Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Voulez-Vous Coucher Avec Moi?

• Start Topic

Wardrobe was out of control this episode.  The only things I liked were Julien's outfits, Emily's coat for the train, Emily's green skirt with belt (but NOT with that hideous, clashing shirt -- yikes!!), and Sylvie's purple-pink coat during the lunch scene.  Does wardrobe have it out for the Camille actress?  That way-too-big white jacket and then the side-and-under-boob dress .... [shudders].

Julien's idea for the luggage campaign was so much better, he just needed far more interesting artwork to go with his tagline.  I felt bad for him. 

Matthieu literally jumping off a (slowly) moving train and leaving Emily en route to St. Tropez was kinda great.   Actually, this is one of the better episodes of the series -- actually some real dilemmas for old Emily, not just a quirky misunderstanding that quickly gets resolved.  Julien being mad at Emily for (accidentally) stealing his account, Matthieu the almost-boyfriend and client being pissed at her, the reminder that Sylvie still doesn't know Antoine gave Emily the lingerie ... actually more interesting conflicts than the Gabriel stuff.  

Antoine gives Gabriel an absolutely smoldering look at the end of the episode, which I don't think was the show's intent.   But that was the sexiest Antoine has been so far.   Oops!  LOL.

• Love 3

Emily is not a likable character for me but the show is likable. Not sure how that works, but it does. At least one episode in to season 2. 

12 hours ago, deaja said:

Emily is not a likable character for me but the show is likable

I agree with you.  For me it's like how I found Carrie Bradshaw so annoying but loved SATC.

This show is easy to watch.  I don't have to overthink it and it has great clothes and great scenery.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ifionlyknew said:

I agree with you.  For me it's like how I found Carrie Bradshaw so annoying but loved SATC.

This show is easy to watch.  I don't have to overthink it and it has great clothes and great scenery.  

It's like a nap for the brain.  With pretty colors and scenery.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 12/22/2021 at 8:10 PM, deaja said:

Emily is not a likable character for me but the show is likable. Not sure how that works, but it does. At least one episode in to season 2. 

Weirdly that is exactly how I feel as well. Emily is a really annoying main character, but I generally do like the world around her. The first season wasn't all that great, mostly because of its aforementioned annoying main character, but its like a chocolate cookie. Its not great for you, but its light and sweet and sometimes its just what you need. 

This episode actually was better then most of last season, all of the conflicts felt like actual conflicts and not quaint misunderstandings, and I loved Sylvie's amusement over Emily's predicament. Sleeping with her friends sexy estranged boyfriend, how very French of her!

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

What preoccupied me during the first show was Lily Collins' new boobs.  She needed a better surgeon:  they looked like two mountains separated by one wide river. But at least they're an appropriate cup size.  

No possibility that it's just a good push-up bra?🧐

• Like 1
11 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

No possibility that it's just a good push-up bra?🧐

No way. I was going to joke about there being 2 new cast members this season but since nobody brought it up before now I didn't say anything.

• Love 1

She still looks the same small size in other outfits, so I’m thinking it’s different bras. 

When she's in St. Tropez, you can see the wide separation between them, especially since her ribs are showing.  She's leaning over on an elbow, but the boobs aren't leaning.  At all.