Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E02: Catching Flights To Catch Feelings

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Granny58 said:

is it Danielle and Muhammad?  If so, yeah...I remember HER!   

That's the couple! Danielle is supposedly in nursing school now but during their original season, she was just some kind of unskilled nursing home worker. 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, mittsigirl said:

This is a tough question for me after what I have happen to me when I was totally paralyzed and in the ICU on life support for 6 weeks. I was punched in my back a couple of times by a male nurse, then a few days later was slapped a few times by a female nurse. So though I would trust Chantel's knowledge, it would be Danielle who would probably not be the hitting the patient type. Many months after I got better and left the hospital, I told the hospital social worker and nursing supervisor what happened to me, and found out that they had been having issues with the team, so they broke them up into different teams then. An orderly over at the rehab hospital I was transferred to told me that this male nurse was known for hitting senior patients. I was 36 at the time. Oh yes, I had many experiences being hospitalized for 4 months, many were negative. But I didn't do anything to deserve being abused like that, because I couldn't move more than one tip of a finger, couldn't make a noise, so have no idea why they picked me!

I am so sorry you experienced that, Mittsigirl. What absolute awful ways to treat someone who is completely vulnerable. I like to think there is a special place in hell for people like that.

• Love 8
22 hours ago, magemaud said:

Here's a poll. Who would you rather have as your healthcare provider:

Memphis

Chantel

Danielle

Thought I would ask my RN & now healthcare director wife the same question as she watches the show with me and her answer was Memphis every day.

Her reasoning is that she hasn't seen enough of Memphis to doubt her in any way, being stupid in love is not a prerequisite for taking care of people.

Chantel is too new & took way too long to get her nurses credentials and doubts she would retain much of it and is too high maintenance to really care about her patients.

Danielle was just a straight no as she would question her ethical standards with all of her money issues & that her personal hygiene is also questionable.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, Adeejay said:

What?  You don't remember Danielle?!  She was the one who put this show on the map.  If you have the time, please watch Season 2.  I promise you won't be disappointed. To answer the OP's poll, I would go with Chantel. Memphis and Danielle appear to have some screws loose.  However, they are to be commended for their accomplishment. 

I was glad when Gino told Jasmine that the password to his phone was his face.  I wouldn't be surprised if after he falls asleep, she put it up to his face to unlock it.  I don't trust that woman; she seems like an episode of Snapped waiting to happen.  

I wonder if his phone would recognize hat on or hat off?

It would be funny if his password was actually "myface"

• LOL 10
On 12/22/2021 at 11:56 AM, magemaud said:

Here's a poll. Who would you rather have as your healthcare provider:

Memphis

Chantel

Danielle

Aren't BGL and Grangela either hospice or nursing home caretakers? Who would you want with you for your final days:

Lisa

Angela

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Welshman in Ca said:

being stupid in love is not a prerequisite for taking care of people.

You ain’t never told a lie. I live in a small community. I grew up with the kids of my various doctors. There were…things going on with those adults. (Nothing criminal.) They were able to compartmentalize their personal and professional lives, so to me they were just my trusted, competent doctors.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, mittsigirl said:

Wishing all of you who post and read here a very Merry and Happy Christmas season and the best in the New Year. Thanks for being such a great 'family'!380821197_Xmasgrouptherapy.png.d946a23f8d0d7ae1feed74e28ed76fd5.png

Thank you, Mittsigirl! Happy Holidays to you and everyone on this forum!  Some seasons of The Bachelor/Bachelorette are more enjoyable than others to watch but the hilarious and insightful comments on this forum every season keep me coming back for more! I'm ready for Clayton's season that looks to be jam packed with botched plastic surgery, fake eyelashes, crying on staircases and cat fights galore 😄

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 12/23/2021 at 3:37 PM, Mrs. Landingham said:

You ain’t never told a lie. I live in a small community. I grew up with the kids of my various doctors. There were…things going on with those adults. (Nothing criminal.) They were able to compartmentalize their personal and professional lives, so to me they were just my trusted, competent doctors.

