Type keyword(s) to search

I Saw The Signs: A Rewatch Thread

• Start Topic

I’m sorry to hear professionals only made it worse for you @TurtlePower. Thank you for sharing and explaining some pretty important points like how not to react. 
Both you and @Pooky made some interesting observations about AurROARa. But I really believe that a manipulative, over-protective and neurotic mom makes all her problems 10 times worse. She needs to get out of that toxic environment first and then get some help. Otherwise she is indeed not going go make it in the real world.

Edited by LilyD
spelling: bur should be "but"
  • Like 1
  • Love 10
20 hours ago, LilyD said:

I’m sorry to hear professionals only made it worse for you @TurtlePower. Thank you for sharing and explaining some pretty important points like how not to react. 
Both you and @Pooky made some interesting observations about AurROARa. Bur I really believe that a manipulative, over-protective and neurotic mom makes all her problems 10 times worse. She needs to get out of that toxic environment first and then get some help. Otherwise she is indeed not going go make it in the real world.

Thanks LilyD. Although I can sympathize with Turtlepower and having not experienced anything like this, I do tend to think that Robyn has contributed to some of this problem also. Parents need to prepare children for the world, and disappointment is a big part of life. A rental home is never going to be permanent. I dont buy into the "worse thing you can say is"... but that's just me I speak my mind but also like to think I am pretty caring towards people also. 

• Like 1
  • Love 15
On 1/13/2022 at 9:50 PM, Pooky said:

Thanks LilyD. Although I can sympathize with Turtlepower and having not experienced anything like this, I do tend to think that Robyn has contributed to some of this problem also. Parents need to prepare children for the world, and disappointment is a big part of life. A rental home is never going to be permanent. I dont buy into the "worse thing you can say is"... but that's just me I speak my mind but also like to think I am pretty caring towards people also. 

I've lived in my rental apartment for 25 years now. I love it, my landlord is awesome (and hands off unless there's an issue), plus there's no way I can afford to buy in my area with the median hovering at around $2 million. 

It's definitely my home.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I've lived in my rental apartment for 25 years now. I love it, my landlord is awesome (and hands off unless there's an issue), plus there's no way I can afford to buy in my area with the median hovering at around $2 million. 

It's definitely my home.

My daughter feels the same.  She loves her rental she moved into while in grad school.  Now married and working full-time, she won’t give it up.

• Love 12
18 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

It's definitely my home.

I agree with you. Buying has been a nightmare for us—both times we had to buy, we lost money when we sold (even after upgrades and improvements) because of the markets and timing. This last time we had to shell out 17k. 

With our jobs, we move around a lot for job progression/salary increases and to boost our retirement plan. I do not want to buy until we’ve found (or built) our retirement home. I. Hate. Buying. Nothing but stress. 

• Love 11

I stopped watching right around the time of Mykelti's wedding. After seeing that Christine left I decided to go back. A few things I've noticed:

1. Meri and Kody should have manned up and told Mariah that the reason they didn't get in the house by Christmas was due to their procrastination in getting their paperwork in. No surprise that Janelle was ready first. Mariah, stop blaming the underwriters for not getting the work done. Your family is not the only clients they have. They also deserve to spend the holidays with their family. The RE agent was very explicit with the adults that they needed to stop going to the sites and focus on getting their paperwork in.

2. On the Mother's Day episode in season 6, you can see where Sobbyn Robyn gets it from. Her mother was beginning to cry when telling Kody how amazing he is. 

3. College costs - Hey Kody, you told each wife that they would get equal budgets for the houses. How about you tell each kid they get $X for college. Doesn't matter that 2 wives have 6 kids, 1 has 4 (at this moment) and 1 has 1. That didn't factor into the house budget, shouldn't factor into helping each kid with college. You know what, yes, loans are horrible, but, if they are that darned set on a more expensive college, then so be it. It's on you.

