Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E10: Week 10

JenE4
  • Start Topic

On 12/21/2021 at 10:46 PM, Lamb18 said:

Seeing this montages makes me realize that if I'd been working at my workplace this summer, I could have looked out the window and watch them shooting the Stone Arch bridge scenes.

I like the montage -- we saw a lot of "small moments" between Nayte and Michelle that never aired. They really were playful together, and Nayte always was into Michelle. The edits made Nayte seem too smooth and aloof. 

And I like that Nayte is a little awkward when he answers questions about his feelings. It makes him seem more sincere. I wish these two kids the best. 

I'm also overjoyed that my local station keeps playing the Marshall's/TJ Maxx commercial with Angel!

ETA: Brandon was more mature on ATR than he was during the entire season. I guess that heartbreak put some hairs on his chest. He does seem like a great guy who will make the right person really happy one day. 

Edited by topanga
  • Love 6

With those eyebrows so close to her eyes, Michelle's face looks oddly compacted and kind of squat, somehow.  Hope she gives them a miss after the show. 

Was the $200,000 payment for acting so in love and enthralled with each other?  These relationships begin to implode the minute they walk off together into the sunset.  They'll have parted ways by the time the next Bachelorette season airs---- unless TPTB mercifully  pull the plug on this dying show. Fingers crossed. 

I found Kaitlyn too distracting as a host.  I find myself mesmerized by her face and all the work she has had done, with the show taking a back seat to her appearance.

Watching those 2 ninnies run screaming down the beach and crash the engagement was just too much.  Come back, Chris; you're needed here.

Edited by rebel2u
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, rebel2u said:

With those eyebrows so close to her eyes, Michelle's face looks oddly compacted and kind of squat, somehow.  Hope she gives them a miss after the show. 

Was the $200,000 payment for acting so in love and enthralled with each other?  These relationships begin to implode the minute they walk off together into the sunset.  They'll have parted ways by the time the next Bachelorette season airs---- unless TPTB mercifully  pull the plug on this dying show. Fingers crossed. 

I found Kaitlyn too distracting as a host.  I find myself mesmerized by her face and all the work she has had done, with the show taking a back seat to her appearance.

Watching those 2 ninnies run screaming down the beach and crash the engagement was just too much.  Come back, Chris; you're needed here.

was anyone else distracted by Becca and whatever his name is making out in the background? Who does that on live tv?? and the audience maskless at first and then masked?? I still miss Chris Harrison and I do think a single host is best for any season, the 2 women were unnecessary, and why the bachelor has one host and the bachlorette has 2 is beyond me. 

• Love 9
41 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

was anyone else distracted by Becca and whatever his name is making out in the background? Who does that on live tv?? and the audience maskless at first and then masked?? I still miss Chris Harrison and I do think a single host is best for any season, the 2 women were unnecessary, and why the bachelor has one host and the bachlorette has 2 is beyond me. 

I thought that was Joe and Serena making out - due to Santa holding mistletoe over them. I thought the Santa was totally unnecessary, but whatever.

The mask thing was really baffling. Something happened or was said during a commercial that we didn't see. Maybe in light of Taysia not being there because of exposure to Covid, they thought it prudent to don masks. All the masks were identical so the producers must have provided them. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

so I must be in the minority.....and I am old fashioned--but seriously--Michelle KNEW that she was picking Nayte-so why keep playing kissy face with brandon and leading him on. I still remember when Ali sent chris home early to not put him in that situation.

Michelle said that she knew fr9m the beginning Nayte was her guy but she was worried that she was just fixed on him because he was first and determined to give the other guys a chance.   (In other words, not like Claire and Dale imo)

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/bachelorettes-michelle-young-nayte-olukoya-reveal-wedding-plans/

Edited by DEL901
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, deSchenke said:

I thought that was Joe and Serena making out - due to Santa holding mistletoe over them. I thought the Santa was totally unnecessary, but whatever.

