Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: The Cook, the Thief, Her Ghost and His Lover

• Start Topic

It was sweet of Emily to try to help out Alfie in french class 🥺.  And the scene where they finally made love was very well-done, it was so cute how he wanted to see her again the next morning. I really like how the series slowly built up their relationship and the ghosting storyline was executed well too, I didn't expect that.

It's good that the show touched on a fact that was neglected pretty much since the pilot episode of this entire show. That Emily's original company bought Savoir, this french branch where Emily now works, so the power dynamics with Sylvie should have played out differently if Emily were more willing to stand up for herself and lay down the law when Sylvie was being difficult.

• Love 4

If the universe is listening ... if Alfie could be a real person and say "cheers, love" to me and take me home ... I would be ok with that.  😁   But seriously, the Alfie and Em scenes were cute and hot and this was a really good episode.  

All it took to get Alfie to open up and show his personality ... was a giant to-go cup of beer.  Now can we please get Gabriel drunk until he develops a personality, show?

Madeline pulling rank on Sylvie ... heh heh.  Welcome to the wonderful world of American corporate passive-aggression, Sylvie!  I can't say you didn't have this coming -- it's a marketing firm, you can't just be an asshole to profitable clients you happen to dislike.

As for the fashions ... hot weather means Emily can't layer up with a bazillion conflicting patterns, so that's nice!  But as a Chicago girl, she should know how to dress for hot summer weather, and fussy, probably dry-clean-only blouses aren't it.  I liked Julien's lavender suit.  I died laughing at Madeline's ridiculous sequin hoodie thing -- even for a character working from home and hugely pregnant, wardrobe is psycho.  

• Love 2

Alfie needs to run from Emily. She sent 40 texts and a bunch of voicemails in about 10 hours while he was probably at work. That's not cute, that's insane.

I do agree he's better than Gabriel, but that's a very low bar.

I don't know why but when Emily/Lily has her hair pulled back/up, she seems to de-age by about 10 years.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, SlovakPrincess said:

As for the fashions ... hot weather means Emily can't layer up with a bazillion conflicting patterns, so that's nice!  But as a Chicago girl, she should know how to dress for hot summer weather, and fussy, probably dry-clean-only blouses aren't it.  I liked Julien's lavender suit.  I died laughing at Madeline's ridiculous sequin hoodie thing -- even for a character working from home and hugely pregnant, wardrobe is psycho.  

I'm enjoying your consistent commentary about the fashion in the show 🤠. I don't have the eye for it that you do, but I think Julien looks consistently really amazing this season. Like they are putting him in such nice outfits, he is the only character where what he wears reaches my awareness and most of the time I really like what I am seeing. In one episode he wears this white blazer with the blue flower-like patterns on the side and it looked so nice. 💝

On 12/24/2021 at 2:49 PM, Harvey said:

I'm enjoying your consistent commentary about the fashion in the show 🤠. I don't have the eye for it that you do, but I think Julien looks consistently really amazing this season. Like they are putting him in such nice outfits, he is the only character where what he wears reaches my awareness and most of the time I really like what I am seeing. In one episode he wears this white blazer with the blue flower-like patterns on the side and it looked so nice. 💝

Aw, thank you!  I have to agree - Julien is consistently the best dressed character!

• Love 2

I still think Alfie is still a bit of an ass, but at least he has a personality, which is a lot better then Gabriel. He and Emily do have chemistry and their hook up was quite cute, plus he isn't dating any of Emily's friends, so he is already a better fit for Emily.   

I am glad that they finally touched on the shows basic premise, that Emily's American company had bought this French company and the culture clash, with Sylvie being disgusted at having to represent a Pelleton stand in. Sylvie cant just not work with a popular brand because she dislikes them when you have corporate masters to answer to. 

Mindy lying to her new boyfriend about her background is understandable, but is obviously not going to end well. 

I know this show's fashion is wild, which even the show has made fun of, but Madeline's work from home outfit was...wow.  

• Love 1

Ironic that Peleton didn’t give permission for this show to use it, when it was actually positive, compared to a couple of negative “Peleton will kill you” uses in other shows. Sylvia loved it so much she stole it for herself. 

On 1/5/2022 at 11:30 AM, tennisgurl said:

I am glad that they finally touched on the shows basic premise, that Emily's American company had bought this French company and the culture clash, with Sylvie being disgusted at having to represent a Pelleton stand in. Sylvie cant just not work with a popular brand because she dislikes them when you have corporate masters to answer to. 

yes, but it doesn't seem like the american company understands that the french don't necessarily like the same things americans do.  sure, the peletech might work in paris (where there are a decent number of americans), maybe, but i'm not sure it would sell in the rest of france.