Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, tranquilidade said:

Heather really came off as a psycho the way she handled the entire conflict and she played right into Shannon's hands becoming the villian and making Shannon appear sympathetic.  Had she shown a little restraint, things would have been different and Shannon might have come  off as the mean girl instead.  Heather failed big time bringing out the nuclear war heads way too soon.  I do think Shannon found the whole thing funny and I don't think she likes Heather either but now that doesn't matter any more since she took such a beating.  Shannon poked Heather and Heather exploded.

Shutting down a party and kicking everyone out before they eat is disgraceful.  What kind of hostess does this?    Most of the guests had nothing to do with the idle gossip that  damaged NO ONE.   Shannon did NOTHING to harm Heather's family,  and the story was true and harmless.  The  sit down showed Heather cannnot accept an apology and she is not gracious.  She wants a feud with Shannon and she is going to have it.   

Terry's face when Heather read her text showed he was  horrified with what she said even though  he did not  criticize her.  He knew it was over the top nasty vitriole.   I don't think Terry wanted Heather to create so much drama and he knows it made her look bad.

I think Terry wants the drama because he wants money.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

Whatever the case, if college was that big of a deal to Shannon, why wouldn't she explicitly negotiate that ahead of time?  it's not like her kids were infants and college was a long way off.

Seriously, why would she need to negotiate that?  Isn't David their father? Is he a deadbeat Dad?  But, yeah, pay for their school.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, albarino said:

Seriously, why would she need to negotiate that?  Isn't David their father? Is he a deadbeat Dad?  But, yeah, pay for their school.

Exactly. Why SHOULD Shannon have to negotiate that? (I mean, I do understand that is often a part of negotiated divorce settlements). But still, why is it being framed as "if it was so important to Shannon, she should have negotiated it" as opposed to "if his kids are important to him, David should be willing to put something towards their education"?

College payments aren't some sort of reward for Shannon - they are a way for a parent to take care of the needs of his children.  If David is unwilling to pay for his kids to go to school, that's on him (and says nothing good about him as a father), and not on Shannon. 

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • Love 14
8 minutes ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

I’m sooooooo cross with Shannon….. she should have just laughed in Heather’s face. Can you imagine how that would have completely de-railed Heather’s carefully crafted outrage!

Is Shannon afraid that Heather has the power to get her fired from RHOC ?

Shannon needs to stay on the show to support her lifestyle.

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Exactly. Why SHOULD Shannon have to negotiate that? (I mean, I do understand that is often a part of negotiated divorce settlements). But still, why is it being framed as "if it was so important to Shannon, she should have negotiated it" as opposed to "if his kids are important to him, David should be willing to put something towards their education"?

College payments aren't some sort of reward for Shannon - they are a way for a parent to take care of the needs of his children.  If David is unwilling to pay for his kids to go to school, that's on him (and says nothing good about him as a father), and not on Shannon. 

In Ontario, Canada, you can add a clause to your separation agreement to ensure that a child's college education is paid for by a spouse.

I am surprised that Shannon's lawyers didn't negotiate the children's education into their divorce agreement.

• Love 4

On 12/25/2021 at 9:46 AM, Sweet-tea said:

She needs some new material, because “it’s not a threat, it’s a promise” has been done to death in countless bad movies. It’s such a cliche I was reciting it as it came out of Heather’s mouth. 

Haha,  that's all I remember about the seventh grade.  The teacher was saying that constantly. 

• LOL 6
31 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

I do think that was probably what Heather meant.

Yikes ! I suppose the producers had to give Heather extra power in order to get her to come back to the show.

Ratings will fall if the show becomes the Heather Dubrow bully hour.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
On 12/23/2021 at 7:44 PM, 65mickey said:

I find it extremely hard to believe that all Shannon got in the divorce was $1.4 million.  I also don't understand why the divorce settlement didn't ask for David to pay for 1/2 of the girl's college expenses. I don't believe this. Shannon has already blown through a lot of money on her Real for Real TV dinners and lemon tincture. If after 19 years of marriage all she came away with from David was $1.4 million she had terrible legal representation. But I really think she is exaggerating her meager 

Not enough for Shannon’s way of living.  She came fro money and doesn’t know what it means to struggle.  I think David will come thru for his girls in the end.