The mask thing was really baffling. Something happened or was said during a commercial that we didn't see. Maybe in light of Taysia not being there because of exposure to Covid, they thought it prudent to don masks. All the masks were identical so the producers must have provided them. 

Bachelor Nation furiously tweeted about the lack of masks and the producers responded.   

• Love 9
44 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Fact.  People or US, I forget which, specifically stated this.  

Kaitlyn also said something about it when they came back from a break suddenly all wearing masks—something like we heard you on Twitter and you’re right that we should be safer and so the audience all has masks on now.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

I still miss Chris Harrison and I do think a single host is best for any season, the 2 women were unnecessary, and why the bachelor has one host and the bachlorette has 2 is beyond me. 

I agree with everything except missing Chris Harrison.  Eventually it became The All About Chris Harrison Show ... host, mentor, father confessor, buddy, and more.  It was time to go.

• Love 12
5 hours ago, rebel2u said:

I completely agree on all fronts!  The eyebrows looked very harsh and drawn on and really masculinized Michelle's features- she has a strong jaw and bone structure and needs soft and feathery, full eyebrows to complement that.  I felt that the 200k was very excessive, especially since these relationships rarely last once they're out of the limelight.  Kaitlyn's face is way too overworked- she kind of looks like the Geico commercial lizard at this point.  I couldn't stand the childlike, ecstatic screaming of Tayshia and Kaitlyn: color me jaded, but this couple has known each other for a month and has probably been on about 7 dates (mostly group ones)- an engagement in this series is more like junior high schoolers agreeing to go steady.   I miss Chris Harrison too: he brought a calming nature to the show and was someone for the lead to confide in without Chris influencing their choices. 

• Love 11

I noticed that Kaitlyn very specifically said that the money was for a down payment on a house. Maybe the check was just for show and the producers aren't going to release it until they actually purchase a house? That makes more sense to me than just handing them some money and blindly trusting that they're going to a) actually last, and b) use it for a house. But  @Refresh raised a good point that maybe the show just needed to spend their budget by the end of the year so they get the same (or more) allocated to them next year.

I've spent far more time thinking about why this gift than almost anything else that happened this season. 😄

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

why the bachelor has one host and the bachlorette has 2 is beyond me. 

My guess…neither Kaitlyn nor Tayshia have hosting experience and with two of them they would be able to prop each other up.  Jesse, love him or hate him, has plenty of hosting experience.  

• Love 7

I just finished the After the Final Rose episode and those tweets about Clayton were so brutal!!!  He's a conventionally good-looking guy.  Clayton is not my physical type as I prefer unconventional, more complex "weird hot" looks in a guy, but I'd never call him Shrek like one of the tweets Kaitlyn read to him.  The whole mean tweet reading was really sadistic, and I doubt they'd ever pull that with a Bachelorette being introduced for their upcoming season. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

OH, YEAH !!!   image.thumb.png.32404fb68c44a43d62c015f0e4dddea2.png

9 minutes ago, Alexander Pope said:

I don't watch this show, but I happened to catch it the other night and Jesse knows what he is doing! I think he will do a good job.  

i watch it and I think he has a nice relaxed style.  

• Love 4

I think both Kaitlyn and Tayshia did a good job and Kaitlyn did particularly well taking over solo after Tayshia couldn't appear. I enjoyed watching them celebrate with Michelle and Nayte on the beach and I'm sure Michelle and Nayte loved having friends to share their joy. They certainly looked happy and madly in love.

I like them as a couple. They have a sincere vibe about them - that they intensely cared about each other and weren't just putting on an acting show. I noticed their attraction to each other and all their subtle looking and touching each other right from the very first show.

