes off.      I'm guessing she's flunked out of more than one weight loss surgery program. 

Either she flunked the doctors in Michigan, or she wants 5 minutes of TV fame for the Heavy Hittas, or both...

• Love 3

'I did cheat'.  You don't say!  This is the cheat you admitted - how many have we NOT seen?  And restarting diet on Mondays...  I would be surprised if she loses 30 pounds... though I wouldn't put a one month effort past her... the sustained effort I definitely don't believe in, unless they show some serious work with a therapist.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

They will pry the cheese from my cold dead hands

A friend was on a diet where she wasn't supposed to have milk products.  When they first told her, she said, "No problem; I hate milk".  Of course, she was thinking of liquid milk.  Then they told her about cheese, yogurt, ice cream . . . .

Latricia trying to sabotage Jasmin.  Jasmin is quite pretty. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
Just now, sainte-chapelle said:

Wow…why would her sister do that 

Either made-for-TV-drama or the sister likes being 'the thin one' which she is only able to be next to someone Jasmin's size...

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Cheating is a few cookies, not a whole box. 

If they were able to stop eating cookies before they are forced by actually running out of cookies, they probably wouldn't be 600+ pounds...

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Had to go take care of my thumb injury...looks like I missed some drama!

Hope you thumb is OK!

Jasmin is definitely taking an easy way out with her exercise regimen!

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Hope your thumb is ok 

9 minutes ago, OoogleEyes said:

What is the prognosis?

7 minutes ago, Hellga said:

Hope you thumb is OK!

It looked like a lot of blood but now that it's stopped bleeding it doesn't look too bad. I washed it thoroughly with unscented soap and slathered it with Neosporin. I think it'll survive. Washing my hair tomorrow should be fun, though.

Aw, her little guy worrying. I want to give him a hug.

Commercial for Life Cuisine Mac & Broccoli bowl! That's what I had for dinner!

4 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Take care of thumb injury. I got intense finger infection several years ago. Long story, but it was a nightmare.  Stay on top of it. I had an antibiotic resistant infection,

Yikes! Now I'll be paranoid. 

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 4