4. Funny how Mariah was the one dead set on polygamy and she is the one who is gay. Nothing wrong with being gay. I'm glad she was able to find her truth and her family supports her. But, she did a flip. She demanded Westminster so she could find a polygamist husband. Turns out she doesn't want the husband.  I am not anti LGBTQ+, I'm pro and I support Mar and Audj marrying if they choose. But, she could have found that in Las Vegas (okay maybe not Audj, but, she could have found someone to love closer to the family).

5. Throughout the rewatch it's been Christine saying that being apart has shown them how much they want to be together as a family and she was the first to go. And she looks amazing today vs. the rewatch episodes. She is absolutely beautiful.

6. I avoid mentioning the 4th wife (except above) as I tend to yell at the TV and my language is not fit for public consumption.

By the By...I had a dream the other night, that I was unmarried (really I've been married 23 years...24 end of March). I had somehow saw my ex boyfriend who offered me a job. I slept with his business partner, took the job and on the first day decided I loved my old (really current) job better. However, in my dream my boss was married to JANELLE. She had decided that she could do my job instead of looking for a new employee. I mean Janelle probably could do my job. I'm a legal asst. Boss was not particularly thrilled about my dream in any manner. LOL. Luckily, I've made it abundantly clear that he's stuck with my annoying butt until he retires or dies.

Edited by Mom2twoNonna2-3
there is a difference when you don't say "anti"
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

It's definitely my home.

I know of many people who felt that way until the owners sold up or decided to move in. You can make it your home but at the end of the day its not yours. Even thou with the rent you have paid it should be. I rent too by the way

• Love 7

Currently airing here in Europe: the episode where the Browns take part in the march to decriminalize polygamy that was organised by Joe Darger.

Just before they leave for Utah, we see Robyn crying for letting her sister wives go and do all the work and she can’t go “again”…. Not sure what her excuse was this time as this scene was on when I turned on the tv. Not that it matters as she was spot on with her remark. (I suppose it was Ari who was 1 and needed her mom)

It’s remarkable to see how often she wasn’t participating or managed to pull out and let the others do the work on hindsight. 

• Like 1
  • Love 19
9 hours ago, LilyD said:

It’s remarkable to see how often she wasn’t participating or managed to pull out and let the others do the work on hindsight. 

At one big meal at Christine's house in LV, all the other wives and older girls were making themselves useful and Robyn was hanging back doing nothing so the camera person asked what was up with her and Robyn replied that she doesn't like to interfere in another wife's kitchen. And she doesn't help clear plates or offer to do the washing up either.  She did the same when they were visiting the Dargers'.  Most people have the courtesy to ask the host how they can help, but not Robyn.

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 13
10 minutes ago, deirdra said:

At one big meal at Christine's house in LV, all the other wives and older girls were making themselves useful and Robyn was hanging back doing nothing so the camera person asked what was up with her and Robyn replied that she doesn't like to interfere in another wife's kitchen. And she doesn't help clear plates or offer to do the washing up either.  She did the same when they were visiting the Dargers'.  Most people have the courtesy to ask the host how they can help, but not Robyn.

Why should anyone be surprised? She's too pretty to cook, therefore she must also be too pretty to clean. 

😂

• LOL 17
  • Love 1

On a rewatch and Robyn and Meri are talking about the surrogacy and Robyn says something like "Yeah....a woman should be able to decide whether she wants to have a baby!"  I'm pretty sure she didn't mean that the way it sounded.  LOL!

And Christine seemed to have Robyn's number from very early on.  It's too bad it took her this long to move on.  

