Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Save The Palace

• Start Topic

Episode 6 robbed the audience of the lair battle. Most ppl watch it to reach the crescendo at the end of the episode with an epic lair battle. This episode robbed the audience of that. Robbed the audience literally of the best part of an episode & Jodi & brad did all that politicking for nothing and r more exposed for it now. Not a single member of kings palace went home so it was all for nothing. And also Cohutta who competed better than everyone who was voted to possibly go into the lair in all prior daily challenges This season no matter who's his partner.  Who cares if Casey is Prego. Let her go, bye Casey & congrats. But y punish Cohutta? Replace his partner like you have in so many other episodes with a new person just like in past when similar circumstances have happened. By far worst episode of the challenge I've ever watched. And I've seen em all. Most disappointing episode. All the dialogue and drama but no action. This year could have been Cohuttas year to finally make a final and who knows maybe win it. And he just got robbed of this opportunity unfairly. Been a fan of his for awhile and it's long overdue he made a final. Very disappointed with this episode. I wait all week to watch the challenge and it's usually a highlight of my week as far as entertainment goes and this episode was a big let down. I wish there was a more formal place I could make this complaint. Bc I doubt anyone will read this who gives a shit like I do. I am honestly disappointed in whomever thought it was a good idea to cut out Cohutta unfairly and not have a lair battle. So lame, whoever made that decision should be relieved. It makes for bad tv. 

I'm supposed to be working, so I'll be brief.

The "Palace" gets more insufferable. Brad frets about his friendship with Nehemiah. Brad & Jodi win the rather boss mission. Laterrian & Jasmine are sent to the Arena . . . or they would have if they (*koff*LATERRIAN) didn't have the Lifeshield. Instead, Ayanna & Teck go in their place. Brad and Jodi pick Nehemiah & Melinda, and that shit didn't go over well with Neh,. They get voted in over Casey & Cohutta.

At this point, I should mention that Casey picked up a pregnancy test, and she got a positive result. What does that mean? Well, it allows Teege to go through through his pre-Arena spiel before announcing that Casey is out of the game. And so is Cohutta. No replacements, no second chances . . . he's gone. A tiny part of me thinks TJ only would have done this with Cohutta because any other remaining guy would go apeshit insane. Not Hutty.

Oh, and the "Kings' Palace" is very much alive, its core and associate members (Ayanna and a surface-pleasing Jasmine) still in the game. Also, Nehemiah can now give Brad shit about being thrown in.

Shit, that was not brief, was it? Needless to say, I'm more soured on AS2 than I was before.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 1

Well.  That was bullshit.  We already had a precedent set last week about what happens when half a pair has to go home.  They should have had Teck and Nehemiah compete in the elimination and the partner of the loser would have been Cohutta's new partner.  The only reason they didn't do that is because they wanted to keep the drama in the house.  I wouldn't have minded them sending Cohutta home if that precedent hadn't been set, but it was and this is bullshit.

• Love 8

1) Okay, I need to know what fountain of youth Janelle is drinking from.

2) I don’t understand why they let Cohutta go considering they kept Laterrian last week when Kendal was medically DQed…. but whatever.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, AntFTW said:

1) Okay, I need to know what fountain of youth Janelle is drinking from.

2) I don’t understand why they let Cohutta go considering they kept Laterrian last week when Kendal was medically DQed…. but whatever.

I guess they hadn't formed permanent pairs until after the elimination of the previous episode.

Or they really had no easy way to reconfigure the pairs if just Casey left?

All the drama about Brad throwing in Nehemiah and for nothing.

Oh and it wasn't just POC boosting each other up by calling each other Kings.  It was a in-your-face alliance, defying others to stop them.

They thought they were invincible but the best team going is Jodie and Brad, unless they do something puzzle-heavy.  

That's interesting, you'd think these older, wiser geezers would be more into puzzles but they haven't featured much.

I liked the Daily challenge but it was mostly physical.

