Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E02: Azure Dragon

raven
  • Start Topic

I can see him being the one to bring down Marco in some way, but I'm still hoping either Drummer or Naomi get the final blow.

Yep, if Filip doesn't kill Marcos himself, I bet he'll step aside at the last moment and let someone else do it. My money is on Naomi but Drummer would be okay too.

(I speculate that those two are going to knock boots before this season is over.  Either that, or they are going to come to blows.  Possibly both.)

Bobbi probably likes it a little rough in the boudoir and Amos is willing to go there if the situation requires it, lol.

Emo-Eyeliner-Mussolini

Whee! I'm still calling him Space Prince. (As in, Purple Rain.)

• LOL 3
On 12/17/2021 at 10:15 PM, mac123x said:

Steven Strait looked very gaunt.  His jumpsuit and tee-shirt were hanging off him, and his beard looks really patchy.  I kind of wonder if the actor is doing this to both show the stress of the current situation and to hint at maybe the character's massive radiation dose back on Eros is coming back to haunt him.

I was really hoping Marco would space Filip, though second-in-command's suggestion of making him swim in shit for a few hours sounded good too.  Especially if they forgot to give him any breathable air.  

Marco's out and hair continue to look ludicrous, but I really dislike the eyeliner.  How could anyone mistake him for a charismatic leader?  

Same here.  Until the Azure Dragon assault, I was getting the impression that this episode was another move-the-chess-pieces setup like Ep 1.  It was giving me Game of Thrones S8 conniptions.  I'm still concerned they'll try to wrap up too much shit in the remaining 4 episodes.  I mean, kill Marco and Filip but leave some of the other stuff open for the inevitable Expanse:  The Motion Picture that Amazon will put out in a couple of years.

So, is there definitely going to be a movie to complete the story line? I thought even the usual 10 episodes would not be enough to finish books 8 & 9, now I learn there are only going to be 6. I'm beginning to think they're going to change up the story, because they cannot possibly complete it the way they are going. Books 8 & 9, like the previous ones, are huge books, with tons going on.

OK, please bear with me.  I just started watching this season.  Finished Episode 2 and I am a bit lost as to everything that is going on.  I needed more from the "Previously" that was at the start of Episode 1.

Can someone please help me understand where the characters are at?

Marco and Philip and blonde lady are running the Free Navy, whose goal seems to be to destroy Earth and Mars.

Holden and company are in the Rocinante, part of the forces of Earth/Mars who are trying to stop Marco.  It seems like their task is to go around and find the source of the rock asteroid weapons that are being sent to earth.  This season they acquired Clarisaa "Peaches" Mao as a crewmember.  

I don't really know what Drummer is doing.  I recall that her friend the old guy was pushed out the airlock, now she is in command.  Are the Belters with Earth/Mars?

Avasarala has been returned to power as the UN Secretary General.  She had been defeated in the election by Nancy somebody but then Nancy somebody died in an attack on Earth, so now Chrissy is back!  

Bobbie Draper is some kind of assistant to Avasarala, why wouldn't she be in on the action?

More specific questions: 

What is going on with the Earth-like planet/moon with the little girl?  Is this a new location this season?

The annoying woman that looks like Anne Hathaway, I think she is some kind of reporter?  Why is she still at the UN and what is her motive?

2 hours ago, blackwing said:

OK, please bear with me.  I just started watching this season.  Finished Episode 2 and I am a bit lost as to everything that is going on.  I needed more from the "Previously" that was at the start of Episode 1.

Can someone please help me understand where the characters are at?

Marco and Philip and blonde lady are running the Free Navy, whose goal seems to be to destroy Earth and Mars.

Yes

Holden and company are in the Rocinante, part of the forces of Earth/Mars who are trying to stop Marco.  It seems like their task is to go around and find the source of the rock asteroid weapons that are being sent to earth.  This season they acquired Clarisaa "Peaches" Mao as a crewmember.  

Yes

I don't really know what Drummer is doing.  I recall that her friend the old guy was pushed out the airlock, now she is in command.  Are the Belters with Earth/Mars?

Most Belters - but not all - support the Free Navy either out of conviction or because they see no other option like Drummer. However it's clear that she's no longer willing to play along with Marco.

Avasarala has been returned to power as the UN Secretary General.  She had been defeated in the election by Nancy somebody but then Nancy somebody died in an attack on Earth, so now Chrissy is back!  

Bobbie Draper is some kind of assistant to Avasarala, why wouldn't she be in on the action?

She bonded with Avasarala last season who likes to have her around because Bobbie speaks 'military' and can deal with Avasarala's no bs attitude. She's also still considered a traitor by many Martians.

More specific questions: 

What is going on with the Earth-like planet/moon with the little girl?  Is this a new location this season?

It's a new location - where the Martian ships went last season - called Laconia. 

The annoying woman that looks like Anne Hathaway, I think she is some kind of reporter?  Why is she still at the UN and what is her motive?

That's Monica, the reporter. She's around because Avasarala thinks she's useful.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, MissLucas said:

That's Monica, the reporter. She's around because Avasarala thinks she's useful.

Thanks for all the answers!  I appreciate it.  I truly cannot stand Monica / Anne Hathaway.  I get why Avasarala wants her around, to use her for her own PR purposes, but ugh, I find her incredibly irritating.

• Love 1
On 4/12/2022 at 2:32 PM, blackwing said:

Thanks for all the answers!  I appreciate it.  I truly cannot stand Monica / Anne Hathaway.  I get why Avasarala wants her around, to use her for her own PR purposes, but ugh, I find her incredibly irritating.

I love her new title, "the annoying/irritating Anne Hathaway look-alike." It's so true.