Type keyword(s) to search

S29.E12: Stanley Tucci, Dame Joan Collins, Jamie Oliver, Romesh Ranganathan, and Joy Crookes

• Start Topic

I'd say it was a middling show, which means it was stellar compared to talk shows in the U.S.  I did enjoy the knowledgeable critiques of the big red chair stories, and I always enjoy Romesh Ranganathan, even though the only reason I know he even exists is from seeing him on this show.

Lil Nas X wasn't there--it was a singer named Joy something who, to judge from the blurring, has a bare-breasted photo of herself on her album cover.  And I'm glad she didn't have on the usual short tight dress women wear on these shows, because the way she sat down would have had the show pulled from the airwaves.  Most women dress inappropriately for sitting along, and she pulled off an outfit that works for both sitting and performing.  Good work, Joy, whoever you are.

50 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Lil Nas X wasn't there

I'll adjust the title once I see the show (which will be tomorrow at the earliest). I'm sure the omicron variation is playing havoc with guests traveling and being booked.

• Love 2

I'm talking about the part before he said that, when she asked him, basically, if he agreed with her hypothesis. In other words, I already knew his first wife passed away and as soon as she turned to him I knew this was not about to be the fun quip she was probably hoping for by bringing him into that particular discussion.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, theatremouse said:

I'm talking about the part before he said that, when she asked him, basically, if he agreed with her hypothesis. In other words, I already knew his first wife passed away and as soon as she turned to him I knew this was not about to be the fun quip she was probably hoping for by bringing him into that particular discussion.

Yep.  But he handled it well. It reminded me a little about Kathy Lee forgetting Martin Short's wife had died.

• Love 2

It was also a little cringey because he had an affair during his first marriage, and his wife and he separated for awhile.  I doubt Joan knew either about his affair or her later death, but she shouldn’t have tried to get him to weigh in regardless.