• Love 11
On 12/23/2021 at 8:53 AM, laurakaye said:

The episode where the family runs a 5K and Robyn decides to make Brown family t-shirts for everyone, and then pretends to freak out because she "accidentally" ordered an XL for Janelle and was so stressed that it might not fit...that's one of her better subtle papercuts that she's so very, very good 

Laurakaye, my blood pressure and I vaguely remember this. Was Bitch Robyn afraid the XL would be too small ? Again, when I typed the word "bitch" my phone predicted the word "Robyn". 😁

• Like 1
  • LOL 20

I just posted something in Robyn's thread about her giving birth to Sol and how annoyed I was with her rambling on about the magic of births. What I found particularly interesting was Janelle's reaction to Sol's birth:

Janelle: "I love babies, I really do. But I probably won't get up in the middle of the night to go see him once he's born."

Yep... Janelle deeply cared for Robyn and the new addition to the family. She did go to the hospital straight after Truely was born.It does confirm the idea that I had from day 1; Janelle seemed to be fairly impartial to Robyn coming into the family. She definitely wasn't emotionally invested! That brings me back to something they all said about sister wives: "Everyone has to be on board. Everyone has to agree to someone entering the family."  Christine was dead against it, Janelle didn't really care. Meri seemed genuinely excited and Kody was madly in love. The chain of command at the time was clearly Kody, Meri, Janelle. Christine had no vote.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

Season 4 episode 1: Why My Sister Wives Closet didn't become successful:  This business was doomed from day 1 for reasons pointed out by some before: Too tacky and too expensive. They were on an exhibition in Utah which was attended by a lot of people that were dead-against polygamy. Another stupid marketing decision. Those people were never going to buy anything.  It was interesting to hear those people say why they would never buy from that. They were clear in their feedback and they were right!

Jewellery is very personal. It has to mean something for you. What they sell, is their message; their belief and their faith. And that specific belief is not shared by many people. On the contrary; generally people condemn it. My wedding ring represents my marriage, my trilogy ring represents my kids. Why would I want to walk around with a ring or a necklace that represent the Sister Wives I don't have? Or is a symbol of a lifestyle I would never follow?  A cheaper line that wasn't about the belief in sister wives may have worked. People, especially fans, would probably have bought cheaper jewellery that didn't represent a dodgy faith. 

• Applause 2
  • Love 16

I always thought had they named the business My Best Friend’s Closet, or something similar and just sold cutesy, semi trendy stuff, they might have had a chance. They put too much of themselves into the business and it was too personal to be relatable to the average consumer.  
Add into it that everything was overpriced and most of it tacky, it’s no surprise that it was a spectacular failure. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 18
31 minutes ago, OliversMom said:

They put too much of themselves into the business and it was too personal to be relatable to the average consumer.  

And in their pea-sized brains, polygamy is 1) a lot more prevelant than it really is, 2) is endlessly fascinating, 3) has so many fans that millions of people would wear cheap, tacky joory proclaiming its glory.  

Morons.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, LilyD said:

I just posted something in Robyn's thread about her giving birth to Sol and how annoyed I was with her rambling on about the magic of births. What I found particularly interesting was Janelle's reaction to Sol's birth:

Janelle: "I love babies, I really do. But I probably won't get up in the middle of the night to go see him once he's born."

Yep... Janelle deeply cared for Robyn and the new addition to the family. She did go to the hospital straight after Truely was born.It does confirm the idea that I had from day 1; Janelle seemed to be fairly impartial to Robyn coming into the family. She definitely wasn't emotionally invested! That brings me back to something they all said about sister wives: "Everyone has to be on board. Everyone has to agree to someone entering the family."  Christine was dead against it, Janelle didn't really care. Meri seemed genuinely excited and Kody was madly in love. The chain of command at the time was clearly Kody, Meri, Janelle. Christine had no vote.

Well to be fair., Truely was born when it was before bedtime.  By the time they called everyone about Sol, it was early in the AM.  Don't know that I would have gotten up at that time either.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

By the time they called everyone about Sol, it was early in the AM.

And it's not like they hadn't already seen a dozen and a half squalling newborns already.  Hardly a novel experience.

