Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E09: Week 9

JenE4
  • Start Topic

It's been Nayte from Day 1 - first out of the limo and a fairly long introductory chat, first impression rose, first kiss, waited on 1 on 1 date until they got to Mpls so she could introduce him to her girlfriends, cuddly last date, an 'I love you too' for him on the overnight date. There has been sparks between those two from the beginning. I love watching them together.

• Love 10
16 hours ago, GracieK said:

Brandon sounds like Adam Sandler - especially his Bobby Hart character from The Wedding Singer. It’s all I can hear when he speaks. 

To me, all I hear is the guy from "We're the Millers" with the No Ragerts tattoo and always said "you know what I'm saying?"

ETA: Meet the Millers?

Edited by NaughtyKitty
Tital change
  • LOL 5
14 hours ago, JenE4 said:

You might be on to something.  Michelle’s recap that Brandon “Listened when he needed to listen, comforted when he needed to comfort, and spoke when he needed to speak” sure was odd. Needing to be comforted doesn’t exactly scream romantic evening. Then an empanada fight?!  But they did both say they were in love with each other?

Brandon is her security blanket, not her soulmate.  And clearly she needs one in the mix.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, shok said:

It's been Nayte from Day 1 - first out of the limo and a fairly long introductory chat, first impression rose, first kiss, waited on 1 on 1 date until they got to Mpls so she could introduce him to her girlfriends, cuddly last date, an 'I love you too' for him on the overnight date. There has been sparks between those two from the beginning. I love watching them together.

Nayte is the only one who got the mariachi band the morning after!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

This show has gotten so boring. I've seen every season, but am fast-forwarding through this one. part of it is probably the hosts. Can't stand them. Sooo awkward. All the social media influencer crap has really drained the show of its power, too. Maybe it's time for it to die. (I never thought I'd feel that way.) I don't even remember who Clayton is, and I just watched this season! How sad is that? Too many generic people being cast. Yawn.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Andromeda said:

This show has gotten so boring. I've seen every season, but am fast-forwarding through this one. part of it is probably the hosts. Can't stand them. Sooo awkward. All the social media influencer crap has really drained the show of its power, too. Maybe it's time for it to die. (I never thought I'd feel that way.) I don't even remember who Clayton is, and I just watched this season! How sad is that? Too many generic people being cast. Yawn.

I know. This show has lost me. I didn’t even watch this season because I found myself watching my fingernails grow, distracting me, anything distracted me from watching this season, so I didn’t. I do come here to read about what you all are seeing. It really doesn’t sound like I missed out on great entertainment. 

I liked Michelle too, but I have no clue about all the tidbits that came up in her season so far, except for fleeting moments when I took a quick glance at this show while I was watching something else. I for SURE am not going to be watching the new bachelor show with Clayton, the generic, who works out. He’s not even that attractive, he’s just ok mediocre in looks as far as I’m concerned. It seems they are picking men with buff bodies and thats all that seems to matter to who ever is picking these dudes who are to be the next bachelor. Well, except for Peter lol. He got by his different and interesting career as a pilot. That was his big plus in winning the role. Maybe that and his odd cheering about windmill antics, by his mother. They knew she’d bring the controversy to the show. 
I started watching this show because I was happy to watch people sincerely trying to find the love of their lives. They took that away from the viewers and switched it to some other kind of show. A stupid one. It was stupid and funny before, but now its just Stoopid. Annoyingly so. 

What I don’t like about not watching this show , is that it will leave me in the dark as to who these people are when I watch my FAVORITE show of the series... Bachelor in Paradise. I hope I can stick with BIP because it was a show I REALLY look forward to. 
Otherwise, for bachelors and ettes, they’ve lost me.

• Love 5

I usually roll my eyes when contestants complain about their "boyfriend/girlfriend" going on dates with other people, like they don't know what this show is about, but I’m with the guys on this one. Keeping the three guys together during fantasy suites feels really creepy, more then when they are "just" going on dates, no wonder they all feel so awkward. See you bro, have fun getting it on with the woman I got it on with yesterday! 

