Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E02: Catching Flights To Catch Feelings

• Start Topic

Jasmine's jealousy rears its head; Memphis has a secret about her ex; Alina worries that Caleb doesn't understand her abilities; Usman's friends do not support his relationship with Kim; Mike's friends believe Ximena is using him.

First Look: 12/17. Full Episode: 12/19. Discovery +: ???

• Love 2

Mike reminds me of Pole, and so does Gino.     So I call Gino Pole 2.0 and Mike Pole 3.0.      Where are they finding these people?     I think there are seven couples this season, instead of the usual six, so either more fireworks, or cram more bizarre scenes together to keep the ratings up.     I'm getting tired of the airplane, and arrival scenes, just get down to some action.   Gion and Jasmine at least have great scenery to make their part more interesting.    I really hope that Mike's dad and granddad have room for Ximena and two little kids.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5

Jasmine: "Gino is a super smart person" Translation: "He gives me money."

10 they baby talk when they bang.

Jasmine couldn't bring flowers and candles and all the romantic shit with her? Why did she need her buddy to come over?

Holy fuck - ok I know lying and shaving a few years is common but 8 freaking years?

Memphis is either high or living a fantasy. If she's high, she needs to let us know what drugs she's using.

So like no fresh meat? Just the same faces from last week?

BTW - The Silva twins look like blow up dolls. And not the high end blow up dolls. Those cheap ass ones with the mouth open

• LOL 9
  • Love 8

@greekmom, you have experience with the cheap ones? 🤣🤣🤣

Jasmine’s kids, of course, are with other people. Not surprised. She couldn’t pack a bag with flowers, wine, etc. on her own? She needed a friend? Gino rented a nice suite. A 50 year old guy doing baby talk? Guess it is better than the laugh. And she wonders about his hat? He is a smart person. The money train is alive and well.

Caleb has much longer hair. His parents are Christian? They may have issues with his new age stuff. He has been pen pals with Alina for over a decade and he never mentioned her to them? How tall is she? About 3 feet high? They do have concerns about this and have well-founded ones. Caleb has no experience. One does not normally announce one is going to Turkey in two days.

Memphis, you are lucky to have a good co-parent. Eat that bacon! I would also spend time looking up Tunisian love rats and their MO and watch for the signs.

Darcey and Stacey are really snatched or whatever.

• LOL 6
  • Love 6

So Memphis's big secret about her Ex is that she spent non-intimate time with him when she first started dating Hamsa? And she worries that Hamsa is going to be SO jealous if he finds out? And just HOW would he find out unless she tells him? And why does she need to tell him? Seems like a non-issue to me, certainly not the huge secret they are making it out to be. 

• Love 22
10 minutes ago, magemaud said:

So Memphis's big secret about her Ex is that she spent non-intimate time with him when she first started dating Hamsa? And she worries that Hamsa is going to be SO jealous if he finds out? And just HOW would he find out unless she tells him? And why does she need to tell him? Seems like a non-issue to me, certainly not the huge secret they are making it out to be. 

For dramatic purposes cuddling is now worse than fucking.

• LOL 13
  • Love 3

Gino is not all there.  He gives a cringy gift to Jasmine.

Mike-Ximina:  does she know about your living situation?

I want friends like Elijah, Ingrid, and the guy with an unfortunate neck tattoo.

We meet Caleb's parents and brother. 

Usman makes an interesting "confession" over his feelings towards Kim.  Is she Kim?  Or am I getting her name wrong?

There us A LOT of speculation on future feelings.  "What if Caleb can't handle dating a little person?"  "What if this?  What if that?"

Usman has a great conversation with his friends/coworkers.

• Love 4

So if Caleb is Pole 2.0, and Mike is Pole 3.0, then I guess Jasmine is Larissa 2.0.      I am loving seeing some of Panama though.   

So, we've only seen five couples so far?    All of them look like train wrecks.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5
On 12/17/2021 at 7:27 PM, greekmom said:

Jasmine: "Gino is a super smart person" Translation: "He gives me money."

10 they baby talk when they bang.

Jasmine couldn't bring flowers and candles and all the romantic shit with her? Why did she need her buddy to come over?

Holy fuck - ok I know lying and shaving a few years is common but 8 freaking years?

Memphis is either high or living a fantasy. If she's high, she needs to let us know what drugs she's using.