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 7

I see your point, and you’re absolutely right in saying that Sol was born in the middle of the night as our sperm donor’s 14th child. But…they’re sister wives. They share everything, even the same dick(head). One big happy family remember? From a polygamous point of view (not mine!), she had an obligation to be there as one of the moms of the newborn, as support and out of love for a sister wife and out of devotion, respect, support and love for the husband. 
So, yes, I do wonder why she wasn’t there. I’d love to know if she was near when the other kids were born or right after. I still think she couldn’t be bothered. 

• Love 4

Going to the hospital during visiting hours is a lot different than going into someone’s home a few minutes after they have given birth.  

It’s not sterile environment as it is for one.  Did Robyn really need/want  all 3 wives and 16 kids in her bedroom a few minutes after birth?  Did Sol need to be breathed on by all of them a few minutes after birth?  
The hospital does a better job of regulating the number of visitors and making sure mom gets time to rest.  Spreading out and Limiting visitors  in the first couple days is a good thing. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 8
Just now, mythoughtis said:

Going to the hospital during visiting hours is a lot different than going into someone’s home a few minutes after they have given birth.  

It’s not sterile environment as it is for one.  Did Robyn really need my/want  all 3 wives and 16 kids in her bedroom a few minutes after birth?  Did Sol need to be breathed on by all of them a few minutes after birth?  
The hospital does a better job of regulating the number of visitors and making sure mom gets time to rest.  

Was Truley born in a hospital or at home? I didn't watch the early seasons but if it was at home, she would have been born under Janelle's roof, right? So easier to visit her than newborn Sol.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, LilyD said:

I see your point, and you’re absolutely right in saying that Sol was born in the middle of the night as our sperm donor’s 14th child. But…they’re sister wives. They share everything, even the same dick(head). One big happy family remember? From a polygamous point of view (not mine!), she had an obligation to be there as one of the moms of the newborn, as support and out of love for a sister wife and out of devotion, respect, support and love for the husband. 
So, yes, I do wonder why she wasn’t there. I’d love to know if she was near when the other kids were born or right after. I still think she couldn’t be bothered. 

Both Christine and Janelle got all of their children up to go see Sol in the middle of the night.  Meri was awake waiting on a call, I think she woke Mariah up to go.  

7 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

It’s not sterile environment as it is for one.  Did Robyn really need/want  all 3 wives and 16 kids in her bedroom a few minutes after birth?  Did Sol need to be breathed on by all of them a few minutes after birth?  
The hospital does a better job of regulating the number of visitors and making sure mom gets time to rest.  Spreading out and Limiting visitors  in the first couple days is a good thing. 

Meri, Janelle and Robyn loaded up all the children to go see Christine and Truely, I can't believe the hospital let them all go in at the same time.  But they were all filmed at the hospital holding Truley.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

I'm watching the old seasons, and I want to focus on the important issues that eventually rip this fambly apart (Robyn's special treatment, Meri's affair, Christine's lack of intimacy, Janelle's chicken nugget lip).

But all I can think, is when will Kootie's ramen perm show up? I'm on season 5, and all I'm seeing is alot of frizz. Not a Mr. Noodle ringlet in sight! I guess I have to keep watching just for this exciting development...

noodles GIF

• LOL 19

I've not been a faithful viewer of this show so I'm doing a first watch of past seasons having seen the most current season in full.  I'm up to season 7.  

The addition of Robyn seems like a really bad idea in hindsight.  Whatever Meri's motivations were at the time, I think they blew up on her big time.  Christine had been married to Kody for 16 years by the time she came in.  That's a long marriage by any standard and the honeymoon phase was long, long gone.  Kody and Robyn have still not been married that long in present day.  