People.com has a number of articles and videos of the two of them and from watching them I think most will be able to see the connection the two of them have and how smart they are about life and what makes relationships work. These two will make it, I'm sure. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiopKyWwvv0AhUTKH0KHUZ6ATcQvOMEKAB6BAgJEAE&url=https%3A%2F%2Fpeople.com%2Ftv%2Fbachelorette-michelle-young-accepts-proposal-from-the-man-her-mom-felt-wasnt-100-percent-in%2F&usg=AOvVaw2U6LWcEay5oW9t0qa0qw8y

• Love 6
19 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Michelle said that she knew fr9m the beginning Nayte was her guy but she was worried that she was just fixed on him because he was first and determined to give the other guys a chance.   (In other words, not like Claire and Dale imo)

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/bachelorettes-michelle-young-nayte-olukoya-reveal-wedding-plans/

Yes that i understood but the day before she was still sharing deep kisses and declarations of love with brandon, i think at that point it was time to back away. I was afraid she was actually going to him propose at the rate things were going . I get not wanting to fixate on someone but still feel its a bit selfish.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

Yes that i understood but the day before she was still sharing deep kisses and declarations of love with brandon, i think at that point it was time to back away. I was afraid she was actually going to him propose at the rate things were going . I get not wanting to fixate on someone but still feel its a bit selfish.

Deep kisses and MORE, aka Fantasy Suite.  I don't watch CLOSELY, but I assume they did the deed.  I assume she did THREE dudes...er-r-r-r deeds.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I don’t care as much about the fantasy suite as Michelle telling Brandon she was in love with him. If it was always Nayte, maybe don’t profess love to someone else. Plenty of leads didn’t use the love word at all until the very end. I liked Brandon and felt bad for him.

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

I don’t care as much about the fantasy suite as Michelle telling Brandon she was in love with him

I think Brandon cares about both.  A LOT!  He probably thought she turned down the suites for the other two guys...that's how much he lived in Fantasy.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Deep kisses and MORE, aka Fantasy Suite.  I don't watch CLOSELY, but I assume they did the deed.  I assume she did THREE dudes...er-r-r-r deeds.

I had the feeling she definitely slept with Joe and Nayte, but not Brandon.  He was the only one who still had his shirt on in the a.m. and then they had a very unsexy food fight.  But I could certainly be wrong!

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Alexander Pope said:

I had the feeling she definitely slept with Joe and Nayte, but not Brandon.  He was the only one who still had his shirt on in the a.m. and then they had a very unsexy food fight.  But I could certainly be wrong!

Thanks!  I do a lot of fast-forwarding on "Fantasy Night."   If Brandon did NOT perform, he'll be second-guessing himself for a long time...or until he signs a Bachelor in Paradise contract.

• Love 3
On 12/24/2021 at 11:40 AM, Madding crowd said:

But how is it a fantasy when Michelle told him she fell in love with him? How was he to know she didn’t mean it and also said it to someone else? 

It was disingenuous of Michelle (she wanted Nayte from the beginning*), so Nate was in a fantasy he didn't create.  *How often is she going to meet someone TALLER than she (I don't mean by an inch or two)?

• Love 3
12 hours ago, SallyAlbright said:

This interview made me laugh, Nayte is funny. He had never seen the show at all before, so thought that since they had him pick the ring and put on the suit that he must be the final choice. Explains why he looked so confident going to propose! 

That was adorable! We like to do random science experiments. I’m rooting for these two!

• Love 2
On 12/23/2021 at 5:50 PM, DEL901 said:

My guess…neither Kaitlyn nor Tayshia have hosting experience and with two of them they would be able to prop each other up.  Jesse, love him or hate him, has plenty of hosting experience.  

I'm also guessing these 2 fame  uh--chasers (chasers not being the first word that comes to mind but let's go with it)  are a lot cheaper than was Chris's contract,

But the saying "you get what you pay for" comes to mind.  

When Michelle and Nayte ultimately break up, Nayte should try his luck with Tayshia.  Or maybe Caila, though if memory serves she may already be married.

(Contestants with weird spelling of their first name unite!)

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 12/21/2021 at 10:23 PM, JenE4 said:

Oops! I guess this is live! The “fucking” made it through and whatever Brandon said after that was silenced. I always thought this show was fake live.