If it turns out that Michelle has kept Joe this whole time just to dump him in revenge for ghosting her, that would be pretty amazing. Like the Count of Monte Cristo, but with less murder and more Instagram. 

Brandon is probably my favorite, he seems fun and like a genuinely good guy, but I don't think he's ready to get married. Which in the real world would be fine, they could take as much time as they want to get to know each other and decide if they want to commit, but on this show, which is just obsessed with putting a ring on it, its a real problem. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 9
23 hours ago, DEL901 said:

So, did Brandon talk his way into a pity rose, or did Michelle satisfy her curiosity about Mr Basketball and ready to send him home. 

I think Brandon is her insurance policy. If Nayte flakes out at the last minute, Brandon will be there and ready propose.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Thumper said:

When did Joe ghost Michelle?   I haven’t been watching regularly.

Before the show. He was " mr. Basketball " or something,  she had a crush, texted him, they talked  for a while but never met, then he stopped texting. 

Thats how I remember it. I'm sure someone will correct me if I got it wrong

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Brandon seems like someone who knows all the answers...before there's even a question.  He's a recruiter, so he has more "education" in how to present himself as an applicant--simply by observing the applicants HE interviews.  He's just too sincere for me.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Andromeda said:

I've seen every season, but am fast-forwarding through this one. part of it is probably the hosts. Can't stand them. Sooo awkward.

The Powers That Beeeeee...need to read this, have it read to them...and memorize it.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Before the show. He was " mr. Basketball " or something,  she had a crush, texted him, they talked  for a while but never met, then he stopped texting. 

Thats how I remember it. I'm sure someone will correct me if I got it wrong

10 hours ago, Thumper said:

When did Joe ghost Michelle?   I haven’t been watching regularly.

Adding some more details… Michelle was aware of and apparently had a crush on Joe from afar since when they were in high school and he was crowned Mr Minnesota Basketball and she was Ms Minnesota Basketball runner-up. After she was on The Bachelor they “slipped into each other’s DMs” (not sure who initiated the conversation) and exchanged some messages but Joe ended up ghosting her. When he came on the show, he explained that the George Floyd tragedy and subsequent protests happened near his business so he was emotionally not in a good place to pursue a relationship, and that’s why he stopped messaging her.

Here’s where I’m curious for more details myself. Ironically, Jamie sensed there was some history there between the two of them, but he took it upon himself to make up details—or was it that other guy Chris who confronted Joe? Regardless, one of the guys knew something was up, and Michelle ended up telling the guys that they messaged “years ago” (when it was within THAT year) and that they never met. I feel like they got off the hook there considering Wrong Reasons accusations can happen for much less. But it did seem like she built it up in her mind that this was her soulmate since they kept coming into each other’s orbit…and I’m sure the fact that he’s so handsome doesn’t hurt. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, SassyCat said:

I started watching this show because I was happy to watch people sincerely trying to find the love of their lives. They took that away from the viewers and switched it to some other kind of show. A stupid one. It was stupid and funny before, but now its just Stoopid. Annoyingly so. 

Me too.  And I like your use of 'stupid' versus 'stoopid'...I'm going to borrow that from now on!

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, deSchenke said:

Agreed.

I would not call Michelle "wrong reasons," and Jamie was obviously a total ass, but he wasn't completely wrong about her and Joe.  There was history there and she did have a crush--for years!!--and had been blown off and it wasn't all that long ago.  I always thought she protested too much when Jamie--quite wrongly and sneakily--made a thing of it, because she did have feelings for him.  Michelle has been considered a saint this season, and nobody is a saint, certainly not on this show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 12/15/2021 at 11:24 AM, Alexander Pope said:

I know it's twisted, but those dresses looked like condoms to me!

It's those dresses that were twisted!  How on earth did anyone think that looked good?  In addition to the silly clomping out for only one "announcement" this week, the duo looked like they'd been dipped in latex.