I know from following social media what ends up happening with Meri but I feel like she's been screaming from the rooftops that she's not sure her place in the family; she wants to go to college; she doesn't know what to do and no one heard what she was saying or knew how to support her.  It's no wonder she turned to a stranger on the internet but I haven't seen those episodes yet so maybe it unfolds differently.  Robyn's lack of support for Meri wanting to go back to school was upsetting.  She's an empty nester in a marriage full of fertile people.  It's emotionally trying in the best of circumstances.  Since it seems the connection with these women are the kids, Meri is left out constantly.  It might be her own making but I can't help but feel for her a bit.  (Again fully prepared to change my mind).

Robyn's manipulation of Kody by telling him that she won't have a baby if she doesn't get help with My Sisterwives Closet was a brilliant display of her abilities to get what she wants.  She knew just what button to push.

The later seasons are so much heavier without the teenagers.  Those are some great kids.  They love the family, seem to support each other, their parents and siblings and just have good heads on their shoulders.  Good on Christine, Janelle and Meri for raising good kids.

• Useful 3
  • Love 16
On 1/1/2022 at 4:03 PM, Sasha888 said:

She should have known that at least the "divorced" and "in debt" parts weren't going to bother Kody! 😆

They love being in massive amounts of debt and Janelle's divorce sure didn't bother him.

🤣

Per the book, Kody narrating - "The minute Robyn and I hit the dance floor, I became transfixed by her spirit. I couldn't deny the spark I felt - not the kind of spark you feel in your loins, but something deep and transcendent. I guess you could call it love at first sight."

Why does he feel the need to even bring up his "loins"? Not every reader's mind was going to go to your LOINS just because you said you felt a spark...

Translation - Kody got a boner when he danced with Robyn, and like everything else in his dumb life, he believed his little woody was ordained by God and thus, he must marry her and make her queen of his financial house of cards.

How touching. Hallmark movie stuff right there, folks.

Twig.  I am guessing he sports a twig

• LOL 13

And in the following season 1 episode Meri says she thinks about leaving but wouldn't do it because of her commitment and Mariah--she doesn't want to take Mariah from her brothers and sisters.

Supporting adding Robyn to the family may have been Meri's last ditch effort to save her marriage rather than maintain first wife position over Christine and Janelle.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

Christine most likely called him out on almost killing her daughter and napping at Robyn's while she took her to the ER. You know in that asshat's mind it was Christine's fault for expecting him to watch her to being with.

I just watched this episode and know a lot of people blamed Christine for letting it get this far but in truth, she wasn't even around when Truely got sick! She'd been away to San Francisco with the other wives and   Kody had offered to watch all the kids with the help of Aspyn and Logan Kody told Aspyn and Logan to watch the kids for him. When she came home, Truely had already been sick for days!  Kody was the parent on watch, twho was responsible for her welfare and he quickly dismissed her illness as nothing serious. 

It's true that Christine did not take her to the hospital straight away but I get that. Children can be incredibly sick for just a day or a day or two and then bounce back.(Two of my young kids got Covid recently with a raging fever of 104F but were absolutely fine within 2 days!)  I have a gut feeling no one told Christine that she'd been this sick for days. Kody had only said that Truely didn't feel well but that it probably was just a flu.  So with that knowledge, it is pretty hard to decide whether or not to call a doctor.

When Truely started to look cross-eyed the next day, Christine grabbed her and drove her to the doctor who then referred her to the hospital as his first concern was meningitis. (Christine does say just before they drove to the doctor "apparently she's been like this for days...") Not in this episode, nor the next one is a reference for Aspyn telling her parents that this was very serious as some have said...Asypen did watch her for a while when Christine was running an errand and it was Mykelti who said that she'd seen Truely look cross-eyed that morning when Christine mentioned it. Yet Mykelti didn't recognise this as serious trouble either and only said it because her mom mentioned it.

