Type keyword(s) to search

Changing POV: Movie vs Show Comparison

• Start Topic

I wonder if the big twist will be that Beth killed Alex, like she did in the movie, and just Dan take the fall for all those years?  Tu that’s too much like Presumed Innocent…

Please Alex, don’t kill the bunny. Or Quincy.

Presumed Innocent was a really good movie!

Regarding if there will be a body and if  series Alex would have killed herself...

I'd heard about the "other ending" for Fatal Attraction that supposedly didn't test well with audiences, but I'd never seen it before. Here it is:

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&tbm=vid&q=Fatal+Attraction+1987+with+alternate+ending&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwje7uKQmIz_AhUtF1kFHRDmDjoQ8ccDegQIBRAJ&biw=1093&bih=502&dpr=1.25#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:3965c384,vid:GY_NQK7rJrY

Personally, I think it's that  2nd to last bit that's unsatisfying

I watched the film recently, and the irony for me is: I think Alex came off much more sympathetic in the film vs the TV series.  Despite the series going out of its way to give Alex a backstory and show her trauma, I didn't have any sympathy for her.  I think they overplayed it in a few ways for me: 

• The mother-in-law's murder and the attempted Beth murder.  The attempted Beth murder felt calculated in a way that movie Alex showing up at the house near the end did not.  My impression was that movie Alex expected Beth not to be home and she was likely went there to kill Dan.   
  • Having TV Alex in therapy showed at least some self-awareness of her issues. She ultimately didn't give a damn.
  • It was a mistake showing the relationship with the Legal Aid guy. I *think* I understand what they were trying to explain regarding her mental illness.  But mostly I felt less sorry for her because she had the opportunity at a half-decent relationship but was more worried about being exposed.   

One thing I wondered about in the series vs film: movie Alex knew Dan was married.  I thought TV Alex knew it as well, but that's not what she tells her dad at first.  I couldn't tell if she was lying, or if she really didn't know. 

• Like 2

One thing I wondered about in the series vs film: movie Alex knew Dan was married.  I thought TV Alex knew it as well, but that's not what she tells her dad at first.  I couldn't tell if she was lying, or if she really didn't know. 

I assumed she knew. He wore a wedding ring. Everyone at the office knew him and about his powerful judge father so I figured he was well-known enough that people generally knew he was married. I think she lied to her father.

• Like 1

I really think they dropped the ball on Alex. They could have left it more ambiguous about Beth’s mom’s death. It might have been more interesting if Dan just jumped to that conclusion only to later find out that Alex had nothing to do with it. That would have given more weight to Dan’s/Alex’s associates side-eyeing him for blaming Alex for everything instead of taking accountability.

• Like 4

Movie vs. Show:  The movie was a twisty, tense, nail-biting, on the edge of your seat thriller.  I haven't seen in it 20 years but can still remember the intensity of it.  This show?  An absolute slog that felt like a chore with each passing episode.  Season two of more of this drudgery?  No thanks. 

• Like 1