As for Nayte, I've been blah about him.  I don't dislike him, but I haven't seen what Michelle is so fascinated with, beyond his kisses.  However, his smug sauntering after he received his rose really turned me off.  I'm afraid at this point that Michelle is going to walk away alone or end up with a broken heart.  😭

• Love 1

I didn’t see the latex dresses, and am glad of that. What I am thinking now is that Tayshia is single and available it wouldn’t be fair to the bachelorette of the season to have that gorgeous beauty with so much charisma in the same building as the bachelorette and her slew of men. What man wouldn’t be hoping for a flirt with Tayshia 💃 other than , lets say last seasons, Katie? 🧟‍♀️
Tayshia is back on the market. It would be hard for the men to not be hoping for a spark between them and the “host”, rather than the bachelorette offered. That’s what I’m thinking. 😲

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Guys that look like Nate are a dime a dozen on dating apps like Tinder or Bumble: overly stylized beard/eyebrows, a dangly cross earring, tons of loud tattoos and too tight pants.  Possible unpopular opinion: he gives me "Tik-Tok F*** Boy" vibes.  I prefer unconventional good looks, a more rugged appearance in terms of facial hair and zero tattoos.  

• Love 7
5 hours ago, deSchenke said:

George Floyd was murdered in May of 2020. So it was over a year ago that Michelle and Joe exchanged DMs.

But wasn’t this filmed over the summer while she was out of school? That’s why Katie went first so Michelle wouldn’t miss any more school. And the protests went on for months, so I’ll agree that maybe they texted year (pretty much exactly or a year and a month or two) before filming, but she told the guys they messaged years ago—and that’s a lie.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

But wasn’t this filmed over the summer while she was out of school? That’s why Katie went first so Michelle wouldn’t miss any more school. And the protests went on for months, so I’ll agree that maybe they texted year (pretty much exactly or a year and a month or two) before filming, but she told the guys they messaged years ago—and that’s a lie.

Great points! And Michelle downplayed the whole interaction by telling the guys that they just talked about basketball.  Michelle definitely lied. 

Edited by Hip-to-be-Square
spelling
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Recyclorette said:

It's those dresses that were twisted!  How on earth did anyone think that looked good?  In addition to the silly clomping out for only one "announcement" this week, the duo looked like they'd been dipped in latex.

Maybe, AT LAST, someone in Wardrobe has a sense of humor.

• LOL 4
On 12/16/2021 at 3:42 AM, JenE4 said:

Adding some more details… Michelle was aware of and apparently had a crush on Joe from afar since when they were in high school and he was crowned Mr Minnesota Basketball and she was Ms Minnesota Basketball runner-up. After she was on The Bachelor they “slipped into each other’s DMs” (not sure who initiated the conversation) and exchanged some messages but Joe ended up ghosting her. When he came on the show, he explained that the George Floyd tragedy and subsequent protests happened near his business so he was emotionally not in a good place to pursue a relationship, and that’s why he stopped messaging her.

It was not long before she was on Matt's season of The Bachelor. She slid into Joe's DMs and they exchanged a few messages. The events of George Floyd happened summer 2020 and Michelle went and filmed The Bachelor Fall 2020. 

People act like they were damn-near dating and he ghosted. Not the case. He was dealing with his mental health. At the time, he wasn't beholden to Michelle. I think the whole thing was made a bigger issue than it really was, aside from Michelle's ego being bruised. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, funnygirl said:

It was not long before she was on Matt's season of The Bachelor. She slid into Joe's DMs and they exchanged a few messages. The events of George Floyd happened summer 2020 and Michelle went and filmed The Bachelor Fall 2020. 

People act like they were damn-near dating and he ghosted. Not the case. He was dealing with his mental health. At the time, he wasn't beholden to Michelle. I think the whole thing was made a bigger issue than it really was, aside from Michelle's ego being bruised. 

I definitely don't think he did anything wrong.  

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Alexander Pope said:

I definitely don't think he did anything wrong.  

Nor did she. Stuff happens out there in the real world, and it shouldn't be a huge blot against the character of either one.

• Love 6

I actually fell in love with Joe after his elimination… He was so genuinely hurt by that, however he acted as a mature adult. Plus he is soooo good looking. The only minus for me is that he didn’t like math and science in high school 

• Love 3