So like no fresh meat? Just the same faces from last week?

BTW - The Silva twins look like blow up dolls. And not the high end blow up dolls. Those cheap ass ones with the mouth open

You want to see real cheap sex dolls? Watch Love After Lockup, this one guy has one that is headless and legless, just from butt to boobs, looks about 12" tall-and he cleans it in his DISHWASHER!!!! With his damn dishes!!!

• LOL 17
  • Love 3

Isn't it obvious at this point that Usman is using these ladies/this show to make a name for himself in the US? The women he engages with are equally distasteful and they all deserve each other.

I'm so disappointed that Caleb didn't think to book a hotel with Alina's abilities in mind. I'm starting to worry that he's gonna turn out to be a poser. 

Memphis is just a mess.

Jasmine is clearly nuts.

Isn't there supposed to be a Mahogany?

• Love 12

Caleb looks so much better when that long hair (copying that guy from the band  Xtreme?) is covered or pulled back. What a body on him though.

Alina has such a beautiful face.

Not sure if mentioned before, but Caleb's dad looks like Kody Brown will look very soon without all his Kody interventions.

Edited by seasons
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, FrancescaFiore said:

Isn't there supposed to be a Mahogany?

She’s the one with the creepy ex-pastor and is this season’s foreigner who we are supposed to speculate whether or not is a catfish. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, FrancescaFiore said:

Tonight's episode has an MVP and it's Kathleen, the lady who works in the toy store. Brava Kathleen, brava.

Kathleen was fab personified and needs to be in every shopping sequence from now on. Going for coffee? Kathleen's the barista. Going to the gym? Kathleen's the personal trainer. Going to a dildo shop? Kathleen's the salesperson. Going for a drink? Kathleen's the bartender. The possibilities are endless. 

9 hours ago, FrancescaFiore said:

I

I'm so disappointed that Caleb didn't think to book a hotel with Alina's abilities in mind. I'm starting to worry that he's gonna turn out to be a poser. 

Going to turn out to be a poser? I think that ship has sailed. Our Caleb is the posiest poser who ever posed. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I'm going to be disappointed if the disappointments continue, with the end-result being a huge disappointment for Alina.

• Love 5

Oh, I just love Elijah and Kathleen (clerk at toy store).  Elijah because he just really seems to care about Alina and Kathleen because she gets it (coffee indeed).  I think Alina is going to be really happy that her parents made her take Elijah with her.

As much as I didn't like SteVen, I like Caleb even less.  He just wants fame (maybe even more that SteVen did...).  I think his parents were really concerned FOR Alina not ABOUT Alina. They know their son and I think their questions were worded to not upset him but to make sure he understood some truths.  

Okay, I may be wrong, but I have this impression that some of the American men like Latinas because they think the women will dominate them while I think some of the American women like Africans because they think they will be able to dominate the men-all in the name of a green card.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, mittsigirl said:

You want to see real cheap sex dolls? Watch Love After Lockup, this one guy has one that is headless and legless, just from butt to boobs, looks about 12" tall-and he cleans it in his DISHWASHER!!!! With his damn dishes!!!

Until he gave it a Viking funeral. Yeah... I didn't think it could go any lower than 90D until the kind, enabling folks here pointed me in that direction.

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
On 12/17/2021 at 9:48 PM, Frozendiva said:

Darcey and Stacey are really snatched or whatever

They look like they were "snatched" by aliens, then returned after they had some alterations to their faces and bodies 

9 hours ago, MoonMountain said:

Yes! Elijah and neck tattoo guy are my favorite characters this season so far.

Toy store cashier Kathleen gets me vote, she was so New Yawk with her cawfee.

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

Gino giving Jasmine the toothbrush proves he learned absolutely nothing from L’il Ed giving same gift to Rose. 

Don't forget just about the first thing Jasmine said to him was "let me see your teeth" like she was buying a horse. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Granny58 said:

If Memphis were my nurse practitioner I would want a different provider.  I don't trust her judgment.

100% !!

I want to see her credentials...and THEN the credentials of her university (college, school, whatever).

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Kathleen was fab personified and needs to be in every shopping sequence from now on. Going for coffee? Kathleen's the barista. Going to the gym? Kathleen's the personal trainer. Going to a dildo shop? Kathleen's the salesperson. Going for a drink? Kathleen's the bartender. The possibilities are endless. 