Edited by kristen111
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Stats Queen said:

I do think that was probably what Heather meant.

Who died and made Heather Boss?  She comes back and preaches to everyone. That stupid husband of hers is a wimp too.  Can’t stand both of them.  They never have enough.

• Love 10
41 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Not enough for Shannon’s way of living.  She came fro money and doesn’t know what it means to struggle.  I think David will come thru for his girls in the end.

Why? Because he's shown himself to be such a stand up guy?

Shannon has her issues, there is no doubt. I am not even a fan of hers - I find her overly fragile and controlling. But David has given no indication that he is such a great guy and right now, it doesn't look like he has any interesting in "coming through" for his girls. Instead, it looks like he's focused on his "new family." And his flaws are not because of Shannon's behavior, it's because of his own flaws. 

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Why? Because he's shown himself to be such a stand up guy?

Shannon has her issues, there is no doubt. I am not even a fan of hers - I find her overly fragile and controlling. But David has given no indication that he is such a great guy and right now, it doesn't look like he has any interesting in "coming through" for his girls. Instead, it looks like he's focused on his "new family." And his flaws are not because of Shannon's behavior, it's because of his own flaws. 

I don’t know much about David, except that she had everything she needed and wanted.  A beautiful home, and all her expensive quirks.  I did see a wife tho that wasn’t into sex with her husband, and did not cater to him at all after a hard day at work.  He met someone that gave him what he needed and married her.  If anyone had flaws, it was Shannon.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, albarino said:

In her talking head, she mentions things they didn't "negotiate" as if she were surprised about college.   Divorces often negotiate college expenses.  

I truly think Shannon was more worried about the dollar amount number and didn't take into account real life expenses, especially when you run to the quack Dr. all the time. 

I also would not be surprised if she's poor mouthing and David has paid $$ towards tuition.  If they both agreed to pay and she's on the hook for the full amount, yes, that's pretty shitty of David.  I'm just not sure that I believe her.

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

As you said, college is often negotiated through divorces. 

Maybe he is that parent that thinks a kid should pay their own way for college -- that maybe they'll work harder in school b/c they are on the hook and Shannon disagrees and is paying. 

I don't think parents who feel like adult children should pay their way through school are the devil.   There are reasons for me to dislike him and I do, but that's isn't necessarily one of them.  

I know people that pissed away the parent-paid tuition, flunked out of school.  Then when school became important to them, they financed their own educations and graduated. 

Shannon loves to poor mouth, so I take everything she says with a grain of salt.

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 3
On 12/23/2021 at 11:42 PM, oakville said:

agree. I would have to re watch the older seasons, but I don't recall David having a bad relationship with his three daughters . I believe he would support them getting a college degree.

I blame Shannon and her attorney. Why would she agree to the settlement if it wasn't in the agreement that he way cover their tuition costs?  She should have held his feet to the fire on that and made her attorney go to bat for her. I have a feeling there was more to the settlement than we know. Maybe he agreed to a lump sum for the girls college and Shannon blew it on her Lemonade company. Something's fishy about what she is saying. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, kristen111 said:

I don’t know much about David, except that she had everything she needed and wanted.  A beautiful home, and all her expensive quirks.  I did see a wife tho that wasn’t into sex with her husband, and did not cater to him at all after a hard day at work.  He met someone that gave him what he needed and married her.  If anyone had flaws, it was Shannon.

So because Shannon did not "cater" to David, he should be able to ignore his kids?

I saw a guy who cheated on his wife while she was on a national tv show and now I see a guy who is apparently ignoring his children because he is getting what he "needs" from someone else. Not exactly husband or father of the year material.