I'm a little lost by the first sentence. Who has never told a lie, me? I've told a shitload but how did you get that from what I said? Or that someone else is lying ? If so who?

Sorry I'm just confused. Can you show me where I even mentioned a lie in what you quoted, or any of what I said.

What I get from the rest of your post is that you might even agree with me.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

I'm a little lost by the first sentence. Who has never told a lie, me? I've told a shitload but how did you get that from what I said? Or that someone else is lying ? If so who?

Sorry I'm just confused. Can you show me where I even mentioned a lie in what you quoted, or any of what I said.

What I get from the rest of your post is that you might even agree with me.

I'm not @Mrs. Landingham, but I can translate for you. It's just an idiom that means something like "Amen, brother" or "You ain't kidding" or "True dat." She wasn't accusing you of lying--just the opposite. It means she's in complete agreement. Merry Christmas.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

I'm not @Mrs. Landingham, but I can translate for you. It's just an idiom that means something like "Amen, brother" or "You ain't kidding" or "True dat." She wasn't accusing you of lying--just the opposite. It means she's in complete agreement. Merry Christmas.

Thanks for the explanation, makes perfect sense now.

Happy Christmas to you too & everyone else.

• Love 6
On 12/22/2021 at 11:08 AM, anoninrva said:

Gino's either excessively bald, has a head injury, or both.  Maybe there's a correlation between the head injury and his laugh?

Ooh, you got a good theory going there. Mine is that he probably has a pimple under his head due to a concussion, the type that Dr. Sandra Lee fixes.

On 12/22/2021 at 10:33 AM, mittsigirl said:

This is a tough question for me after what I have happen to me when I was totally paralyzed and in the ICU on life support for 6 weeks. I was punched in my back a couple of times by a male nurse, then a few days later was slapped a few times by a female nurse. So though I would trust Chantel's knowledge, it would be Danielle who would probably not be the hitting the patient type. Many months after I got better and left the hospital, I told the hospital social worker and nursing supervisor what happened to me, and found out that they had been having issues with the team, so they broke them up into different teams then. An orderly over at the rehab hospital I was transferred to told me that this male nurse was known for hitting senior patients. I was 36 at the time. Oh yes, I had many experiences being hospitalized for 4 months, many were negative. But I didn't do anything to deserve being abused like that, because I couldn't move more than one tip of a finger, couldn't make a noise, so have no idea why they picked me!

I’m so sorry that happened to you. My condolences.

On 12/23/2021 at 3:21 PM, jackjill89 said:

Aren't BGL and Grangela either hospice or nursing home caretakers? Who would you want with you for your final days:

Lisa

Angela

I’d rather hang myself.

On 12/24/2021 at 3:12 PM, mittsigirl said:

Wishing all of you who post and read here a very Merry and Happy Christmas season and the best in the New Year. Thanks for being such a great 'family'!380821197_Xmasgrouptherapy.png.d946a23f8d0d7ae1feed74e28ed76fd5.png

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to all!

• Love 4

Why is toy store clerk wearing 2 pairs of glasses at the same time ? That seems counterproductive . 

This season is very entertaining thus far but one of my 90 day pet peeves are the people who have a “ relationship “ with another person who doesn’t speak a word of their language . They have one every season . The people who communicate via translator app on their phone . Wtf ? What if your phone dies ? Is it really fun to have to say every word to another person via phone App ? It just genuinely confuses me how anyone would want to live like this . 

Edited by Jax7917
  • Love 4
Just now, Jax7917 said:

Why is toy store clerk wearing 2 pairs of glasses at the same time ? Can’t be good for the eyes or for headaches . 

This season is very entertaining thus far but one of my 90 day pet peeves are the people who have a “ relationship “ with another person who doesn’t speak a word of their language . They have one every season . The people who communicate via translator app on their phone . Wtf ? What if your phone dies ? Is it really fun to have to say every word to another person via phone App ? It just genuinely confuses me how anyone would want to live like this . 

Agree. It seems instead of showing their privates they could take some of that time and learn each other’s language. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4