On hind-sight, it's always easy to say what you should have done. But on the very rare occasion that I am away from home, I trust my husband to take the decisions. If he tells me that a child is sick but it is nothing serious, I would believe him too. Christine did recognise the signs that really meant trouble like being lethargic and be crossed-eyed, but she must have really believed Kody when he said that there wasn't really anything wrong when they talked on the phone. I'm sure she would have taken Truely to the hospital there and then if she had known Truely had been this sick for days. So yes,  Douchebag is the one who needs to carry most of the blame.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 21
4 hours ago, 90DayFart said:

Season 10, Episode 5 - Mariah is talking about when she first went away to college, and she wished that she had her mom to help her pick out bananas at the store. I.ALMOST.DIED. LOL

Banana GIF by Topshelf Records

She never did get around to picking a banana, did she?

OK, obvious joking aside, how stunted is this poor woman who didn't know how to pick out bananas? My own parents barely cooked and our meals came from cans, but even I learned how to pick out the bananas I liked. Maybe I don't know how to choose a kumquat or mangosteen, but this is bananas we're talking about here? It's not rocket surgery!

• LOL 9
  • Love 5

Sorry I know someone mentioned the Valentine’s Day a couple seasons ago when Kody bought the wives gorgeous big bouquets… I couldn’t find the post so I couldn’t quote it…. Anyways right around the time that that episode aired there was a poster on Reddit that said she worked at the florist and it was TLC who paid for them and a TLC flunky picked them up and took them to Kody 

I have no idea if that’s the truth but I wouldn’t doubt it. 🙄

I thought it looked more generous than anything Kootie would do… he even gave Meri a big bouquet.

Edited by Joan of Argh
Autocorrect
  • Useful 8
  • Love 13

Kind of random, but I'm rewatching, up to S4E3. This is the one where they (C &R) weigh Truely and Sol, then go out for lunch so Christine can apologise to Robyn. Again. 

During this rewatch, I'm seriously irritated by the sappy soundtrack. Robyn cries and a sad sad instrumental floats in the air behind her. 

Ok, that's all 

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

Season 1, Episode 1-I absolutely saw the signs that this would be a shitshow of a freak show, however it ended up.  As soon as Kody started introducing his wives.  I had to look up their religious sect, the AUB, because I’d never heard of it.  As soon as the Mormon-splaining began I knew this was going to be a roller coaster.  At the time, the country was choosing sides on the “legality”  of marriage between same sex couples.  The show was taking the tired old trope of “well if you make marriage anything other than between A man and A woman, what’s next-marrying animals or lampposts or multiple people?” and running with it faster than Oscar Pistorius deciding that was a dangerous intruder he needed to shoot through the door instead of just his girlfriend using the bathroom in the middle of the night and closing the door for a little privacy.

ALL the shock and awe was wrapped up at the end of episode 1 when Kody made the big reveal to the rest of the fambly that he had been courting a fourth wife.

The writing has been on the wall in huge colorful spray painted graffiti font since day one.

Edited by kicotan
Left something out
  • Love 18

I recently watched the season & episode with Aspyn's wedding (after dropping the show when the catfish story broke).  I was shocked at how much time Kody seemed to be spending with Christine at the time.  It appeared he was at her house quite a bit & enjoyed sharing the whole wedding planning/event with her and her kids.  It was such a glaring change from how he's been in more recent seasons. 

It seemed somewhat genuine, but he could've been just trying hard for the cameras (which he no longer even attempts).  

Of course, even on his "best" behavior, he's creepy and scummy and irritating.

Edited by GeorgiaRai
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

Has anyone seen the oldie The Gods Must be Crazy?

Great lines that fit SW:

Mpudi: I got seven wives. How many you got?

Steyn: So why aren't you at home with your seven wives?

Mpudi: I know how to marry them. Nobody knows how to live with them.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 14
  • Love 5
57 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Back in the day…..

48D51748-3481-4A26-B16A-29958971D822.jpeg

This picture is interesting on so many levels. It was in the days of modest layered clothing, which are long gone. It was right after the Robyn wedding, and Kody appears to be holding Aurora’s hand? Or is that Ysabel? Wow, Robyn was thin and better looking then. Why is Meri turned away from her only daughter? Why is Madison facing Meri? I forgot how chubby Day’un was as a child. I can name every kid except the boy sitting on the left, which officiallly makes me a loser.