I didn't see it live, and saw it on replay, so I had no idea what was going on when some of Brandon's dialog was silenced, and then Kaitlyn said something about being on live TV.  So I'm glad to know what that was about!

On 12/21/2021 at 9:49 PM, AuntieDiane6 said:

Whoever decided to have the proposals with the crashing waves needs to be fired.  At least mike them better!  

This was truly baffling.  I'm certain there is technology they could have used to lessen the sound of the waves, or at the very least, put freaking captions!  Seriously, this was the big moment...why didn't they have captions?

On 12/22/2021 at 12:06 PM, Alexander Pope said:

She was warmer too and more likeable and authentic than I've ever seen her.  I give her an A for her performance last night.

The best I can give her is a C, because she unintentionally gave a spoiler during the broadcast.  She said something like, "Coming up later is the most emotional, heart-breaking break-up I've ever seen."  Well, of course that meant Brandon, and even though we all suspected Brandon would be let go, her spoiler legit ruined the suspense for me.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

She said something like, "Coming up later is the most emotional, heart-breaking break-up I've ever seen."  Well, of course that meant Brandon, and even though we all suspected Brandon would be let go, her spoiler legit ruined the suspense for me.

Why did you assume it must have meant Brandon? I'm sure if she had dumped Nayte it would have been awfully emotional too - in fact, it might actually have been the most dramatic rose ceremony ever!

• Love 3
On 12/23/2021 at 7:11 PM, Back Atcha said:

OH, YEAH !!!   image.thumb.png.32404fb68c44a43d62c015f0e4dddea2.png

Wait, what?  That's the host? He looks exactly like Clayton.

On 12/26/2021 at 10:22 PM, LuvMyShows said:

The best I can give her is a C, because she unintentionally gave a spoiler during the broadcast.  She said something like, "Coming up later is the most emotional, heart-breaking break-up I've ever seen."  Well, of course that meant Brandon, and even though we all suspected Brandon would be let go, her spoiler legit ruined the suspense for me.

I really hated that.  I think she did that intentionally.  Chris always did stuff like that too, so I actually think that  it's part of the script.  It drives me crazy and I'm so mad at myself when I forget to fast forward their stupid little speeches before the segments.  WHO NEEDS THOSE INTRODUCTIONS?!??!?!?!?! 

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Wait, what?  That's the host? He looks exactly like Clayton.

Right?? They could be brothers.

I noticed that Kaitlyn very specifically said that the money was for a down payment on a house. Maybe the check was just for show and the producers aren't going to release it until they actually purchase a house? That makes more sense to me than just handing them some money and blindly trusting that they're going to a) actually last, and b) use it for a house. But  @REFRESH raised a good point that maybe the show just needed to spend their budget by the end of the year so they get the same (or more) allocated to them next year.

I've spent far more time thinking about why this gift than almost anything else that happened this season.

I'm very curious about the gift too, is this going to be a regular thing or did Michelle and Nayte luck out? The show probably HAS saved a fortune over the last 4 seasons, what with the crappy, homebound dates while they had to quarantine in a single location. 

I'm glad to see Michelle and Nayte look happy and that they both actually do have personalities in real life. I had high hopes for Michelle, but she leaned a little further into the Bachelor cliches than I thought she would. She's tall, so I'd hoped we'd finally get a break from the Bachelor handshake greetings, but she awkwardly did them. And I guess they all have to do the dumb shit that we see every season, like the long pauses and thousand yard stares at the rose ceremonies. 

I was also a little surprised at how much she led Brandon on at the end. It looked like she thought Nayte might be getting cold feet so she threw it all in on Brandon, only to take it all back when Nayte came through. Oh well, I'm sure he's drowning in women now, as long as he doesn't go on BiP and ruin all his goodwill (as his similarly named predessor, Brendan, did), he'll have a list of women a mile long.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4