Pepper, you're my new BFF. 🤣 You get me & I love you.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

Caleb and Alina: His parents can see that he may not be mature enough for a relationship with Alina. At this point in life, he may not be able to be a life partner and a possible caregiver. A guy who is looking for fun, is playing around with pop spirituality, and the journey of his soul is in for a possibly humbling love experience. He takes a lot for granted and can he step up and be a viable partner to someone he may genuinely overlook in his life. She will teach him some lessons. Don't know if the hotel thing was just another Sharp shenanigan. Caleb screwed up but Alina also had the ability to call the hotel or email the hotel to see if it was suitable for her needs and to tell Caleb expressly that any hotel had to have an elevator or other accessible features for her. She is lucky to have a friend in Elijah. And her parents were smart to have someone go with her to Turkey. She has a group there and should be taken care of by her friends if anything happens. Poor Caleb, like many of us, suffer from long flightus stinkus. No idea why they have to meet at the airport. Both arrive separately, check in to a hotel (even for a half day to bathe and get some rest) and meet up later.

Gino and Jasmine: Wherever I lay my hat, that's my head. Both have annoying laughs. I don't think men find Jasmine all that intimidating. She is a beautiful woman, but she has significant jealousy issues. I'd guess that they don't stick around because of her need for control and micromanaging someone. I would find it insane for my boyfriend to want to see my every interaction with another person. Being polite to someone doesn't mean I want to jump the dude's bones.  Not every woman will steal your man, lady. I didn't appreciate her looking at his teeth like he was a horse or donkey. The expensive toothbrush was not the best gift. The dude will never take off his hat and probably sleeps in it. The hotel suite was nice. It was also nice to see Panama City as a real city and not some rural area.

Memphis and Hamza?: Not the best decision. You have little kids and a trip to Tunisia to see some dude you don't really know, have a language/translation barrier, and probably major cultural barriers is not the best idea. Good luck to you. Your big secret is that you cuddled with your ex? Maybe there was more, maybe that was it. Who knows. None of your love rat's business. No impact on him or your relationship with him.  I can see you finding a connection if you worked as a nurse in say UAE or Saudi Arabia or Dubai and met someone there. This just smells like disaster.

Mike and Ximena: I feel for Mike. As a little kid, I had two sick parents. You go to school, go to the hospital if the parent was in hospital, go home and do homework.  If not hospital, you look after X parent. No escape, no break. Lather, rinse and repeat for many years. To this day, I do carry some scars and it took a long time to heal.  I missed out on a lot of things. I don't know if Mike has been a long term caregiver for his dad and grandpa. He certainly would not have much time to date and his reality is finding a woman who is going to live with the extended family. And that is hard. Not all women want to be caregivers in such a situation and they would wonder if his interest in them is just to have a maid and home nurse. I also have no idea if his brothers do anything at all except maybe visit for a few hours (which is typical). I don't know if Ximena has any genuine interest in him or is looking for a few bucks and has a few dudes in rotation. He is being kind to the kids and buying them toys. A bit too much of an investment to people you don't even know. I see heartbreak for him and him possibly feeling very used.

Kimbaaaaly and Usman: Round two of finding some US lady to get you a Green Card to kick off your career. International 'superstar' Sojaboy would have his pick of women. At least he isn't making the same mistake as he did with BGL. Kimberly is only a potential girlfriend right now. She must see a lot of potential to spend a lot of cash flying to Tanzania to watch him film his music video. His friends are pretty smart. Don't date your fans. I don't know why he wants another older woman. A 10 or so year age difference isn't much. She is almost 20 years older and at a very different place in her life and also has a 25 year old son. This relationship smells.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

100% !!

I want to see her credentials...and THEN the credentials of her university (college, school, whatever).

Let's be fair here, you have no idea what your doctor or nurse practitioner get up to in their spare time and would probably ask the same questions if you did. Normally sensible people do some strange & weird shit in the name of love every day.

• Love 9
18 hours ago, FrancescaFiore said:

Tonight's episode has an MVP and it's Kathleen, the lady who works in the toy store. Brava Kathleen, brava.

Oh for sure. That's quite a look she had gone on there, two pairs of glasses at the same time.