As I've stated, I don't particularly like Shannon. But the fact that she is flawed, which I made clear I believe she is, doesn't excuse him of his own character deficiencies. And their bad marriage has absolutely zero to do with the way he functions as a parent. That's ENTIRELY on him. 

1 hour ago, Boo Boo said:

As you said, college is often negotiated through divorces. 

Maybe he is that parent that thinks a kid should pay their own way for college -- that maybe they'll work harder in school b/c they are on the hook and Shannon disagrees and is paying. 

I don't think parents who feel like adult children should pay their way through school are the devil.   There are reasons for me to dislike him and I do, but that's isn't necessarily one of them.  

I know people that pissed away the parent-paid tuition, flunked out of school.  Then when school became important to them, they financed their own educations and graduated. 

Shannon loves to poor mouth, so I take everything she says with a grain of salt.

I take what Shannon says with a grain of salt, too, but I don't see David rushing to the media to counteract her statements. And I don't see her daughters, who are surely aware of who is paying what, contradicting what Shannon said either.

I think Shannon should have negotiated the college payments because that is how things are done. But that's a legal argument. A moral argument is that David shouldn't have to be legally compelled to pay for his kids' college educations. I see zero reason to give David the benefit of the doubt that he's not paying because of some principled stance - as stated above, David showed himself more than once to not be a stand up guy in most any sense. 

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • Love 16
4 hours ago, oakville said:

Ratings will fall if the show becomes the Heather Dubrow bully hour.

I think that's basically what it is now.   And between her bullying and  Shannon's groveling I am finding it tough to keep watching this shitshow. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Shannon wouldn't let David eat chips when he came home from work, but that isn't a good reason to have an affair.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

So because Shannon did not "cater" to David, he should be able to ignore his kids?

I saw a guy who cheated on his wife while she was on a national tv show and now I see a guy who is apparently ignoring his children because he is getting what he "needs" from someone else. Not exactly husband or father of the year material.

As I've stated, I don't particularly like Shannon. But the fact that she is flawed, which I made clear I believe she is, doesn't excuse him of his own character deficiencies. And their bad marriage has absolutely zero to do with the way he functions as a parent. That's ENTIRELY on him. 

I take what Shannon says with a grain of salt, too, but I don't see David rushing to the media to counteract her statements. And I don't see her daughters, who are surely aware of who is paying what, contradicting what Shannon said either.

I think Shannon should have negotiated the college payments because that is how things are done. But that's a legal argument. A moral argument is that David shouldn't have to be legally compelled to pay for his kids' college educations. I see zero reason to give David the benefit of the doubt that he's not paying because of some principled stance - as stated above, David showed himself more than once to not be a stand up guy in most any sense. 

Totally agree.  

That said, I did notice a key thing Shannon said --  "I have to pay for Sophie's college right now.  Then I have twins who will be in college...that can add up IF I'm responsible for that too."

So I'm guessing they are currently in discussions on how to work out the college payments.

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I blame Shannon and her attorney. Why would she agree to the settlement if it wasn't in the agreement that he way cover their tuition costs?  She should have held his feet to the fire on that and made her attorney go to bat for her.

This is where I scratch my head.  Why would Shannon have to negotiate their kids' college tuition?  These aren't HER kids, they are their kids. Figure out how to pay for college, you morons.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
19 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

Dr. jen reminds me a little bit of actress Cara Buono who played Dr. Faye o Mad Men.

ct-1540942891-utj5zybygi-snap-image

I was always bummed Don didn't end up with her and picked Megan instead

• Love 7
On 12/23/2021 at 9:48 AM, oakville said:

It was interesting seeing Stella working for her mom's lemonade business. She said her mom can be over bearing.

Stella looks like a young Alexis Bellino.

During the early years of the OC, the children of the Housewives would get together at events . Kara "tres chic" Keough would provide advice to Vicki's daughter. Shannon's daughters could scrap with Heather's kids.

