Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Kaer Morhen

• Start Topic

That vision thing that Yeneffer, the elf lady and the other one had was super weird. I am not really clear what kind of enitity they actually met...although I guess maybe we are not supposed to know at this point?

Cool seeing Kaer Morhen on screen finally and getting to meet some of the other Witchers that I'm familiar with like Lambert, Vesemir, and Eskel.  Of course, the last one didn't stick around for too long!  This is why it's bad to hide things from people: especially injuries you received when fighting mythical beings!

And so Ciri's training begins.  Geralt will continue to deny that she's his daughter in any way, but that clearly will be a battle he'll end up conceding.

Not sure what was going on with that witch creature, but it sounds like it has led to Fringilla and the Elf Queen (?) agreeing to join forces going forward.  But it sounds like Yen refused any kind of assistance or wish  (probably because she knows it will likely come back to bite them), so she's now powerless?  Hopefully things will be cleared up soon.

• Love 4

The Witch said something about letting Yennafer continue suffer for awhile. I wonder if she consumes their life forces or something?

I don't think Yennafer lost her power, she's just tapped out or perhaps a mental block

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

So why is Geralt all golden eyed and white haired when the other Witchers aren't? Even in the flashbacks to his childhood he looked like a normal kid. Do we ever find out what changed him? And are my eyes deceiving me or are his eyes a slightly different color than last season?

I like that the whore called him out on being a father to Ciri. And I got a real kick out him complaining about her . . . to ROACH.

• Love 8

I don’t understand why in a building full of Witcher’s Geralt was the only one fighting that thing? I know one of them was sent to protect Ciri but what about the others? Did I miss something? I know eventually the other guy showed too but…

• Love 7
17 hours ago, iMonrey said:

So why is Geralt all golden eyed and white haired when the other Witchers aren't? Even in the flashbacks to his childhood he looked like a normal kid. Do we ever find out what changed him? And are my eyes deceiving me or are his eyes a slightly different color than last season?

I like that the whore called him out on being a father to Ciri. And I got a real kick out him complaining about her . . . to ROACH.

On rewatch of the first 3 episodes, all of the Witchers have lighter eyes. Apparently, Geralt is something different from the rest of the Witchers. One of the other ones had a light blue eye and a light brown eye, so it may be according to the power they may possess.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, iMonrey said:

There is an explanation for it but not in the show. So many things don't get explained in the show because world building is not in their interest. And yes they looked a little different last Season.

Edited by Smad
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

Not exactly sure what happened this episode except that the Elf Witch wants to have a "pure blood" Elf baby, something that hasn't happened in a very long time.

And, Geralt should really thoroughly check out the wound on his shoulder so he doesn't end up pulling an "Eskel". 

The production values are very high, but the story content seems very low, the story line is moving at a snail's pace. It seems like they are trying to introduce lots of unique monsters at a time when the Witchers usually don't encounter monsters. Are all the monster going to come to them since they have no intention of leaving Kaer Morhen.

I was surprised that Ciri called herself a Princess, I had figured that she might have gotten a promotion to Queen by now. 

• Love 3
On 12/19/2021 at 2:43 PM, MissL said:

I don’t understand why in a building full of Witcher’s Geralt was the only one fighting that thing? I know one of them was sent to protect Ciri but what about the others? Did I miss something? I know eventually the other guy showed too but…

This was my question as well and the only answer I could come up with was that they were drunk and incapacitated after their party with the whores.  But . . . that's not right because at least one of them had the sense to send the whores to hide with the princess so . . . yeah I've got nothing.  (These few remaining witchers must all be second-string.)

Or . . . was it that they could not bring themselves to fight a monster that was one of their own?  If THAT's it then, thanks for nothing (and for leaving the fight to Geralt and his mentor.)

As for Yennifer's story-line . . . I'm just confused.  This show is pretty to look at but damn, the plot is convoluted.

• Love 4

We get to see the Witcher home and some other Witchers in this one, which was pretty cool. This is why you need to get medical help right away when injured, especially when your fighting magical monsters. That wound was nasty, even before the guy turned into Treebeards emo cousin. 

The head hooker calling Geralt on his dad vibes was great, and we even get to meet his father figure, who shockingly survived the episode. Usually parental figures of main characters are toast, but the season is still young.

Will be interesting seeing more of the elves, even if their alliance with the evil empire can hardly end well for anyone. 

• Love 4
19 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

The head hooker calling Geralt on his dad vibes was great,

It's hilarious that it's the same hooker from the beginning of episode 3 of S1. Here she mentions having met Geralt before but funnily not from that time in S1.

• Love 1

Great to see other witchers, though it's a shame Eskel didn't survive the episode. Always liked him in the books and games. I was hoping for some flashback to Geralt's times at Kaer Morhen instead of monster of the week episode, but leshen looked really cool. Maybe we still have a chance to see something while he trains Ciri.

I'm glad we got some inside into Fringilla , her backstory explains why she's so devoted to Emhyr. Looking forward to see more of Franceska too, I think the actress was great.

On 12/29/2021 at 11:45 AM, Smad said:

It's hilarious that it's the same hooker from the beginning of episode 3 of S1. Here she mentions having met Geralt before but funnily not from that time in S1.

Wasn't that something like 20 years ago? Shouldn't she have aged a bit more in the intervening decades? Though perhaps that's why she's leading her band of fellow hookers to an isolated fortress in the mountains with no women living nearby...

4 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

Wasn't that something like 20 years ago? Shouldn't she have aged a bit more in the intervening decades? Though perhaps that's why she's leading her band of fellow hookers to an isolated fortress in the mountains with no women living nearby...

Nah they just reused the actress. The S1 hooker was near Temeria. Kaer Morhen is far away from that.

Hey, there's the naked women I just commented on the lack thereof last episode.

I was a little distracted by the seeming lack of yellow-eyed fellow witchers too since the show made a point of telling us last season that that was an obvious side effect of surviving training. You could see the bit player's turn into a tree monster and someone having to fight it coming from a mile away, although I was a bit surprised Geralt's Obi-Wan, er Vesemir, survived it rather than die a huge symbolic death. And I guess everybody else in the place was too busy drinking or chasing whores to do anything about it? But then I could have sworn last season Geralt told us that this entire setup had been destroyed and that's why there couldn't be anymore witchers. He also didn't seem to have any fondness in the telling. So who knows?

I don't have a clear understanding of what was going with the shared visions either. Something something pure-blood elfin baby when no one's been able to produce one in awhile. The elves and Nilfgaardians reached some kind of alliance and Yennefer's finally free and stumbling through the woods all tapped out for some reason. Okay. Sometimes it's okay to just be along for the ride. Bring on the training montages.

15 hours ago, Ottis said:

Add me me as one that has little idea what is happening. I thought Witchers traveled around doing odd jobs. Hanging around the castle is pretty dull.

They spend winters in Kaer Morhen. Apparently monsters sleep during winters;)

• Love 1