Edited by Cancun
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Cancun said:

This picture is interesting on so many levels. It was in the days of modest layered clothing, which are long gone. It was right after the Robyn wedding, and Kody appears to be holding Aurora’s hand? Or is that Ysabel? Wow, Robyn was thin and better looking then. Why is Meri turned away from her only daughter? Why is Madison facing Meri? I forgot how chubby Day’un was as a child. I can name every kid except the boy sitting on the left, which officiallly makes me a loser.

Kody appears to be holding Ysabel’s hand. Interesting that Kody and Robyn are next to each other with Kody’s body facing towards her, and away from Christine. Also, look at how little Truly is— Christine is barely out of the postpartum period and Kody is courting/ has taken a new wife.

• Love 5

When Kody married Robyn, his relationship with Christine already wasn’t doing too well. I may be wrong here, but I always had the feeling that Truely’s conception had something to do with an attempt to fix a bad relation. (Esp considering the 7-year age gap between Truely and Ysabel) Lots of couples try this, and fail.

Having said so, and  being very much against polygamy, I think that courting and marrying a new wife when another is pregnant or has just given birth is a particularly crappy thing to do and very disrespectful.

Oh btw… we’re all over Robyn for doing so, but did anyone know that Christine actually did this too? She married Kody at the end of March 1994 and Janelle gave birth to Logan in May of that same year…

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
6 hours ago, Cancun said:

Why is Madison facing Meri? 

To look thinner.  It is not working. Maddie looks 5 mos pregnant and Aspyn 8 mos pregnant.  All the teen girls started piling on weight when Robyn arrived.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, LilyD said:

When Kody married Robyn, his relationship with Christine already wasn’t doing too well. I may be wrong here, but I always had the feeling that Truely’s conception had something to do with an attempt to fix a bad relation. (Esp considering the 7-year age gap between Truely and Ysabel) Lots of couples try this, and fail.

Having said so, and  being very much against polygamy, I think that courting and marrying a new wife when another is pregnant or has just given birth is a particularly crappy thing to do and very disrespectful.

Oh btw… we’re all over Robyn for doing so, but did anyone know that Christine actually did this too? She married Kody at the end of March 1994 and Janelle gave birth to Logan in May of that same year…

One of the reasons there is a 7 year gap between Ysabel and Truely is that Christine had a very bad miscarriage and it took awhile to recover from that.

• Useful 5
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, aimlessbird said:

One of the reasons there is a 7 year gap between Ysabel and Truely is that Christine had a very bad miscarriage and it took awhile to recover from that.

I don’t recall that. Was it in their book, or discussed in an episode?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, aimlessbird said:

If I remember correctly, Kody talked Christine into getting pregnant with Truely, because she didn’t want to try again.  Can someone confirm that?  

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

If I remember correctly, Kody talked Christine into getting pregnant with Truely, because she didn’t want to try again.  Can someone confirm that?  

I can't remember this, but it is a typically crappy Kody thing to do. He tried to do the same with Meri who eventually said no.  Meri really struggled with making a decision and instead of looking at it from her perspective and supporting her, he kept on pushing her for IVF and then on using Robyn as a surrogate over and over again...

Addition: I am now wondering if he also pushed for new pregnancies asap? Janelle had 6 kids in 9.5 years. Between Madison and Hunter's births and Garrison's and Gabriel's births there were only 15 months, which is almost inhumane to do that to someone! Christine 'only' had Aspyn and Mykelti in a very short amount of time (15 months apart) but still had 5 kids in 8 years.

The medical advice is to leave at least 12 months between pregnancies to give the body time to recover...

Edited by LilyD
addition on pregnancies
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2