Stella got a nose job or something. She looks very different and not in a good way

• Useful 3

When Noelle was sitting with her mom, sans a lot of makeup, she looked so much prettier than when she’s way overly made up.  She looks 10 years older with the face spackle.  When she came to the restaurant to see creepy Nicole, her boobs looked way off, way too low.  

Emily has always been delusional about her size. Just about everything she wears is two sizes too small.  Plus, if she gets any more filler, she won’t be able to open her eyes.  As it is, her eyes are two slits. 

Someone needs to tell Heather that Dom champagne isn’t all that.  IMHO, it’s swill compared to Ace of Spades or Cristal.  Ace can run $600 and more and Cristal starts at $350 a bottle. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
On 12/27/2021 at 8:00 PM, albarino said:

This is where I scratch my head.  Why would Shannon have to negotiate their kids' college tuition?  These aren't HER kids, they are their kids. Figure out how to pay for college, you morons

Because if you are divorcing an asshole it's best to get it all ironed out and in writing before the papers are signed. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
On 12/23/2021 at 12:22 PM, BrownBear2012 said:

Yes! That black dress that Emily squeezed herself into was a disaster...did she not turn herself around to see what her backside looked like when she was checking herself out in the mirror? Good grief...that was just hideous.

I LOL'd when the hostess at the restaurant complimented Emily on her dress as the camera shot shows Emily from the back.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
On 12/23/2021 at 12:30 PM, BrownBear2012 said:

Heather's threatening comment to Shannon was just that...a threat. No matter what she said after making the threat...it was a threat. Heather is just a bully...plain and simple. She looked awful at that party by the way...and her contorted face when she was punching down on Shannon just added to the ugliness of her persona. Frankly, I don't see what the big deal was about Shannon telling the two wenches (Emily and Gina) about the malpractice lawsuit. It never went to court and I don't believe for a moment that Heather didn't know who Nicole was and put two and two together years ago. More manufactured bullshit from the producers of this mess. Honestly, Heather is just a nasty  meanspirited hag.

Yes, exactly.  Heather was a bully to Shannon the first time around when she tried to gaslight her and when she tried to have Terry call for a psych eval for Shannon.  She (and the Bravo PTB) are up to no good again and are trying to have all of the women, except for Noella, gang up on Shannon.  What can Heather sue Shannon for?  What did Shannon say about Nicole suing Terry that was not true?  Even if the suit was dropped, that does not make it untrue.

• Love 15
On 12/27/2021 at 11:58 AM, kristen111 said:

😳

• Love 3
On 12/27/2021 at 3:47 PM, Boo Boo said:

Dr. jen reminds me a little bit of actress Cara Buono who played Dr. Faye o Mad Men.

ct-1540942891-utj5zybygi-snap-image

And Emily reminds me of Ana Gasteyer, who is currently in "American Auto"

image.png.91a6fbc935f2dc105641a1f7abdabdb7.png

image.png

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 5
On 12/25/2021 at 10:24 AM, kristen111 said:

David left for a reason.  He wasn’t happy.  She was drinking booze from a bottle just to have sex with him.  Is that a way to live?  Shannon had a lot of quirks.  It’s not always the guys fault.  He gave her everything when married.  He got up at 3 am and worked until 3 pm, then came home and ate chips as dinner was 6 pm.  She could have catered to him a little better.  After all.  ( don’t yell at me .. it’s Christmas, lol).

David didn't leave.

David cheated on his wife while his kids watched on.

There is no excuse for that. If he was so unhappy he could have taken his salsa and left first, and moved on with a GF after the fact. David is a coward piece of shit based on what was shown on tv. 

On 12/27/2021 at 11:58 AM, kristen111 said:

Don't forget we do know that David was a liar and a cheat too. Poor poor David. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
On 12/24/2021 at 11:17 AM, OFDgal said:

I want to wish everyone a Merry Merry and a Happy Happy.  It's been a tough year for many, including me, but reading the forums always lifts my spirits.  

Same to you!  I work in healthcare and this year has been a trying one (for a LOT of reasons!).

Nothing like coming home and snarking and reading hilarious snarking to make you forget your troubles!