I wonder how heavy the control bar during the mission really was.  Could one of the stronger women maneuvered it?  If so, it might have made sense to have the taller person grabbing flags.  I think Ayanna and Teck could have won if they had reversed places.  If MJ had a stronger partner (it looked too heavy for Jonna), he could have used his giant armspan and nabbed them all.

On 12/24/2021 at 3:22 AM, aghst said:

I guess they hadn't formed permanent pairs until after the elimination of the previous episode.

Or they really had no easy way to reconfigure the pairs if just Casey left?

They had already formed the permanent pairing, they went to great lengths to explain that saving one person meant also saving their partner and vice versa for throwing one person in. 

And they'd already set up the structure for reconfiguring the teams. Laterrian was paired with Kendal, Tyler with Jasmine, when Tyler and Kendal left, Laterrian and Jasmine paired up.

So this week, Ayanna should've gotten a pass when Casey was medically DQ'ed, Cohutta should've battled Teck and if Cohutta won, he and Ayanna would be paired up. Which quite honestly, had some serious LOL potential. Ayanna is one of the nuttiest people out there and Cohutta is one of the most rational, even-keeled people out there, I would have loved to see his reaction to her antics.

In terms of fantasy re-pairing, I'd also like to see Ayanna and Laterrian yoked to each other in an intense competition leg, Ayanna's "I slept in my uniform" intensity paired with Mr Oo Rah's every day insanity, that would be off the charts.

I wonder how heavy the control bar during the mission really was.  Could one of the stronger women maneuvered it?  If so, it might have made sense to have the taller person grabbing flags.  I think Ayanna and Teck could have won if they had reversed places.  If MJ had a stronger partner (it looked too heavy for Jonna), he could have used his giant armspan and nabbed them all.

That was my thought too, especially with Teck and Ayanna. Teck has those long gangly limbs and isn't exactly blessed in the upper body strength department, Ayanna could've swung his skinny ass around and his long reach would've helped. Also, he probably wouldn't have screamed bloody murder the whole time. I did laugh at his confessional about Ayanna's screaming, "you know what, never mind, don't even worry about it..." Next week looks like a rough road for him with Ayanna doing her Ayanna thing.

Nehemiah vs Brad...whatever. Brad was 100% right to protect his own game and Nehemiah is full of shit with his "I was never gonna put your name up." If it's Brad or LT or Brad or Teck, Nehemiah would've put up one of his "king's palace" guys over Brad? Please. He's just lucky that he wasn't put in that position so he can posture and pretend he would've done it differently. He wouldn't. 

Also, is there really a period in Nehemiah? The wooden name thing says Nehemia.h but his chyron when he does a talking head doesn't have it. 

Congrats to Casey, but it seems like something you should really check on before coming out to compete, a lot of these challenges are not conducive to pregnancy.

I don't like this season at all.  

The elimination should have continued.  It always has before.   This is bullshit.

I don't remember Nehemiah ever being so obnoxious in the past.

On 12/27/2021 at 1:53 PM, ljenkins782 said:

Congrats to Casey, but it seems like something you should really check on before coming out to compete, a lot of these challenges are not conducive to pregnancy.

From her first season Casey has been a liability to everyone unfortunate enough to have been partnered with her.

Is her fiance Mark Linn Baker?

Edited by millennium
  • LOL 1
9 hours ago, millennium said:

I don't remember Nehemiah ever being so obnoxious in the past.

I don’t remember that either. However, he didn’t get much camera time compared to some of the other personalities of that time.

I do not know why Cohutta had to leave!!!!!   This makes me so angry.   Exactly what an above poster said, why didn't Cohutta at least have a chance to battle it out?   

There have been so many pregnancy storylines on the show the past 2 years.   

For the King's Palace to be so arrogant they sure didn't do well in the daily.  

On 1/1/2022 at 10:42 PM, millennium said:

Is her fiance Mark Linn Baker?

OMG I LOVE THIS.    

• LOL 1