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:
4 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

100% !!

Let's be fair here,

Sorry.  Guess I'm old school...from when these forums were called "Television Without Pity," and being "fair" wasn't one of the requirements.

• LOL 14
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I feel for Mike. As a little kid, I had two sick parents. You go to school, go to the hospital if the parent was in hospital, go home and do homework.  If not hospital, you look after X parent. No escape, no break. Lather, rinse and repeat for many years. To this day, I do carry some scars and it took a long time to heal.  I missed out on a lot of things. I don't know if Mike has been a long term caregiver for his dad and grandpa. He certainly would not have much time to date and his reality is finding a woman who is going to live with the extended family. And that is hard. Not all women want to be caregivers in such a situation and they would wonder if his interest in them is just to have a maid and home nurse. I also have no idea if his brothers do anything at all except maybe visit for a few hours (which is typical). I don't know if Ximena has any genuine interest in him or is looking for a few bucks and has a few dudes in rotation. He is being kind to the kids and buying them toys. A bit too much of an investment to people you don't even know. I see heartbreak for him and him possibly feeling very used.

Yes, I totally agree. Generally I feel little sympathy for the schmucks on this show, as they must know what they're getting into and are willing participants in it. But Mike is vulnerable, no experience of relationships, and TLC is complicit in setting him up for heartbreak. I hope for him the end result will be that someone local to him will see him on this show and think that he seems like a sweet, kind guy and want to date him.

• Love 9

I know nothing about Turkey, but do they not have laws that protect the disabled (handicap ramps, elevators, parking, etc.)? Maybe Caleb just assumed they did (like the U.S), so didn't think to ask. His interactions with Alina should be an eye opener for him.

• Love 5

When Mike's dad yelled, "Mikey it's time for breakfast", I thought he was calling him to eat, not to make it.  I kinda feel sorry for guys like Mike and Gino, because they are not traditionally handsome and appear to be socially awkward, so, women most likely do not give them a chance. However, the thing that irks me is the audacity. Why do they think that they are entitled to date women that are 8s and 9s on the attractive scale, when they are barely 4s? 

Molly said something on Pillow Talk that my sister and I had discussed.  Soja Boy must have had thousands of women slide into his DM, why Kimberly? She is neither rich nor attractive.  Wonder what made her stand out.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, Back Atcha said:

Sorry.  Guess I'm old school...from when these forums were called "Television Without Pity," and being "fair" wasn't one of the requirements.

But are you old enough to have been there when it was Mighty Big TV?? 👵 ("Get off my lawn!")

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Kathleen's appearance was the first and only time I cracked a smile in 2 hours!  Humor!  Brains!  "PRODUCTION: Do NOT let this one 'slip away.'  She's already got a fan club, here!"  😁

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I'd much rather watch this than any of the advertised spin-offs. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
59 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I kinda feel sorry for guys like Mike and Gino, because they are not traditionally handsome and appear to be socially awkward, so, women most likely do not give them a chance. However, the thing that irks me is the audacity. Why do they think that they are entitled to date women that are 8s and 9s on the attractive scale, when they are barely 4s? 

That's just it.  These basically average/lower than average people just won't settle for someone in their own league.  They're not tragically flawed; I'm sure they could find a compatible partner if their standards weren't so ridiculous.  

• Love 15
33 minutes ago, Chloe Dog said:

That's just it.  These basically average/lower than average people just won't settle for someone in their own league.  They're not tragically flawed; I'm sure they could find a compatible partner if their standards weren't so ridiculous.  

Logically, Gino and Kim could be together, they are similar in age and appearance. But Kim isn't a hot babe, and Gino isn't a rap star. Plus, then we wouldn't have anything to snark about and TLC wouldn't be making any money from having a boring, normal people show.

But my heart is already breaking for poor little Mike, nobody is at the airport to meet him. I hope this is just to get us to tune in next week, and he hasn't been ghosted and is left with the toys he bought for her kids.

Edited by mittsigirl
Added comment
  • Love 4

I typically love seeing people make absolute fools of themselves on this show, but I can't with Gino and Mike. It's one thing when the Americans are delusional, but seem all there. I don't want to see these guys hurt. They aren't hateful like Ed, or horrid racist garbage like BGL. They are more in the Pol vein, and that was painful to watch. 

• Love 8