I hope you have a fabulous 2022!!

• Love 13
7 hours ago, la patineuse said:

I LOL'd when the hostess at the restaurant complimented Emily on her dress as the camera shot shows Emily from the back.

I swear, that dress made Emily's BACK have more cleavage than my FRONT has cleavage!

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

I don’t think the producers can make the other women gang up on Shannon lol. Shannon is no victim. She can definitely hold her own. Ugh. No one can make David want Shannon. Shannon was so annoying and whiny with him. And she’s not even cute. Heather was quite mean but this is housewives. If you can’t handle it get off the show. These comments are something else smh.

• Love 1

I do not know how Shannon did not burst out laughing at Heather when she threatened her, I mean seriously what lawyer would take Heather's case?  Heather says that Shannon talked shit about Terry which she did not, Shannon stated a fact, Heather warns her to back off about her family, Shannon said nothing about Heather's kids, Shannon did not speak about Terry's character or ability as a surgeon, Heather does not like Shannon so she has decided that Shannon telling two people that Nicole had once sued Terry is a character assassination, how dare she tell anyone that Terry was sued. 

Also Heather, in her TH she says "doctors/plastic surgeons are sued all the time," as in it is no big deal, so which is it Heather, it's okay to basically admit Terry has been sued many times successfully or that Shannon, while piecing together who Nicole is remembers that she once sued (but dropped the suit),Terry?

• Love 17
On 12/27/2021 at 11:34 AM, kristen111 said:

They never have enough.

I think you are on to something, they keep trying to fill some internal void, their egos need to be sated, building the big house is done, their products are on QVC or one of those platforms, Heather is back on the show, they are looking for the next thing to fill the void, collecting the bones of Shannon Beador is next on the list.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

What Shannon said about Nicole suing Terry is true. Her being surprised that Madame and Niclown are friends after that happening is reasonable. Not sure what she has to be sorry for. I’d just shrug and be like, glad you worked it out. But it’s a fact, so sorry not sorry.

Heather’s kids are pretty homely-looking, except for the son. Not that Heather looks great, but her kids make it clear that’s not her real face.

Edited by Goodnight
  • LOL 4
  • Love 9
On 12/30/2021 at 3:16 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

I do not know how Shannon did not burst out laughing at Heather when she threatened her, I mean seriously what lawyer would take Heather's case?  Heather says that Shannon talked shit about Terry which she did not, Shannon stated a fact, Heather warns her to back off about her family, Shannon said nothing about Heather's kids, Shannon did not speak about Terry's character or ability as a surgeon, Heather does not like Shannon so she has decided that Shannon telling two people that Nicole had once sued Terry is a character assassination, how dare she tell anyone that Terry was sued. 

Also Heather, in her TH she says "doctors/plastic surgeons are sued all the time," as in it is no big deal, so which is it Heather, it's okay to basically admit Terry has been sued many times successfully or that Shannon, while piecing together who Nicole is remembers that she once sued (but dropped the suit),Terry?

I'm beginning to think that Heather's "promise" is a lot of hot air and maybe a threat to use any leverage that she has with the show's producers and Andy Cohen to get Shannon off the show as someone previously posted.  Shannon did nothing that would result in a legitimate law suit.  Maybe Terry has been sued so often that it's no big deal to them (so why get so bent out of shape about it even if Shannon did bring it up?) that they can't remember the names of patients who sued them.  Although Dr. Jen did seem think getting sued by a patient was a pretty big deal.

This whole mountain out of a  molehill was manufactured and then blown out of proportion by Heather and the producers.  Every subsequent, scripted meet up Heather has had always comes around to Shannon and how Heather is fine with everyone but Shannon, how she doesn't get Shannon's end game and then getting all the other ducks aligned on her side against Shannon.  She did this with Gina; she did this with Emily; she did this with Nicole; and she did this with Jen. 

Edited by la patineuse
  • Love 5

You know, for all of Heather's "I'm smarter than everyone" attitude, she sure doesn't seem to have learned much from her past appearance on this show. She went after Shannon before (when Shannon was going through a legitimately bad situation in her marriage), and the audience largely took Shannons's side. Heather came across as cruel and mean, and if I recall, ended up apologizing to Shannon at the reunion.

She's doing it again - Shannon was ripe for being edited as the villain, and instead Heather has completely overplayed her hand and looks like a mean girl again. Even Terry seems to not entirely buy what she's selling. That speech was ridiculous. Shannon should've laughed in her face or told Heather to get over herself.

And, maybe I'm a party of one, but I can't help but root for Shannon. She is her own worst enemy and her self-esteem is obviously in the toilet, which influences too much of her behavior. If she took a moment to realize, "Hey, this lady tried to gaslight me a few years ago - why is SHE the one acting like she was wronged and I'm the one not to be trusted???" she might find a backbone. As I've long said, Shannon is too emotionally raw to be on a reality show. 

Edited by candle96
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, candle96 said:

You know, for all of Heather's "I'm smarter than everyone" attitude, she sure doesn't seem to have learned much from her past appearance on this show. She went after Shannon before (when Shanon was going through a legitimately bad situation in her marriage), and the audience largely took Shannons's side. Heather came across as cruel and mean, and if I recall, ended up apologizing to Shannon at the reunion.

She's doing it again - Shannon was ripe for being edited as the villain, and instead Heather has completely overplayed her hand and looks like a mean girl again. 
Even Terry seems to not entirely buy what she's selling. That speech was ridiculous. Shannon should've laughed in her face or told Heather to get over herself..

And, maybe I'm a party of one, but I can't help but root for Shannon. She is her own worst enemy and her self-esteem is obviously in the toilet, which influences too much of her behavior. If she took a moment to realize, "Hey, this lady tried to gaslight me a few years ago - why is SHE the one acting like she was wronged and I'm the one not to be trusted???" she might find a backbone. As I've long said, Shannon is too emotionally raw to be on a reality show. 

i'm with you on Shannon.  She needs to get out of her own way, but i like her and her kooky ways.  Heather to me is an absolute phony.  I didn't like her the first time around and i don't like her now.

• Love 7
On 12/25/2021 at 12:06 AM, albarino said:

I'm sorry she came back.  I think I sort of liked her the last time (understanding she was quite pretentious) but I really dislike her this time.  

I can't even begin to imagine shutting down your own house party with all of the drama that entailed.  Especially since the drama was, what, on a scale of one to ten, a two?  I've watched the business a couple of times and I'm still struggling with the whole "everybody is forgiven except Shannon."

Shannon, I will pay you $1M if you laugh in Heather's face at her "Godfather" threat.  Lord, who talks that way?  Terry, run, run far away.

Heather, JL has you pegged.

I agree, before Heather was snooty but also somewhat seemed in on the joke. Now she just looks like a pompous, bad acting, Godfather wannabe. If her attacking Shannon is the whole season I won't watch anymore. Exactly how many lawsuits has Terry had against him if you don't even remember that your "friend" had one back in the day? 

• Love 3
On 1/2/2022 at 5:08 PM, tranquilidade said:

Heather should be mad at Nicole  for keeping the secret.  This is a close friend you've had for years? Interesting definition of friendship. 

This is what I don't understand. She's mad at Shannon for raising legit questions. Who WOULD want to be friends with someone who sued their husband in the past. And who wouldnt think that was bizarre. Maybe Heather should make a point of only hanging out with people she doesn't cross paths with elsewhere in her life if she has so many "secrets" to keep under wraps. If anything it really was Gina and the other one who made this bigger than it is. You cannot convince me that those two aren't sitting around the charcuterie board in Gina's kitchen gossiping and googling about everyone they meet to get the scoop. Shannon just made the mistake of trying to join in with them.

It is quite obvious Heather only joined this show again if she had complete control over her portrayal and had more interaction with HER people. Much like LVP. She was unlikable the first time and even moreso this time. 

• Love 4